Author Topic: Talking Race: Getting into trouble on othere message boards for even doing so.  (Read 44012 times)

Offline D-LO

• View Profile
Race scares the sh*t out of both white poeple, and the house need-to-grows.

Nighthawk can say and dow hate ver he wants in squadren supreme and nobody complains because the writer is white

The current Blade writer made Blade a half white son of a whore, and has made racial comments while fighting doom.   Nobody cares because the writer is white

Black Panther marries storm,  It is racist.  A white bad guy in a predominate white universe of marvel gets his ass kicked by bP it is racist/  IF BP talks to other like he is a King he is racist..

IF the Wakandans are shown gettign thier haircut or thier hair done, they are acting to african american,   If the wakandans are not living in Huts, they are to western.

Why is that,  It is a Black Man creating these images.   

In many fan-tards eyes,  black people should not have an opinion and should stay in thier place. 

More on this later
Thats pretty much the truth right there!!! Hudlin is making BP stronge and smart and for some reason thats considered wrong in these fan-tards eyes!!!
WHATEVER HAPPENS WILL BE!!!

Offline Static Froggy

• View Profile
i still dontknow why people are hating on black panther and not having read it. maybe im new to this whole comics communityt hingy

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Race scares the sh*t out of both white poeple, and the house need-to-grows.

Nighthawk can say and dow hate ver he wants in squadren supreme and nobody complains because the writer is white

The current Blade writer made Blade a half white son of a whore, and has made racial comments while fighting doom.   Nobody cares because the writer is white

Black Panther marries storm,  It is racist.  A white bad guy in a predominate white universe of marvel gets his ass kicked by bP it is racist/  IF BP talks to other like he is a King he is racist..

IF the Wakandans are shown gettign thier haircut or thier hair done, they are acting to african american,   If the wakandans are not living in Huts, they are to western.

Why is that,  It is a Black Man creating these images.   

In many fan-tards eyes,  black people should not have an opinion and should stay in thier place. 

More on this later
I read alias and while cage "liked" jones he wasn't smitten with her. In fact subtly in the 70's cage had been portraid as a ladies man. In the 80's he had gotten with misty knight briefly when she and danny rand broke up he was able to "handle" the she hulk and today you have reg, detailing cage getting with the black cat on the sofa at his safe house. My point is that cage has always been a manwhore and that after a one night stand in which anal sex was involved one of his conquest that he kind of liked got knocked up. The two characters were in a strange point in their lifes with cage almost dying right? So it makes sence that cage would grow up a little bit do the man thing and take his reponcibilities. Yea he could have been a "babby daddy" and simply paid his child support but come on we all would have been madd pissed off at that. I think it was the better story as well as the most relistic showing of two street gritty characters to have this thrusted upon them. I look forward to that cage mini next year and some lucky mofo is going to have the book of the year on his hands when he tackle the story of these two raising a kid together. God bless that child, she is going to need it with parents like that. Should be a good read though.

I didn't know JACK about this until alluva sudden I saw it in NEW AVENGERS,you know? I didn't know they had anal sex...how did you know that? I never read THE PULSE ever,and now it seems like I have to go back and read like THE PULSE tpbs or something.Fo sho,bluezulu,I woulda been underamused if CAGE became a child support payin baby daddy,not because it isn't REAL,but because it sends the message of a negative stereotype...no,it REENFORCES THE NEGATIVE STEREOTYPE WHICH IS ALREADY HERE.Feel me?

I cosign these here posts fo sho.I don't even need to say anything about my perspectives in this thread cause all of you articulate folks have already said it,for the most part.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: the following observation is not an observation on the entire white race. I shouldn't have to say "some white people" every two minute. That being said, if what I say offends you, then you're probably one of the crackerbrats that I can't stand anyway.

In a sentence, segregation is okay as long as white people are okay with it.

To expound: white people feel comfortable in their comfort zone. They feel as long as they don't say "nigger", they're not racist (at the same time, completely ignoring institutionalized racism). And Because they're not racist, we should all be basking to glow in the white man's tender love. Anything less than that gets their asses up. Back when I was an X-Fan moderator, there were people who were angry, calling me a racist because I attended a historically black college (Florida A&M). I mean, how DARE I attend an institution that's predominately black! Why wouldn't I want to go to school with white people? And that in itself is a racist mindset. These are the same people who will fiercely argue against white privilege, or support "colorblindness", and will label anyone who doesn't fit their Black History Month By Way of Burger King pattern of a good Negro as "part of the problem", or "an embarrassment to your race" (see: lovecrafty).

Hudlin, who helps run a black channel, writes black movies and writes a comic for a black audience is the thorn in these people's asses. Why? Because he can. Because he doesn't kiss lily white ass, he's deemed a racist. What the hell racist has Hudlin ever said? Reginald Hudlin alive and breathing pisses off crackerbrats. People like them don't see the difference between Hudlin and OJ. Oh, they WANT to like him. They really do. That's why they can't stop reading the comic. And oh God, if he would just smile a little more, be a little more gentle, bow a little more, scrape a little more...they'd love him. But he doesn't, and he's STILL one of the most talked about writers in the business, good or bad. And that's why you can't talk about race on comic boards. Because we all know what's up, but they'll never admit to it.

Exactly!  Jenn, your analysis is always a pleasure to read but this post was particularly incisive.

Many of the people who criticize Reg's BP over continuity remind me of those white people who insist the American Civil War was fought over states rights and the slavery thing was just incidental.  Just replace states rights with 'continuity' and slavery with 'a powerful black character'.  I find the respect T'challa presently recieves more inportant than minor continuity gaffes.

Though Reg, if you're reading this, watch you continuity. ;)

Excelsior!
Daoud

OOoooh...that brings up a sore subject with me, about the Civil War thing and people who say it was REALLY about States Rights. When I bring up slavery, their #1 response: the slaves would have been freed eventually. Eventually: today? A year ago? That's like saying, "He would have stopped raping her eventually" or "He would have stopped beating his ass eventually." >:(
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

GrimSkill

they prefer stereotypical images...there was a similar comment recently under BP # 23's comment thread on www.uncannyxmen.net where one said. "......now if BP starts to have lots of imperfections and starts to beat his wife."

Remember when people were talking about one of them having an affair? Preferably BP, of course, because Storm is oh-so-perfect and you know those colored men will screw anything moving.  ::)

......I Still want my Story Arc Where Storm and Emma Frost Switch Bodys some how and can't Switch Back.

Then T'Challa and Ororo have to get used to having sex in and with Emma's Body

It's a Good idea Gosh darnet....

>.>

<.<

>.<

Why do you keep bringing that up?

What are you talking about? This is only the second time ??? :-\

Anyway, Yes I Agree that people hate to feel uncomfortable.

Comicbooks have been "White boy Fantasy" for years and years and years. Infact thats the whole reason it was started

Videogames and Comicbooks are "that Geeky Guy's" Escape from the Real word in which He is considered a Geek by the popular white kids and the Popular white kids don't like him and all listen to Hip Hop and are cool with the Black kids and the Black Jock is Banging that hot white cheerleader girl the Geek has been scared to talk to since the 3rd Grade.

In Comic books and Videogames it's like a safe Haven to him,a way to get away from the popular crowed and see himself in the Role of the Hero and feel good about himself. In Real life he is Screaming in his head to the cheerleader "Why do you accept them but not me!? im your Own Race!! >.<". But in Comics and Videogames he can ALWAYS get the Girl.

BUT what Reg has Done (I don't know if Reg knew if he was intentionally doing this or not) is Create the same thing they see In Real Life. The Black Guy is Getting the Girl and Saving the Day and the Geeks see that they have to share their Fantasy life with the Very people who caused them to jump into this Fantasy life in the First place. :D

In Panther we have the Black highschool Jock Getting the Girl (Storm) and standing toe to toe or kicking their fav Character's behinds and this makes the Geeks Oh so Unsettled :D ;)

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
As far as Jessica...why is she drawn as ugly? She's either ALWAYS drawn as homely or just buttrageous. Heck some issues she looks like Rachel Dratch from Saturday Night Live.

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
cage should have been paired with Misty Knight. I personallyu don't like IR relationships especially in literature. It's like we are being bombarded with that 24/7..eegh

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
cage should have been paired with Misty Knight. I personallyu don't like IR relationships especially in literature. It's like we are being bombarded with that 24/7..eegh

In what way? Can you list some examples? Certainly of the white male/black female variety, but not of the black male/white female variety. That's why its odd the ONE example we have (Cage/Jessica) she's fugly, like that's as good as he could do.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
What are you talking about? This is only the second time 

Anyway, Yes I Agree that people hate to feel uncomfortable.

I heard it at least 3 times counting this one, maybe it was another guy, but I didn't think 2 people would bring it up.  And this isn't about being uncomfortable, it just sound ludicrous, no offense or nothing.

Videogames and Comicbooks are "that Geeky Guy's" Escape from the Real word in which He is considered a Geek by the popular white kids and the Popular white kids don't like him and all listen to Hip Hop and are cool with the Black kids and the Black Jock is Banging that hot white cheerleader girl the Geek has been scared to talk to since the 3rd Grade.

In Comic books and Videogames it's like a safe Haven to him,a way to get away from the popular crowed and see himself in the Role of the Hero and feel good about himself. In Real life he is Screaming in his head to the cheerleader "Why do you accept them but not me!? im your Own Race!! >.<". But in Comics and Videogames he can ALWAYS get the Girl.

BUT what Reg has Done (I don't know if Reg knew if he was intentionally doing this or not) is Create the same thing they see In Real Life. The Black Guy is Getting the Girl and Saving the Day and the Geeks see that they have to share their Fantasy life with the Very people who caused them to jump into this Fantasy life in the First place.

In Panther we have the Black highschool Jock Getting the Girl (Storm) and standing toe to toe or kicking their fav Character's behinds and this makes the Geeks Oh so Unsettled 

That's a cool way to explain the haters, but I don't see how switching minds with Storm and Emma is a good idea.  I mean, the Panther was meant for more noble things than shattering fanboy fantasy's right?
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

I heard it at least 3 times counting this one, maybe it was another guy, but I didn't think 2 people would bring it up.  And this isn't about being uncomfortable, it just sound ludicrous, no offense or nothing.

heh?...........Just so you know, the "what are you talking about" and the "I Agree that people hate to feel uncomfortable" have nothing to do with each other.

The "What are you talking about" was referring to the "why do you keep bringing that up?" Statement you made. I don't Remember anyone Bringing up Emma Frost Switching Body's with Storm more then once in this thread until now of course. Anyway after that I go on to Explane why I agree with most of the posters about this book making people uncomfortable.

That's a cool way to explain the haters, but I don't see how switching minds with Storm and Emma is a good idea.  I mean, the Panther was meant for more noble things than shattering fanboy fantasy's right?

It's a Joke,don't take it seriously.

If that ever happend I would probably Drop the book........actually no I would Probably keep buying just to see where they would go with it.....but I would Burn every issue of the Arc after I was done ;)

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
If that ever happend I would probably Drop the book........actually no I would Probably keep buying just to see where they would go with it.....but I would Burn every issue of the Arc after I was done

Sorry, humor on the internet, especially when pertaining to comics can fly right over my head
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Rasmane

• View Profile
As far as Jessica...why is she drawn as ugly? She's either ALWAYS drawn as homely or just buttrageous...
Because some artists cannot draw an average woman. It's either idealized, comic book gorgeous or ugly-- nothing in between.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
As far as Jessica...why is she drawn as ugly? She's either ALWAYS drawn as homely or just buttrageous. Heck some issues she looks like Rachel Dratch from Saturday Night Live.

I don't really consider her ugly, per se. Just an unconventional beauty.

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
In what way? Can you list some examples? Certainly of the white male/black female variety, but not of the black male/white female variety. That's why its odd the ONE example we have (Cage/Jessica) she's fugly, like that's as good as he could do.

I don't care if they drew here as the beautiful white woman. the black man was made for the black woman. I have never seen a good looking white woman compare in beauty to a good looking black woman.

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
As far as Jessica...why is she drawn as ugly? She's either ALWAYS drawn as homely or just buttrageous...
Because some artists cannot draw an average woman. It's either idealized, comic book gorgeous or ugly-- nothing in between.

Well I can't think of any other examples of "ugliness" besides Jessica at Marvel, which leads me to think it was intentional. On DC's side, they have Mr. Terrific dating Sasha Bordeaux. Not only does she look like Pegasus's (from Yu-Gi-Oh!) long lost twin sister, she dated Batman. If Batman is essentially James Bond, who wants to follow James Bond? Ah well.