Author Topic: FRANK/RENZO REMATCH,K-1 MAX,GREEN POWER RANGER DOES MMA!!  (Read 14817 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
FRANK/RENZO REMATCH,K-1 MAX,GREEN POWER RANGER DOES MMA!!
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2007, 07:45:14 pm »
fu#@.  Hate hearing that sh$#.  Supreme is right, Royce's entire legend status now comes into question.

It's obvious that Royce resorted to stereoids in the latter portion of his career,in the wake of the beatdown that he got from Matt Hughes.Now he was going to face Saku who--when healthy--is clearly a superior threat and already broke Royce down once before? yeah,he made a mistake..a bad one.Understandable,bad...and probably forgiveable.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:59:51 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
Re: MMA:ROYCE GRACIE TESTS POSITIVE FOR STEREOIDS
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2007, 08:46:11 pm »
Dayam!! I didn't even hear about this. till now.!! Man I should  know better! IF I want to keep up with the latest MMA news then the best place to go is HEF and get SI's reports!!! LOL

Tks Supreme, since I stop competing (and got old! LOL) I'm just not up on the insider news within the MA community..  Props to you bro, since you seem to be in the know and take the time to post and fill a dogg in on the info.

As for Mr. Gracie.. this is truly sad to hear.. The guy was already a legend he really didn't have to prove anything more. Sometimes you just need to face the fact that you get older and being the best is a temporary condition. Losing in itself does not evoke dishonor, it is far better to be defeated yet retain your dignity and honor then to be victorious by dishonorable means. A man like Royce Gracie knows this, it is both surprising and dis hearting that he failed to follow a honorable path. I know he is only human but I still find it very disappointing.   

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 09:56:52 pm »
No doubt,dawg,anytime I can help us MA'ers keep up with our sport/passion/lifestyle...I will do so.Here's ANOTHER one featuring the ORIGINAL GREEN RANGER.This guy--Tommy,aka Jason David Frank to the government--already had 2 amatuer MMA rules fights,and he WON.This fight woulld've been his third,but....

Log-in / Register   Egyptian Archives Home > Sports
Power Ranger a no show
Former TV star opts out of cage fight
Alejandro Gonzalez
Issue date: 6/21/07 Section: Sports
PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1
SATURDAY June 23, 2007 - Keenan Curry (right) won his first professional mixed martial arts fight Saturday at the Williamson County Pavillion in Marion. Ryan Rendleman ~ Daily Egyptian

Before his scheduled cage match, Jason David Frank -- formerly known as Tommy on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers -- signed autographs. When it came time to fight, though, he was nowhere to be found.

On Saturday, The Williamson County Pavillion held the Illinois Cage Fighting even, showcasing mixed martial arts and kickboxing.

The highlight of the event was supposed to be a fight between Ron "the badger" McMasters and Frank. Unfortunately, this fight never took place.

Jim Thomas, the president of the Fists of Glory, the organization that hosted the event, said Frank thought he would get booed by the crowd because the fight was a non-scoring boxing event instead of a mixed martial arts competition.

"I tried to tell him to stay around and fight, but he just left and blazed," he said.

Before he left, Frank said he expected to fight with mixed martial arts rules, not just boxing. The reason the rules changed was Frank's opponent, Ron 'The Badger' was only trained in boxing.

Frank said he left for numerous reasons.

First, he didn't like that his fight was changed to hands-only instead of mixed martial arts.

Also, he said it was changed to an exhibition fight, in which both fighters are winners. Frank wanted a win or loss fight.

"Either I win the match or I get my butt kicked," he said. "If I knock someone out and we both win and we both get belts, that's meaningless."

Frank said the promoter blew the event out of proportion by using the Power Ranger celebrity status too much.

"I skipped out on a Power Ranger convention to come out and fight and everything just changed," he said.

Some fans at the arena were upset Frank didn't fight. After all, he was the headliner.

Josh Chilbress, 21-year-old from Marion, said the only reason he attended the event was to see the former TV star.

"I was pissed off," Chilbress said. "I want my money back, man. Back in the day, he was my favorite Power Ranger. He was awesome. This is ridiculous."

The audience did get to see Frank at ringside as a trainer for two of his friends. Both of his friends won their first fights.

Andrew Trammel, a 22-year-old from Kansas, fought for three full rounds in the cage against one of Frank's friends.

Twenty minutes after the fight, Trammel was throwing up in a garbage can. He said he never prepared for the fight until he received a flier on his car about the event.

"I probably could've done better if I had got in shape a little bit, stopped smoking and actually trained a little bit," he said teary-eyed with his face splattered with vomit.

Like most of the fighters, Trammel was an amateur. Many fighters said they would continue to fight in cage matches, even if they lost. Trammel said he wouldn't.

"I ain't in shape for it," he said. "I felt like I was going to pass out and throw up. I was getting dehydrated."

Frank's other friend Jason Felton, 24-year-old from Houston, said he was upset after the fight against Trammel. He trained for the fight for a little less than a year and he runs a martial a school.

"If I had just knocked him out, I'd feel a lot better," he said. "When the last fight was announced, nothing was mentioned about Frank. The main event changed."

Keenan 'Keen Kong' Curry, a 26-year-old from Fort Wayne, was one of the fighters in the main event. He said he grew up watching the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and he owned several of the toys.

"I would've liked to see [Frank] fight. He put Vaseline on my face so he's a cool guy," Curry said. "I wish I could have seen him in action but it's OK. I forgive him."

Daily Egyptian writer Alejandro Gonzalez can be reached at 536-3311 ext. 256 or

agonzalez@siude.com.

Page 1 of 1
Article Tools
Share:
Facebook Blogger del.icio.us digg newsvine Subscribe:
My Yahoo! Google
Power Ranger set to fight in cage
Viewing Comments 1 - 1 of 1

Don S
posted 6/25/07 @ 10:08 PM EST
He seemed like he was upset to have miss the convention, and that if he known all this would happen, then he should've just attended the convention. But I don't blame Frank when he says the fight would have had no point if both would be winners. (Continued…)

Details   Reply to this comment
Post a Comment
Name: (required) 
Email: (required) 
NOTE: Email address will not be published
 Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Email notify will not work because you are not currently logged in.
Click here to quickly login or create a free account.
Type your comment below (html not allowed)

I am not posting spam. I understand posting spam or other comments that are unrelated to this article will cause my comment to be flagged for deletion and possibly cause my IP address to be permanently banned from this server.

National College Advertising and Marketing
Privacy Policy     Article Syndication     RSS Terms of Use
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
MMA:FRANK SHAMROCK REMATCHES RENZO,THE GREEN RANGER FIGHTS!
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 09:58:43 pm »
Drop all ya martial arts stuff in here for us MMA and martial arts enthusiasts,aight? I'm starting it with TITO AND CHUCK II...

It's going down DEC. 30,and it will be good.I told everyone AFTER Tito got knocked out by CHUCK that actually TITO showed the more well-rounded mix of punches and kicks...especially low kicks.If Tito comes out with head movement,footwork,low kicks and hand combos...and closing quickly for UPPER BODY TIE UPS which he would have to work with strikes,then I think Tito would do well.Remember,CHUCK knocked TITO only AFTER Chuck THUMBED Tito...just like he would thumb Randy.If Tito worked the inside low kicks with hands,keeps his head and feet moving away from Chuck's deadly looping right hand,keeps his hands up to block Chuck's strong high kicks and Chuck's strong back kick to the body,then works the body kicks against Chuck (like Vernon White did,who was doing well against Chuck in a losing effort until he,too,was thumbed in the eye--or was it FISTED in the eye? lol) and shoots off of the low kick and off of the push kick to back Chuck up and counter the looping right,then we have a fight.The main key here is to push Chuck from round 1 onward and to basically fire combos off the low kick and push kick,and move or tie up and fire combos off the tie up.Move,low kick,combos (hands and/or feet) and move again,or move,low kick,shoot,upper body tie up,knees and takedowns,fire combos and move again.That's the way to do it,with forward pressure to back Chuck up.This will be very hard for Tito,and he needs to be trained by K-1 guys to effectively be much more of a threat to Chuck.If i were him,I would have trained for this one fight for about 6 months,dedicating about half of my training time against Shamrock in fights Tito-Ken II and III to working extensive standup with the famed Dutch kickboxing crew in Holland that produced Hoost,Aerts,et.al (the Meijiro Gym,I think they are called) and worked my Greco with the US OLYMPIC guys.Seriously,no joke.I would have spent about 30K in training alone,because I would do everything I could to seriously threaten and overtake Chuck.Seriously.Especially with Vanderlei Silva on deck and ready to crush everyone since the UFC went around and bought up the contracts of people like him and from the WFC got people like Rampage,ya know?

Btw,I would looooove to see Rampage and Silva just ravage the UFC guys,really and truly.And I want to see Arlovski come back and rematch Sylva,or cut weight and knock out Chuck,then face Rampage and Vanderlei.

I love Yves Edwards.I wanna see him take a contract with Showtime,along with Frank Shamrock and others.I want to see the Ultimate Fighters get paid what they're worth.I wanna see more Dave Terrel.After he bombed out Matt Lindland,we haven't heard much of anything from him.Where is he?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 10:00:50 pm »

- FRANK RESPECTS BARONI, WANTS TO FIGHT RENZO
Thursday, June 28, 2007 - by Jeff Cain - MMAWeekly.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank Shamrock answered a lot of questions long-time mixed martial arts enthusiasts had concerning his fighting ability against today's fighters, and gave newer fans to the sport a glimpse into the mystic that is Frank Shamrock, when he dispatched of hard hitting Phil Baroni at the co-promoted Strikeforce and EliteXC event Friday night in San Jose, Calif.

Shamrock, now sporting the moniker 'The Legend,' nearly finished Baroni with strikes in the first round before choking 'The New York Bad Ass' out with a Rear Naked Choke in round two.

Following the fight the focus shifted to Shamrock's knee injury suffered while training with Thierry Sokoudjou two weeks before the event. The thirty-four year old former UFC champion told MMAWeekly, "I tore my ACL and MCL, and partially tore my meniscus which apparently is really bad. I probably shouldn't be walking around, but I just put that big brace on it and kept on going."

Asked if surgery would be needed to correct the injury, Shamrock said, "I think so. We're going to wait until the swelling goes down, and then we're going to look at it. I've got like three opinions and two of the three are saying we need to get some tendons and give them to me."

Frank added, "They said don't do anything for a week, and no contact sports, and then they'll look at it. They think I'm a mutant, and I may have torn my ACL years ago, and it may have just never existed. Same with the MCL. They just don't seem to know, but they're going to have to scope it I think."

Pre-fight injuries affect the fighters physically, that goes without saying, but how it affects them mentally is rarely mentioned. "I was worried about the kicking because it hurt when I kicked, and that's usually not good… I was worried about my cardio because I knew I wasn't going to last that long."

Shamrock continued, "I knew it would drain me, and I knew there would be a point where my body would go anaerobic and crash, and I sort of just have to deal with it then. But my theory was that I could damage him more by then, and hopefully I'd be able to finish him even slow and kind of burned out a little bit."

The hype surrounding the match-up was largely fueled by the Internet. There were comments posted on various forums by Baroni, and videos on YouTube.com by Shamrock. It was billed as the classic grudge match, but Shamrock said the feud with Baroni is over.

"I talked to him. It sounded like it was pretty much done. Phil's a stand up guy. He made a challenge and we stepped up, threw down and fought it out."

Despite the online hype and pre-fight smack talk, Baroni gained the respect of Shamrock in the cage. "I knew he'd fight until the end. Phil's a warrior man. I mean Phil proved to me, I thought I would destroy Phil, and he proved to me that he's one of the toughest guys in MMA. He's got the toughest jaw I've ever seen, and he's got meat hooks on his hands. I think he came out huge on this, and my head is misshapened and swollen from getting punched."

Frank went on to say, "He's a brawler. He's a power puncher. He's got incredibly heavy hands. I think he's got the heaviest hands in MMA. His strength is that he'll do it. He's not good at it, but he'll do it, and that's dangerous. He smacked me a bunch of good times. I've never hit anybody in MMA that hard on the chin that many times and they not go down."

Shamrock had his way in the opening round, dropping Baroni with a three punch combination, but shortly after was deducted a point for striking Phil in the back of the head, the same infraction that resulted in a disqualification loss to Renzo Gracie earlier this year.

When asked about the illegal blows, Frank replied, "I was surprised when they stopped me because I didn't realize I was hitting him in the back of the head. I was like, wow. What? Sorry. But as soon as he said it I was like, you know, I was hitting him in the back of the head. Part of me struggles with the fighting because I know that that's how you damage people. And what's he doing with his head down there? My brain just goes to it. I know the rules, but sometimes the excitement of the moment… I know where I'm hitting him, but sometimes in the flow you kind of forget."

With the Phil Baroni match out of the way Frank Shamrock sets his sights on a rematch with Renzo Gracie. Frank commented, "As soon as my knee heals up I want to take care of Renzo. I'll do that one in quick, dramatic fashion… It's definitely a grudge match. There's controversy."

Gracie officially accepted Shamrock's challenge on MMAWeekly Radio, but the question remains where would the fight take place? Both are coaches in the IFL. Both have fought in EliteXC and Shamrock is a staple in the Strikeforce promotion.

Shamrock boasted, "I'll go wherever I want to go and where I'm most comfortable going, but I want to fight Renzo. It doesn't matter where. Where ever we can get it done. It doesn't matter where."

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: FRANK/RENZO REMATCH,K-1 MAX,GREEN POWER RANGER DOES MMA!!
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 10:03:15 pm »

- MASATO DEFEATS JZ AT K-1 MAX IN TOKYO
Thursday, June 28, 2007 - by Monty DiPietro (Photos courtesy of FEG)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOKYO – Masato won in the Main Event and the three other World Max Grand Champions also came through in convincing style at the World Max '07 Final Elimination.

The do-or-die showdown featuring 18 of the best fighters in the popular 70kg/154lbs K-1 World Max weight class. Held on a hot and humid night at the historic Nippon Budokan in central Tokyo, the one-match format event advanced victorious fighters to October's K-1 World Max eight-man final.

The Main Event featured the '03 World Max Champion Masato of Japan and the defending Hero's mixed martial arts middleweight champion, JZ Calvan of Brazil.

Calvan tripped the light fantastic through a peppy and protracted ring entrance. Then, accompanied by thundering death metal, Masato sashayed in dressed in a fuchsia robe, looking something like a disco druid. Finally it was time to fight. And what a fight it was!

From the bell Calvan grabbed a Masato low kick and held on while pushing forward with a big right overhand punch. Masato answered with a hard low kick, a nice uppercut and a right hook, Calvan stumbling a bit in the middle of all this but staying on his feet before sending back a serious right hook of his own. The second was a veritable slugfest -- a couple of bouts worth of action squeezed into one single round. Calvan with another right hook, adding a jarring left to make this his strongest round; Masato taking it on the chin, spinning in a kick, hammering in a great left hook and right uppercut before grabbing his opponent and throwing him to the canvas. And both fighters barely missing with high kicks. The third round again was electrifying -- Masato's best strikes a right hook and an uppercut, Calvan now finally looking fatigued, but not so much that he didn't launch a flying knee.

In the end, the difference was Masato's stamina and a new killer instinct, which looked good on a technical fighter some had regarded as a bit of a pretty boy. Masato is back -- and surprise, now he's a real badass!

"I trained for this fight with distance running," said Masato in his post-fight interview, "and that helped me stay energetic to the end because it was very hot in the ring. Of course I would have liked to get a KO, but JZ pressed pretty hard, hit me good a couple of times, and anyway the important thing is to win!"

The penultimate match saw defending and two-time World Max Champion Buakaw Por Pramuk of Thailand take on Western European World Max Champion Nieky Holzken of Holland.

With his relentless hard low kicks, surgical punching attacks and preternatural evasions, Buakaw is the man to beat in World Max. But there was a buzz in the air here regarding Holzken, who is billed on his website as "the world's best upcoming talent."

The fighters tested with low kicks and jabs to start. Buakaw got a hard high kick up at the clapper, but Holzken read it and blocked perfectly. In the second they went toe to toe and Holzken snuck a right, Buakaw doing the same soon afterward on a counter. Buakaw steadily asserted himself, now using front kicks to set the distance, blocking and dodging and getting the better stuff in. In the third again Holzken closed with punches, but Buakaw had superior balance and positioning and scored with low kicks and quick counters. Not a bad effort from Holzken, but a better one from Buakaw, who took the unanimous decision.

"Nieky is a very good fighter, he hit me in every round," smiled Buakaw afterward. "I think if he had fought another fighter he probably would have won! I am not fully satisfied with my performance, I have room to improve to make myself a complete fighter, so I will train hard for the October final!"

Albert Kraus of Holland was the first-ever World Max Champion, and made it to the final eight last year. Here he faced fellow boxer and '06 final eight fighter, Virgil Kalakoda of South Africa.

Kraus looked a mature fighter, showing more low kicks and creative combinations than he has in previous outings. Kalakoda got a nice left through in the first, but again in the second Kraus had the edge, smart and speedy with his combinations, connecting with a right hook and a spinning back kick to the midsection. Kalakoda was no slouch, answering most of what came his way, although a high and close guard kept Kraus out of trouble.

Both fighters still had plenty of gas in the tank to make a wild ride of the third -- stepping in to mix it up with the fists, making contact with the jabs and straight punches, but mostly missing with the big artillery. Kraus got a dandy right straight in for the strike of the round, and finished with some dexterous evasions to take the win by unanimous decision.

"I had fractured my right hand four weeks ago in a fight in the UK," said Kraus, "so I was limited somewhat in this fight. But I am happy I could show my critics that I am still a contender for the championship this year!"

The 2005 World Max Champion and runner-up in last year's final is shoot boxer Andy Souwer of Holland. He met Muay Thai fighter Ole Laursen of Denmark, one of several "producer's picks" on the card.

Laursen made with an aggressive start, doing well with the right straight punch and low kicks. Souwer coolly weathered the attacks until he found his chance. Midway through the first, as Laursen threw a left that went wide, the Dutchman abruptly fired a right over his opponent's extended arm, thwacking him on the chin and depositing him on the canvas. Tremendous timing and a tremendous strike, and Souwer had the KO win.

"I had a hard time adjusting to the weather here and had a bit of a flu, so I am surprised and happy that I could get that punch in for the KO," said Souwer. "I'll take a week or two off to rest then hit the gym to train for the final!"

The World Max Japan Champion for the last two years is Yoshihiro Sato. The lanky kickboxer brought a formidable 15cm/6" height advantage to the ring for his bout with the World Max Eastern Europe Champion, muay thai fighter Denis Schneidmiller of Germany.

The two traded low kicks in the early going, Sato with the edge in power, Schneidmiller occasionally stepping in to throw the right straight punch. The distance closed in the second, Schneidmiller quick with the one-two punch combinations, Sato throwing tight low kicks and bringing the knee up. Schneidmiller absorbed a bunch of low kicks in the third, forced onto the defensive and struggling to get strikes through his opponent's long reach. Sato by unanimous decision.

Armenian Muay Thai fighter Drago made it to the World Max semifinals in '06. Here he came up against a little guy with a big punch -- producer's pick Mike Zambidis of Greece.

Zambidis started dancing when the bell rang and remained in motion through the entire bout. The Greek slugger showed excellent evasions and blocking, and was spry and solid on the counter with body blows. Drago had some fancy moves of his own, making partial contact with spinning back kicks and fists, and by the end of the second round the pair were locked in one hell of a battle. Drago did well with the front kicks and knees in the third, but Zambidis was always closing with punches. The crowd cheered with gusto when all three judges scored the fight a draw, adding a tiebreaker round to the thrilling contest.

Again, total commitment from both fighters, Drago throwing straight punches and working the kicks and knees, the intrepid Zambidis once more coming in with the fists, scoring surprisingly with a high kick that caught his opponent on the jaw. Plenty of spirited exchanges and a shame only one man's arm could be raised -- the judges awarding the win to Zambidis.

Another producer's pick, Muay Thai fighter Artur Kyshenko of the Ukraine, stepped in against Asian World Max Champion Soo-Hwan Lee of South Korea.

Kyshenko worked the body blows beautifully from the get-go, also connecting with a high kick and right straight to the chin to dominate his opponent through the first. Lee's front kicks, one-two punch combinations and a decent knee made the second closer, but Kyshenko unleashed a vicious volley of punches in the third to force a standing count, and after resumption laid in with a left hook to earn the win by KO.

In the first of two Superfights on the card, Nigeria's Andy Ologun and Japanese boxer Tatsuji mixed it up. Ologun's lateral movement and right straight served him well through the early going, but Tatsuji rattled him late in the first with a worthy right hook. The Japanese fighter was aggressive from the start of the second, clocking Ologun with a right straight punch, showing good timing to get past his opponent's low kicks and deliver the fists. The third saw Ologun rally some with straight punches, Tatsuji frequently locking him up in the clinch. Tatsuji got some good licks in here as well, although neither fighter managed to put decisive force behind their strikes. One judge called it a draw, the other two liked Tatsuji by a single point each, which was good enough for the win.

The second Superfight featured kickboxers Takayuki Kohiruimaki of Japan and Tsogto "Shinobu" Amara of Mongolia. Kohiruimaki used his 9cm/4" height advantage to fight from outside, repeatedly firing in low kicks to stymie Amara's attempts to close with the fists. In the second the Japanese fighter met his opponent's advances with knees on a couple of occasions, but otherwise again it was all low kicks. As the fight wore on Amara grew increasingly frustrated and Kohiruimaki increasingly cocky, pumping his fist in the air to the delight of the crowd. A convincing and timely performance from the Japanese fighter, who stopped his three-bout losing streak with a comfortable unanimous decision.

In undercard bouts, Farid Villaume of France beat Nonthanun Por Pramuk by decision; Yuji Nashiro of Japan KO'd compatriot Hakuto; and Keiji Ozaki of Japan beat Pak-Wing Heung of Hong Kong by decision. All fights were conducted under K-1Rules (3min x 3R with one possible tiebreaker round).

The World Max '07 Final Elimination attracted a sellout crowd of 12,628 to the Nippon Budokan, and was broadcast live in Japan on the TBS Network. For scheduling information elsewhere contact local broadcasters. As always, visit the K-1 Official Website (www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp) for complete coverage of this and all K-1 tournaments.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: FRANK/RENZO REMATCH,K-1 MAX,GREEN POWER RANGER DOES MMA!!
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2007, 10:32:04 pm »
MURILLO NINJA RUA INTERVIEWED AFTER ELITEXC WINNING ELITEXC CHAMPIONSHIP OVER JOEY VILLASENOR

- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ELITEXC CHAMP NINJA
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - by MMAWeekly TV

Many MMA insiders had picked Joey Villasenor to become the first EliteXC Middleweight Champion. Many MMA insiders were wrong. As part of the undercard of the Strikeforce/EliteXC co-promoted “Shamrock vs. Baroni” event, Murilo “Rua” Ninja TKO’d Villasenor for one of the biggest wins of his career.

Although he goes home a champion, Rua’s first bout in America wasn’t without its rough edges. As recently as one week prior to the event, Rua was announced to be off the card due to not meeting the medical requirements of the State of California.

In fact, just four days prior to the fight, Rua told MMAWeekly’s Ivan Canello, “Tomorrow morning I am going to another doctor to get my license, but unfortunately my fight [with Villasenor] was postponed and I will only fight in September.

“Whoever wins between Joey Villasenor and [Falaniko Vitale] will fight me in the next EliteXC.”

But the results of that doctor’s visit were fortuitous for Rua as two days before the event, his medicals were approved and he was back in the bout that would eventually leave him crowned a champion.

Following the victory, Rua stated, “It is my pleasure to fight in America. I love the American peoples, very much.”

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: