Author Topic: UNPAID AFRICAN-AMERICAN WRITERS OF COMIC BOOK MOVIES?  (Read 5013 times)

The_Scribe

Re: UNPAID AFRICAN-AMERICAN WRITERS OF COMIC BOOK MOVIES?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 06:15:26 pm »
Here is the music listing.  I left this out.  Now, legally, the CD could be listing the arrangment of elements of other artists music as the arrangement of The Matrix music tehnician for reference purposes during the scoring of the music.  This new "arrangement" would be the work of the person doing the music score.  Anyone familiar with HipHop would understand.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix_Revolutions:_Music_from_the_Motion_Picture

BUT,

I would clearly list that the compilations were samples from well known artists in Classical music.  It is like claiming you wrote "Angus Dei" for The Matrix.  Any opera singer would be going like "What????"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:22:37 pm by The_Scribe »

The_Scribe

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 06:19:35 pm »
ACTUALLY,
I asked if anyone heard of a
             "COMIC BOOK PROJECT" connecting Marvel movie producers with The Matrix.

I see I will not be getting much help in that area. 

I listed these examples as examples to stir the intellectual thinking. 

I am not a lawyer. 

WELL,
       Thank You
For
       Your time.  :o

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
STAR TREK did NOT influence STAR WARS.

Get your mind right, Flex!

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 07:56:24 pm »
The_Scribe there are many influences back and forth!

You are trying to make a case that is hard to prove even if there is direct "Borrowing" from other genres!

I could wear a long black leather coat while living in a Conan The Barbarian type age swinging something that looks like a light saber and it would be up to a lawyer to prove that I stole the idea from Shaft, Conan and Star Wars respectively!

There is nothing new under the sun in life or entertainment... There is a B-movie called Alien vs Hunter that is a pseudo rip off of Aliens vs Predator but it is done so obvious and so cheesy it is not even worth the time of a lawsuit!

But you stick around here because I'm there for you through thick and thin!

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 10:54:24 pm »
AHEM Jefferson...

http://www.treknews.net/2011/12/01/treknation-review/

I see a photo and a blurb about Lucas attending a con.

What else do you have?

Frazetta and FAMOUS FUNNIES is what you want to look at.

The_Scribe

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 07:04:26 am »
Once again, see the exonneration in the facts.  Many people have commented on the connections. 

Again, why would Marvel ignore the development of movie technology that would allow them to make movies for their characters?  The factual answer is Marvel DID NOT.

I gave the research facts.  "AGNUS DEI" is recognized by everyone and anyone who is familiar with Classical Music.  Do you say there is no connection between "AGNUS DEI" and the music of The Matrix?  Once again, BAM!  This video specifically gives credit to "AGNUS DEI" and quotes that it is used in movies:  BARBER - ADAGIO FOR STRINGS - 9/11 TRIBUTE - (ALSO USED IN THE MOVIE "PLATOON") - PROMS - 2001 - VOB

Latin is not the common language anymore.  For a music arranger for a movie to ignore that fact takes the artistic value out of the credits.  Should I say, "Billy Bob, wow!  The ending soundtrack in The Matrix is awesome!  You dreamed it up in Latin?"

Once again, FIRST and LAST, has anyone heard of a "comic book project"?  Any rumors of secret Marvel/Matrix connections? 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:07:05 am by The_Scribe »

The_Scribe

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 10:33:43 am »
Back from the grave: Rumor Check

I just happened to notice this:
http://www.awn.com/news/stan-lee-matrix-creators-team-new-conan-film
I will try to watch this movie today.

Marvel did think the work on the Matrix was noteworthy for movie making purposes. 
QUESTION: Did anyone figure out that all the heroes of The Matrix that plugged in were actually mutants?  They were not sorcerers.  To manipulate the physical programming of the matrix suggested a mental ability.  Proof?  Neo (also an African name) was able to use his powers outside of the Matrix.  Mutants pursued by killer robots called Sentinels?