Author Topic: China Safari: on the Trail of Beijing's Expansion in Africa  (Read 1227 times)

Offline ravenmoore

• View Profile
    • Books By Raven
China Safari: on the Trail of Beijing's Expansion in Africa
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:57:55 am »

This is a great book to read to get a better understanding of re-development in African countries and how the Chinese are exploiting African resources but also providing things like schools, roads, and other types of infrastructure. You will read this book and definitely understand why Africa is the richest continent on earth. We need Africa. They don't need us.
Sincerely,
Raven Moore
Books By Raven
Nonfiction Travel Writer & Multilingual Translator
JLPT & ALTA Certified (for JPN, FRN, SPN, & PORT)
http://www.booksbyraven.com

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: China Safari: on the Trail of Beijing's Expansion in Africa
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 09:53:56 am »
greetings, Raven.  Tell us more about the book.  What countries have the biggest Chinese presence (in terms of the number of Chinese-based firms operating within their boundaries)?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:55:47 am »
Can it be called exploiting African resources when African countries and businesses are willfully doing business with the Chinese? This is not a colonialism scenario. Africa is not a victim in this.
"Happiness is dancing when the drumming is good."

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 01:14:28 pm »
I remember being invited (Through my wife who is South African) to a convention in Chicago hosted by many African dignitaries.

Jesse Jackson was also to speak there but we left early because my friend John K. (Ren and Stimpy beyotches) was in town doing an animation showing.

I remember speaker after speaker commenting on the Chinese investments/invasions and going hard on that topic... I mean hard!

The conflict seemed to be around the intentions of China and whether Africans should take the initiative themselves.

I always felt that Africa should have multiple super powers on the continent similar to Wakanda that had major influence on the various regions that did not have to compromise to outsiders.

At some point when I am rich and famous I expect to be a keynote speaker and then the international drama will start.

President Obama: "Uh FLEX... Come holla at me a second!"

Flex Hectic: "C'mon Big Prezzy you know I was just playing right!"

President Obama: "Your suggestions will destabilize whole regions at a time! Gimme your passport... I'll just hold onto this for a good minute until you settle down there!"

Flex Hectic: "Why you blocking Barry... Let a player play!"

President Obama: "You will also need to turn that costume over to the State Department!"

Flex Hectic: "Not my Black Panther feet pajamas! It's only a ceremonious suit it don't mean nothing!"

President Obama: "You wanna unzip the onsie or should I have the Secret Service do it for you!"

Flex Hectic: "Let me at least keep the cape and the bright panther medallion bling!"

President Obama: "You can keep the Kimoyo Card and that's it!"

(Shuri Text: Where U at Big Daddy?)

President Obama: "Who is that text from? Gimme the Kimoyo Card!"

Flex Hectic: "DAYUM!!!"