Author Topic: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?  (Read 61385 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2007, 06:49:11 pm »
Then again some of us don't like to insulate ourselves with only other black people.
Or any other black people.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Online supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2007, 06:54:42 pm »
We should be so lucky.  ::)

God, I wish the crackerbrats would step their game up. They all do the same sh*t. Come in, make stupid comments, try that 'reverse racism' sh*t, cry that we treat them mean, and then leave. f*ck, crackerbrats - do a trick or something. Bring some food. Say something RELEVANT. Anything other than the same STUPID sh*t. We're starting to get bored with y'all.

The funny thing is Lady Zulu: That Since I've arrived, I haven't even spoken up a WORD about Hudlin or his run on Black Panther.

And still you call me white, crackerbrat and sh*t like that.

So the question is: Where did you come up with the conclusion that I "am a white male who fears the black man and his role as my equal"?

One thing I've found about the internet...is the multiple cases of people calling people out: "Walk the walk....." and not knowing how beat there asses would be if they met some of the people they talk sh*t to. I've met some people who've talked big sh*t about me in person....it mostly ends with them studdering all over themselves and saying "I didn't mean it that way man." I agree with sinjection completely with the root causes of all this....racism. By the way happy birthday Jenn. Represent the D!

whatup Ammar,I am the Supreme Illuminati.Happy Bday Dora.Whas crackalackalatin,big sinjection?! you know we missed you big dawg!

Very brief ILLUMINATION (well,at least for me,anyway,lol):

In regards to board to board battle...there are many and plenty of HEFfers whom have slain innumerable foolish mortals in some of the most duanting and ignorant wastes of the internet hinterlands.These include Dora,bluezulu,Yaw,Grim,sinjection,and many more..since I responded to a similar request in a similar thread on this page,if you would look about you would find a more comprehensive listing.Simply roam about onsite,and you will find many questions answered before you posed them. I assure you,there are no lack of intellectual juggernauts here,and categorically no hesitance in regard to the convictions we collectively share or the will to defend them against all comers,in the most literal sense.

Furthermore,in my experience,the individuals whom I have found to be the most verbally nauseating are almost always the same people whom would NEVER have the pluck,the character,the courage to spew their stupidities in the immediate presence of those whom they are disparaging.I assure you that more than 90% of those whom tend toward this behaviour would find that if they spoke aloud their stupidities to the group whom they defame--particular Black people--the results would be very painful for the offender.That's why these keyboard cowards hide behind their computer screens and spew their venom...and this very action for the most part (not every time,but almost every time) automatically marks them as beneath our notice.I wouldn't even deign to allow them to dirty my knuckles with their faces...as I utilize my skills upon those whom are worthy of the abilities I and others have honed in such endeavors. Conversely,those whom DO have the strength of their convictions tend NOT to behave like these ludicrous children whom indulge in threads like those highlighted here in this discussion.Endeth illumination.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2007, 06:56:13 pm »
You're from Dallas!?!? I am too!!!!!!!! What high school, and when did you graduate? We moved out to the boonies and I wound up at North Mesquite from 1996 to 2000. The good thing about NMHS is that white folks hated black folks so much (and vice versa) that they didn't even bother acknowledging our existence - which was WAY better than today's method of bothering the f*ck out of you and not shutting the hell up EVER.

Eww Mesquite.  I'm sorry.  :'(  But I wasn't too far away.  I grew up in SE Dallas, Pleasant Grove.  My neighborhood high school was Samuel but I went to Skyline and graduated in 96.

Oh, the funnier part is later in the thread. Nothing is funnier than white people trying to justify calling black people niggers. His argument is that him calling me a nigger is the same thing as me saying that I don't date white men. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Of course it is.  Not making yourself freely available to white people is the ultimate sin.  It makes you a racist and bigot.  My high school Mexican teacher who married a white woman compared me to the KKK when I told him I dont date white girls.  I sure as hell didn't say about what he should be doing but it was sure ok for him to make that comparison.

No sh*t. I don't know what makes people think that Dallas is so integrated. Bullsh*t. Black people are from like...three neighborhoods in Dallas, and all of them are located in the 5th f*cking level of Hell. Everyone else? White and Mexican. If we hadn't had the Mexicans, living anywhere in Dallas County would've been completely unbearable.

Yeah it wasn't that bad where I lived during my day.  My parents said when they first moved to the neighborhood it was a lower income all white community.  So cleaning eggs off  the house thrown by neighborhood kids was pretty common.  It came to a head when my older brother was a baby and a brick was thrown through the window and almost hit him.  My dad lost it and got the shotgun and chased down some kids lol.  By the time I came on the scene there were more blacks and mexicans in the neighborhood.  By the time I hit highschool it was mostly a black/mexican neighborhood.  Now I here the old neighborhood is Little Mexico.

What kills me is how black people are automatically supposed to flip out and lose our sh*t just because some dumb white kid tried to be controversial. As if we've never been called niggers before. C'mon, now. Step your racism game up, son! Impress me!

yeah its hard for me to get pissed at some racist remarks.  I only get riled up when physical danger is involved.  But yeah "nigger" is so weak of an insult.  It's like someone says the word and a black person's world is suppose to just go quiet for a sec and then they just get mad.  Eff that. Try harder.  I grew up playing the dozens.  If that is all you got then when I start talking about you and yo momma, you are going to start crying (or swinging).

Offline Griminal Intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2007, 06:57:43 pm »
So would that be a 1 or 2 lux illumination?

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2007, 07:00:09 pm »
Some of the attitudes expressed at the Heroescat were terribly disrespectful and borderline racist at best, agreed. That's why I drifted to the outside of the discussion towards the end.

Borderline?  I don't suppose you challenged any of them on their "borderline racist" views?  You know what, never mind.

you know I was thinking the same thing.  seriously "borderline racist at best?"  That speaks volumes about his mentality.  thanks Cool thatguy for sharing.  I now have a better picture of how you think.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2007, 07:08:32 pm »

Honestly, I find this funny as hell...

In my time I've only had white dudes yell that slur at me (grew up in Dallas, TX) while throwing empty beer bottles.  It's generally not very funny in that context.  But this...  I wish I could here them saying something like this among themselves.  This is some funny stuff.

I had a similar experience some years ago while in High School in Downey California...which,at the time,had the highest concentration of Klansmen in the Middle Cities (heads like RH and I whom live out here knows that the Middle Cities comprise areas like Carson,Torrance,Downey,Compton--the mian hub city--and others).Alas for the 4 offenders,not only did I manage to snare one of the hurled bottles,I was and remain a sprinter.This bodes particularly poorly for you if you're NOT a sprinter and within 800 meters of me.What occured was precisely the kind of painfully physical revelation that I alluded to earlier,should the intellectually insufficient persons from HeroChat be so foolish as to voice their disdain aloud in the presence of a Black person whom is predisposed to disapprove of them...intensely.
So would that be a 1 or 2 lux illumination?

This would not be a 1 or 2 lux illumination,my friend...but the suprerme form of illumination.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Thatguy

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2007, 07:09:09 pm »
Some of the attitudes expressed at the Heroescat were terribly disrespectful and borderline racist at best, agreed. That's why I drifted to the outside of the discussion towards the end.

Borderline?  I don't suppose you challenged any of them on their "borderline racist" views?  You know what, never mind.

you know I was thinking the same thing.  seriously "borderline racist at best?"  That speaks volumes about his mentality.  thanks Cool thatguy for sharing.  I now have a better picture of how you think.

Yeah, means I don't give a damn to defend Hudlin, a man who proudly race baits to deflect all critics of his writing. Such a coward of a man he had to create the handle 'Muddy Boots', rather than stand by his opinions. Hudlin's more than brought it on himself. He's reaped what he's sown, and I really don't care to stand inbetween that, no matter how bored.

And once again, I see a fandom here all too ready to drink the Kool-Aid. As of yet, no one has challenged Dora's statement that dating white men would be disrespectful to her father. Says alot more about the people posting here than my general indifference to a writer destroying a character I like.

Offline Griminal Intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2007, 07:10:32 pm »

This would not be a 1 or 2 lux illumination,my friend...but the suprerme form of illumination.

Jesus after resurrection?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2007, 07:14:01 pm »
Can someone clarify how Grim is the "token black guy". The insuation that he is the only black poster at HC.

Does the number of Black people on a board that insults same with regularity and passion translate into some form of relevance? Perhaps the fact that I eschew these kinds of interactions and board to board/board v board "discussions" impacts my understanding here,but...why do/would we care about opinions that are so mired in ignorance,racism,childishness,and the like that we would take time from our more productive schedules to respond? Those whom are swayed by such drivel,I would assume,deserve whatever the consequences are,and basically good riddance.

Yeah, means I don't give a damn to defend Hudlin, a man who proudly race baits to deflect all critics of his writing. Such a coward of a man he had to create the handle 'Muddy Boots', rather than stand by his opinions. Hudlin's more than brought it on himself. He's reaped what he's sown, and I really don't care to stand inbetween that, no matter how bored.

And once again, I see a fandom here all too ready to drink the Kool-Aid. As of yet, no one has challenged Dora's statement that dating white men would be disrespectful to her father. Says alot more about the people posting here than my general indifference to a writer destroying a character I like.

Thatguy,what is your name? I only ask because you are calling RH cowardly for engaging in precisely the kind of anonymity and priviledge that you and I and millions upon millions of other internet users engage upon routinely.In fact,a major aspect of the appeal of the internet is the psuedo-fantasy of screen names that are imaginative and provide a form of anonymity that we don't enjoy in our daily lives.If you are to disrespect RH for doing what you are doing now--voicing your thoughts behind a screen name--then you are simultaneously disrespecting yourself.Have you thought of that? I am genuinely interested in your response.I believe you might recall that I am even tempered and I honestly mean the questions that I ask,without malice.

Btw,my name is Ras.Jambo...one and all.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 07:49:30 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2007, 07:30:46 pm »

I thank you for showing your true colors, as it were.  Every now and then you get to see the naked truth.  Unfortunately, it's not even shocking but it is revealing. 
Dora's statement is her choice, plain and simple.  It requires no challenge nor explanation. 
I don't think I have anything else to say to you.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2007, 07:42:16 pm »
Ha! Cool! I got mentioned! Hi chad! No, wait, I gotta do it like him and say "Dear" and "Sweetheart".  Yeah, being condescending makes you look TOUGH! Right chad? Honey?
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2007, 07:50:08 pm »
Ha! Cool! I got mentioned! Hi chad! No, wait, I gotta do it like him and say "Dear" and "Sweetheart".  Yeah, being condescending makes you look TOUGH! Right chad? Honey?

Hahahaha!!
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Thatguy

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2007, 07:51:29 pm »
I thank you for showing your true colors, as it were.  Every now and then you get to see the naked truth.  Unfortunately, it's not even shocking but it is revealing.  
Dora's statement is her choice, plain and simple.  It requires no challenge nor explanation.  
I don't think I have anything else to say to you.

I'm not argueing that she need find white men attractive. Indeed, the fact that someone somehow be required to find only someone of the same ethnic ground attarctive offends me to my core. Who you love is who you love. Outside obvious extremes (minors, animals and the mentally handicap), society should have no say over your heart.

Rather, I'm asking why dating a white man would be disrespectful to her father, and one presumes, her family and herself.

[quoteThatguy,what is your name? I only ask because you are calling RH cowardly for engaging in precisely the kind of anonymity and priviledge that you and I and millions upon millions of other internet users engage upon routinely.In fact,a major aspect of the appeal of the internet is the psuedo-fantasy of screen names that are imaginative and provide a form of anonymity that we don't enjoy in our daily lives.If you are to disrespect RH for doing what you are doing now--voicing your thoughts behind a screen name--then you are simultaneously disrespecting yourself.Have you thought of that? I am genuinely interested in your response.I believe you might recall that I am even tempered and I honestly mean the questions that I ask,without malice.

Btw,my name is Ras.Jambo...one and all.][/quote]

You bring up a valid point, S.I., and I'm inclined to agree with you, to a degree. I keep my name concealed because I've heard one too many stories about data miners, bosses who dreg up what employees do online, etc. to really feel comfortable using my given name freely. As a result and unlike Hudlin, I don't have to carry the burden of what I say online in public. However, there are two important differences between us.

First, I'm well aware of the questionable honesty of my using a screen name. That's why I make a point to use some variation of 'Thatguy' on whatever board I use and use only that name. I've done it on heroes, here, newsarama, heroes board and others I'm forgetting. Anything I've said, I stand by.

Second, lets suppose somehow (impossibly as we're referring to opinion) I were 100% right about my opinions on Hudlin's writing. Even if I were, it wouldn't matter one damn bit. I disappear online tomorrow and few would care. I'm just another face in the crowd.

Hudlin, isn't, by any means. Mr. Hudlin is the book's writer, a man of much higher status with regards to the book and much higher profile, inside the comicbook industry and outside. Everyone who knows of the book knows Mr. Hudlin, and therefor pretending to be someone else in addition to himself is a cowardly act. I've made a point to state that Hudlin isn't morally required to answer his critics, but I do feel that when he answers his critics (and that's being kind to his Muddy Boots actions), he ought to stand by his opinions.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2007, 07:51:38 pm »

Yeah, means I don't give a damn to defend Hudlin, a man who proudly race baits to deflect all critics of his writing. Such a coward of a man he had to create the handle 'Muddy Boots', rather than stand by his opinions.

Sounds like he did that to screw with his haters, and judging by your post...it worked!

Hudlin's more than brought it on himself. He's reaped what he's sown, and I really don't care to stand inbetween that, no matter how bored.

Brought what on himself? He's still employed, he's still writing BP. Sounds like your issue is with Joey Q, the man who could put into process Hudlin getting fired. Good luck with that.

Why SHOULD someone challenge Dora's statement? Cause you say so? You hope to change her mind? Why? You want to feel justified, pop in your favorite porn tape or something, but don't look for it here.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2007, 08:21:58 pm »
Rather, I'm asking why dating a white man would be disrespectful to her father, and one presumes, her family and herself.
You can ask.  She declined to answer.  End of story.  Any conclusions you draw about that fact pattern is speculation.

Hudlin, isn't, by any means. Mr. Hudlin is the book's writer, a man of much higher status with regards to the book and much higher profile, inside the comicbook industry and outside. Everyone who knows of the book knows Mr. Hudlin, and therefor pretending to be someone else in addition to himself is a cowardly act. I've made a point to state that Hudlin isn't morally required to answer his critics, but I do feel that when he answers his critics (and that's being kind to his Muddy Boots actions), he ought to stand by his opinions.
If he were only answering critics via alias or saying something different than he has openly stated, you might have a point.  As that is not the case, I'm willing to take him at his word that the Muddy Boots incident was a error in judgment on his part that he won't be repeating.  Where you ascribe cowardice, I simply see a mistake.