Author Topic: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?  (Read 53267 times)

Offline Thatguy

• View Profile
Re: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2007, 05:59:29 pm »
Wow. They've pretty much declared war on black people.

No shock there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with his opinion, and he's free to feel however he wants. It just disappoints me that "nigger" is always the go-to insult when a black person is concerned. So unoriginal. We're a pretty progressive race of people - haven't we earned a new slur yet? How OLD is nigger? We've sent men to the moon and have pens that write underwater and cars that don't needs gasoline to run, but white folks are still using the same tired-ass slur?

(Naturally, someone came in and locked the thread, but not until much, much later. Poor little crackerbrats. Never able to take what they dish out so freely. And mind you, *I'm* still the one getting the most sh*t.)

Some of the attitudes expressed at the Heroescat were terribly disrespectful and borderline racist at best, agreed. That's why I drifted to the outside of the discussion towards the end.

But in the interests of fairness, you're hardly exempt on that regard, Dora Milaje. As of yet, you haven't explained why dating a white man is disrespectful to your father.

Jenn

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2007, 06:01:19 pm »
But in the interests of fairness, you're hardly exempt on that regard, Dora Milaje. As of yet, you haven't explained why dating a white man is disrespectful to your father.

That's right; I haven't.

Offline Thatguy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2007, 06:12:58 pm »
And why might that be?

Jenn

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2007, 06:15:13 pm »
Because I don't have to. That's pretty much all it boils down to. The more someone speaks to me as if I owe him some sort of explanation, the more determined I get not to give it to him. I don't owe anybody jack sh*t, and if I want to make a statement and not expound on it to a bunch of whiny ass entitled crackerbrats who apparently are DEVASTATED that I have no desire to be some white man's exotic chocolate jungle bunny fantasy, I can. Now, run your ass back to the plantation and tell them exactly what I said.

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2007, 06:26:08 pm »

Honestly, I find this funny as hell...

In my time I've only had white dudes yell that slur at me (grew up in Dallas, TX) while throwing empty beer bottles.  It's generally not very funny in that context.  But this...  I wish I could here them saying something like this among themselves.  This is some funny stuff.

Jenn

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2007, 06:29:03 pm »
You're from Dallas!?!? I am too!!!!!!!! What high school, and when did you graduate? We moved out to the boonies and I wound up at North Mesquite from 1996 to 2000. The good thing about NMHS is that white folks hated black folks so much (and vice versa) that they didn't even bother acknowledging our existence - which was WAY better than today's method of bothering the f*ck out of you and not shutting the hell up EVER. Then again, the alternative was either Woodrow Wilson or Bryan Adams High School (School motto: "Hey, It Beats a GED!").

Honestly, I find this funny as hell...

Oh, the funnier part is later in the thread. Nothing is funnier than white people trying to justify calling black people niggers. His argument is that him calling me a nigger is the same thing as me saying that I don't date white men. Riiiiiiiiiight.

In my time I've only had white dudes yell that slur at me (grew up in Dallas, TX) while throwing empty beer bottles.  It's generally not very funny in that context.

No sh*t. I don't know what makes people think that Dallas is so integrated. Bullsh*t. Black people are from like...three neighborhoods in Dallas, and all of them are located in the 5th f*cking level of Hell. Everyone else? White and Mexican. If we hadn't had the Mexicans, living anywhere in Dallas County would've been completely unbearable.

But this...  I wish I could here them saying something like this among themselves.  This is some funny stuff.

What kills me is how black people are automatically supposed to flip out and lose our sh*t just because some dumb white kid tried to be controversial. As if we've never been called niggers before. C'mon, now. Step your racism game up, son! Impress me!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 06:41:11 pm by Dora Milaje »

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2007, 06:34:15 pm »
That's right; I haven't.

that was priceless...thatguy was patting himself on the back the other day calling himself the president of the hudlin haters fan club..thatguy and his ilk remind me of moldy bread ;D

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2007, 06:35:41 pm »
Wow. They've pretty much declared war on black people.

No shock there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with his opinion, and he's free to feel however he wants. It just disappoints me that "nigger" is always the go-to insult when a black person is concerned. So unoriginal. We're a pretty progressive race of people - haven't we earned a new slur yet? How OLD is nigger? We've sent men to the moon and have pens that write underwater and cars that don't needs gasoline to run, but white folks are still using the same tired-ass slur?

(Naturally, someone came in and locked the thread, but not until much, much later. Poor little crackerbrats. Never able to take what they dish out so freely. And mind you, *I'm* still the one getting the most sh*t.)

Some of the attitudes expressed at the Heroescat were terribly disrespectful and borderline racist at best, agreed. That's why I drifted to the outside of the discussion towards the end.

If that is bullsh*t they had to say over there was borferline racist, I sure as hell would hate to see what you think is full blown racist,  oh wait, your the guy on comicboards who think everything that Hudlin says or does with BP is racist.  Now i get it.    :o
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Griminal Intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2007, 06:40:10 pm »
Tony Romowned!

BTW black people are all over Dallas. Just becauase you only ran in the Cliff or PG doesn't mean some of us aren't in those "other" places.

Then again some of us don't like to insulate ourselves with only other black people.

Jenn

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2007, 06:41:51 pm »
And your point is...what?

that was priceless...thatguy was patting himself on the back the other day calling himself the president of the hudlin haters fan club..

Hey, everybody has to have a goal. Some of us want to be doctors, other lawyers, and still others want to be the King of Haters when it comes to a guy who can buy and sell their pathetic asses. Can't knock the hustle.

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2007, 06:43:32 pm »
man i haven't seen so many trolls since the war in korea
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Griminal Intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2007, 06:44:08 pm »
You were in Korea?  My Great uncle was too!  What unit?

Jenn

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2007, 06:44:56 pm »

I give HeroChat credit for sending over their Token Negro, myself. Perhaps this is a part of their inevitable "black people versus niggers" argument. I just wonder if Griminal is being paid with fried chicken, watermelon or malt liquor.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2007, 06:45:23 pm »

Borderline?  I don't suppose you challenged any of them on their "borderline racist" views?  You know what, never mind.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Jenn

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2007, 06:46:52 pm »
I don't suppose you challenged any of them on their "borderline racist" views?

Of COURSE not! That was my job! Or something.  ::)