Author Topic: The Shark That Ate East Boogie!  (Read 1569 times)

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
The Shark That Ate East Boogie!
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:09 pm »
While Black Panther and Namor have their aquatic beef I have been working on this Zbrush digital sculpt among others for the Flex Hectic animation!

This is an earlier sculpt but lately it looks a bit better in it's near final stages and seems to take well to the Lightwave import despite the software crashes!

I have not decided if I will use it for the initial launch because the Flex Hectic main character animation is looking even better and way more epic!

It was sad to hear about Hudlin getting chewed up in the Mississippi River but we will pour out a little liquor and carry on as he would have wanted us to... We will miss you Reg CHOMP!!! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Shark That Ate East Boogie!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »
Those are really nice models, FLEX! :)

It would be even more impressive to give the shark  very jagged teeth.  Rows and rows of teeth where some are more larger than others, more sharp-looking than others... maybe a few teeth chipped or broken... y'know um sayin'?

Check out the shark's jaws in the PIXAR movie, 'Finding Nemo'  and see how the animators illustrated teeth.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
Re: The Shark That Ate East Boogie!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:06:38 pm »
Actually I used Finding Nemo and Shark's Tale as a reference along with National Geographics Shark Week!

I also used Google which has a lot of great pics of sharks breaching the water surface to pounce on seals and any youtube footage that I can find to see how sleek they move in the water!

This is just one of the models so some of them have jagged and broken teeth as I used the high definition button to texture them with!

The problem was the UV map for them was so small that they would disappear once imported into Lightwave so that was a chore getting them to show but I'm getting there!

The flesh inside the mouth once the jaws open wide will be the hard part because you can sometimes see the inside of the gills!

Oh wait... I think I see Reggie's arm holding an Academy Award trophy!!! ;)