Author Topic: Fruitvale Station  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Fruitvale Station
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »
I applaud you Emporerjones for a very poignant commentary. Much respect for that. I like you support the black film industry. When I want to laugh it is Tyler Perry. When I want a hero it is Hudlin and them. When I want real life hollywood style it is a movie like Red Tails. But a movie that tells the world exactly what it is to be black? It is a very stark, look in the mirror truth that is portrayed( not often seen) that I love. The truth hurts.....As a mother, grandmother of all boys, yes the truth hurts in a real world way. But hey, as we (black folks) have done for years. We teach from these experiences and move on, adapting and surviving. I am also an activist, who works with POC to stop profiling, killing and unjustified police brutality, school to prison incarceration, and fully support an autonomous community. So films like this yes, I will support most definitely.

Thanks. I'm not going to sugar coat it and tell you that there weren't some trying scenes in the film. And as I hinted at before I felt this pervading sense of doom that just increased as New Year's approached. But you know sometimes the purpose of art is to make us feel uncomfortable, to touch our emotions, to make us question but also to acknowledge and embrace our reality, to show us our fears.