Author Topic: Question about the Dora Milaje and certain outrage. (Issue #23 SPOILERS)  (Read 21164 times)

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
Re: Question about the Dora Milaje and certain outrage. (Issue #23 SPOILERS)
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 03:08:59 pm »
Personally I don't mind because the only way to signalise that the Dora Milaje are more than cannon fodder is to make them beat a known character.

I mean, far be it for a King in a comic book to have help that can actually, you know, help
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 09:34:15 am »
Personally I don't mind because the only way to signalise that the Dora Milaje are more than cannon fodder is to make them beat a known character.

I mean, far be it for a King in a comic book to have help that can actually, you know, help

HAHAHAHHA,well said,dawg...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

GrimSkill

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 07:15:54 am »
Im Glad they Kicked her @$$ and I hope they do the same to even more marvel chicks who fans have BIG Heads about :P ;D :D ;)

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 10:15:48 am »
Maybe the fact that Hudlin finally had the DM do something of import in an issue, such as beatdown the BW, means that we WILL start seeing more interaction with them in the stories.

BTW, is anyone forgetting here that the DM aren't supposed to talk to anyone else BUT T'Challa and even then in Wakandan. Priest set those parameters up when he created them. Of course, that didn't stop him from developing those characters and allowing them to interact in his stories. Now, to be fair to the fanboys I have to point out that Hudlin wroyte one of them speaking to an unwanted suitor at the club he met Cage in the "Bad Mutha" arc so we can't be sure what the DMs protocol is.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 01:41:46 pm »
Maybe the fact that Hudlin finally had the DM do something of import in an issue, such as beatdown the BW, means that we WILL start seeing more interaction with them in the stories.

BTW, is anyone forgetting here that the DM aren't supposed to talk to anyone else BUT T'Challa and even then in Wakandan. Priest set those parameters up when he created them. Of course, that didn't stop him from developing those characters and allowing them to interact in his stories. Now, to be fair to the fanboys I have to point out that Hudlin wroyte one of them speaking to an unwanted suitor at the club he met Cage in the "Bad Mutha" arc so we can't be sure what the DMs protocol is.

One of the DM also pointedly let Luke know to take his arm from around her as well in the same arc.I think that they aren't to speak to anyone except the King unless mitigating circumstances exist,such as NOT doing so could cause their King embarassment or perhaps add difficulty to the task at hand.Imagine of the DM just hauled off and socked Luke Cage...because nobody was going to move out of the convertible.There was nowhere else to go.Imagine if she spoke in Hausa to BP about Luke,basically complaining and whining that Luke had his arm around her.That would make it look like she was a punk (an ultimate "NO-NO" in a warrior society) AND it would cause BP a loss of face as he would then either be compelled to let his friend know that the DM was displeased with his attentions OR he would simply order her to endure...something she would and could do without any form of protest or ill will but which would be a dicey matter of personal honor if he did say that. BP might lose honor. So the neat solution for all around is for the DM herself to resolve the issue. Same at the club.You can bet that a major part--if not THE major part--of BP being there had to do with meeting Luke Cage and making the job offer he did when Luke came home.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Rasmane

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 02:44:04 pm »
I like me some BW,but 616 Elektra hands 616 BW a severe beatdown:

POWERS AND ABILITIES OF ELEKTRA

Elektra has demonstrated on occassion the ability to mesmerize others, and as such make them see illusions or other phenomena.

Elektra's strangest (and perhaps most obscure) gift is her ability to "throw" her mind into that of others. She was able to track down enemy, Ken Wind, by temporarily "borrowing" people's minds and acting through them while she hunted around for her prey. This temporal mind control enables her to literally sniff out the psyche, or intent, of her targets. It saw extensive use during Elektra: Assassin, back when she was heavily reliant on her good old ninja powers. It's unknown how long the effect lasts, but Elektra has gone a full two days or more in someone else's mind -- while they zoned out in hers.

Elektra has occasionally demonstrated low-level telekinesis, though it is possible that this may be just illusion which victims of her mesmerism are led to see. She can communicate telepathically with indiviuals possessing similar levels of mental discipline, such as the Chaste.

It is unclear what the limitations on her psychic ability are. She may be limited by touching distance or to minds easily affected by persuasion. However, the last time Elektra tried this trick, it was with S.H.I.E.L.D.'s finest. Elektra was not born with this interesting gift -- she mastered it through training and refinement with The Hand. (Or they screwed up her mind beyond earthly recognition with drugs and magic. You decide.) Their fighters share similar powers, which means each of them -- including Elektra -- are mentally linked to The Beast, the relentless demigod of The Hand who has haunted her since she broke rank.

Nick Fury can attest to the usage of this eerie mind control in person. In the 90's, he conducted scientific experiments on the captured assassin and found strange morphology in her brain that explained her phenomenal reflexes, yet sane rationale. Elektra moves with heightened primal instincts but the more evolved parts of her brain remain intact, preserving her intelligence. In other words, she thinks like a woman and strikes like a cobra.

This "mind jump" ability might explain why Elektra is always a step ahead of her competition, or seems to know where her target is at all times. An extreme example would be the time she murdered an ambassador in South America. The man was sitting against the wall when Elektra sought out his mind and trusted her katana to enter his heart in the perfect spot. Unerringly, it did: the sword pierced through thick walling and the politician was slain where he sat. The unusual addition of her telepathic skills makes Elektra an omnipresent assassin, to say the least.

She's formidable to say the least, but I'd hate for a writer to craft a story using character profile specs for direction, too much. Use it as inspiration, but don't let these lists of abilities make the outcome of stories a forgone conclusion! A lot of readers want realism. Well, anyone (of human descent) can have an off day.

That said, if RH says the Dora Milaje can whup Black Widow's spinerret--they can!

One of the DM also pointedly let Luke know to take his arm from around her as well in the same arc.I think that they aren't to speak to anyone except the King unless mitigating circumstances exist,such as NOT doing so could cause their King embarassment or perhaps add difficulty to the task at hand.Imagine of the DM just hauled off and socked Luke Cage...because nobody was going to move out of the convertible.There was nowhere else to go.Imagine if she spoke in Hausa to BP about Luke,basically complaining and whining that Luke had his arm around her.That would make it look like she was a punk (an ultimate "NO-NO" in a warrior society) AND it would cause BP a loss of face as he would then either be compelled to let his friend know that the DM was displeased with his attentions OR he would simply order her to endure...something she would and could do without any form of protest or ill will but which would be a dicey matter of personal honor if he did say that. BP might lose honor. So the neat solution for all around is for the DM herself to resolve the issue. Same at the club.You can bet that a major part--if not THE major part--of BP being there had to do with meeting Luke Cage and making the job offer he did when Luke came home.

Sounds logical.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 10:08:19 am »
I like me some BW,but 616 Elektra hands 616 BW a severe beatdown:

POWERS AND ABILITIES OF ELEKTRA

Elektra has demonstrated on occassion the ability to mesmerize others, and as such make them see illusions or other phenomena.

Elektra's strangest (and perhaps most obscure) gift is her ability to "throw" her mind into that of others. She was able to track down enemy, Ken Wind, by temporarily "borrowing" people's minds and acting through them while she hunted around for her prey. This temporal mind control enables her to literally sniff out the psyche, or intent, of her targets. It saw extensive use during Elektra: Assassin, back when she was heavily reliant on her good old ninja powers. It's unknown how long the effect lasts, but Elektra has gone a full two days or more in someone else's mind -- while they zoned out in hers.

Elektra has occasionally demonstrated low-level telekinesis, though it is possible that this may be just illusion which victims of her mesmerism are led to see. She can communicate telepathically with indiviuals possessing similar levels of mental discipline, such as the Chaste.

It is unclear what the limitations on her psychic ability are. She may be limited by touching distance or to minds easily affected by persuasion. However, the last time Elektra tried this trick, it was with S.H.I.E.L.D.'s finest. Elektra was not born with this interesting gift -- she mastered it through training and refinement with The Hand. (Or they screwed up her mind beyond earthly recognition with drugs and magic. You decide.) Their fighters share similar powers, which means each of them -- including Elektra -- are mentally linked to The Beast, the relentless demigod of The Hand who has haunted her since she broke rank.

Nick Fury can attest to the usage of this eerie mind control in person. In the 90's, he conducted scientific experiments on the captured assassin and found strange morphology in her brain that explained her phenomenal reflexes, yet sane rationale. Elektra moves with heightened primal instincts but the more evolved parts of her brain remain intact, preserving her intelligence. In other words, she thinks like a woman and strikes like a cobra.

This "mind jump" ability might explain why Elektra is always a step ahead of her competition, or seems to know where her target is at all times. An extreme example would be the time she murdered an ambassador in South America. The man was sitting against the wall when Elektra sought out his mind and trusted her katana to enter his heart in the perfect spot. Unerringly, it did: the sword pierced through thick walling and the politician was slain where he sat. The unusual addition of her telepathic skills makes Elektra an omnipresent assassin, to say the least.

She's formidable to say the least, but I'd hate for a writer to craft a story using character profile specs for direction, too much. Use it as inspiration, but don't let these lists of abilities make the outcome of stories a forgone conclusion! A lot of readers want realism. Well, anyone (of human descent) can have an off day.

That said, if RH says the Dora Milaje can whup Black Widow's spinerret--they can!

Sounds logical.

blazin post,Rasmane.And because I'm curious...does "Rasmane" mean anything? An actor's name,for instance?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 11:42:11 am »
The Black Widow is an Avenger but she can't take out two teenage girls...right.

GrimSkill

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2007, 12:44:21 pm »

1 Highly Trained Russian Spy Vs 2 Highly Trained African Assassins?

......RRRRiiiight ::)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 12:52:03 pm »
-------------------
In this one fight no she could not. Marvel and reg started out way back when in the original solicitaion of this series to show us that the black panther was a major player in the marvel u. What is so ironic pretty much all of marvel writers and talent have come aboard and made the black panther a central figure in civil war and we have already been informed that he will be  a major player in planet hulk. Yes your marvel has changed. Like Senty you have to make room for one more heavy hitter and he is the black panther. I heard that his teenage body gaurds can mop the floor with long standing non-powered heroes. I heard a rumor that they were going to beat electra's a** in an upcoming issue but I hate to start internet rumors. lol :D

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 01:21:49 pm »
My only question is in this entore run (and i have the whole run) when have they bee written as red shirts or cannon fodder?   

I have not seen it
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2007, 01:39:14 pm »

2 highly trained African Warriors in an alley, with the element of surprise, don't be silly.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

this quote brings to mind smokey from friday when Cube had just laid the beat down on the bully ;D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2007, 04:48:52 pm »
which one?

1. "That's my dawg...that's my dawg."
                    or

2. "You jus got knocked the **** out!"

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2007, 06:40:45 pm »
Assassins. Teenage girls. Come on. They are Dora Milaje.   ;)
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?