Author Topic: SUPREME ILLUMINATI'S CIVIL DISCUSSION WITH LOVECRAFTY AND ANY OTHERS...  (Read 20304 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: SUPREME ILLUMINATI'S CIVIL DISCUSSION WITH LOVECRAFTY AND ANY OTHERS...
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2006, 02:41:29 pm »
I picked up the TPB of "The Bride", and issues #19-22 this morning and have finished them.  I might eventually go back and fill in the rest of the hole in my collection (#7-#13), but there was no trade for #7-9 (title?) at my LCS, and since "Bad Mutha" is about vampires (I hate vampires, I wish Marvel had left them extinct) it's not high priority (I will probably end up picking it up simply because it has both Brother Voodoo and Luke Cage, and how awesome is that?).

I'm going to write a seperate post about issue #19, which I found highly entertaining.

Whass crackin,lovecrafry? Good lookin out,dawg! I await your opinions on these issues with interest,man.And yeah,the DOOM issue with BP in the "PRIEST era" outfit was blazin blazin blazin,wasn't it? I still crack up about how STORM says to BP in #20..."you knocked him out with one blow?" And BP calmly replies:"Don't look so surprised..."

Hahaha,that's an OG for you.

I find each BP even more entertaining than the last,and I strongly strongly strongly recommend that you fill the hole in your collection,because you basically missed the whole run that would have alleviated your fears.Man,seriously...I defy you and anybody else to find a better overall introduction and characterization of LUKE CAGE than RH's LUKE CAGE in #10...and this is coming from a guy that really likes BENDIS' LUKE CAGE and would have no problem with a solo of LUKE being written by BENDIS.But realistically speaking,RH's LUKE is the best modern LUKE CAGE period point blank that's all.You'll see.I tend to go:"Oh no not another vampire story" when I see vamps too,so I understand your cynicism on that score,but know this: You'll also not regret the "Bad Mutha" arc,because the interplay of BP,LUKE,BROTHER VOODOO BLADE and PHOTON puts an entirely differrent spin on the whole thing.Plus the villains aren't wakk...they're not stupid or predictable.Their plans and personalities don't follow the typical "nefarious bloodsucker blah blah I vant to drink your blood" crapola nor do they fall into the overdone ANNE RICE mode.And they're not BLADE rip-offs.Check it out...I won't spoil it for you.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 07:24:56 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2006, 06:49:45 pm »
Love crafty, 

your missing issues are in bp/xmen  wild kingdom
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2006, 07:46:54 pm »
Love crafty, 

your missing issues are in bp/xmen  wild kingdom

Good lookin,Gooch,I liked that arc too. But yeah,TWO THE HARD WAY and BAD MUTHA were in those issues mentioned as well...least,i think so,lol.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2006, 07:59:35 pm »
Ummm...I've been thinking about the heart shaped herb...and honestly,I don't like the premise that it amps BP's physical abilities.I like EJD saying that BP is not augmented physically.Maybe it can amp his spiritual connection and make him a latent host for the PANTHER GOD at some later stage,and the ritual that he underwent pledging himself to the PANTHER GOD is the real source for his spiritual connection to that entity...but I want his senses to be the result of peak human development.Same for his speed.His people have developed methods of training that greatly amplifies the number and contraction power of quick twitch fibers as well as slow twitch fibers,for instance.His connection with other animals--especially PANTHERS--is the result of his link with the PANTHER GOD.Let's say that the heart shaped herb's fabled ability to amplify one's speed,strength,senses,reflexes,and the like is simply a legend concocted to cover its true ability--amplification of one's spiritual equilibrium that calls the attention of the PANTHER GOD.It could even amplify one's connection to mystical and natural forces,making it a horrifying weapon if somebody like BARON MORDO or DORMAMMU got their hands on it,and thus its properties are hidden.I don't want BP to even NEED a SSS.That's CAP's schtick,let that be UNIQUE TO CAP,feel me? Too many people have used rip offs of the SSS for their characters and whatnot.Enough already.BP is his own man,and Wakanda is madd unique,it doesn't need any form of copyin off of ANYONE,it LEADS in these areas.

Just sayin
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2006, 01:28:01 pm »
:D lovecrafty has nothing to hang his head about there. I went round and round with Wise Son some time back about something I've since forgotten about, but I haven't forgotten that I was made to yeild to his persistent persuasive argument  :D
Hey, no one's hanging heads, like I said, everyone's a winner! Hell, look at you - from disagreeing with me (which equals wrongness) to fan of the month! I spread love and happiness wherever I go! ;)

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2006, 08:40:09 pm »
:D lovecrafty has nothing to hang his head about there. I went round and round with Wise Son some time back about something I've since forgotten about, but I haven't forgotten that I was made to yeild to his persistent persuasive argument  :D
Hey, no one's hanging heads, like I said, everyone's a winner! Hell, look at you - from disagreeing with me (which equals wrongness) to fan of the month! I spread love and happiness wherever I go! ;)

hahaha,and that's some wisdom from Wise Son....
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2006, 09:45:49 am »
just for teh record, i never read Wild Kingdom.

i wasn't on board with the new Panther at that time.

but 3 the hard way... fan for LIFE!!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
just for teh record, i never read Wild Kingdom.

i wasn't on board with the new Panther at that time.

but 3 the hard way... fan for LIFE!!

I LOVED 3 THE HARD WAY,man.I loved the way the brothas interacted with one another.I loved it when BP did that leap up to the Wakandan vessel,a vamp grabbed his ankle,and BP didn't even look down...he knew Blade had his back and when Blade chopped vamp ole boy's hand off at the wrist,BP just tossed it over his shoulder into a receptacle without even trippin.blazin.I liked how each character was DISTINCT,ya know? LUKE didn't sound like BLADE who didn't sound like BP who didn't sound like BROTHER VOODOO. I liked how Blade and Luke kinda clashed a bit,and how neither backed down from the other,but BOTH found common ground in the name of their overall mission,and didn't punk out while doing that.Grown man stuff,folks.Rilly doe.

And FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY Brother Voodoo isn't played like some third-rate sideshow one trick punk,but a real,bonafide magic OG.ABOUT...DAMN...TIME.No,that's waaaaay waaaaay overdue.I also liked it how BOTH Brother Voodoo AND Dr. Strange sensed THE CANNIBAL at the wedding in #18.Gyeah.

Hahaha,I loved it how CAGE wasn't trying to hear BP tellin him that SHANG-CHI was considered to be iller than LUKE'S ace home slice,IRON FIST.Looooved that.Ahhh....I could go on and on...like how I loved THE FALCON's cameo in the beginning of the search for a bride thing,I think it was in #11...and I liked the ganxta bruh's suggestion to get an all-Black team.And the older sistah's response was sooo tite I was laughing out loud:"Yeah,so they can ARREST yall drug-dealin behinds!" Dawg,that sounded like my Bigmama right there,I was straight cryin laughin.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2006, 04:17:19 pm »
3 the hard way and the katrina issue it contained was one of the top comics I have ever read. It is up there with God loves Man Kills, the Hell Fire Club and Phoenix arc of the Xmen, Grendel, Power Supreme, Spider Man v/s Wolverine and the Dark Knight. Why? This book did something none of these or any other marvel book ever done for ME. That is put the heavy hitting minority heroes together on the same page, talking how I talk and in situations that are relative to ME. We got this with Mile Stone but this is Marvel. I remember reading and posting and I talked to Sam Wilson and I thought what in the hell reg got on marvel for them to let him put this out. It was that raw and cutting edge to me. It wasn't under Max or Marvel Knights or any other banner where they can run from it. They actually said we are going to let the brothers and sister have their minute and that minute is still going on 2 years in. We are all so blessed to be having this comic yall fans. Another reason I know m/f who are the opposite of me are getting so pissed off about it and if m/f can get that mad about a comic book that aint even bothering them then yep it is doing something right. ;)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2006, 04:26:43 pm »
3 the hard way and the katrina issue it contained was one of the top comics I have ever read. It is up there with God loves Man Kills, the Hell Fire Club and Phoenix arc of the Xmen, Grendel, Power Supreme, Spider Man v/s Wolverine and the Dark Knight. Why? This book did something none of these or any other marvel book ever done for ME. That is put the heavy hitting minority heroes together on the same page, talking how I talk and in situations that are relative to ME. We got this with Mile Stone but this is Marvel. I remember reading and posting and I talked to Sam Wilson and I thought what in the hell reg got on marvel for them to let him put this out. It was that raw and cutting edge to me. It wasn't under Max or Marvel Knights or any other banner where they can run from it. They actually said we are going to let the brothers and sister have their minute and that minute is still going on 2 years in. We are all so blessed to be having this comic yall fans. Another reason I know m/f who are the opposite of me are getting so pissed off about it and if m/f can get that mad about a comic book that aint even bothering them then yep it is doing something right. ;)

Those are some real,real words right there,man.I felt that issue too...it seemed like I was RIGHT THERE WITH THEM,ya know? It was almost not like I was reading the page,but HEARING THEM SPEAK AS WE WERE ALL IN THE BIG EASY TOGETHER.I know EXACTLY what you mean.I had to point out that RH really,really,REALLY got the essence of each of these brothas RIGHT.The literal VERY BEST OF EACH THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A COMIC BOOK.There was so much authentic detail,like when Blade commented that silver was a soft metal and that's why he prefers other implements against the vamps than guns per se,and how Luke said the nine was his piece back in the day,and how Brother Voodoo said something about "prayer works" and BP's talk with MONICA...man,all that was REAL.I felt every bit of it.Plus I was crackin up at Sanford and Grady,lol.And Monica' pops sayin WATCHOUTNOW! was sooo on point,lol
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2007, 07:23:31 pm »
I would like to bring this thread up in case our new people from Herochat and other locales have questions to ask...and hopefully our admin will allow such a thing.In fact,I KNOW this is allowable,as long as we remain civil and follow the rules of civility and comity.

Please start by reading RH's thread about BP HATERS.Much of your time will be saved if you do.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Jenn

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 10:06:01 pm »
lovecrafty has nothing to hang his head about there.

What about showing up popping sh*t like gangbusters, then running away like a lil bitch when he figured out that we weren't going to be his new Negro friends? Especially since he's still talking all that ying yang at Newsarama.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2007, 01:29:50 am »
lovecrafty has nothing to hang his head about there.

What about showing up popping sh*t like gangbusters, then running away like a lil bitch when he figured out that we weren't going to be his new Negro friends? Especially since he's still talking all that ying yang at Newsarama.

Judging by much of the inanity that began to typify his previously more reasonable posts,Dora,I'm not even marginally surprised by his behaviour.Did you notice how intensely personally he apparently took the disagreement and discussion he and I had pertaining to the age of European Civilization,the age of Wakanda,his contentions that Europeans "probably" invented astronomy before Wakandans/Africans,and the like? Did you note that he tried to claim that Europeans created Stonehenge,whom he claimed to be made in 8000 B.C.,but when I countered with the article detailing that the oldest known European civilization was barely older than 4800 B.C.,therefore Europeans COULDN'T'VE created Stonehenge,he continued to post more and more shrill arguments that devolved into name calling and profanity? Recall he accused BP of racism and RH of same,then I provided the definition of racism via Dictionary.com and asked him to show in RH BP how BP was racist according to the definition of the term,and he stopped making that charge without once verbally acknowledging that he was empirically proven to be incorrect? I provided evidence for RH BP as NOT being racist by citing BP#18...the whole story.His arguments about DOOM were...interesting,to say the least.

Do you have a link to his most recent ridiculousness Dora,or are you basing your conclusions upon his behaviour here and your long-standing knowledge of his behaviour on other boards? I betcha you can link us to whatever it is he was saying at whatever that board is that he posts on...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2007, 01:03:00 pm »
Why don't we leave bullsh*t stuff from other forums on the other forums?  Or limit it to links if you really feel you must.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2007, 01:45:43 pm »
Why don't we leave bullsh*t stuff from other forums on the other forums?  Or limit it to links if you really feel you must.

true dat
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: