Author Topic: UNPAID AFRICAN-AMERICAN WRITERS OF COMIC BOOK MOVIES?  (Read 5021 times)

The_Scribe

UNPAID AFRICAN-AMERICAN WRITERS OF COMIC BOOK MOVIES?
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:02 am »
COMIC BOOK PROJECT: Unknown, UNPAID, African-American, The Matrix writer?  Others have noticed these clear similarities.  Blade came first.  Blade was produced by Marvel.  If the similarities are clearly not coincidence, then a connection between a “comic book project” for Marvel’s benefit by using The Martrix seems plausible on a prima facie basis.  (Matrix and Blade (Similarities)  Using The Matrix, Marvel conditioned the Hollywood world to do their characters.  No one can say, “We can’t do The Black Panther, Prince Namor and Ant-man as they are in the comics.”

*Point 1: Larry Wachowski and Andy Wachowski both grew up on comic books. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Wachowski) *Point 2 : The next Wachowski brothers project was V for Vendetta which was based on a comic book (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=vforvendetta.htm).  *Point 3: Wachhowski Brothers considered their projects “comic book projects” and not just movie projects.  Point 4:  Paul Chadwick, a comic book writer of a character called Concrete, stated that the Wachowski Brothers contacted him to work on a “comic book project”.  This “comic book project” was in reference to Gaming (see Matrix Revolutions: Disc Two, Future Gamer).  Point 5: Joel Silver, Producer of Matrix Revolutions, stated, “It is everything that every comic book fan and comic book reader ever dreamed of”: Regarding final battle: Neo v Smith ( Matrix Revolutions: Disc Two: Revolutions Recalibrated) Prima Facie Conclusion: This pattern of naming “comic book project” and the goal of fulfilling comic fans/readers fantasies clearly shows that the first Matrix film could have begun with a “comic book project”.  My memory seems justified.   

The reference to a “comic book project”, from Disc Two: Matrix Revolutions, stuck like a “splinter in my mind”.  It seems my memory is referencing the mid-1980s (84-87?).  In my memory, I see a Marvel that is not happy with the movie making business.  The movie industry is not taking their characters seriously.  The industry even gave Captain America a plastic, see-through shield.  The movie industry wanted to treat Marvel’s characters very “comic booky” or corny.  My memory sees a Marvel that wanted to change the industry.  They didn’t want to spend money on R&D (research and development) just to get a plastic, see-through shield for Captain America.  They needed a fan to do the work not just a writer. 

In my mind, I see two African-American males.  One is the primary writer.  The other is an artist.  The primary writer even assists with the artwork for the second African-American male.

UNKNOWN WRITER’S PROFILE:  In my mind, the story writing African-American male is a very strict-interpretation Christian.  He is very familiar with and loves Greek mythology.  He is obviously heterosexual.  He likes the Romance Genre but obviously prefers Sci-Fi/Fantasy.  He is an avid Marvel Comics Fan (original 1970s-1980s).  He has mechanical design/drafting/artwork training.  He is obviously educated in computer programming.  He is a musician.  He is very used to an office environment as well as a laboratory.  Now, this is interesting.  He is not prejudiced but has an obvious comfort with his African heritage.  Therefore, he has been exposed to an integrated society all his life but did not live in one all his life.  His college must have been mixed or predominately White. 

These are the Marvel characters that my mind’s memory whispers were projected onto the screen:

1. What would a Calisto (made beautiful), from the X-men stories look like in real life - Trinity of The Matrix?
2. If I were going to design a hovercraft, underground city for the Panther and cast the Panther, did The Matrix meet expectations? Matrix Reloaded Zion Scene - Welcome Home (good quality)
3. If I were going to cast the Enchantress of Thor's story, did the "lady in red dress" fail?
4. If I didn't want to use expensive, corny looking Sentinels, did The Matrix fail?
5. If I wanted to cast Blade, did Morpheus in the first Matrix fail?
6. If I wanted to cast Storm, alongside the Black Panther, did Nona's casting fail?
7. If I wanted to cast Kanilla of Thor's stories or Selene from New Mutants with the Persephone character, did the wife of the Frenchman fail?
8.  Merovingian -The Frenchmen, based on a character first appearance in X-men Annual#4.  In that issue, Margali Szardos, creates a Dante styled Hell to put Nightcrawler in out of revenge.  According to Matrix Revolutions: Disc Two, the club is referred to as Club Hell.  Persephone is a Greek mythology character that has to spend half the year in Tartarus (Hell) with her husband Hades (hell).  Matrix Revolutions - Club Hell
9.  The Martix Revolutions character, Seraph, would make an excellent Shang Chi of Marvel Comics. The Matrix Reloaded (1/6) Movie CLIP - Seraph's Test (2003) HD   
10.  According to Matrix Revolutions: Disc Two: CG Revolution, some of the mechanical creatures are “crustacean” in their design.  The Machine City and Zion is also a good advancement for designing Atlantis for Prince Namor of Marvel Comics. 
11. You may have laughed at my “Modok/Quasimodo with an afro comment”.  However, two faces were used to make the “god machine” in Matrix Revolutions.  One was a White baby boy.  The other was an African-American male.  The stated concept was “sea urchin or porcupine” (Matrix Revolutions: Disc Two: CG Revolution).  I say the original writer satirically intended an afro. 
12.  The Oracle is a reference again to Greek mythology.  Example:  The “Train Man” is quoted as being a version of the “Ferryman” of the Greek mythological “river styx” (Matrix Revolutions: Disc Two).  My memory solidly projects the mystery function of The Oracle to be a randomization program.  This program gives the appearance of “choice”. 

Others have noticed these clear similarities.  Blade came first.  Blade was produced by Marvel.  If the similarities are clearly not coincidence, then a connection between a “comic book project” for Marvel’s benefit by using The Martrix seems plausible on a prima facie basis. 

To satisfy my curiosity, who should look at my notes?  Marvel or Warner Brothers?   

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:52:11 am by The_Scribe »

The_Scribe

Re: UNPAID AFRICAN-AMERICAN WRITERS OF COMIC BOOK MOVIES?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:59 pm »
Hmmm. No commentary? :-\

Well, I'll add to it for emphasis.  Take a look.  With the development of The Matrix technology, Marvel was able to do Iron Man, War Machine and Dr. Octopus without a doubt, just like Blade.  DJ Shellshock - Sentinels (matrix video edit)

The_Scribe

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »
hmmm. Silence = admission?  :-\

Okay.  Let me end with my favorite joke.  "Sea urchin" my foot.  The god-machine is Marvel's Quasimodo/Modok with an afro! ;) machine city. everything have begin and end.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 08:26:18 am »
I'm going to be honest: I have no idea what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:41:09 am by JLI Jesse »

The_Scribe

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 11:55:24 am »
yeah. It can be overwhelming and confusing.

I am talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8PgHiSrT0A#

There is a connection between the development of The Matrix and Marvel goal to bring their characters to the big screen.

My soul is bothered by this.  I have a short of blip of memory suggesting "a connection" existed.  Others have seen "similarities" between Marvel productions and the The Matrix. 

Do you see any?  What is your opinion  looking at the above?  See any similarities?

The_Scribe

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 08:21:57 pm »
Try an example as a warm-up.  Look my Avatar.  What character(s) in Marvel does Shaligar remind you of?

SHALIGAR
Shaligar, a human survivor of Earth's tropical zone, aspires to be a god. He's killed a half-god in combat and thus has absorbed his foe's excess energy. He must discharge this via his hands now and then, or he'll burn up. He can only do this when he's in danger. While fleeing from the half-metal lava-eater, Shaligar's energy bursts forth. He must fight the thing. However, if he kills it, then he has ten times as much energy to dissipate and so must go up against even more formidable dangers-the remaining Kurbusts and Wargi. The next step is always harder.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:27:28 pm by The_Scribe »

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 12:18:51 am »
The Matrix and Blade are ripoffs of Shaft because the main theme is standing up to the Man while wearing a bad @$$ leather jacket!

There is even a jump through a window scene...

The_Scribe

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:17 am »
lol!

The_Scribe

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:40 am »
The release dates for Blade and The Matrix are so close that development was probably very close.  Blade is simpler than The Matrix.  The Matrix development no doubt occurred first.  Both are comic book related.  There are scores of similarities not just common Hollywood stunts. 

But whatever.  8)

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »
The_Scribe come on let's go fitted for matching Shaft jackets!

We can be the long lost twins of Shaft from that sistah he was with in the movie separated at birth by the MAN only to reunite and take him down!

Let's do this!

The_Scribe

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 05:45:47 pm »
winter most def. 8)

The_Scribe

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 06:35:43 pm »
Very cautious eveyone. ;)  I think my blip of memory is correct.  Where was Marvel's movie making ability prior to The Matrix trilogy?  They were in plastic Capt. America shields and powdered green Hulks.  That's where they were.  They were reduced to old bionic man/woman stunts.  That's where they were. 

This is the brief movie history for the Wachowskis.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wachowski_brothers  People of color are not unseen in their movies but surely a grain of pepper in salt.  The Matrix trilogy is a incredible departure in casting, themes etc.  One things explains it - The "Comic Book Project".   I see development of comic character themes.  Developing The Matrix technology essentially created the technology Marvel needed to do their movies.  Wonderful.

BUT, some poor African-American male(s) did not get paid.  That is not right.  The haunting continues...

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 06:10:42 pm »
Dude. Take your meds before getting on the internet.

I'm not joking.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

The_Scribe

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »
I forgot to do this one.  The music score in The Matrix:Revolutions is credited to the CD's creators.  Here is a scene from the end of The Matrix Revolutions. Skip the commercial at the beginning and listen to the music score as Neo is being dragged off:
The Death Of Neo Scene - The Matrix Revolutions Movie (2003) - HD

Now, listen to the music in the following video.  Very religious source and style, once again.
Samuel Barber: Agnus Dei (Adagio for strings)

Here the similarities?  The Matrix Revolutions CD does not give the credit to compilations of various artists of classical music.  Necessay?  Ask the legals.  But why not? 

By the way, if you cannot give analysis of the information, your commentary should be kept to a minimum.  I have video showing that Stan and other Marvel execs did indeed observe The Matrix movie making tech to consider for use for their movies.  Why would they not?  Many have noticed the similarities.  All the references to "meds" is ridiculous.  Even without a "comic book project", which there was, Marvel would have been very interested in The Matrix movie making tech.  After listening to the musical scores, what "sayeth thou" now, red Loki.  Ha! :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:52:04 pm by The_Scribe »

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:28 pm »
The_Scribe I have to ask these questions of you...

If you had to write the copyright laws what would you put in and what would you leave out?

It seems as if by your standards the first movie ever done in english could not have a follow up movie because the english language would be copyrighted by the very release of that first english movie!

Everybody in the history of mankind has borrowed from everybody on something so how do you distinguish from what is usable and what is untouchable?

You are claiming a lot of "Borrowing" from other genres as if you have not read nor understood how copyrights actually work!

You cannot protect everything otherwise all entertainment would have ended at the first carvings on a cave wall!

Lawmakers and attorneys have looked over these laws for years now and have made many rulings in the court of law presided over by judges and sometimes juries!

If one movie used a spaceship it does not mean another movie cannot use a spaceship even if the second author was influenced by the first author who used a spaceship first!

Star Wars was influenced by Star Trek and then later the new Star Trek movies were influenced by Star Wars... Should they counter sue each other to death?

You are quite fun and entertaining though so keep this thread going for amusement's sake! ;)