Author Topic: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?  (Read 62523 times)

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2007, 04:28:20 am »
Ah yes, "proving" internet manhood. That's a worthy goal.
Exactly. Jenn does her thing, and that's cool, she's good at it and enjoys it. I, on the other hand, really do have far more important things to do.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Jenn

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2007, 04:43:43 am »
Hey now! I'm gifted. I can handle business and smack fools at the same time.

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2007, 04:59:35 am »
And I should give a f*ck about your core...why?

Not to answer for him, but personally I like to avoid being a raging hypocrite.  I realize some might hold themselves to lower standards, as you obviously do, but there it is.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2007, 05:02:52 am »
And I should give a f*ck about your core...why?

Not to answer for him, but personally I like to avoid being a raging hypocrite.  I realize some might hold themselves to lower standards, as you obviously do, but there it is.

Not to answer for her, but personally, I don't see why I need to prove a damn thing to someone on the net I'm never gonna see face to face. I realize some might need that kind of validation, as you obviously do, but there it is.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2007, 05:05:22 am »
Not to answer for her, but personally, I don't see why I need to prove a damn thing to someone on the net I'm never gonna see face to face.

If you can do so, why wouldn't you?

Do you particularly enjoy looking like a hypocrite?

Jenn

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2007, 05:08:59 am »

According to who? You? Why is your opinion so important, n00b?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2007, 05:09:32 am »
Good Morning Action Jackson.
 Welcome to the HEF.
  So, what forum are you from?  And are you Pro or Anti-Panther?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2007, 05:13:09 am »
Not to answer for her, but personally, I don't see why I need to prove a damn thing to someone on the net I'm never gonna see face to face.

If you can do so, why wouldn't you?

lol Jenn beat me to it. I can't even give half a damn what I look like to YOU, or anyone else for that matter. Thought I made that clear with the first post. *shrugs* But still, happy hunting for that validation.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2007, 05:16:49 am »
Hey now! I'm gifted. I can handle business and smack fools at the same time.
Definitely. I'm just not as good at multi-tasking (believe me, I've been screwing up enough stuff lately), so I really can't distract myself by trying to wage a pointless flamewar.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2007, 05:17:32 am »

Can you perhaps explain to me, Dora, why words are inherently more racist than actions?  The Oats guy typed a racial slur, while you openly hate white people and would never debase yourself by dating one.  He's a racist, and you are not.  Am I understanding this correctly?  If you would, I'd like to be walked through the your logical thought progression, step by step.  I've always heard that actions speak louder than words, but you clearly do not believe so.

I realize you have a bizarre aversion to answering questions, but I'd really like to understand where you're coming from.

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2007, 05:19:57 am »

Can you perhaps explain to me, Dora, why words are inherently more racist than actions?  The Oats guy typed a racial slur, while you openly hate white people and would never debase yourself by dating one.  He's a racist, and you are not.  Am I understanding this correctly?  If you would, I'd like to be walked through the your logical thought progression, step by step.  I've always heard that actions speak louder than words, but you clearly do not believe so.

I realize you have a bizarre aversion to answering questions, but I'd really like to understand where you're coming from.

Wow. You really think you're owed answers around here, huh?

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2007, 05:21:12 am »
lol Jenn beat me to it. I can't even give half a damn what I look like to YOU, or anyone else for that matter. Thought I made that clear with the first post. *shrugs* But still, happy hunting for that validation.

You misunderstand.  I'm not saying that you appear to be a hypocrite.  I'm saying that, as things stand, you ARE a hypocrite.  Undeniably, certifiably, and objectively, you are a hypocrite.  Now, if my words and actions proved me a hypocrite, but I knew there was an explanation for it, I would want to clarify.  Again, I understand that some people don't hold themselves to the same high standard.  I get that.

ON EDIT:

I had almost forgotten that you were replying in place of Dora.  I want to apologize for calling you a hypocrite.  I've not actually read enough of your posts to make such a judgment.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 05:25:19 am by Action Jackson »

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2007, 05:22:43 am »
Wow. You really think you're owed answers around here, huh?

Like I said, I realize that she has an aversion to answering questions. 

I guess I'm not sure what I expected from a hypocritical racist.  Ever the optimist, I am.

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2007, 05:24:39 am »
He wants validation while being simultaneously judgemental. :D This is gonna be fun.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2007, 05:27:42 am »
 :)

It seems a veritable cacophony of caucasian malcontents has erupted and its reverberations are being felt throughout the Marvel Universe or at least, the comic book internet universe. Their discontent with Hudlin, the Black Panther, his "shotgun wedding" to Storm...everything that black man has done and that his black fans want him to do has just become intolerable and "everybody" just isn't going to take it anymore.

They wish.

I haven't yet read all of the posts in this thread. I see our dear brother supreme has been at it again. I'm such a slow reader, it will take me two days just to get halfway through one of his prodigious posts  :) I'm not even going to try to get up to speed with the particulars of what the "quacking ducks" are up to now. No doubt, it is just more of the same stupid or laughably forgettable nonsense they usually post when they feel that they have been stung by the "reverse racism" of Hudlin's Black Panther.

I did happen to glance at some of the messages being posted to that other board and quickly became bored while doing so. It's more of the same prejudiced, bigoted bull. More kneejerk criticisms of a writer's work on a book that many of them don't even read anyway. One sure-fire way to combat "everybody's" campaign to discredit Hudlin and the Panther publication is to support both through our continued purchases of the product. "Everybody" can't beat us. If "everybody" can't beat us, they still may not want to join us, but who really gives a damn anyway?
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther