Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 882896 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS - CHAPTER 2 - The Briefing (All New!)
« Reply #4410 on: August 17, 2018, 06:51:54 am »
Damn! What a collaboration!!!

Make mine this right here!

Peace,

Mont

That wassup Kimoyo! Writing this was most enjoyable. The dialogue between T'Challa and Shuri simply wrote itself. It would be most fortunate if Apex and I had the time and resources to do a full blown out comic book.

My Dear Brother Ture:

First off..."Cos play...for real!" .....Hilarious!

No wonder we are usually of the same mind, we have the same story!  Fat Jack's!?! No doubt we've stood shoulder to shoulder on a Wednesday perusing the same books, none the wiser as to our alter egos? 8)  Fat Jack's was my first LCS taking me beyond the news stand and dime store racks that first introduced me to Jungle Action, Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos, The Avengers, Challengers of the Unknown, The Legion of Superheroes, The Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Two in One, etc.  Later, I would find the now defunct Comicv Vault and the thriving Brave New Worlds.

Comics and it's particular brand of storytelling, played a major role in my growth, or lack there of ???, during my formative years.  By undergrad I had put them aside, trying to focus on finding my way and consumed very little until Marvel got my attention with something new and bold...their "Marvel Knights" label featuring the brash comics vet Christopher Priest with his fresh take on Black Panther!
They brought me back in!

I spent a lot of time and money on comics, to my wife's chagrin, but all in all I'm convinced, there are worse hobbies a man could have!?!

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont

Yea that cos-play was the truth. Next visit to Wakanda I will make an effort to look her up. Now this, I have to talk about. You go to Fatjack's... whoa! Million questions. Were you going there during the Priest and Hudlin years? How about when Coates debuted? Do you know the people who work there? Are you the one who keeps beating me to that one in 10,000 variant? Are you going anytime soon? Did you used to go to Crimson Moon? Do you you know about Almagam Comics? Where did you do undergrad? Ok I'll stop for now. It is no wonder we hit it off here at the HEF.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4411 on: August 17, 2018, 07:04:09 am »
Very well done. I can't wait to see the art that will go with it

Thank you Ezyo. What you see is what we got so far. It would be great if Apex and I had the time and resources to put together an actual comic book but for now all we can do is whet the appetite of the HEFers and everyone else who enjoys what we are doing.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4412 on: August 17, 2018, 07:11:45 am »
Good show brother Ture, I especially like the banter between the siblings.

Thank you very much Gessela. While writing this, it felt as if the characters were speaking for themselves. I was in the midst of writing or trying to write the epic battle of Requiem when all the interaction of a conference began filling my head. So rather than loose it I let the muse guide to where it wanted me to go. I will return to Requiem but the muse has given a couple of other things to share first.

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #4413 on: August 17, 2018, 02:35:31 pm »

Thank you very much Gessela. While writing this, it felt as if the characters were speaking for themselves. I was in the midst of writing or trying to write the epic battle of Requiem when all the interaction of a conference began filling my head. So rather than loose it I let the muse guide to where it wanted me to go. I will return to Requiem but the muse has given a couple of other things to share first.

I enjoyed the banter too.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4414 on: August 17, 2018, 02:55:10 pm »

I enjoyed the banter too.

I appreciate your taking the time to say so CKW. Thank you. All we need now is a little energon and a lot of luck.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: August 24, 2018, 07:13:00 pm »
Damn! What a collaboration!!!

Make mine this right here!

Peace,

Mont

That wassup Kimoyo! Writing this was most enjoyable. The dialogue between T'Challa and Shuri simply wrote itself. It would be most fortunate if Apex and I had the time and resources to do a full blown out comic book.

My Dear Brother Ture:

First off..."Cos play...for real!" .....Hilarious!

No wonder we are usually of the same mind, we have the same story!  Fat Jack's!?! No doubt we've stood shoulder to shoulder on a Wednesday perusing the same books, none the wiser as to our alter egos? 8)  Fat Jack's was my first LCS taking me beyond the news stand and dime store racks that first introduced me to Jungle Action, Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos, The Avengers, Challengers of the Unknown, The Legion of Superheroes, The Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Two in One, etc.  Later, I would find the now defunct Comicv Vault and the thriving Brave New Worlds.

Comics and it's particular brand of storytelling, played a major role in my growth, or lack there of ???, during my formative years.  By undergrad I had put them aside, trying to focus on finding my way and consumed very little until Marvel got my attention with something new and bold...their "Marvel Knights" label featuring the brash comics vet Christopher Priest with his fresh take on Black Panther!
They brought me back in!

I spent a lot of time and money on comics, to my wife's chagrin, but all in all I'm convinced, there are worse hobbies a man could have!?!

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont

Yea that cos-play was the truth. Next visit to Wakanda I will make an effort to look her up. Now this, I have to talk about. You go to Fatjack's... whoa! Million questions. Were you going there during the Priest and Hudlin years? How about when Coates debuted? Do you know the people who work there? Are you the one who keeps beating me to that one in 10,000 variant? Are you going anytime soon? Did you used to go to Crimson Moon? Do you you know about Almagam Comics? Where did you do undergrad? Ok I'll stop for now. It is no wonder we hit it off here at the HEF.

LOL!  Sorry for the delay, had a few days off and a long "honey do" list!

I still go to Fat Jack's every once in a while, work nearby, definitely patronized during CJP and Reg's runs. Not on first name basis with the folks but they no me to see me.  Always go during my birthday month for the discount.  Not sure of next visit, mostly shop closer to home now.  Never heard of Crimson Moon, Amalgam sounds familiar?  Wakandan brethren in the "City of Brotherly Love" how 'bout that!?!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS - CHAPTER 2 - The Briefing
« Reply #4416 on: September 02, 2018, 09:20:26 am »
LOL!  Sorry for the delay, had a few days off and a long "honey do" list!

I still go to Fat Jack's every once in a while, work nearby, definitely patronized during CJP and Reg's runs. Not on first name basis with the folks but they no me to see me.  Always go during my birthday month for the discount.  Not sure of next visit, mostly shop closer to home now.  Never heard of Crimson Moon, Amalgam sounds familiar?  Wakandan brethren in the "City of Brotherly Love" how 'bout that!?!

Peace,

Mont

Please forgive my very late reply Kimoyo. How cool to share such a commonality. I am known at FJ's and enjoy regular in depth conversations concerning all things comic books and Black Panther. Crimson Moon was the coolest cafe in the city directly across the street in front of FJ's. It has changed owners and is now a high end restaurant. Almagam is a comic book store and cafe inspired by both Fat Jack's and Crimson Moon thus the name Amalgam. If and when a significant change in BP comics occurs, we should make an effort to meet at FJ's.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: September 04, 2018, 08:26:04 pm »
Agreed! Thanks for the history behind the naming of Amalgam, cool info!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4418 on: September 04, 2018, 09:05:10 pm »
Agreed! Thanks for the history behind the naming of Amalgam, cool info!

Peace,

Mont

My pleasure Mont. Notice the improvement on my response time.  ;)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #4419 on: September 12, 2018, 08:26:18 pm »
Another

Chapter

Of

BP710:

THE PROTOCOLS

Is Coming

Soon.

But first I have to finish reading Supreme Illuminati's tale.