Author Topic: 20 Things Boys Can Do to Become Men  (Read 11239 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Things Boys Can Do to Become Men
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 07:08:53 pm »
Hmmm, "Texas institutions do not offer a degree in education"

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Before you try to engage in any debate with me it would be wise to improve your intellect.

Not only are you out of your mind, you are out of your weight class.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
Stephenetta, when you listed your "Credentials" were you trying to impress me?

Again with this talk about your mother. She's not here to defend herself. And where did I list my credentials? I don't have any.

You've been here, through many aliases and incarnations pretty much from the beginning.

Great. You're a bigot AND a liar. I changed my name one time - to Dora Milaje - and I told everyone in advance. Then I switched it back to Jenn. You are a liar. Plain and simple.

I sincerely believe you have some form of mental illness at this point.

Of course I do. I'm talking to you, aren't I? Ah, well. Let's change that. Taking you off ignore was a huge mistake, because you're still the same sick human being that you've always been. I can respect random dipsh*ts, and even mother f*ckers like you. But when your sickness and your hatred spreads to children that you work with? That, I can't joke about. I can't make fun of that. You are affecting actual children, jefferson, and that makes you a disgusting person who is not fit to be a part of this thing of ours.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 07:12:56 pm »
Hmmm, "Texas institutions do not offer a degree in education"

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

A BACHELOR'S, you stupid f*ck. My associates degree is in education, and my Master's will be in education. BTW, what's your degree in? Did you make one up yet?

Oh, and my bachelor's? University Studies, the closest thing we get to an BA in education. Some schools call it Multidisciplinary Studies, some call it Interdisciplinary Studies, and some call it University Studies. Did you not see the jade and violet cords around my neck, making me a member of Kappa Delta Pi? If you were a REAL teacher, you would've noticed that right off. Exposing your hand a little too quickly.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:23:36 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »
Let the record show that the mere mention of the name Flex proves that I may not officially be on IGNORE as otherwise previously stated... ;)

Now let me one up some people here...

I do not have a degree because I went to art school for a minute and although I am not at Master Artist Mshindo level yet I am becoming one the best Zbrush digital sculptors on this planet earth! (Church)

However, I did work with a program called It's Time For Kids that focused on kids inside of probation camps like the one based on the true story in the movie The Gridiron Gang starring The Rock (Did that camp three times BTW)!

And by comparison the gangs out here in Los Angeles are far more famous than the ones in other parts of the U.S. which means I could have been shanked by kids already tattoo teared eye up with street cred never in question but I held my own... I'll probably do prison ministry in the near future as I build my rep up a bit later!

AND... Since my son is an honor student of both African American and African descent I can claim to be an international educator by default! 8)

I can't wait for Reggie to recruit him for Harvard... (Sits by phone patiently) :)

SEE... Flex Hectic is all about the children!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 07:41:08 pm »
After a brief review of Texas standards I've discovered the following.

I can take my degree from Popeye's at Downtown Brooklyn and become an accredited professor in Texas!

Your state's level of academic performance is abysmal on every level. And that includes the requisite fraud, obfuscation and blatant corruption that is a hallmark of Texas.

You are really flailing badly.

I've posted about my background and issues in education since the inception of this forum in 2006. A random search of this section alone corrobarates that. I guess when those voices in your head call, you must obey.

I'll close with this.

I work at Le Chicken Shack. I created this account in 2006 with scores of postings critiquing education policy and relating my own personal anecdotes in teaching as an elaborate lie! You see it was the ultimate long con. I did all of this to impress Shaw with the goal being... uh.. hmmm, I don't know what the goal would be as I have nothing to gain! 8)

Be blessed, Shaw.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 07:57:14 pm »
After a brief review of Texas standards I've discovered the following.

I can take my degree from Popeye's at Downtown Brooklyn and become an accredited professor in Texas!

Your state's level of academic performance is abysmal on every level. And that includes the requisite fraud, obfuscation and blatant corruption that is a hallmark of Texas.

You are really flailing badly.

No dice, jefferson. You exposed yourself. There is absolutely, positively no way in hell any legitimate teacher does not know the KDP colors, no matter what they majored in. If you were as smart as you claim you are, then you also would've been KDP in undergrad. It's the ultimate goal for every education student, undergrad OR grad. This means either your degree is not in education, you scraped out by the skin of your teeth, you're just plain lying.

Furthermore, I have checked the requirement for the state of New York, and - surprise, surprise - there is no requirement for a degree in education, no more then there is in Texas or anywhere else in the country. All that is required is a bachelor's degree. From there, you either go through alternate certification - which is what it sound like you did - or you go through a university-based certification program, as I'm doing. Either way, you must be certified in your state and in your subject(s). You have to take the tests and you have to know your sh*t. You would know this if you were legit. Nice try, jeffy.

BTW, how many times are you going to dodge my simple question? What is your degree in? If someone asked me, I could say immediately that I earned my AAT in Special Education at Eastfield College, then earned my Bachelors of Arts in University Studies at Texas Tech. Just like that. Funny how you won't answer this. Don't NY teacher require bachelors degrees? You obviously have one...or not.

You might have been a mentor. You might have been a para. You might have been a tutor. Sh*t, you might have actually taught some classes. But a teacher, you ain't. Period. And because of that, we really have nothing to discuss.

Night, dude. Thanks for making me feel a lot better. And feel free to get the last word, because I'm done talking to you.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:04:42 pm by Maxine Shaw »

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 07:58:56 pm »

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »
Oh, one last thing, just in case anyone is wondering:

You do not need a specific degree to become a teacher. You definitely do not need to get a teaching degree from a 4-year college. There are benefits to doing so, but it is not a requirement in any state.

So yeah, you can take a bachelor's degree in Chicken Frying and pursue teacher certification anywhere in the United States. Not just Texas. Real teachers know that. Only fake-ass intarweb teachers try to suggest that not having an education degree makes one subpar...which doesn't even apply to me because my AAT is in Special Education.

Grand opening, grand closing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:15:22 pm by Maxine Shaw »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 08:19:05 pm »
Why. Would. I. Know. Anything. About. Your. PIC?

I don't care and never have!

But you see the colors. And everyone knows the colors. Did you see the colors?

I have a Bachelor's in Political Science.

I have a Bachelor's in Philosophy.

I earned both from Brooklyn College.

This has been mentioned since, wait for it, 2006!

No colors. No "Black Greeks" HA! 8)

"All educators know KDP"

Are you serious? !@#$ KDP!

Man I thank you for the laughter you have provided tonight( Yes, I left myself open for some comeback with that one)

The point of the education degree is that your state is trash when it comes to education at all levels. Even with my poultry arts degree I would've been able to decipher that.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 08:22:23 pm »
YOU are pulling the "Real" Teachers card?

From Texas!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

* Cue the TAKEOVER beat*

Man, you must really be in some epic manic phase tonight.

;D

P.S. Did she really just post "Real teachers"?

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 07:22:34 am »
So why is having a degree a prerequisite for having an opinion? Can we get back to arguing about whatever it was in the first place?

Not enough Kareems in the black community. Waaaaaay too many Steve Harveys and Bill Cosbys. The only nitpick I have is #10, as we have plenty of LGBT children. The same advice can be used in same-sex relationships, but it would have been nice for Kareem to have said so.

So three pages later over a "nitpick" that "would have been nice" after praise for KAJ. Really? Never mind.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 07:46:25 am »
This ones for Curtis... ;D

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:19 am »
So why is having a degree a prerequisite for having an opinion? Can we get back to arguing about whatever it was in the first place?

It's not. But if you're going to claim to be a certified teacher, you better damn well know the prerequisites to being a certified teacher, and - as jefferson had to admit himself - having a degree in education is not one of them. Not in Texas, not in New York, not in a box, not on a fox. Even the greenest pre-service teacher at the University of Hootie Mack knows that.

Now, I could mock him for being an "alt-cert" teacher (this would be if I believed he was a teacher to begin with), but I've never believed that having university-based certification is better than being alt-cert. In fact, I don't believe it takes four years of education to become a teacher. Nor do I believe that a Master's should be required to teach. It's a blatant money grab that wastes everybody's time. I'm merely pointing out that if you're going to make fun of me for not having a degree in education

1) Make sure that's actually true;
2) Have a degree in education yourself, or
3) Make sure your own teacher certification doesn't come from the Sears School of Teaching and Tire Repair.

(Okay, that was mean.)

So three pages later over a "nitpick" that "would have been nice" after praise for KAJ. Really? Never mind.

Basically. Such a shame when somebody lets their hatred and bias get in the way of something good, especially when it's something good that a black man has done. (Not that it means more, just that black men get a bad wrap in the media.) Derailing is such a cheap tactic. So is gaslighting. When all else fails, try to woman the person who has exposed you as crazy. (It's almost always a woman.) Yes, I'm crude. Yes, I'm crazy. That doesn't make jefferson any less of a fraud.

*Kanye shrug*
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:06:15 am by Maxine Shaw »

APEXABYSS

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:51 am »
Young boys & girls need a “Rights of Passage” program.

KAJ (#9. Mind your manners)
In ancient Africa, the youth were required to complete certain essential tasks & duties to show their transition form childhood to adulthood. Many of the tasks included moral or ethical social practices. How many schools have classes on moral values?

The public school system is a failure but that does not mean teachers are failures. They’re just supporting a failing system. They don’t call colleges/ universities “higher learning” for nothin’!

Why not teach outside the state/federal regulated curriculum? That’s what I thought!

“F!@#$%k School”--  K.R.S. 1 ( Knowledge Reigns Supreme)

KAJ (#10. Be patient in love)
Maxine Shaw
Gay-students? Sex-Ed should cover all aspects of sexuality & interpersonal relationships. What? No Sex-Ed courses? I still believe there are more pressing issues besides pre-teen/teen sexual identity.  If a young person isn’t old enough or mature enough to (drive a car or) operate a vehicle safely, then how can they safely manage all the complexities within a relationship?

KAJ (#8. Be politically aware)
This should apply to the pubescent black community. They’re just supporting a failing system.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:10:53 am by APEXABYSS »

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 11:27:13 am »
BAH... You don't need no stinking degrees all you need is a personal trainer certification and your life is all set!

With just one personal trainer certification you can live in the Los Angeles area and train celebrities while living in a home with a 30 something by 20 something size swimming pool with palm trees that you hand planted yourself!

Other perks include running into Academy Award nominees like Mr. Hudlin at the grocery store while they shoplifting even though they have a degree from esteemed institutions like Harvard of all places... Shame on you Reggie put those Honeynut Cheerios and Campbell Soup cans back in their proper aisles you are a black super hero represent properly! ;D

Of my five siblings I'm the only one without a degree living as close to my dreams as possible while they get set up for the winter hibernation back east... Except for my brother who lives out here at Warner/DC's expense!

Living La Vida Loca is all that matters in the long run don't let em phool ya!

Now for the kiddeez all they need is love and respect and a little academic push every now and then and Black Panther comics stashed in the duffle bag to remind them on a subatomic molecular level how BOSS they can be even if only on an imaginary level!

Malcolm X read (And wrote) the dictionary in prison and accomplished more than the very educated people he bodied in debates every time they brought their high end letters to the pulpit!

Look mom no degree...