Author Topic: Sophia Stewart, The Real Creator of ‘The Matrix,’ Wins Billion Dollar Copyright  (Read 38927 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX

http://www.africanglobe.net/headlines/sophia-stewart-real-creator-matrix-wins-billion-dollar-case/

AFRICANGLOBE – This little known story has met a just conclusion, as Sophia Stewart, African American author of The Matrix will finally receive her just due from the copyright infringement of her original work!!!

A six-year dispute has ended involving Sophia Stewart, the Wachowski Brothers, Joel Silver and Warner Brothers. Stewart’s allegations, involving copyright infringement and racketeering, were received and acknowledged by the Central District of California, Judge Margaret Morrow presiding.

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood , as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.

Stewart filed her case in 1999, after viewing the Matrix, which she felt had been based on her manuscript, ‘The Third Eye,’ copyrighted in 1981. In the mid-eighties Stewart had submitted her manuscript to an ad placed by the Wachowski Brothers, requesting new sci-fi works..

According to court documentation, an FBI investigation discovered that more than thirty minutes had been edited from the original film, in an attempt to avoid penalties for copyright infringement.

The investigation also stated that ‘credible witnesses employed at Warner Brothers came forward, claiming that the executives and lawyers had full knowledge that the work in question did not belong to the Wachowski Brothers.’ These witnesses claimed to have seen Stewart’s original work and that it had been ‘often used during preparation of the motion pictures.’ The defendants tried, on several occasions, to have Stewart’s case dismissed, without success.

Stewart has confronted skepticism on all sides, much of which comes from Matrix fans, who are strangely loyal to the Wachowski Brothers. One on-line forum, entitled Matrix Explained has an entire section devoted to Stewart. Some who have researched her history and writings are open to her story.

Others are suspicious and mocking. ‘It doesn’t bother me,’ said Stewart in a phone interview last week, ‘I always knew what was true.’

Some fans, are unaware of the case or they question its legitimacy, due to the fact that it has received little to no media coverage. Though the case was not made public until October of 2003, Stewart has her own explanation, as quoted at aghettotymz.com:

‘The reason you have not seen any of this in the media is because Warner Brothers parent company is AOL-Time Warner…. this GIANT owns 95 percent of the media… let me give you a clue as to what they own in the media business… New York Times papers/magazines, LA Times papers/magazines, People Magazine, CNN news, Extra, Celebrity Justice, Entertainment Tonight, HBO, New Line Cinema, DreamWorks, Newsweek, Village Roadshow and many, many more! They are not going to report on themselves. They have been suppressing my case for years.’

The Matrix is arguably the most successful science sci-fi movie
Fans who have taken Stewart’s allegations seriously, have found eerie mythological parallels, which seem significant in a case that revolves around the highly metaphorical and symbolic Matrix series. Sophia, the Greek goddess of wisdom has been referenced many times in speculation about Stewart. In one book about the Goddess Sophia, it reads, ‘The black goddess is the mistress of web creation spun in her divine matrix.’

Although there have been outside implications as to racial injustice (Stewart is African American), she does not feel that this is the case. ‘This is all about the Benjamins,’ said Stewart. ‘It’s not about money with me. It’s about justice.’

Stewart’s future plans involve a record label, entitled Popsilk Records, and a motion picture production company, All Eyez On Me, in reference to God. ‘I wrote The Third Eye to wake people up, to remind them why God put them here. There’s more to life than money,’ said Stewart. ‘My whole to the world is about God and good and about choice, about spirituality over ‘technocracy’.’

If Stewart represents spirituality, then she truly has prevailed over the ‘technocracy’ represented in both the Terminator and the Matrix, and now, ironically, by their supposed creators.

Stewart is currently having discussions with CBS about a possible exclusive story and has several media engagements in the near future to nationally publicize her victory.

June 13th 2004. Sophia Stewart’s press release read: ‘The Matrix & Terminator movie franchises have made world history and have ultimately changed the way people view movies and how Hollywood does business, yet the real truth about the creator and creation of these films continue to elude the masses because the hidden secret of the matter is that these films were created and written by a Black woman…a Black woman named Sophia Stewart. But Hollywood does not want you to know this fact simply because it would change history. Also it would encourage our Black children to realize a dream and that is…nothing is impossible for them to achieve!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I told you about this years ago, Reggie.

Go find this sister she needs your help. 8)

Stewart's interview about the matter is extremely entertaining and fascinating.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
Little Richard: "I invented The Matrix... Whooooooo shuddup!"

Terminator: "Are you Sophia Stewart?"

Flex Hectic: "I wrote House Party, Boomerang and Django Unchained... Where my residual checks at?"

Carry on...

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I keep trying to stomp out this stupid story whenever it appears online.  Black folks are deeply committed to believing this story, although it makes no sense that she somehow created two franchises from two different creative teams at two different studios decades apart. 

And on top of that, Jim Cameron was successfully sued by Harlan Ellison (a real science fiction writer) for using concepts from two of his Twilight Zone episodes, SOLDIER and DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND.  There's a great little doc on the whole thing on you tube. So is Sophia saying that Harlan ripped her off when he wrote those scripts decades ago? 

Black folks are addicted to victimhood and allergic to research. 

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
These are some of the same ones that is on that Illuminati bullsh*t or some conspiracy.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

APEXABYSS

Sadly, no bueno.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/matrix.asp

Thanks M!

Sophia Stewart, The Real Creator of ‘The Matrix'?

A futuristic robotic takeover or something like that...

Metropolis,(1927) direct by Fritz Lang (& if i'm not mistaken, his wife co-wrote it). I been on it! It was the most expensive silent film ever made.
It’s all ‘Futurama’ & ’World of Tomorrow’ classified sci-fi. They have to give the visuals some credit. No?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:51:36 am by APEXABYSS »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
And on top of that, Jim Cameron was successfully sued by Harlan Ellison (a real science fiction writer) for using concepts from two of his Twilight Zone episodes, SOLDIER and DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND.  There's a great little doc on the whole thing on you tube.

This one?

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Little Richard: "I invented The Matrix... Whooooooo shuddup!"

Terminator: "Are you Sophia Stewart?"

Flex Hectic: "I wrote House Party, Boomerang and Django Unchained... Where my residual checks at?"

Carry on...

You're not even the originator of the FLEX moniker so you are disqualified off the top!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I keep trying to stomp out this stupid story whenever it appears online.  Black folks are deeply committed to believing this story, although it makes no sense that she somehow created two franchises from two different creative teams at two different studios decades apart. 

And on top of that, Jim Cameron was successfully sued by Harlan Ellison (a real science fiction writer) for using concepts from two of his Twilight Zone episodes, SOLDIER and DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND.  There's a great little doc on the whole thing on you tube. So is Sophia saying that Harlan ripped her off when he wrote those scripts decades ago? 

Black folks are addicted to victimhood and allergic to research.

Have you listened to any of her interviews?

The story she weaves there at the very least should show her abilities as a storyteller.

P.S. Ellison took that SOLDIER story from me! 8)

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
Notice how that dude from East Boogie is ignoring my factual statements!

I was dancing at a House Party and I had two girlfriends at the same time Boomeranging me back and forth and I used to torture old slave masters to pay the bills back when they called me Django!

Coincidence... I don't think so!

I aint seen nary a residual paycheck for my efforts... That's foul man you could have at least bought my groceries for me when I saw you at the store! ;D

Here's the deal...

Star Wars has elements of Wizard of Oz, the movie The Fortress and Flash Gordon... So what does George Lucas really owe those pop cultural icons as inspirations for his space opera franchise?

Everybody borrows from everybody in some way or another so how do you pick and choose correctly without it being a complete rip off?

The Terminator may have borrowed from Harlan but once it gets into the hunting down Sarah Connor part and Arnold's star quality moving the franchise to greener pastures how much can you give credit to the original idea for it becoming a mega box office hit?

Every super hero can be a pseudo copy of Superman like Batman is so where does the concept theft end for new heroes that emerge later down the line?

Sophia needs to be either more vocal or better with the vocals to make her case because not everybody is on the Warner payroll to be silenced!

Little Richard: "I invented Jefferson Sergeant... Whoooooooo shuddup!" :D

Agent Smith: "Hell-o... Mis-ter Sergeant!"

Kyle Reece: "Sarah Connor you give birth to Jefferson Sergeant in the future... Or one possible future! He then goes on to make the ultimate revolutionary recipe for country fried chicken!"

Sarah Connor: "Is it crispy or original flavor?"

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The irony is that most of the greatest writers/directors are not only honest but candid about their sources of inspiration. So all jokes aside, people like Lucas, Spielberg, Coppola, Scorcese etc. have a laundry list of sources for their projects. Tarantino as a modern example actually tells you what scenes he is referencing for his movies.

There is a corporate aspect which takes precedent in terms of the bottom line of profits, royalties, etc. but fan appreciation usually wins out. The great creators are usually the greatest fans.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
And on top of that, Jim Cameron was successfully sued by Harlan Ellison (a real science fiction writer) for using concepts from two of his Twilight Zone episodes, SOLDIER and DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND.  There's a great little doc on the whole thing on you tube.

This one?

http://youtu.be/DwyyJ3D3g1E
Thank you kind sir.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
Now if Sophia rolls up in a fully paid for Bentley and mansion home in some estate hills somewhere then I might have to believe this!

But I'll also settle for a Forbes wealthiest persons list to confirm this big payday!

If I'm wrong then... I could always use a Sugar Momma or two to spend money on me okay Sophie!