Author Topic: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?  (Read 63197 times)

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
Re: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2007, 05:28:14 am »
He wants validation while being simultaneously judgemental. :D This is gonna be fun.

What need do I have for validation?  I'm not the one spewing out racist garbage and going on hate-filled tirades. 

I'm being judgmental of Dora, the hate-spewing racist.  I apologize for being less than accepting of racism.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2007, 05:30:46 am »
Good Morning Action Jackson.
 Welcome to the HEF.
  So, what forum are you from?  And are you Pro or Anti-Panther?

Action has posted here before MM. He had questions for me concerning something I've since forgotten. But the posts are around here somewhere.
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2007, 05:32:14 am »
Action has posted here before MM. He had questions for me concerning something I've since forgotten. But the posts are around here somewhere.

I meant to reply to that, but got caught up in a film project and didn't have much internet time.  I only vaguely remember what it was about now.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2007, 05:34:12 am »

I meant to reply to that, but got caught up in a film project and didn't have much internet time.  I only vaguely remember what it was about now.

Ah well. We'll call it even then  ;)

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2007, 05:36:14 am »
I remember your reply had something to do with jazz history, which I only remember because it stood out (I've played jazz drums since I was six).

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2007, 05:41:16 am »
He always says it is not about race ans yet  always works race into every one of his post.

Not to mention that the Anybody who actually likes this current run of hudlin's (I.e.  majority  who frequents this board)  he usually infers racism on their part.  Go to comic boards and look how many threads he has contributed to,

Poster a says :  the  sky is blue in panel 3  on page 4 of black  panther 23

That guy:  IT was blue until Hudlin touched it even though i have not read the book in months.   

:D Outstanding!!!!  :D

In my always humble opinion, your description of such an exchange is essentially accurate as an example of the "party line" the "everybodys" post when responding to any positive comment about Hudlin's Black Panther.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2007, 05:48:57 am »
Well waking up to do my e-job before heading to my real one, I have to again ask exactly what all of these post about racial dating and living locations have to do with the black panther, this book or the writer. As it relates to the title of the thread pointing to racist behavior and comments from other boards about this writer, the book or the character is valid and on point. Lets try to get the discussion back focused on the original thread title and less on each other.

I hope someone archive the post from the three headed monster. He is going to want to step back from that statment, in the fututre I promise you. The hypocisy of the "hudlin haters" is remarkable as they bestow expectaions on reggie hudlin as a man that they are not even able to do in one thread.

the real honest FACTS.

Reggie Hudlin's contribution to mankind>>>>>>>>> the three headed monster's contribution
Reggie Hudlin's legacy>>>>>>>>>>>>> The three headed monster's legacy
Reggie Hudlin's bankaccount>>>>>>>>>>The three headed monster's bankaccount
Reggie Hudlin's creativity>>>>>>>>>>>>>The three headed monster" creativity (remember they want everything to be carbon copies of priest"
Reggie Hudlin's e reputation>>>>>>>>>>>>The three headed monster's e-rep
Reggie Hudlin's support (through the industry and fans)>>>>>>> The three headed monster's support (one of which ran for a public office and lost)

so with all of the losses that the three headed monster's have taken through the course of the two year mission they have been on, you would think they would give it up. But it's good to see they win at one thing.

The three headed monsters loss tally>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The HEFFA's losses for the year. :)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2007, 05:50:14 am »
I remember your reply had something to do with jazz history, which I only remember because it stood out (I've played jazz drums since I was six).

I have found the posts. Fortunately, you have only 9 posts...so it was easy to review your posting history. You registered specifically for the purpose of taking me to task about something I said...or rather, something you may have thought I'd said.

The thread is...now I've forgotten the title just as I was about to type it! But it has something about "rants" in it.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2007, 05:51:39 am »
locked untill after I talk to he admin.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2007, 07:11:24 am »
You misunderstand.  I'm not saying that you appear to be a hypocrite.  I'm saying that, as things stand, you ARE a hypocrite.  Undeniably, certifiably, and objectively, you are a hypocrite. 
Because things are always as they appear until proven otherwise, right?  Your "logic" is nonsense.  You (and others) have perceived something you think might be racist in Dora Milaje's statement and asked, nay, demanded further explanation.  She has declined.  End of story.  You are obviously free to form whatever opinion you will but your opinion is not undeniable, certifiable, or objective.  Cease and desist hurling insults at individual members no matter how justified you think you are. 

If you wish to discuss the words and ideas that you think are racist, do so in civil terms and without ad hominem attacks.  This is the rule of the forum.  I am sorry to single you out for reprimand on this as you have not been the only offender.  This seemed like the best recent example.  Maybe you can think of it as taking one for the team.  If you want to discuss this further, please PM me.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2007, 07:15:48 am »
"taking one for the team."

hahaha...that's rich.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Action Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2007, 07:35:59 am »
Because things are always as they appear until proven otherwise, right?

Essentially, yes.  Things are generally taken at face value unless shown otherwise.  When is this not the case?

That's why I ask questions and give people a chance to clarify.  If they feign offense and get self-righteous in their refusal to clarify, what reason do I have to assume that what I've seen at face value is in any way misleading?

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2007, 07:39:58 am »
That's why I ask questions and give people a chance to clarify.  If they feign offense and get self-righteous in their refusal to clarify, what reason do I have to assume that what I've seen at face value is in any way misleading?

do you read black panther 8)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2007, 07:50:56 am »

Essentially, yes.  Things are generally taken at face value unless shown otherwise.  When is this not the case?

And why in the blue hell do you warrant an explanation of a personal choice (that is none of our business by definition) anyway?  Because you say so?

Who are you to demand (that's what you are doing not asking) anything?

Get a grip, for God's sake. You're embarrassing yourself.

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2007, 08:04:47 am »

And why in the blue hell do you warrant an explanation of a personal choice (that is none of our business by definition) anyway?  Because you say so?

Who are you to demand (that's what you are doing not asking) anything?

Get a grip, for God's sake. You're embarrassing yourself.

I don't blame him.

If I said something in the lines of "I would never degrade myself or my bloodline by dating a black girl" then wouldn't you want to know why?