Author Topic: GENRE 19 convention schedule - SDCC 2013  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
GENRE 19 convention schedule - SDCC 2013
« on: July 09, 2013, 04:36:45 pm »
CONVENTION SCHEDULE UPDATE
[/size][/color]
Here's how it stands as of today.
THURSDAY
I WILL BE HECKLING FROM THE AUDIENCE FOR THIS:
Thursday, July 18 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Insights for Independent Creators

The Antidote Trust teams up with comics/TV animation creative force Brandon Easton for 2 hours of in-depth discussions. Preceding "The Writer's Journey: Breaking into Hollywood and Comic Scriptwriting" panel, this first hour concentrates on independent comic creation-what you'll need to know for a chance at success. Here's (not too much of) a spoiler alert: you'll need to tell a good story and doing so in a fresh way. Panelists are BuyIndieComics.com and DWAP Productions creator Dale Wilson; Todd Harris, story illustrator with well over a decade of experience in film, TV, video games and print and co-founder of Genre19 (Prodigal for Ape Entertainment, Journeymen for Dark Horse); Dani Dixon, entrepreneur/creator of Tumble Creek Press; Larry Welch, former senior art editor at Malibu Comics and currently freelance comic book inker for Marvel and Black Inc! Imprints; Andre Owens, Force Galaxia creator and founder of Hiro Unlimited entertainment enterprise; and TV and film story illustrator, comics creator, and winner of the inaugural "Glyph" Rising Star Award Robert Roach. DeWayne Copeland, co-creator and producer of the indie superhero web-series CV Nation, moderates.

Room 9

AND ON THE STAGE TO BE HECKLED FOR THIS

Thursday, July 18 2:00pm - 3:00pm

The Writer's Journey: Breaking into Hollywood and Comic Scriptwriting

As we move from the Insight to Indies panel, we'll address the question every aspiring writer wants answered: "How do I break into the business?" If you are an unpublished writer with dreams of making it in the transmedia marketplace and you don't know how or where to begin, this is the panel for you. Hollywood screenwriters and graphic novel producers Brandon M. Easton (ThunderCats (2011), Transformers: Rescue Bots), Geoffrey Thorne (TNT's Leverage, Ben 10), Jonathan Callan (Ben 10, Generator Rex), veteran screenwriter Tony Puryear (the Schwarzenegger film Eraser), and actress/writer Erika Alexander (Maxine Shaw from Living Single and Concrete Park graphic novel from Dark Horse) share insider information, publishing secrets, and the professional realities on how to develop your ideas into a viable comics proposal. Topics include how to hire artists and build a strong contract, how to seek out a publisher, and how to navigate the tough new world of intellectual property management in the digital frontier.

ROOM 9 (again)

THEN Todd Harris and I will be in attendance (probably on stage) HERE:

5:30pm - 6:30pm

Mark Waid's Thrillbent Tutorial
In the last year, Thrillbent.com has been a leading innovator in digital comics. Mark Waid (Daredevil, Superman: Birthright, Insufferable), James Tynion IV (Batman, The Eighth Seal), John Rogers (Leverage, Dungeons and Dragons, Arcanum), Nicholas Rucka (Kitchen Death Match), Christina Blanch and Troy Peteri (The Damnation of Charlie Wormwood), and Lori Matsumoto (Thrillbent general manager) join other Thrillbent talent for an in-depth tutorial on how to write, draw, and color for the Thrillbent format in an hour-long "how-to" with Q&A.

ROOM 8

ON FRIDAY

Todd Harris and I will be signing at the DARK HORSE BOOTH for our comic JOURNEYMEN which appeared, not coincidentally, in DHP this year. Come on down!

5PM at the DARK HORSE BOOTH

SATURDAY

‎#LIONFORGE Panel at Comic-Con San Diego:

6:30 to 7:30

Lion Forge Comics Fall Lineup: Knight Rider, AirWolf, Saved by the Bell, Punky Brewster, Miami Vice, and more!
Some of your all-time favorite TV shows from the '80s are coming to comics with Lion Forge! Joining the event will be creators Joe Philips (Doctor Who), Rick Burchett (Lady Saber), Carl Reed (Lion Forge), Lorenzo Lizana (Lion Forge), Brandon Easton (Thundercats), Joelle Sellner (Jackie Chan Adventures), Geoff Thorne (Leverage), Jonathan London (Geekscape), Shannon Denton (DC/WildStorm), Flex Alexander (Snakes on a Plane), David Gorden (Bulletproof Knights), and some surprise guests.

Room 26AB

And that's where we are as of today.[/size][/font]
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.