Author Topic: who are we? where you at?  (Read 153890 times)

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
Re: who are we? where you at?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 02:49:14 pm »
Hey Miz, what type of non-profit are you involved with?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 03:44:52 pm »
the ATL represents all over the globe!
*throws up the A*

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 04:07:07 pm »
well yall aint know the atl is where the 1st hef forum get together is going to go down. 8)

Offline mizrepresent

• View Profile
    • Write for Life
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 04:58:55 pm »
Karaszero,

It's a fitness organization, catering to kids from 4-17.  Right now we are teaching tennis in the parks and will be branching out to schools, churches and communities in ATL and surrounding areas.  J.A.M for Kids, jumping, athletics in motion seeks to encourage kids to get back into a fitness program by providing a jam session with exercise, making it lots of fun while educating about health and fitness. Our SET tennis program is our premier joint, providing tennis lessons, at a low to no-cost for underprivileged youths. Thats it in a nutshell!

Right now trying to get the schools involved as well as the churches. If you got a hook-up, let me know.

Miz

THE ATL is on FIRE! ;D

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 05:59:46 pm »
That's a beautiful thing you're doing there Miz I based in Chocolate City right now but I have thought of coming to ATL to buy a House I also believe in giving back I currently volunteer/Donate Time/money to various organizations ( Toys for Tots, S.O.M.E, and the House of Ruth, to name a few) If I can make that move Ill give you whatever help I can

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2006, 01:14:06 am »
Hey guys whatever happened to Jenn with the searing tongue???
I had been wondering about that. She was nice with the Photoshopping. Hope she returns soon, I was really glad that her and Toya came here as Storm fans and stuck around to become regular HEFFAs (Hudlin Entertainment Forum Female Afficionados). ;D

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 08:24:33 am »
Bump.  I never went so here goes:

Current Residence: Upper Marlboro, MD (DC Metro area) although I am a native of East St. Louis, IL

Vocation: Director of Information Services for a small educational management company operating a multi-site strict discipline academy in Detroit.

Education:  BSME MIT, Master's program EE UC-Berkeley

Marriage status: Married (12 years), 2 children -- daughter and son (8 and 5)

Long term Goal:  Financial independence, setting the foundation of an empire for my children

Short Term Goal:  Making a start up activity successful

Likes:  Music, sports (basketball and tennis as a participant), reading and learning, travel, France, chess

Dislikes:  Irresponsibility on the part of grown-ups, willful ignorance and other foolishness  ;)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 08:52:42 am »
Current Residence: Fairfax, VA (DC Metro area)

Vocation: Staff Assistant in the United States Senate (would rather not say for who  :o)

Education:  BA in Public Policy and Government, MPA in Government Management

Marriage status: Single

Long term Goal: Lobby for some evil corporation and make lots of money ala "Thank You for Smoking"  ;D

Short Term Goal:  Retain sanity

Dislikes:  the yankees, mondays, misinformed political arguments, the kennedys
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:55:07 am by JLI Jesse »

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 02:49:02 pm »
Current Residence: Inglewood, CA (Los Angeles Metro area)

Vocation: Systems Engineer in the aerospace industry

Education:  BS in Electrical Engineering (Michigan State University), MBA in Technical Management (University of Phoenix).

Long term Goal: Go back to working for myself and do something that I can take vacations or just hang out all day while my money works for me to make more money.

Short Term Goal:  To restrain myself from killing these fools I work for and with.

Likes:  Comics, travel, basketball, football (American), martial arts (jujitsu [Japanese], Wing Chun,etc.), house music, acid jazz, hip-hop, athletic women, seafood and you crazy m/fs on HEF. ;)

Dislikes:  Beets, spiders, self-known hypocrites, Ward Connerly, strangers who want to touch my hair and ignorant fools who don't know the time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:53:13 am by Evasive1 »

Offline Static Froggy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 02:51:05 pm »
Current Residence: THE BAY

Education:  Highschool (junior year currently)

Dislikes: Beezys

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2007, 05:18:28 pm »
Well I guess I can bump this thread.

Goat: D.D.

Age: Me and RH are the same age.. if he won't tell I won't either!! LOL

Vocation: Owner/CEO small business. Audio Video Custom Design & Installation Company. (We put the cool stuff in!)

Marital Status: Married with children (son age12, daughter age 9)

Long Term Goals: Fishing with grandchildren.

Short Term Goals: Quality time with son and daughter.

Education: Graduate, U of Texas, San Marcos, BS Chemistry, MS Geography/Environmental Sciences. (NO use whatsoever in my occupation!)

Likes:  Seafood, Comics, Computers, Video Games, Martial Arts and Guitars.   

Dislikes: Dishonest people.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 08:20:00 am »
Goat can you post some pics of some hometheaters you have done. I get the magazine custom home theater, some of the set ups are off the chain. I don't have enough room for a dedicated hometheater so what are some directions to go with? If you don't mind free advice ;)

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 08:26:09 am »
Man that Atlanta one was real nice. It got bachelor pad written all over it. Do you do wiring and hardwair installs to. I am haning picture drop out on my over the air high definition set top box that is pluged into my stereo receiver. The funny thing is is that the picture will bling out whenever a high pitched or low tone noise like an explosion or something on the show im watching. I only have two high definition inputs on my tv so I need to use my stereo receiver for video switiching. Im afraid that perhaps my receiver can't handle the inputs that I have in them. Perfect excuse to get a new receiver. :). On av forums a guy said that I might have too many components plugged into the same surge protector. I would really have to change my set up to work around this as their is only one wall outlet where my set up is located.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 11:49:18 am »
Current Residence: Atlanta, GA (yup! Another one!)

Vocation: Project Manager (Healthcare Industry)

Education:  BS in Business Administration (Information Systems), Alabama State University

Marriage status: Married with a baby girl due March 10th.

Long term Goal:  To be the best husband and father I can be.  To own my own consulting company.

Short Term Goal:  Resisting the urge to strangle my niece's boyfriend!  >:(

Likes:  Comics, football (Dallas Cowboys), movies, books, old skool R&B music, family.

Dislikes:  Thieves, liars, people who smile too much, clowns, body odor, George Bush, and the Washington Redskins.

That be me!  ;D

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 07:46:28 am »
Hey Blu, lots of possible causes for the loss of audio. One of which could very well be your surge protector. For high-end equip a Power Conditioner rather then a simple protector is a better option. But it could also be the polarity of you sub-woofer, your Receiver's output is damaged or it just can't handle the load or a number of other reasons. But I don't want to hijack this thread with a bunch of AV stuff. Shoot me an email or use the toll free number on the web site if you would like me to offer some suggestions.

p.s. I've been a member of AVS forums for  quite a while. I never really post there though. I do read up on what is discussed sometimes.

p.s.s. I deleted the other post as irrelevant to this thread. pm me if you need the web addy again..

Peace. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:12:34 pm by Goat »