Author Topic: Guess the Poster or Poser  (Read 8917 times)

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
Re: Guess the Poster or Poser
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 08:28:02 am »
what if she would have said yes?
would she have blue contacts?

Probably, but I have to admit we as fans assume a lot. Just because we collectively think she would have been perfect for it doesn't mean she herself would even consider it. This goes for any actor/actress fans "cast" in a movie. Just throwing money at them isn't always a guarantee they'd do it, or even if the studio would feel they're worth throwing gobs of money at it at all.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Jenn

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 12:35:01 pm »
I can only guess since I don't know their minds or thought process, but it seems to me they've been pretending Storm is something she's not to enjoy her all this time. If you mention she's black they'll quickly bring up her other features as a way of saying "Yeah, but not really." Or my favorite, how she's an amalgam of ALL races.  ::)

Or MY favorite, "Why do you have to play the race card?" How dare we bring up that Storm is black!

sooo... do u think this is why Halle became STORM and not Angela Bassett?
I mean... Angela is a lil' more Sista girl than halle is.

Halle being cast was an insult to black women everywhere, further letting me know how invisible we are to Hollywood. But Angela is only 5'4".
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:37:18 pm by Jenn »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 12:46:02 pm »
she's only 5'4?
dayam... she's so darn sexy.

ooooooooh weeeeeeeee!!

is halle taller than 5'4?
Wait... Angela and toni braxton are the same height?

8)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 12:46:48 pm »
Angela Bassett's height could have been worked out...after all Hugh Jackman technically is too tall to be Wolverine and John Byrne, the defining artist who pushed way back in the day to make him as popular as he is now even said, "Jackman is too good looking to play Logan...almost too pretty."  LOL ...he also thought Berry was great as Storm so maybe we shouldn't listen to him!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 01:05:13 pm by stanleyballard »

Jenn

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 12:56:25 pm »
Halle is 5'6" or 5'7", and she LOOKED like a scrawny, short thing. Angela, for all her foxy fineness, would have looked MORE scrawny and short. But she still would've been ideal.

Offline PantherNotCarolina

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 04:07:17 pm »
Why all this? Why take Storm away from a place where she led her own team(s), and on more than one occasion, the whole X-Family and dump her in a setup that despite repeated decades spanning efforts has remained (and will remain) a niche corner of the MU?

Simple answer.  Storm could do more for her people with BP than she can with the X-Men!  I'm guessing just because she's married to BP, she's now been barred from ever becoming an X-Man again?  Like mutants such as Wolverine and Gambit, have never left the team do their own thing!  Be serious.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 07:53:19 pm »
Actually, Claremont wrote her as leaving tactfully as opposed to sharing leadership with Cyclops and The White Queen...she also requested her team but when the fallout from the HOM hit they needed more mutants to stick together (their #s had dwindled signifigantly)....and Cyclops as Co-Headmaster (position granted by Xavier) overrode her request.  It's complicated.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 06:22:36 am »
To bring the thread back to the center and to answerer toya's question, the reason for the post is that I found it to be sort of questionable ethically to be an on line writer and you sort of create the news by posting in a forum or thread and you rip arguments or talking points directly from other posters. I have never taken a journalism class thats why I asked jenn who is what is up with ol boy. Thats like starting a fire and then reporting on the fire you just started. Better yet reporting on a fire that someone else started and making it appear that you thought out the whole plan yourself. The talking points are directly from newsarama and cbr. So basically I can just write a summary of the threads here and get hired on at silverbullet or cbr? Shabby. Give us something to consider that we have not already heard before. Be original thought provoking, don't be a fan when you should give some type of objectivity.