Author Topic: Can a Minority Superhero (TM) be Pro-Registration?  (Read 10741 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Can a Minority Superhero (TM) be Pro-Registration?
« on: December 29, 2006, 06:26:08 am »
Yes, we know that Bishop and Rhodey are Pro-Registration, but in your opinion, do you think a Minority Superhero can be on the Pro-Registration side?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Can a Minority Superhero (TM) be Pro-Registration?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:49:00 am »
(Are you guys having the same problem that whenever you hit quote, it doesn't work?)

Why not?  In principle, the Registration itself isn't wrong, it's the execution of the Registration that is a problem and the fact that it screws with the fabric of the Marvel Universe is another problem.

Since some never see the full implication of how they are executing the registration, I really wouldn't be surprised if Living Lightning or Firebird registered, since they live so far away from the "action".  (Esp Living Lightning since he wants to get into politics.)  I believe Justice registered. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:01:52 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 06:51:27 am »
Very good answer Kip.
Anyone else?

While I'm thinkin' about it, which issue of Iron Man do i need to read in order to see Tony's side of thinking?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 07:01:19 am »
Very good answer Kip.
Anyone else?

While I'm thinkin' about it, which issue of Iron Man do i need to read in order to see Tony's side of thinking?

and that shows you the biggest failing of the writing for the main CW storyline--you shouldn't need to read an extra book to figure out the motives of one of the main players.

but the extra CW book (to fill in for some of the delays), Cap and Iron Man gives us a good feel to understanding Tony, if one ignores the fact that it never even touches on the gulag, which is the BIGGEST problem with Tony's side.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 07:13:09 am »
I feel you on the gulag, thang.

a prison in the negative is a really big turnoff for me.
And capekillers?  Not cool at all.

And the death of Goliath... don't get me started.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 07:22:08 am »
and that shows you the biggest failing of the writing for the main CW storyline--you shouldn't need to read an extra book to figure out the motives of one of the main players.

I think the main point of the huge storyline is to draw interest into the other books.  So far it's worked for me.
but the extra CW book (to fill in for some of the delays), Cap and Iron Man gives us a good feel to understanding Tony, if one ignores the fact that it never even touches on the gulag, which is the BIGGEST problem with Tony's side.

Yeah, and with Tony, despite his good intentions and sympathies, the reason I like heroes is because of the stand they make.  I like the black and white, the Right with a capital R, and wrong with a capital W.  The Registration Act is very practical in many regards, it pays them, it trains them it makes them accountable.  But if Peter Parker was practical, he wouldn't be Spider-Man, many times doing what he's done has stunted every relationship and opportunity he's ever had.  But he does it cause it's the right thing to do, and I respect that.  With Tony, he's not going to take that stand, he's going to do WHATEVER the government tells him to do.  He's going to hunt down his friends, he's going to toss them in the negative zone, he's going to side with Super villains, he's going to manipulate situations and people to get his way and that IMO is wrong.  Hell, he can't even reconcile it with himself totally, if not for Sue, he'd be a drunk again.

Registration is just basically wrong

Go Cap!
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 07:32:41 am »
so, what does all of this mean to a minority superhero?
Anything at all?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 11:06:35 am »
I would have no problem with the negative zone jail if it had been differently.  Basically, throw the new thunderbolts in there.  I would be first in line to put the Green Goblin, Bullseye, and Venom in there, and throw away the key.  Or the Wrecking Crew, Sabretooth, the Abomination, Red Skull...any villian that has escaped over and over again only to kill over and over again.

My problem with it (and I am pro-reg) is that they are throwing minor villians and disapproving heroes in there.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 12:53:47 pm »
so, what does all of this mean to a minority superhero?
Anything at all?

Well I will give Tony credit for upholding his end of the parley and not arresting Luke Cage and throwing him in the Neg Zone like he did Battlestar, there, happy?
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 01:07:44 pm »
i'm still mad about Battlestar.
not only is he in jail, but he's severely injured.

*sigh*

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 03:12:24 pm »
i'm still mad about Battlestar.
not only is he in jail, but he's severely injured.

*sigh*

Yeah that is screwed up, I mean aren't they gonna give him some medical attention, a backbrace or something instead of just leaving him in the pokey lying on his stomach.  If Tony's so sympathetic why don't he just have him put down if they're gonna treat him like a dog?

"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 08:00:44 pm »
(Are you guys having the same problem that whenever you hit quote, it doesn't work?)
No.  Is anybody else having this problem?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 10:50:00 am »
thank you for participating... any other comments?

i'm really trying to see if i could defend or support a minority character for SUPPORTING registration.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 01:08:52 pm »
No.  Is anybody else having this problem?

fortunately it has only happened twice more but whatever the reason it doesn't seem to be a problem.  must be just some glitch.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 04:48:11 pm »
I can see why minority characters would be pro reg, Misty Knight and Collen Wing or pro reg. They don't want to see lives at risk because of wreckless dangerous nonelected or deputized and totally unaccountable people. Its a good idea if badly executed.