Author Topic: SLEEPY HOLLOW  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
SLEEPY HOLLOW
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:57 am »
What was supposed to happen 250 years ago...

...continues tonight!

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: SLEEPY HOLLOW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:36:37 am »
Will check out the first ep...mainly for Ms. Beharie  ;D
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline James72

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »
I caught it in bits and pieces. From what I saw, I liked it. I will check it out next week.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:27:47 pm »
The pilot episode was spectacular especially the dialogue interplay between Lt. Mills & Icabod! 

My only gripe is that 'Sleepy Hollow' is broadcast on FOX, and I can't stand FOX! >:(

Offline James72

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:06:00 pm »
LOL! I hear you on that Battle!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 12:42:53 pm »
LOL! I hear you on that Battle!

'Sleepy Hollow'  has the potential to be a big hit! :)

I just love Ichabod's point-of-view of today's America from a 18th century American perspective.

I can only imagine the stories that could be told if the Headless Horseman can interchange severed heads and be different characters!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:42:19 pm by Battle »

Offline James72

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 05:16:49 pm »
They should hire you as a showrunner!

..And I'm hoping Fox gives them a chance.   There was a show on 2 years ago called "Chicago Code" that I dug with Jennifer Beals and Delroy Lindo that they cancelled.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 05:28:51 pm »
...And I'm hoping Fox gives them a chance.   There was a show on 2 years ago called "Chicago Code" that I dug with Jennifer Beals and Delroy Lindo that they cancelled.

Figures... :-\

I want to see the list of cancelled television shows the FOX network has cancelled since 1985.  Y'know what that list would look like?

That list would look like the number of discussion topics here at HEF, that's what it would look like! :(

They should hire you as a showrunner!

What's a showrunner??

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 06:21:30 pm »
I guess I'll have to catch a rerun or something.. I guess I'm wondering off the top of my head (pun intended) how this Ichabod reacts to, well, the "people of color" he encounters  ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 01:33:41 am »
I guess I'll have to catch a rerun or something.. I guess I'm wondering off the top of my head (pun intended) how this Ichabod reacts to, well, the "people of color" he encounters  ;)

It's funny you should say that, Hype, because the first 'person of color' Ichabod encounters after being detained is Lt. Mills, an African-American woman police officer...

"A woman lieutenant...?"

;D

It's sort of the same reaction Barnabas the vampire (who has been imprisoned for nearly 200 years) from the movie  'Dark Shadows' has when he meets Dr. Hoffman says something like,

"A woman doctor...?  What an age this is!"

:D

The dialogue in 'Sleepy Hollow' gets even better between Lt. Mills & Ichabod when he learns that Emancipation [from enslavement] finally came in America because he worked alongside the Abolitionists at the time.  So, it's juicy, delicious, historical dialogue I really get a kick out of. :)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 12:15:10 am »
I told my wife everyone was raving about the show but was nervous because she doesn't like horror;  meanwhile I am a TRUE BLOOD and WALKING DEAD fan.  But we both loved the first episode.  A pair of good looking leads; an intriguing mythology;  and a good sense of humor.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 05:10:14 am »
After watching 'Blood moon',  there were 2 trends that reminded me that 'Sleepy Hollow' is a FOX television show:

1. In the opening scene where Ichabod is fumbling about in his motel room trying to adjust in his modern surroundings, he has this bewildered look on face after watching 'Planet Of The Apes' on television. Now why would the editors show something like that?

2. While riding in the squad car with Lt. Mills, Ichabod complains about the amount of tax on his doughnut receipt.

It's subtle racism & 'tea party' antics like that which lets you know that this is, indeed, a genuine FOX program. ;D
So, I only watched 30 minutes of the second episode before retiring for the evening.  I was too exhausted after a full day's work of house chores.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 05:36:12 am »
I will guarantee that he will have a sexual relationship with the black lieutenant.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 06:27:57 am »
I will guarantee that he will have a sexual relationship with the black lieutenant.

Betcha she won't! ;)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 11:51:23 pm »
This is a really good show.  Love that many black actors doing good work, interesting but accessable mythology, real surprises in each episode so far.