Author Topic: Freedom Writers  (Read 5761 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Freedom Writers
« on: January 05, 2007, 10:11:44 pm »
Anyone check this out that can give some feedback?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Freedom Writers
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:16:31 am »
you mean Dangerous Minds 2007?
nope.

but i saw the previews and like i told my wife, "I don't know what we'd do if we didn't have white women teachers to save us minorities.  Thank the Lord for 'em."

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 06:27:35 am »
I've seen this already in Coach Carter, Dangerous Minds, and of course the classic Lean on Me.  And I enjoyed all those movies, but is this going to basically be the same thing.

Also, is this me or do they release dance movies ever6y year like Save the Last Dance and that Antonio Bandares movie from last year (sorry, I didn't see it)?  I swear they take the same script and just change it a little.  I initially thought Stomp the Yard would fit in this category but maybe I have to through a little bit of drumline in there (another good movie  ;D)

am I crazy?

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 01:40:07 pm »
  I initially thought Stomp the Yard would fit in this category but maybe I have to through a little bit of drumline in there (

You Got Served...In College.

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:21:57 pm »
fu#@ hillary swank, fu$# hollywood and fu$# white people thinking only good looking white women can teach the stereotypical downtrodden how to realease the hidden MC in all of them.  Fu$# black people can't teach their own?  They need some cracker bi$# to show them the way?  Goddammit this sh$# boils my blood when I think about it, I can see all the little cracker teachers I work with going to this and crying and saying, that's me, that's me, we can help those poor negros rise above and to that I say fu$# you you honkey motherfu$#ers.  I do the same job just as well if not better and I am a 300 lb shaved head pissed off brother who could give a fu$# about high heels and shorts skirts.  Fu$#ing cracker a$# motherfu$#ers.  Bah.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 05:28:26 pm »
a crappy movie isn;t worth getting so pissed off over.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 02:31:57 pm »
tell us how u really feel Sam.

300lbs?

Are you a teacher or a body building wrasler?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 04:38:11 pm »
fu#@ hillary swank, fu$# hollywood and fu$# white people thinking only good looking white women can teach the stereotypical downtrodden how to realease the hidden MC in all of them.  Fu$# black people can't teach their own?  They need some cracker bi$# to show them the way?  Goddammit this sh$# boils my blood when I think about it, I can see all the little cracker teachers I work with going to this and crying and saying, that's me, that's me, we can help those poor negros rise above and to that I say fu$# you you honkey motherfu$#ers.  I do the same job just as well if not better and I am a 300 lb shaved head pissed off brother who could give a fu$# about high heels and shorts skirts.  Fu$#ing cracker a$# motherfu$#ers.  Bah.

Sam,

Did you ever see a movie called "Edge of America"? It had the brother who played Fancy on NYPD Blue as teacher on an Indian Reservation. I liked that movie because it was a story you rarely get to see.

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 05:06:18 pm »

Sam,

Did you ever see a movie called "Edge of America"? It had the brother who played Fancy on NYPD Blue as teacher on an Indian Reservation. I liked that movie because it was a story you rarely get to see.

hmm.  I'll IMDB it.  I was always a fan of "stand and deliver" myself.  Thanks panther...

GrimSkill

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 05:51:04 pm »

Wow....This is kind of what went through my head when I saw the preview for this movie. And it seems like all the channels are pushing this movie REALLY hard.

It's not that big of a deal,Another white person comes and saves the Dumb minorities because they can't help themself story. I wish Hollywood would come up with some new Idea ::)

And I thought Hillary Swank would be smart enough to Avoid this Bullet....Guess I was WRONG >.<

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 06:29:50 pm »
And I thought Hillary Swank would be smart enough to Avoid this Bullet....Guess I was WRONG >.<

She won an oscar and then made "The Core".

'Nuff said.
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 06:33:40 pm »
http://www.efilmcritic.com/feature.php?feature=2044 if you want to read about Swank's real life counterpart.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:33:35 pm by newguyontheblock »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 08:29:07 pm »
hahahahahhahahaha...

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 04:13:41 am »

:D :D
You remind me of this article about Blood Diamond and other 'Yay for Whitey' movies,  I read.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Jenn

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36:02 pm »

So, Big Sam...what's on your mind?