Author Topic: Sophia Stewart, The Real Creator of ‘The Matrix,’ Wins Billion Dollar Copyright  (Read 38926 times)

The_Scribe

I heard of this.  Hmmm.  I think my head is starting to clear. This quote is interesting, "In one book about the Goddess Sophia, it reads, ‘The black goddess is the mistress of web creation spun in her divine matrix.’"

Stewart won a billion dollars from references such as that?  Copyrighted works dated to the 1980s I get.  Hmmm.  The plot thickens.  I have got to get the inside word on this.  "Black goddess mistress web creation" got it.  I guess so.  The Matrix II could have hinted that to anyone.  Actually, I am sure The Oracle represents the randomization program of any interactive software.  To pick a random number from 1 to 100, I could type in a Basic language RANDOM(1..100) or some such thing.  This type of command can give the program the appearance of making a "CHOICE".  The Oracle in the Matrix is correspondingly as powerful as the Chaos entity of Marvel's comic book characters.  It is Chaos/Order that create the being known as "The All Powerful In-Betweener".  But I digress.  Hmmm.  Anyone want to gossip a little about this apparently finished story, hit me at artistryemploys@yahoo.com.  Hmmm.  I think I see the light.  Can it be?  Talk about Rip Van Winkle...Oh my God.  Hmmm. 

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
And on top of that, Jim Cameron was successfully sued by Harlan Ellison (a real science fiction writer) for using concepts from two of his Twilight Zone episodes, SOLDIER and DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND.  There's a great little doc on the whole thing on you tube.

This one?

http://youtu.be/DwyyJ3D3g1E
Thank you kind sir.

Cameron has never admitted to any of the allegations made in that documentary despite the settlement.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I heard of this.  Hmmm.  I think my head is starting to clear. This quote is interesting, "In one book about the Goddess Sophia, it reads, ‘The black goddess is the mistress of web creation spun in her divine matrix.’"

Stewart won a billion dollars from references such as that?  Copyrighted works dated to the 1980s I get.  Hmmm.  The plot thickens.  I have got to get the inside word on this.  "Black goddess mistress web creation" got it.  I guess so.  The Matrix II could have hinted that to anyone.  Actually, I am sure The Oracle represents the randomization program of any interactive software.  To pick a random number from 1 to 100, I could type in a Basic language RANDOM(1..100) or some such thing.  This type of command can give the program the appearance of making a "CHOICE".  The Oracle in the Matrix is correspondingly as powerful as the Chaos entity of Marvel's comic book characters.  It is Chaos/Order that create the being known as "The All Powerful In-Betweener".  But I digress.  Hmmm.  Anyone want to gossip a little about this apparently finished story, hit me at artistryemploys@yahoo.com.  Hmmm.  I think I see the light.  Can it be?  Talk about Rip Van Winkle...Oh my God.  Hmmm.
wow, I don't understand anything you are writing here. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
And on top of that, Jim Cameron was successfully sued by Harlan Ellison (a real science fiction writer) for using concepts from two of his Twilight Zone episodes, SOLDIER and DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND.  There's a great little doc on the whole thing on you tube.

This one?

Thank you kind sir.

Cameron has never admitted to any of the allegations made in that documentary despite the settlement.
I get that.  The point is, the Ellison case is a real, we know about the outcome.  Sophia only has her own self generated press released reprinted by dubious web sites.

The_Scribe

"Holy Rip Van Winkle" Batman. lol. Reggie, I cannot believe you could not see it in the Matrix!  Heck, Blade and The Matrix characters were sporting the same Black leather and shades.  What kind of conspiracy is this?  I don't know about Stewart.  I will have to research this case.  Someone Black has been robbed royally.  I can see the light better now in a most suspicious way.  Reggie!  Surely you can see it!  Someone, and I'll be kind for the moment, has been robbed other than Stewart.  The primary writer of the Matrix is African-American, male and obviously a fan of Marvel's Comics.  This "someone" not only wrote the Matrix but apparently might have made, dare I say, contributions to other sci-fi films and got NO royalties at all. 

Let me "Riddle you this", look at the characters and tell me if you see more Marvel versus DC or some other?  Someone has been stealing from someone and sending the material to Marvel and other companies as the work of the thief.  For now, let us salute Stewart.  She has busted backside for stealing something from her, supposedly. 

"Riddle" this scenario.  It is the early 1980s, perhaps mid 1980s.  Marvel is vey upset with the Marvel Movie making process.  The characters are not true enough to the characters and comics.  The sci-fi does not represent well.  Someone from Marvel just happens to be at a research university.  One person says something to someone else and poof, "I know a guy that the university says can write.  He is a comic book fan.  Let's see what he can do."  The guy, an African-American is found.  Someone comes up with a great way to defer costs - research an issue.  Making the project a research issue would reduce costs of the project.  Research issue:  Artistic Innovation.  Find ways to make the unreal more real.  Decades later: Marvel's The Avengers.  Before that, The Matrix, Blade etc.  For now, let us be kind to Stewar, Warner Bros and Marvel.  Someone has stolen someone else's stuff and presented to these companies as their own. 

Nice story but nonsense?  Reggie, you are about to see the light.  DO NOT close your eyes.  I'm going to the the Agomotto thing.  Open your mind to Marvel lore.  Open your intellectual mind to comparative analysis.  It will be fun.  Ready?  Here is the list:  Hovercraft, black leather and shades, Blade/Morpheus, Trinity/Calisto, Link/Linx (CAT)/Black guy/Hovercraft/Underground city and I can go on.  What would Sunspot look like if brought to life? What would Karnilla The Norn Queen look like if brought to life?  Remember when the X-men and Dr. Strange rescued Night Crawler from the Sorceress?  Where was the sorceress going to put Nightcrawler?  Remember the fancy Frenchmen in the tux in that issue?  Reggie, some other Black person has been robbed also. It is so clear now. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:06:28 am by The_Scribe »

The_Scribe

"Holy Rip Van Winkle" Batman. lol. Reggie, I cannot believe you could not see it in the Matrix!  Heck, Blade and The Matrix characters were sporting the same Black leather and shades.  What kind of conspiracy is this?  I don't know about Stewart.  I will have to research this case.  Someone Black has been robbed royally.  I can see the light better now in a most suspicious way.  Reggie!  Surely you can see it!  Someone, and I'll be kind for the moment, has been robbed other than Stewart.  The primary writer of the Matrix is African-American, male and obviously a fan of Marvel's Comics.  This "someone" not only wrote the Matrix but apparently might have made, dare I say, contributions to other sci-fi films and got NO royalties at all. 

Let me "Riddle you this", look at the characters and tell me if you see more Marvel versus DC or some other?  Someone has been stealing from someone and sending the material to Marvel and other companies as the work of the thief.  For now, let us salute Stewart.  She has busted backside for stealing something from her, supposedly. 

"Riddle" this scenario.  It is the early 1980s, perhaps mid 1980s.  Marvel is vey upset with the Marvel Movie making process.  The characters are not true enough to the characters and comics.  The sci-fi does not represent well.  Someone from Marvel just happens to be at a research university.  One person says something to someone else and poof, "I know a guy that the university says can write.  He is a comic book fan.  Let's see what he can do."  The guy, an African-American is found.  Someone comes up with a great way to defer costs - research an issue.  Making the project a research issue would reduce costs of the project.  Research issue:  Artistic Innovation.  Find ways to make the unreal more real.  Decades later: Marvel's The Avengers.  Before that, The Matrix, Blade etc.  For now, let us be kind to Stewar, Warner Bros and Marvel.  Someone has stolen someone else's stuff and presented to these companies as their own. 

Nice story but nonsense?  Reggie, you are about to see the light.  DO NOT close your eyes.  I'm going to do the the Agomotto thing.  Open your mind to Marvel lore.  Open your intellectual mind to comparative analysis.  It will be fun.  Ready?  Here is the list:  Hovercraft, black leather and shades, Blade/Morpheus, Trinity/Calisto, Link/Linx (CAT)/Black guy/Hovercraft/Underground city and I can go on.  What would Sunspot look like if brought to life? What would Karnilla The Norn Queen look like if brought to life?  Remember when the X-men and Dr. Strange rescued Night Crawler from the Sorceress?  Where was the sorceress going to put Nightcrawler?  Remember the fancy Frenchmen in the tux in that issue?  Reggie, some other Black person has been robbed also. It is so clear now.

Oooo! Let me add this.  You know a White writer did not put all those Black people in a movie without Tarzan swinging from the trees.  Who was Links girlfriend/wife in the movie The Matrix?  Black guy in a Hovercraft with an underground city with a fine Black chick as his girl?  That is why.  The actors had to be artistically correct for historical purposes in artistic innovation.  In other words, stop telling companies like Marvel that you can't find actors to fit the characters.

Oh my God, Reggie!  The woman in the red dress: "Enchanting everyone around her".  Reggie, she is even blond!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:20:50 am by The_Scribe »

The_Scribe

Found it!  Stewart is quoted as saying, "After constant rejection, she responded to an advertisement in a magazine asking readers to submit original science fiction stories to be considered for a comic book project."  A "comic book project":  I wrote the above before I just found this article that quote in it.  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4664150

They told us in childhood about the ones "speaking in a forked tongue" huh Reggie.  Stewart has her proof.  The other Black guy probably has none at all.  Hmmm.   This African-American male must have a deeply religious background also.  Hmmm.  Interesting key?  Trinity was impaled on "The logos".  Hmmm. 

Found another quote, "Sophia Stewart's press release read: 'The Matrix & Terminator movie franchises have made world history and have ultimately changed the way people view movies and how Hollywood does business,"  Again, "comic book project" and change the way Hollywood does business.  Before I wrote the above, I did not have these articles.  OH MY God.  Reggie, "sentinels" reggie, "sentinels".  Oh my God. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:59:56 am by The_Scribe »

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
She has no proof of anything.  She's making claims you want to believe because you are committed to black victimhood.

The_Scribe

I don't know anything about Stewart.  I have not read The Third Eye.  I'm sure the Terminator came first.  My point is for some other Black writer being victimized. 

Okay.  Let's put away the violins.  I won't cry in the soup.  Surely you see the Marvel comparisons.  Some other Black writer, other than Stewart, has been robbed.  Will you concede a possibility based on premie facie evidence?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Why do you keep saying a black writer has been robbed?  Based on what?  What black writers for Marvel are you talking about?  This is why I say you are committed to black victimhood. 

1.  You are comparing movie outfits like that has anything to do with story infringement. 

2.  You are assuming black Marvel characters are written by black writers.

3.  THE MATRIX is wonderful because it mashes up a wide range of influences, some of which inspired the people you think are being ripped off.  Plenty of Eastern and Western philosophical notions, etc.   The symbolism in the Bible has influenced a lot of writers. But its in the public domain. 

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

This one?

Thank you kind sir.

I get that.  The point is, the Ellison case is a real, we know about the outcome.  Sophia only has her own self generated press released reprinted by dubious web sites.

OK, but I've seen more mass media coverage of allegations of artistic theft involving a producer in Dr. Dre's camp and Lauryn Hill's MISEDUCATION with very little credence to back it up. Despite the genius presented by both artists, the allegations weren't summarily dismissed.

Why wouldn't the Wachowzki Bros and Cameron call out Stewart as a blatant liar?

You have mentioned possible infringement on HOUSE PARTY with a proposed cheap knockoff. I believe as a creator the most offensive point to you is not the financial aspect but the lack of respect for your IP.

I find it hard to believe that if there was nothing there that the Wachowzki's and Cameron wouldn't call Stewart out on principle.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Sophia is only culturally significant among a subset of black folks. Mosquito bumps like this have to be ignored.  Their lack of response is appropiate.

In the case of Lauryn Hill, she was sued and lost, correct?  She collaborated with other musicians and didn't want to give them money or credit.  Doesn't mean she isn't talented. But it does mean she had help. 

I never said anyone infringed legally on HOUSE PARTY.  They did sequels I didn't like, but the studio commisioned them. 

But none of this has anything to do with Ms. Stewart.  You admit her claim about THE TERMINATOR is nonsense..but you still seem to holding on to the idea that she's legit in some way.  But you've never read her book.  You've never even held it in her hand.  So why do you believe her? 

The_Scribe

See, I know I talk to some people with some sense.  I have no reason to believe Stewart.  I am as shocked as you that a court gave her 1 billion dollars.  I am searching for some info on the lawsuit.  On this point, I agree with you.

So, what am I saying? 

A court has agreed that infringement has taken place.  Put Stewart out of the picture for a minute.  Focus on Marvel concepts.  I will say it again, based on the entire history of Hollywood; No one put all those Black people in a movie without Tarzan swinging through the jungle.  No tarzan, no slavery, large cast of Black folks just does not happen.  Period.

I saw the article about Stewart.  Something stirred in my memory.  Before I read articles on a research project.  I got small blips of one.  NO facts in evidence.  1.  Whoever wrote the Matrix demanded on artistic integrity.  Otherwise, all those Black people would not have been in heroic roles.  2.  There are too many Marvel concepts floating in that film, along with religious and cultural themes.  If you remember, in Marvel's comic book great days, that was the mark of their books - cultural diversity.  Sorry to act like an Oracle for real but I see someone starting a project to change the way Hollywood did business culturally and for enterprise.  In the past, I see a Marvel that is not happy with the Movie making business for their characters.  In the past, I see a Marvel not wanting to pay R&D fees and come up with nothing.  Role casting is a big deal.  It has been argued on this board.  For instance, who would make a good Luke Cage?  I see a comic book project.  There are literal lines taken from Marvel's comics in the The Matrix dialogue. 

Work with me O Great One.  Your eyes will see far more than mine can.  You are a director.  The company wants more realism but not unnecessary dogmatism on the characters to the point of corniness.  "Design me an Avengers hovercraft but feel free to be creative.  Design me a Black Panther underground city but show me one that will actually work.  Design mutant hunting Sentinels but feel free to be creative."  Reggie, you are the comic book world's Black King.  Surely you see there are too many similarities.  As always, the last word is with you.  Please forget Stewart for a minute. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:46:04 pm by The_Scribe »

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The court HAS NOT given her a dime.  You keep believing her made up story.

The_Scribe

The court HAS NOT given her a dime.  You keep believing her made up story.
??? What?  Oh!  Is that why I can't find research on the lawsuit?  Okay.  "Fool me once and all that..."

Now, Marvel similarities?