Author Topic: Talking Race: Getting into trouble on othere message boards for even doing so.  (Read 44053 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
ok, I understand.  I just hope you know I was trying to bring everyone together with my post rather than push them apart.  There's no reason was can;t disagree without everyone losing their mind  ;D
I know.  But I deleted the posts you were quoting so I went ahead and deleted yours too.  No problem with what you said.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
I really have to use the spell check more often...my typing takes on a life of its own  :o

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Whoawhoawhoa.

Some people think we were all meant to love each other. Some people think we should stick to our own kind.

Some of us think that all women are beautiful. Some of us reserve beauty solely for the sistas?

Some of us believe in a Creator; some of us don't.

Ready? BREAK!
;D Diplomatic Jenn? Interesting...

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Therefore for clarification the african man was made for the african woman.
Again, I agree completely.  Since all humankind originates from Africa that makes your statement equivalent to Wise Son's.  Agreement all around.
Hah! Everyone agrees with me, even when they don't realise they're doing it!

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
it's the Wakandan in ya, bruh.
viva wakanda

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
i just realized that there was a Spell CHeck on this board.
cool.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
As far as Jessica...why is she drawn as ugly? She's either ALWAYS drawn as homely or just buttrageous. Heck some issues she looks like Rachel Dratch from Saturday Night Live.

Heck. Art kinda imitates life here. How many times you seen a brotha with a girl of another ethnicity who is butt ugly or at least no beauty queen? there might actually be a couple of attractive sistas around but the guy chooses the other. I understand the whole "love has no color" theme and all but damn! I could never understand that about some brothas. Beyonce' or Bigfoot? They somehow end up with Bigfoot.

Makes me shake my head in confusion at times.... :)

GrimSkill

Best Believe all the white girls I step out with are Bangin,Im not getting yelled at by my Momma and my Sisters for nothing. But anyway the point is that Regardless,If you see a white Comic Book Guy with a Black Comic book Girl you can bet she is not going to look like Whoopi Goldberg(even tho that seems to be the type a lot of white guys like to date :-\)

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
Best Believe all the white girls I step out with are Bangin, Im not getting yelled at by my Momma and my Sisters for nothing. But anyway the point is that Regardless,If you see a white Comic Book Guy with a Black Comic book Girl you can bet she is not going to look like Whoopi Goldberg(even tho that seems to be the type a lot of white guys like to date :-\)

Really? It has been my observation that white guys are seen mostly with decent to bangin' black women. Every now and then you see them with a Whoopie Goldberg clone (sorry, Whoopie. Bless her heart. :D) but that doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yall act like yall aint smashed some 6 or 7s in yall day ::). Your boy luke just got jammed up with a 7 and did the big thing and owned up to his responsibility. Say what yall want bendis showed the realist negro moment at marvel that year. lol :D

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
If you believe that as well cool you are entitled to your OPINION.
That was exactly my point.  I agree completely.

Again, I agree completely.  Since all humankind originates from Africa that makes your statement equivalent to Wise Son's.  Agreement all around.

Uh, I wouldn't agree. I think Kitamu Re was referring to african men and women of the African Diasporic period over last couple of centuries since the Middle Passage. NOT since the birth of human kind. There have been too many cultural differentiations since then so even if folks don't believe in race we can at least look at cultural groups and the stratifications within those specific groups for this particular discussion.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
Yall act like yall aint smashed some 6 or 7s in yall day ::). Your boy luke just got jammed up with a 7 and did the big thing and owned up to his responsibility. Say what yall want bendis showed the realist negro moment at marvel that year. lol :D

Damn! I told Aquaveeta not to let those pictures get out. How will I ever convince Gabrielle Union to quit her husband and run away with me? Oh, no!  :o

GrimSkill

Best Believe all the white girls I step out with are Bangin, Im not getting yelled at by my Momma and my Sisters for nothing. But anyway the point is that Regardless,If you see a white Comic Book Guy with a Black Comic book Girl you can bet she is not going to look like Whoopi Goldberg(even tho that seems to be the type a lot of white guys like to date :-\)

Really? It has been my observation that white guys are seen mostly with decent to bangin' black women. Every now and then you see them with a Whoopie Goldberg clone (sorry, Whoopie. Bless her heart. :D) but that doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Yes whenever I see a White guy who is married to a Black woman...she is not normally what you would call....Hot.

Not saying white guys can't pull Hot sistas, But it seems like white guys like to Date the Hot ones but Marry the Fuglys and that just Boggles my mind >.<

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
If you believe that as well cool you are entitled to your OPINION.
That was exactly my point.  I agree completely.

Uh, I wouldn't agree. I think Kitamu Re was referring to african men and women of the African Diasporic period over last couple of centuries since the Middle Passage. NOT since the birth of human kind.
Lacking the context to recognize sarcasm is one of the hazards of showing up late.  Not your fault.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Jenn

How will I ever convince Gabrielle Union to quit her husband and run away with me? Oh, no!  :o

Isn't she divorced?