Author Topic: FRANK/RENZO REMATCH,K-1 MAX,GREEN POWER RANGER DOES MMA!!  (Read 14793 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
FRANK/RENZO REMATCH,K-1 MAX,GREEN POWER RANGER DOES MMA!!
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:18:37 pm »
Drop all ya martial arts stuff in here for us MMA and martial arts enthusiasts,aight? I'm starting it with TITO AND CHUCK II...

It's going down DEC. 30,and it will be good.I told everyone AFTER Tito got knocked out by CHUCK that actually TITO showed the more well-rounded mix of punches and kicks...especially low kicks.If Tito comes out with head movement,footwork,low kicks and hand combos...and closing quickly for UPPER BODY TIE UPS which he would have to work with strikes,then I think Tito would do well.Remember,CHUCK knocked TITO only AFTER Chuck THUMBED Tito...just like he would thumb Randy.If Tito worked the inside low kicks with hands,keeps his head and feet moving away from Chuck's deadly looping right hand,keeps his hands up to block Chuck's strong high kicks and Chuck's strong back kick to the body,then works the body kicks against Chuck (like Vernon White did,who was doing well against Chuck in a losing effort until he,too,was thumbed in the eye--or was it FISTED in the eye? lol) and shoots off of the low kick and off of the push kick to back Chuck up and counter the looping right,then we have a fight.The main key here is to push Chuck from round 1 onward and to basically fire combos off the low kick and push kick,and move or tie up and fire combos off the tie up.Move,low kick,combos (hands and/or feet) and move again,or move,low kick,shoot,upper body tie up,knees and takedowns,fire combos and move again.That's the way to do it,with forward pressure to back Chuck up.This will be very hard for Tito,and he needs to be trained by K-1 guys to effectively be much more of a threat to Chuck.If i were him,I would have trained for this one fight for about 6 months,dedicating about half of my training time against Shamrock in fights Tito-Ken II and III to working extensive standup with the famed Dutch kickboxing crew in Holland that produced Hoost,Aerts,et.al (the Meijiro Gym,I think they are called) and worked my Greco with the US OLYMPIC guys.Seriously,no joke.I would have spent about 30K in training alone,because I would do everything I could to seriously threaten and overtake Chuck.Seriously.Especially with Vanderlei Silva on deck and ready to crush everyone since the UFC went around and bought up the contracts of people like him and from the WFC got people like Rampage,ya know?

Btw,I would looooove to see Rampage and Silva just ravage the UFC guys,really and truly.And I want to see Arlovski come back and rematch Sylva,or cut weight and knock out Chuck,then face Rampage and Vanderlei.

I love Yves Edwards.I wanna see him take a contract with Showtime,along with Frank Shamrock and others.I want to see the Ultimate Fighters get paid what they're worth.I wanna see more Dave Terrel.After he bombed out Matt Lindland,we haven't heard much of anything from him.Where is he?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:01:37 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: TITO V CHUCK II
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 05:20:43 pm »
supreme brother, we both know the best laid plains, once foot steps in ring, can all go to sh*t on any given day.

That being said, Tito best be training with Rampage right know, and have a clear goddamn head and an iron will come fight night.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 05:31:56 pm »
Fo sho,Sam...I still think Chuck has the edge because I don't think that Tito has done ENOUGH of what I said he SHOULD do. I see him giving a good go of it,though...getting to about the 3rd round.If he can push CHUCK farther than Round 3,though...we'll have something on our hands.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Jenn

Re: MIXED MARTIAL ARTS THREAD: TITO V CHUCK II
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 06:54:52 pm »
I like them both, and I'm rather indifferent to this match. I'm not excited about it at all. I'll catch it if I can, but it's not like it's a "must-see".

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 07:00:47 pm »
I like them both, and I'm rather indifferent to this match. I'm not excited about it at all. I'll catch it if I can, but it's not like it's a "must-see".

It's a must see for me,and I really wanna see Vanderlei and Rampage rip these guys before they throw with each other.I wouldn't be surprised to see Arlovsky drop down to this division...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 07:16:54 pm »
Fo sho,Sam...I still think Chuck has the edge because I don't think that Tito has done ENOUGH of what I said he SHOULD do. I see him giving a good go of it,though...getting to about the 3rd round.If he can push CHUCK farther than Round 3,though...we'll have something on our hands.

Chuck is the better fighter, but tito has youth and fitness on his side.  Personally, I have no feelings either way, I repsect both individuals.  Hopefully this will be an exciting fight.  I will say though, Tito should know goddamn well standing and trading with Chuck is a sure fire way to get beaten a second time, Tito should force Chuck to play his game and Chuck should be ready for that.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 01:06:32 pm »

Chuck is the better fighter, but tito has youth and fitness on his side.  Personally, I have no feelings either way, I repsect both individuals.  Hopefully this will be an exciting fight.  I will say though, Tito should know goddamn well standing and trading with Chuck is a sure fire way to get beaten a second time, Tito should force Chuck to play his game and Chuck should be ready for that.

Well,the fight's going down tonight,and I still say that TITO showed a more well rounded game than CHUCK did in their first fight.If CHUCK didn't thumb TITO,this would've been different.I'm not saying that TITO would've won their FIRST fight,but it surely wouldn't've ended in the second round.Furthermore,RAMPAGE--TITO'S friend and (ex?)-teammate---handily hammered CHUCK in their PRIDE fight,and TITO could be planning to use the CRAZY MONKEY defense that so effectively thwarted CHUCK before.Recall that VERNON WHITE was giving CHUCK problems too,and VERNON doesn't have the training partners,the money OR the training time that these guys do. VERNON isn't as strong either,but he managed to ding CHUCK several times in their fight,until CHUCK took him out with a punch directly to or near (don't recall which) his open eye...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

GrimSkill

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 09:09:09 pm »

Well,the fight's going down tonight,and I still say that TITO showed a more well rounded game than CHUCK did in their first fight.If CHUCK didn't thumb TITO,this would've been different.I'm not saying that TITO would've won their FIRST fight,but it surely wouldn't've ended in the second round.Furthermore,RAMPAGE--TITO'S friend and (ex?)-teammate---handily hammered CHUCK in their PRIDE fight,and TITO could be planning to use the CRAZY MONKEY defense that so effectively thwarted CHUCK before.Recall that VERNON WHITE was giving CHUCK problems too,and VERNON doesn't have the training partners,the money OR the training time that these guys do. VERNON isn't as strong either,but he managed to ding CHUCK several times in their fight,until CHUCK took him out with a punch directly to or near (don't recall which) his open eye...

sooooo....what your saying is when Chuck has a Problem with some one....He Just Pokes them in the eye?  ;D ;D :D :D ;)

Jenn

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 09:47:47 pm »
Close call. Tito fought much better this time...but the road to champion begins and ends with Chuck Liddell.

What was up with Griffin tonight? He acted kinda...well, bitchy.

Is Jardine in the same camp as Rashad Evans? I'd like to see them have a rematch. I honestly thing Jardine was going to kill Evans - he looks like the kind who has bodies in his backyard - but Evans took him. They're both much better than they used to be. A rematch would be nice.

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 10:03:10 pm »
Close call. Tito fought much better this time...but the road to champion begins and ends with Chuck Liddell.

What was up with Griffin tonight? He acted kinda...well, bitchy.

Is Jardine in the same camp as Rashad Evans? I'd like to see them have a rematch. I honestly thing Jardine was going to kill Evans - he looks like the kind who has bodies in his backyard - but Evans took him. They're both much better than they used to be. A rematch would be nice.

Jardine fights out of Diego Sanchez's camp in New MExico.  Griffen was handed a tough loss (but fair) and his rise was set back quite a few steps, enough for anyone to loose composure.  Tito fought better, yes, but not smarter.

Proud of my boy Bispig.  Love that guy.  Rampage looked like he wanted to fight Chuck right then and there...  ;D

Jenn

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 10:43:41 pm »
What do you think of Sanchez, Sam? You think he's ready for a title shot?

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 04:58:47 am »
What do you think of Sanchez, Sam? You think he's ready for a title shot?

he's in GSP's division? 

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 12:47:11 pm »
Sup MA-Hef's!

I figured all the Martial Artist here at HEF would gather in a corner sooner or later.  :)

Yep, I won $40 betting on Chucky. (he just looked to be more ready for the fight then Tito)

"Daniel-san! Daniel-san! It okay lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"

"Better to be a tiger for a day than a sheep for a lifetime."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 04:23:21 pm »

sooooo....what your saying is when Chuck has a Problem with some one....He Just Pokes them in the eye?  ;D ;D :D :D ;)

nah,but he HAS poked both RANDY and TITO in the eye on at least one occassion each,and this lead directly to the KO.Now,I'm not taking anything from Chuck in regards to his power,nor the fact that it takes one helluva warrior to get in there and face--much less KNOCK OUT--both TITO and RANDY every time they stepped in the ring with him.Even though I thought that the stoppage at UFC 66 was premature,I thought that the cut over TITO's eye would eventually cause a stoppage of the fight.Tito would have made it through that round,if Mazagatti hadn't stopped it...but the ref is SUPPOSED to err on the side of caution,so I can't get mad at him.Wait...Mazagatti DID ref that fight,right? Or was it McCarthy?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 01:34:23 pm »
I told ya to bet on Chucky..

I think he can defeat Rampage as well,.......... although I wouldn’t put any money on that one!