Author Topic: Can a Minority Superhero (TM) be Pro-Registration?  (Read 10738 times)

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
Re: Can a Minority Superhero (TM) be Pro-Registration?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 05:57:34 pm »
thank you for participating... any other comments?

i'm really trying to see if i could defend or support a minority character for SUPPORTING registration.

I don't get why you wouldn't be able to if you agree with the act.  A lot of minority heroes have or had worked with the government in the past and, as stated earlier, there's not much wrong with the Registration Act in theory.  It's the execution that's been all messed up.  I look at it the same way that I look at black people that fought to defend this country during the days of jim crowe.  They were catching hell here at home, but they still fought because they believed in the american ideal and the potential that it holds.  I figure it's the same with the Reg Act.  They may not like everything about how things are going down, but they still believe in it's potential for good. 

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 09:40:42 pm »
Princesa and others touched upon the point that makes CW so fascinating...both sides are correct in THEORY,but both are incorrect or LESS CORRECT in APPLICATION.Okay,we can agree that on paper the SHRA is da bizness.But how exactly are we to rectify its APPLICATION? Even if the Annihilation Wave comes here,well...what happens after it's gone? Somehow if I were a hero,I just couldn't get with people whom locked me in the Negative Zone,no matter how much good they meant.Tuh Hell with you and the extradiminesional portal that you unlocked to the Negative Zone in the first place.However...crime is lower now AFTER the SHRA than at any other time in history. Tony and his crew have done in a matter of months what the collective group of heroes couldn't do throughout all of MU history.The American public has GOT to feel much better and safer now that they know that if Wonder Man and the Juggernaut level their portion of the city in a fight,there are mechanisms in place to pay for the damage and care for the injured and rebuild.Furthermore,there is accountability for all capes now.

The bigger question is: Can any of us devise a method wherein the SHRA is more efficiently enforced? Can any of us come up with a better idea for Cap to do his thing and yet STILL be held responsible,etc? Let's see who can answer that.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 01:26:33 am »
Princesa and others touched upon the point that makes CW so fascinating...both sides are correct in THEORY,but both are incorrect or LESS CORRECT in APPLICATION.Okay,we can agree that on paper the SHRA is da bizness.But how exactly are we to rectify its APPLICATION? Even if the Annihilation Wave comes here,well...what happens after it's gone? Somehow if I were a hero,I just couldn't get with people whom locked me in the Negative Zone,no matter how much good they meant.Tuh Hell with you and the extradiminesional portal that you unlocked to the Negative Zone in the first place.However...crime is lower now AFTER the SHRA than at any other time in history. Tony and his crew have done in a matter of months what the collective group of heroes couldn't do throughout all of MU history.The American public has GOT to feel much better and safer now that they know that if Wonder Man and the Juggernaut level their portion of the city in a fight,there are mechanisms in place to pay for the damage and care for the injured and rebuild.Furthermore,there is accountability for all capes now.

The bigger question is: Can any of us devise a method wherein the SHRA is more efficiently enforced? Can any of us come up with a better idea for Cap to do his thing and yet STILL be held responsible,etc? Let's see who can answer that.

Hmmm...that is a tough one.  The main problem with the execution of the act is how do you deal with those who refuse to obey the law?  As is,  due process has been thrown out the window and civil rights are being violated left and right.  So you'd have to cut all of that out for certain.  Most of the objectors seem to be level headed enough so perhaps some forum of redress could be established.  A place where these "rogue" heroes can plead their case to the public at large.  I think what the anti-reg folks objected to the most was the loss of their privacy so maybe that can be worked around some sort of way.  They do it in Gotham  ;D 

However you make this thing work justly, the heavy handedness has to go.  No cloning, no killing, no super Abu Grahib.

As far as Caps side goes, dude is just straight up breaking the law however unjust it may be.  I think his best bet is to ,again, take his case to the people.  If it's really so bad then expose it.  Show it's ugly side.  The Pro-Reg side is breaking the law to enforce the law.  They're signing up known criminals as an armed force, they're locking people up without trials, killing people ( though I'm sure they'll file that under "necessary force") and I'm not certain, but I think that cloning is illegal even in the 616 USA.  Cap can't punch his way out of this one unless he's going to implement some regime change.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 06:04:01 am »
let me say this, the shra may be good now, but what happens when ppl get backdoored into a draft?
will the shra be hot, then?

that's the fallout i'm waiting for.

watch cassie be the first to die becuz of the draft.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 09:34:39 am »
i'm bumpin' this cuz i think this will become an issue in future stories.

the backdoor drafting, that is.

the HULK is gonna kill a lot of these initiative heroes.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 07:46:01 pm »

He better. It's war, so I want definitive casualties.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 06:05:51 pm »

He better. It's war, so I want definitive casualties.

I really hope he does, and I especially hope he takes a good chunk out of Tony Stark too.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron