Author Topic: Belafonte Sues Heirs of Martin Luther King Jr.  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Belafonte Sues Heirs of Martin Luther King Jr.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 11:21:40 pm »
If Belafonte feels that he failed Martin with his kids then he should give the items back to them and let them take it from there and keep it moving!

This is one of those growing up things the adult children will have to adjust to as far as the relevancy of the King legacy in the now!

At some point Belafonte also has to find other ways to help his programs like supporting the Black Super Hero movement which counteracts the gangs he is trying to help!

It's time to give young black men a new set of ideals for today's age and let the past be the past!

The King kids are all grown whereas these wayward youth need something that fits their agenda today!

If you know Belafonte Reggie you should reach out to him about Black Panther, Milestone Comics or something along that line because the civil rights activism is dated and apparently not working if it has come to this!

This is the digital age where hardcopies are not even worth anything much once they are posted on the internet!

It was never money that stopped gang activity it was always ideals that did the trick with no money down!
STOP.

You have no ability to critique the man.  None.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 11:48:38 am »
And why is that?

He is subject to scrutiny just as anyone before or after him!

It was okay for him to attack Jay Z and others of our generation so he is fair game also!

If you bring attention to yourself in any way you are part of the public domain of which you are seeking support for your cause!

There is no black leader that gets a pass you were a part of the Birth of A Nation comic that was critical of Farrakhan... Did the Nation of Islam respond to you about his many years of service and your ability to critique him?

Sure he can get the "Elder" card of respect but that does not mean there should be silence about any actions he takes today!

It can't be Isaac Hayes on South Park mocking everybody else's religion until it hits close to what you believe... Keep it fair!

I respect dude but he has missteps like every other human being plus he admitted from his own words that "He Failed" Martin's kids... I didn't say that he did he said it himself!

As a citizen of the black community which expands to Africa I can turn to my South African wife and be critical of Mandela as long as it is done in respect!

I have in-laws that no him personally so when we meet face to face I'll show him his propers point blank but that does not mean that I agree with everything about him just because he is an Icon!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 12:20:26 pm »
You're an ant judging a titan.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 12:55:36 pm »
And yet ants are so productive...

http://www.slideshare.net/effat57/the-ant-story

Never discount the little guy over the big guy because "Titans" are built up, massively supported by and often voted into power by those ants that are taken for granted!

We are all ants to some degree we just need the right agenda and the right leader to lead us in that agenda and that leader would never have to ask for anything ever again because the ants would get it for him saving him all the trouble!

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 01:27:47 pm »
You're an ant judging a titan.

WHOA, WHOA, FLEX, l KNOW you're not going to take that!

I'll hold your jacket.

* Turns up WELCOME TO THE TERRORDOME in anticipation of the brawl*