Author Topic: Friendly’s Unveils Grilled Cheese Burger Melt  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Friendly’s Unveils Grilled Cheese Burger Melt
« on: July 14, 2010, 10:15:37 am »
Friendly’s Unveils Grilled Cheese Burger Melt
by Ron Hogan

After so many years of healthy eating being forced down the pudgy gullet of the American diner, the health backlash has started in earnest.  The KFC Double Down was only the beginning, as Massachusetts-based restaurant chain Friendly’s has taken the hamburger to the extreme, thanks to an unholy union with the grilled cheese.  The resulting beast is a 1,500-calorie hamburger dubbed the Grilled Cheese Burger Melt (or BurgerMelt), which features a giant hamburger sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwiches.

Excuse me while I shudder violently and heave for a moment.

When it comes to novelty food, there’s the unhealthy food that’s a deliberate oddity, like the enormous novelty hamburger, and then there’s the deliciously unhealthy food item that’s a menu staple.  This is a menu staple.  This is the kind of sandwich that gets people sued for contributing to America’s general unhealthiness.  The average person only needs 2000 to 2500 calories; so you can have one burger and three bowls of 150-calorie oatmeal, or one burger and a smallish side of fries.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Friendly’s Unveils Grilled Cheese Burger Melt
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:09:02 pm »
Why why why!!!????   I was going through my day, went to the gym, not too hungry, feeling like the diet was going well....then I saw that...and I am HUNGRY!

:P

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 06:18:43 am »
Not me...

*Yuck!*

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:02:47 pm »
............................................ WOW....... Just wow
Pull List

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:50:56 am »
Why why why!!!????   I was going through my day, went to the gym, not too hungry, feeling like the diet was going well....then I saw that...and I am HUNGRY!

:P
Well I did the same thing and now it made want to drink some more water

*grabs* bottle

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.