Author Topic: FLOYD V OSCAR  (Read 14596 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
FLOYD V OSCAR
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:45:55 pm »
It seems like it's really going down in May,yall. I see Floyd winning this,but it will be hard.Oscar is faster,hits harder,and is altogether of a superior caliber in comparison to anyone Floyd has ever fought.Floyd won't drop Oscar,you can hang that one up.Oscar has far better defensive ability than anyone Floyd has fought,and as I keep drilling into my students,if you're defense is wakk you're gonna get whacked.Oscar is faster of foot AND hand than anyone Floyd has fought,including Zab Judah (and you remember what problems my manz Zab was giving Floyd in the first half of their fight,even though I picked Floyd to take this fight just like I'm picking him against Oscar) and has superior tactics in every regard vis-a-vis Floyd's competition.Furthermore,Roger Mayweather is in jail right now,and you KNOW that's GOTTA hurt Floyd's preparation.Add into the mix that Floyd Sr. really wants to beat his son for payback for how his son kicked him out of his house and ejected him from his career,and Oscar wants to maintain the Hall of Fame acclaim of his legacy and beat Floyd AND Winky before he retires,what you have here is two very experienced veterans who're motivated like no other time in their lives to pull off this win.It's gonna be a close fight.If Floyd hurts his hand,he's through...Oscar takes this one.

If not,then I pick Floyd with a narrow victory or a hotly contested majority draw.I think Floyd has the speed and his firepower is underrated,but in this fight he's gonna have to use his feet more to keep the angles on Oscar and to zoom in and out.I flat out think that Oscar is clearly the superior puncher,and I don't think Floyd has had a chance to test his chin against a hard hitter whom posseses enough speed to land his hard punches consistently throughout the fight.Floyd has been able to frustrate all others with his world class defense.I don't see that happening to Oscar,whom will have designed a special strategy to defeat Floyd crafted by the man who TAUGHT Floyd the defensive skillz that Floyd possesses...Floyd Sr.However,Oscar simply isn't as experienced in the FLOYD STYLE OF FIGHTING as lil Floyd is,so this fight will turn on aggression and defense. I see Floyd's super speed standing him in good stead in the early rounds,and he might use that super speed to stick and move,and if he does...he wins a tactical,kinda boring fight with its moments of sparks,but no real fire. Bu if Dela is able to land say,12 to 15 punches per round...most of which will be jabs and body punches--then this will be a serious fight,with Oscar being a real danger to pull off the victory.

Ultimately,I choose Floyd in a narrow decision,like I said.But I wouldn't mind seeing Oscar and Big Floyd win this.For real.

What do yall think?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Jenn

Re: FLOYD V OSCAR
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:49:20 pm »
Floyd. Why? Because he's FLOYD!!!!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 04:26:59 pm »
hahahaha!! Go on 'head then,Jenn...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 06:32:15 pm »
two pretty boys goin head to head in a match.  both of them do not want to have their face to be black n blue!  but floyd will get Oscar, but it aint gonna be easy for him to beat Oscar

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 07:44:57 pm »
I really look forward to Oscar testing Floyd's chin and tactics.It's a given that Oscar is in definitely less danger from Floyd's punch than vice versa.Body punches,footwork,defense and the jab will dictate this fight.I predict that if a fight breaks out--a fight for them would be more of a nasty boxing match,as both are consummate technicians--it would be in the 6th round and up.By that time they've done the feeling out process,and they've tasted each other's power,and the tactical adjustments in between rounds make the difference.FLOYD SR--even though he's not close to being the most articulate brotha in the world--is most definitely the superior tactician in the corner between the two,and there's nobody else in the world whom can craft a better fight plan to beat FLOYD.No matte what happens,we'll see a superior strategem being devised to defeat Floyd...the only question is whether or not Oscar can execute it.Even if he fails to win but fights a fierce fight,if Oscar successfully causes Floyd more problems than anyone else has,you can bet other fighters will try to improve upon Oscar's strategy.

Like SHANE MOSLEY,for instance.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 11:32:43 pm »
Oscar coming off the win vs Mayorga looks really good but, Oscar is basically moving in slo-mo when compared to Floyd (punching and footwork).  Yes, Oscar hits slightly harder but, then again, Floyd is hard to hit.  Both can go the distance.  Floyd probably will fight very technical -- jabs here and there just for scoring purposes.  Oscar will be chasing him for most of the fight trying to get some shots in while tying to duck.  SI may be right, this could turn out to be a ZZZ sleeper of a fight.  Hopefully not though.  We'll see.  I like Oscar a lot but I don't see him taking this one.  Floyd: majority decision.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:34:54 pm by Mr.Wright »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 09:10:25 am »
Oscar coming off the win vs Mayorga looks really good but, Oscar is basically moving in slo-mo when compared to Floyd (punching and footwork).  Yes, Oscar hits slightly harder but, then again, Floyd is hard to hit.  Both can go the distance.  Floyd probably will fight very technical -- jabs here and there just for scoring purposes.  Oscar will be chasing him for most of the fight trying to get some shots in while tying to duck.  SI may be right, this could turn out to be a ZZZ sleeper of a fight.  Hopefully not though.  We'll see.  I like Oscar a lot but I don't see him taking this one.  Floyd: majority decision.

I think Oscar has planned for the eventuality of Floyd's victory,that's why he already announced that he will be still fighting AFTER the Floyd fight,and he mentioned Winky Wright as his likely opponent after Floyd.I don't see him winning that fight either,because Winky's defense is too sweet.I don't see Floyd being soooo much faster than Oscar that Oscar moves in slomo by comparison,though.I recall the flurries Oscar displayed against Shane and B Hop,and I think he has the speed to tag Floyd.The key will be the style that Floyd employs in their fight.I really really think Floyd will fight as technical a fight as he can for the first 6-8 rounds,trying to build unsurmountable lead.I see Oscar pressuring Floyd,working hard on the jab and body shots in combos.Oscar will spend a great deal of time working on pressure,clinch work,body attacks and literally attacking the shoulders and back and biceps of Floyd as Floyd uses that incredible defense.Floyd tends to bend low at the waist,literally dipping to at or below his opponent's waist level for short bursts of time.He is so much quicker than his adversaries that he's able to employ that model of defense in shocking bursts,making his opponents fire at a vanishing phantom.Oscar will probably take a cue from Zab's tactics the first couple of rounds wherein he was giving Floyd fits--I had Zab ahead until about the 5th round.Oscar will be firing uppercuts at Floyd when he does the below the waist duck,or he'll fire DOWN at Floyd,while trying to block Floyd's lateral movement escape with his feet.He'll have to fire tight 3 punch bursts.Floyd will still escape,but he'll be getting hit at times he doesn't expect to be hit,and he'll be tagging Oscar,but he won't be backing Oscar off or hurting him.Floyd will use his feet to constantly put distance between himself and Oscar,because coming out there to KO Oscar is NOT gonna happen.Floyd will win this one,but people will be wanting a rematch--which Oscar will NOT let happen.But Oscar will have gained credibility in this fight if he is able to execute his gameplan.I believe that this is the one fight that Floyd has the greatest chance of being rattled or dinged,and that--combined with the absence of his uncle Roger--is the main reason I see Floyd securing his win by fighting a technical match for as long as possible.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 10:32:53 am »
oscar doesn't stand much of a chance really, I mean he doesn't have one punch KO power and he is not quicker then floyd. I see this fight playing out like floyd vs genaro hernandez, oscar takes too much punishment and is retired on his stool. Oscar just won;t be aggressive enough to push floyd and will be looking to counter..It should be fun

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 02:05:35 pm »
oscar doesn't stand much of a chance really, I mean he doesn't have one punch KO power and he is not quicker then floyd. I see this fight playing out like floyd vs genaro hernandez, oscar takes too much punishment and is retired on his stool. Oscar just won;t be aggressive enough to push floyd and will be looking to counter..It should be fun

Ayo,I love you kitamu...but I will literally bet that FLOYD doesn't stop Oscar.I would put a straight up e-bet against anyone--against FLOYD himself--that he doesn't stop OSCAR.I don't see a one-sided whoopin like when Floyd crushed Genaro,either.Oscar is many times the fighter that Genaro is,and he's FASTER than people give him credit for.He WILL force exchanges,that WILL happen.It's up to Floyd HOW OFTEN it happens though.If OSCAR can land more than 10 punches/round from the 3rd round up,then it will get heated down the stretch from the 8th round on up.I'll put money on that too.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 03:25:39 pm »
Seems like Oscar and Floyd are fighting at 154,not 147...and 154 is jr. middleweight.That's gonna be serious.Know why? The extra weight will be new to Floyd but old hat to Oscar,and of course is certain to slow Floyd down,making him theoretically easier to hit. His firepower won't be appreciably increased,and even if it is...Oscar STILL holds the edge in  firepower and the sturdiness of his chin.Uncle Roger ISN'T in FLOYD's corner.Oscar is gonna have to nod to FLOYD SR. if he wants to beat FLOYD JR...nobody is better equipped to devise a better gameplan to beat FLOYD'S style than the man who taught it and refined it to FLOYD JR in the first place.With all of these factors together,it's becoming clear that OSCAR's best chance of beating FLOYD is now.If FLOYD pulls off the victory--especially a thrilling victory wherein he convincingly defeats OSCAR,and not a boring technical match featuring jabs and footwork only--then FLOYD will be rocketed into genuine superstardom.Especially if OSCAR goes on to fight WRIGHT and loses at 154,and FLOYD fights WRIGHT and WINS at 154.

Regardless,I wanna see FLOYD fight MARGARITO and SHANE at 147 or 154. I wanted FLOYD to fight SHANE first,and I thought there would be no way in hell that OSCAR would get anywhere near a ring with FLOYD unless somebody else--like SHANE--was getting ready to fight FLOYD JR.Man,was I wrong...and that makes me give OSCAR the ultimate respect,regardless of whether he wins or loses.That kid gotz cojones to spare.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 03:14:36 pm »
Oscar will have to do more than give Floyd a boxing lession. He's going to have to put him DOWN. If it goes to a decison Oscar will get jobbed even if he's ahead on points.

He needs to be the agressor in this, I think.   

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 04:34:23 pm »
Oscar will have to do more than give Floyd a boxing lession. He's going to have to put him DOWN. If it goes to a decison Oscar will get jobbed even if he's ahead on points.

He needs to be the agressor in this, I think.   

I don't think OSCAR has to drop Floyd,and frankly I think Floyd's defense and technical skills are plenty sharp enough to stop Oscar from doing such a thing...just as Oscar's chin and defense will certainly prevent Floyd from stopping him.If Oscar can pull off the championship rounds,he'll take this fight...but honestly that's what I think he'll have to do.He'll have to pressure Floyd thru rounds 1-4 (even though rounds 1 and 2 and part of 3 will be a feeling out process,but Oscar has to establish his aggression and ring generalship immediately) and get the better of the exchanges with the harder punches in enough volume to take the majority of exchanges.Floyd is faster and has sharper combinations in regards to accuracy,but OSCAR has the harder punches and is stronger,more experienced,has a superior chin and has the punch to daze Floyd.This has the potential to be a blazin fight if Oscar pushes the pace and forces Floyd into extended exchanges,and hits Floyd's arms and body when Floyd dips low to avoid OSCAR'S punches.Otherwise,Floyd could turn this into a dominat but boring boxing match,landing hard shots only rarely in coasting to a decision victory.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
De La Hoya vs. Mayweather
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 12:41:18 pm »
Ooops, I made a repeat topic.  Go discuss this here http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=1145.0
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:38:39 pm by JLI Jesse »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: De La Hoya vs. Mayweather
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 04:35:38 pm »
I was just over in Union Station for lunch (in DC) and I heard this huge commotion.  I look up and its the Golden Boy Oscar De la Hoya and Pretty Boy Floyd Maywether, having a press conference for their upcoming fight.

It was pretty damn awesome, watching the trash talking and the whole circus.  Oscar seemed a little more laid back while Floyd was kinda being a jerk, and making a scene while Oscar spoke.  They they got in a mini pissing match, but these guys probably do this in every town they go to.

Anyone gonna watch this?  I will probably wait a week or 2 and watch it on HBO.

Maaan,I wish I saw this thing live.I would've loooved to see these guys in person doing that stuff.But JLI you are MAAD late dawg.I started a thread called FLOYD V OSCAR on this very thread,it's on the same page as this thread right here as I type this.Share your perspectives there.But yeah,I very likely WILL watch this live.Me and the crew will split the cost for the fight,lol.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:06 pm »
JLI and Sam and anybody else,what do yall think?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: