Author Topic: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Hero's #8 [Spoilers]  (Read 2399 times)

Offline AlphaOmega

• View Profile
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Hero's #8 [Spoilers]
« on: April 19, 2007, 08:32:51 pm »
This release starts off with the Black Panther confronting Delroy about the gravity of his situation, only to reveal to him that he is in fact his teacher, Luke Charles. Delroy is of course stunned, but it's obvious that T'Challa revealed to him this secret to encourage the boy to stand up and take his punishment like a man. The boy shot someone, which makes you grow up quite quick, and I think this is a rather effective way for T'Challa to teach him how to deal with his sudden more 'grown-up' situation. His talk with Delroy is interrupted by an Avengers call and it turns out they're doing battle with Super-Adaptoid(Another brilliant name by Marvel). Long story short, they're getting their asses handed to them, till Black Panther shows up and surprised SA with a double dive kick right to the back. Vision has some personal issues, solves them, and beats down SA. T'Challa gets a few more appearances as the wise and knowledgeable Luke Charles, then back to the Avengers Mansion where you find out that this will be the first time there are no founding members of the Avengers on roster, and they all become happy good friends again. Happy times.

My take: I like how they're portraying our boy. Not much else to it.
A beginning and an end.

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Hero's #8 [Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:34:48 pm »
Long story short, they're getting their asses handed to them, till Black Panther shows up and surprised SA with a double dive kick right to the back.

I think this is a bit of an over-exaggeration.  Indeed its a nice PAnther moment but saying they were getting their asses handed to them before Panther arrived is a bit too much.  Vision was actually doing pretty well on the solo tip. 

I like the issue especially the scene with Delroy and with the principal at the school.

I'm still mad at last issue where he had that god awful "Kilmonger" moment.  >:(  He was getting whooped senselessly.

Reading this series makes me realize how much Priest brought to the table and how Hudlin is continuing the tradition.  Why is this brother rollin around with no gear?  He did a kick to Super Adaptoid? Wow?  Yes he has speed and agility but no gadgets?  Yes he is smart but damn. 

"I can always throw a rock."

HE is as smart if not smarter than Tony Stark yet he rolls around in pajamas that are easily ripped.  Priest turned T'Challa into a major player simply because he decided that they king of a technologically advanced country would not be fighting without technological aids.  I mean he didn't in his first appearance so why should we think he would continue that tradition?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:40:29 pm by Yaw »

Offline AlphaOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:59:23 pm »
I think I let my Black Panther fandom get the best of me for a moment there.

And I'm still waiting to see some sleeping gas from the tips of his fingers again =p
A beginning and an end.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 05:38:54 pm »
I think I let my Black Panther fandom get the best of me for a moment there.

And I'm still waiting to see some sleeping gas from the tips of his fingers again =p

Only villains use sleeping gas, lol jk
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron