Author Topic: Talking Race: Getting into trouble on othere message boards for even doing so.  (Read 49483 times)

Offline Ammar

• View Profile

If you weren't FOR segregation you wouldn't answer my question on why you still live in America with "you don't like it? Come kick my ass!" instead of giving me a solid reason or explain yourself. I know because people like you ALWAYS answer like that.

He doesnt owe you anything. Im requesting something that I got in trouble for over on comicboards but why dont you reproduce this so called post before you go insulting people with such racially insensitive language?? 

IMO it sounds to me like youre taunting these individuals and not taking this disscussion as a real intellectual discourse.  So tell me why this is so??
[/quote]

Haha excuse me?

Who called who a racist?
Who called who a crackerbrat?

Exactly.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Secondly,  there is some shock here to SOME white people in that they were use to "white friendly" writing.  At the same time just because something is pro-black and a strongly black perspective does not make it automatically "anti-white". This is why I myself am puzzled at the amount of hate that SOME posters all over the net post.
Some white people do believe exactly that.  That pro-black IS anti-white.  Some believe (or act as though they believe) that any perspective that differs from their own is unrealistic and thus invalid.  To offer a worldview in which they are secondary or absent is radical if not blasphemous in their view.  Remember the Boomerang example.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Who called who a racist?

To be fair, I believe it started with the retarded and clumsy remarks which were apparently based on a misunderstanding of the original post.  Either way, it ends now.  For everyone, contribute if you have something to say about the matters under discussion.  Stop the juvenile insults and name-calling now.

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
Quote from: kitamu Re on Today at 10:15:59 AM
People were made for loving people, and no-one 'made' us.

once again Black people were made to love black people, are you the architect of creation. did you make yourself, or better yet did you will yourself into being from nothing.

Naw, he was born, just like you.

Last time I checked there was a difference between the words born and made. he stated he wasn't made, which means he does not proscribe to intelligent design. If you believe that as well cool you are entitled to your OPINION.

You do realize there is no biological basis for race and that the notion is a social construct, right?

the words white and black are social constructs, being an african male or african female is biological. Therefore for clarification the african man was made for the african woman.

Which means that your opinions about who "should" love whom don't have any broader validity than whom you choose to love.  

Once again my OPINION is that the African (black) man is made for the African (black) woman. I have not told you or anyone else on this board who you should have sex with (love), If you choose to "love" animals or relations with animals that is your right to do so

Everybody else gets to make their own choices.

that's the point of an opinion you have one like I do ::)

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
Alright, sorry.

As for the original topic at hand. yeah It's pretty weird that some people feel so threatened by Hudlin's run

Offline Moose100

• View Profile

If you weren't FOR segregation you wouldn't answer my question on why you still live in America with "you don't like it? Come kick my ass!" instead of giving me a solid reason or explain yourself. I know because people like you ALWAYS answer like that.

He doesnt owe you anything. Im requesting something that I got in trouble for over on comicboards but why dont you reproduce this so called post before you go insulting people with such racially insensitive language?? 

IMO it sounds to me like youre taunting these individuals and not taking this disscussion as a real intellectual discourse.  So tell me why this is so??

Haha excuse me?

Who called who a racist?

Exactly.
[/quote]

It needs to be said that it was one person that made these comments; not all.  The mockery in your tone no less is probably what led to such comments.  The arrogance in your tone is possibly what tipped the individuals hand.  Im not necessarily supporting what was said to you, but as a tidbit these types of things drives black people nuts IMO.  Its as if anything we say is "under review" by white people. Anything said by us is thus invalid.

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
As for the original topic at hand. yeah It's pretty weird that some people feel so threatened by Hudlin's run

are you one of those individuals. I mean I would take you seriosuly but you admitted you don't buy the book and you don't read the book either. Once you have read a couple of issues I think it will help you to get a feel for what everyone is talking about on the net

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
If you believe that as well cool you are entitled to your OPINION.
That was exactly my point.  I agree completely.

Therefore for clarification the african man was made for the african woman.
Again, I agree completely.  Since all humankind originates from Africa that makes your statement equivalent to Wise Son's.  Agreement all around.

Offline Ammar

• View Profile

are you one of those individuals. I mean I would take you seriosuly but you admitted you don't buy the book and you don't read the book either. Once you have read a couple of issues I think it will help you to get a feel for what everyone is talking about on the net

Do you wish me to be one or what?

I already said that I've read #1 - ca #12, and I didn't find any racial undertones or something like that in the book that were so gross that make people call Hudlin a racist.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
I think thats wrong on so many levels.

If your white I'm not surprised ::)

People were made to love people.

black people were made to love black people,

We were made to love all people.  If we were only meant to love each other then how could black and white people have children?

The color of their skin doesn't invalidate their love or make it wrong.  If the 2 individuals are in love, then thats not all that matters.  Saying the are specifically there to love only people like themselves makes no sense.

The fact that I prefer Black women over white women makes no sense ::)

Your preference is fine, but a rule it is not.

"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
were posts on this topic deleted because I left a post, came home, and now it is gone?

Jenn

Yup.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
ok, I understand.  I just hope you know I was trying to bring everyone together with my post rather than push them apart.  There's no reason we can't disagree without everyone losing their mind  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 04:15:18 pm by newguyontheblock »