Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1077507 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #3645 on: August 18, 2016, 11:37:29 am »
More than welcome Kimoyo. Sorry it took so long to say so.

The Ultimates is a good read, hell, Coates is a good read. They're just not good reads if one wants to read about the Black Panther.  No points are given to the Ultimates just because T'Challa avoided an unnecessary fight. And standing around observing is Priest light. Next issue's cover shows the Black Panther fighting Thanos. This is the issue that will determine if Ewing is serious about writing the Black Panther.  Now remember to be Priest like the dialog must be empowering and referential to Thanos' attack. Next, the Black Panther has to have a great on panel solo victory over Thanos that demonstrates his preparation,  martial skills and strategic acumen. Any thing short of this will relegate Ewing to just another writer that misused the Black Panther. See you next month.

If im being completely honest, I highly doubt we will see a solo victory from T'Challa over Thanos, If the Ultimates win this fight, it will likely be like in CW II with them winning by the skin of their teeth. Though at this point i could see maybe time for T'Challa rather then monica to come up with some sort of plan to stop Thanos. Because its a team book and it Thanos, Its gonna be a group effort to take him down. BUT i do want T'Challa to be the one with the plan that takes down Thanos and him playing a major part in it.

A solo T'challa victory over Thanos would be asinine

unless its a solo intellectual prep victory. There isn't a power source in the world that would put T'challa on Thanos levels physically outside the IG.

But... a prep victory over Thanos would be insane in its own right. I mean, he did just trick and punk the whole super hero community in this story line.

Was it you that linked the Video of Batman outsmarting darkseid? Thats something i would like to See T'Challa do, Force Thanos into a bad position and outsmart him

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE5RXhPwlKc

I dont see it as a problem especially because if i remember Correctly, it was Batman that copied T'Challa in becoming more of a master planner rather then the other way around. T'Challa should behave like he did at the Start of NA /Not the middle or end but at the beginning when he was getting Sh$t done

People hate the comparison, but T'challa needs to be the Batman of the Ultimates. He can't match these threats physically, so he needs to do it with his smarts and hes personality/demeanor of a king.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3646 on: August 18, 2016, 09:47:47 pm »
Black Panther a man with a plan for Galactus (whose power may surpass that of the Mad Titan); a man capable of circumventing the powers of Mephisto and the Silver Surfer; and a man who may possibly house knowledge that predates Thanos' existence.Not to mention he has out strategized Thanos once before. Notice that none of the forementioned involved fisticuffs to remove his opponent's powers.

What is asinine is thinking the Black Panther couldn't conceive of a way to push Galactus into his incubation chamber but has the tech to translocate himself across the galaxy. What is asinine is a Black Panther who can build a ship that can survive the destruction of the multiverse and not have enough sense to weaponize some part of the Living Tribunal's skin.  What is asinine is putting insultingly low expectations on T'Challa or thinking he has to punch his way to victory.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3647 on: August 19, 2016, 04:55:38 am »
Black Panther a man with a plan for Galactus (whose power may surpass that of the Mad Titan); a man capable of circumventing the powers of Mephisto and the Silver Surfer; and a man who may possibly house knowledge that predates Thanos' existence.Not to mention he has out strategized Thanos once before. Notice that none of the forementioned involved fisticuffs to remove his opponent's powers.

What is asinine is thinking the Black Panther couldn't conceive of a way to push Galactus into his incubation chamber but has the tech to translocate himself across the galaxy. What is asinine is a Black Panther who can build a ship that can survive the destruction of the multiverse and not have enough sense to weaponize some part of the Living Tribunal's skin.  What is asinine is putting insultingly low expectations on T'Challa or thinking he has to punch his way to victory.

You are projecting something that wasn't actually said.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3648 on: August 19, 2016, 09:15:51 pm »
Honest mistake. What was I projecting?

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #3649 on: August 30, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »
Honest mistake. What was I projecting?
I'm wondering the same. I got what you were saying Ture. However, I think if you had specifically asked "what is asinine for BP to defeat Thanos?" when making your points, then it maybe it would have been understood better.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3650 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:02 pm »
That's wassup Evasive1, thank you.

I think it's a forgone conclusion that despite the cover; T'Challa probably will not face Thanos one on one and if he does it won't be for long and he'll probably have to be rescued and he most certainly will not defeat Thanos in a solo confrontation.

My only point is he could and it would be a well deserved victory. BP needs some Ws on his terms using his skill set. That said, I have reservation for T'Challa's upcoming battle with the Totally Awesome Hulk using his variation of an Hulkbuster armor. That's too Iron Man a cliché and diminishes the intellectual resources at the Black Panther's disposal. Of course the true blame resides with the writer's inability to conceptualize some original tools and weaponry for T'Challa.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: August 30, 2016, 09:34:53 pm »
That's wassup Evasive1, thank you.

I think it's a forgone conclusion that despite the cover; T'Challa probably will not face Thanos one on one and if he does it won't be for long and he'll probably have to be rescued and he most certainly will not defeat Thanos in a solo confrontation.

My only point is he could and it would be a well deserved victory. BP needs some Ws on his terms using his skill set. That said, I have reservation for T'Challa's upcoming battle with the Totally Awesome Hulk using his variation of an Hulkbuster armor. That's too Iron Man a cliché and diminishes the intellectual resources at the Black Panther's disposal. Of course the true blame resides with the writer's inability to conceptualize some original tools and weaponry for T'Challa.

To be honest in Ultimates the best we can expect is for T'Challa to be the strategist who comes up with the plan to force Thanos to retreat (I'm guessing he won't be captured a second time) since Monica got pulled away and in sure she is probably afraid to try another strategy again.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3652 on: August 31, 2016, 04:33:02 am »

I am hoping there is some imagnination behind that Panthertron.

It looks so damn cool that at the moment I don't even care but yeah... I hope its more than Hulkbuster with ears.

Weaved with vibranium, it should be even more durable with the added benefit of redirecting the energy it absorbs. Hell... this is one of the times that T'challa's suit/vibranium being able to redirect energy SHOULD be used. Not against the Goon Squad.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3653 on: August 31, 2016, 06:58:02 am »
Agreed MOS. I appreciated the distinction that made each hero unique. Spider-man, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-Men etc. Not everyone was rich or a master strategist nor did everyone have their own armor for just the right occasion. They went into the situation or combat armed with their own unique skill set and powers.

The Black Panther much like Batman and Dr. Doom relied heavily on strategy and preparation. With Priest's Panther you had a Black Panther who wore a vibranium microweave costume that morphed into a European/American suit and tie; thus he was always protected and ready for action.

Priest slept on the action and combat. It would have been great to see how much damage from the Hulk T'Challa's vibranium habit could have protected him from.

Spider-man fought the Juggernaut with what he had and pulled of a legitimate victory. Black Panther sans the armor could do the same with the Hulk. Remember the words of Hunter the White Wolf to Tony Stark. "Have you ever wondered why my brother never built a suit of armor for himself?  Because he chose not to. Think about that."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 31, 2016, 09:00:26 am »
Agreed MOS. I appreciated the distinction that made each hero unique. Spider-man, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-Men etc. Not everyone was rich or a master strategist nor did everyone have their own armor for just the right occasion. They went into the situation or combat armed with their own unique skill set and powers.

The Black Panther much like Batman and Dr. Doom relied heavily on strategy and preparation. With Priest's Panther you had a Black Panther who wore a vibranium microweave costume that morphed into a European/American suit and tie; thus he was always protected and ready for action.

Priest slept on the action and combat. It would have been great to see how much damage from the Hulk T'Challa's vibranium habit could have protected him from.

Spider-man fought the Juggernaut with what he had and pulled of a legitimate victory. Black Panther sans the armor could do the same with the Hulk. Remember the words of Hunter the White Wolf to Tony Stark. "Have you ever wondered why my brother never built a suit of armor for himself?  Because he chose not to. Think about that."

I think T'Challa can beat hulk without the Armor, He would simply out maneuver him. What i would honestly liek to see, is the Panther hulk buster turns out to actually be a ruse, to get Cho to focus on that and not what BP is really up to. Pull some EotS ll on Cho like he did to Iron man

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3655 on: August 31, 2016, 09:21:28 am »

I think T'Challa can beat hulk without the Armor, He would simply out maneuver him. What i would honestly liek to see, is the Panther hulk buster turns out to actually be a ruse, to get Cho to focus on that and not what BP is really up to. Pull some EotS ll on Cho like he did to Iron man

It would need to be something.

One strategy that has never worked against the Hulk is trying to out punch him lol.

I mean... I really don't expect T'challa to "beat" Hulk in his own book. I just hope their is some uniqueness in T'challa's plan other than, "build panther looking Hulkbuster armor and try punching him into submission"

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 31, 2016, 11:40:32 am »

It would need to be something.

One strategy that has never worked against the Hulk is trying to out punch him lol.

I mean... I really don't expect T'challa to "beat" Hulk in his own book. I just hope their is some uniqueness in T'challa's plan other than, "build panther looking Hulkbuster armor and try punching him into submission"

To be honest i could see T'Challa putting a device on Cho that forces him disengage as being the hulk, a reverse hulking out for lack of a better term, and getting him to yield that way. Like they may trade a few blows then T'Challa hits him with something that forces him back to his human self and then he tells him to stand down.

When does that issue come out btw?

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3657 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:18 pm »
Originally Posted by CBR's Victor Freeman

THE NEW MARVEL UNIVERSE. BORN OUT OF AFRICA AND AFROFUTURISM.

by Brett

Secret Wars #9 hit shelves wrapping up Marvel‘s world shaping event as Mr. Fantastic and Doctor Doom battled it out over the fate of existence. Many have focused on Miles Morales’ introduction in to the Marvel 616 (or Marvel Prime, whatever you want to call it). Or they were focused on the future of the Fantastic Four. Maybe they were focused on Doctor Doom’s face?

While all of those things were interesting, I was more focused on the statement writer Jonathan Hickman made, whether on purpose or unintentionally, as to the cradle of humankind (really the whole Marvel 616 Universe) and its future. Hickman anchored both on the shoulders of a man from Africa, the leader of Wakanda, T’Challa, the Black Panther.

The idea of humankind being birthed, evolving out of Africa, is a relatively new one, tracing back to just 1924, less than 100 years ago. In 1871 Charles Darwin said it was “probable” that Africa was the cradle of humans due to the presence of chimpanzees and gorillas, but he also said there was an extinct ape in Europe, which created some doubt. “Speculation was useless.” In the early 20th Century it was thought that humans evolved somewhere in Europe or Asia. It was a fossil discover in 1924 that changed things, and even then that was disputed for some time. What we take for granted as a given today, is something relatively new.

In Secret Wars, Doctor Doom has taken god like power and remade existence in his image creating a tough new reality called Battleworld. The miniseries builds up as the remaining heroes rally to stop Doom. Part of that plan is the Black Panther’s wielding of the Infinity Gauntlet and its gems which have the power over strength and durability, time, teleportation, manipulating one’s soul, alters all of reality, and gives psionic/psychic abilities. Doom initially battles Black Panther and Namor, as Reed Richards gets to the heart of Doom’s power, the Molecule Man. Eventually Doom is distracted, fighting Reed Richards, and as the Molecule Man tears the universe apart, T’Challa uses the Reality Gem to create a new reality, a new Marvel Universe. In his actions he brings Miles Morales to this new world, saves “orphans” such as the Squadron Supreme members, places his nemesis Namor back on the throne of Atlantis, and even heals Doom’s face. The world was remade, and remade better, due to the will and wisdom of an African man.

If there’s any doubt that T’Challa is responsible for the new Marvel Universe, one just needs to read that first panel after he clenches his fist. His words, “it worked,” with the Infinity Gem no longer present, burnt away from its use indicates what has happened, and he’s responsible.

T’Challa could have cast away the Squadron Supreme, punished Namor, left Doom to rot, or forgotten about Miles, one of the few high-profile African-American superheroes in the Marvel universe. Instead he shows compassion and a fatherly touch befitting his noble position and wise ruling.

T’Challa also clearly knows of Doom’s Battleworld, so this new world was formed around him, he’s the center of this new universe. While he was using the gem, this is the world he shapes and wants to start from, this is his vision for the present and future. It’s not just the present Marvel Universe that Hickman and T’Challa gives us. Hickman takes it one step further. He gives us the future and the possibility that the future of the Marvel universe is built upon Afrofuturism.

Afrofuturism is “a literary and cultural aesthetic that combines elements of science fiction, historical fiction, fantasy, Afrocentricity, and magic realism with non-Western cosmologies in order to critique not only the present-day dilemmas of people of color, but also to revise, interrogate, and re-examine the historical events of the past.”

It’s not just interesting to me that T’Challa, an African ruler births humankind (really the whole universe) by shaping reality with the gem, but it’s also his positioning of Wakanda as the center of our future as a civilization. As he says in the panel on the right, “Great societies are crumbling around us. And the old men who run them are out of ideas. So all eyes turn to you our children… to build us something better.”

It’s clear Marvel is centering the character more with a new high profile comic and an upcoming movie with one of the hottest directors in Hollywood. This also comes after Marvel has stumbled a bit, especially when it comes to inclusion of African-Americans with their All-New, All-Different Marvel launch that has been overwhelmingly male and white when it comes to creators, was accused of cultural appropriation, and according to data may lag in African-American fans.

In the few months since the launch of All-New, All-Different Marvel, we’ve seen subtlety that Wakanda plays a major role now in the Marvel Universe. In The Ultimates it was clear there was something big going on, but we’re never really explained exactly what.

It’s laid out clear in Secret Wars #9 that humankind’s future is being built on Wakandan technology. That the new space operation, Alpha Flight, is Wakanda’s project. That it’s Wakandan science fueling it all, especially our expansion in space. Step by step.

Technology is addressed, diaspora is addressed, and done so through science fiction and magical realism. It even addresses Wakanda’s past briefly. In Marvel’s past, it was Tony Stark, and Stark Industries/Enterprises that drove the world’s future, fueling every day technology up to the funding of the Avengers. Now we have a new focus, a new history, a new leader to guide the Marvel Universe, and he’s African. The shift is undeniable, and a bold start for 2016.

Here’s hoping the company sees the groundwork laid out by Hickman, and like T’Challa, uses wisdom to build a brighter future.

https://graphicpolicy.com/2016/01/15/the-new-marvel-universe-born-out-of-africa-and-afrofuturism/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3658 on: September 16, 2016, 08:49:23 pm »
Can't wait for the right artist and writer to drop the real Black Panther!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: September 17, 2016, 07:00:35 am »
Can't wait for the right artist and writer to drop the real Black Panther!

At least I'm not the only person unimpressed by the artist.