Author Topic: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?  (Read 62609 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2007, 08:27:15 pm »
I thank you for showing your true colors, as it were.  Every now and then you get to see the naked truth.  Unfortunately, it's not even shocking but it is revealing.  
Dora's statement is her choice, plain and simple.  It requires no challenge nor explanation.  
I don't think I have anything else to say to you.

I'm not argueing that she need find white men attractive. Indeed, the fact that someone somehow be required to find only someone of the same ethnic ground attarctive offends me to my core. Who you love is who you love. Outside obvious extremes (minors, animals and the mentally handicap), society should have no say over your heart.

Rather, I'm asking why dating a white man would be disrespectful to her father, and one presumes, her family and herself.

[quoteThatguy,what is your name? I only ask because you are calling RH cowardly for engaging in precisely the kind of anonymity and priviledge that you and I and millions upon millions of other internet users engage upon routinely.In fact,a major aspect of the appeal of the internet is the psuedo-fantasy of screen names that are imaginative and provide a form of anonymity that we don't enjoy in our daily lives.If you are to disrespect RH for doing what you are doing now--voicing your thoughts behind a screen name--then you are simultaneously disrespecting yourself.Have you thought of that? I am genuinely interested in your response.I believe you might recall that I am even tempered and I honestly mean the questions that I ask,without malice.

Btw,my name is Ras.Jambo...one and all.]

You bring up a valid point, S.I., and I'm inclined to agree with you, to a degree. I keep my name concealed because I've heard one too many stories about data miners, bosses who dreg up what employees do online, etc. to really feel comfortable using my given name freely. As a result and unlike Hudlin, I don't have to carry the burden of what I say online in public. However, there are two important differences between us.

First, I'm well aware of the questionable honesty of my using a screen name. That's why I make a point to use some variation of 'Thatguy' on whatever board I use and use only that name. I've done it on heroes, here, newsarama, heroes board and others I'm forgetting. Anything I've said, I stand by.

Second, lets suppose somehow (impossibly as we're referring to opinion) I were 100% right about my opinions on Hudlin's writing. Even if I were, it wouldn't matter one damn bit. I disappear online tomorrow and few would care. I'm just another face in the crowd.

Hudlin, isn't, by any means. Mr. Hudlin is the book's writer, a man of much higher status with regards to the book and much higher profile, inside the comicbook industry and outside. Everyone who knows of the book knows Mr. Hudlin, and therefor pretending to be someone else in addition to himself is a cowardly act. I've made a point to state that Hudlin isn't morally required to answer his critics, but I do feel that when he answers his critics (and that's being kind to his Muddy Boots actions), he ought to stand by his opinions.
[/quote]

Firstly,thank you for your response,Thatguy...I appreciate the lucidity and calmness and honesty that your response demonstrated.I hope to look forward to more discussions with you that reveal more of the same.

Obviously,we differ on how we look at RH's actions.We both agree that it was at least an ill-advised action on his part (and we aren't the only ones,as there was an entire thread to that very thing which emphasized our disagreement with the action) but we disagree with it for different reasons.I would say that Muddy Boots simply provided RH an option to express what surely must be some seething annoyances with the fanbratti collective.I would agree with you that RH's profile is significantly higher than most internet posters,but I would point out that this places restrictions on on'e's actions that are simply not there for you and I...restrictions that could and would impact the manner and method and even forthrightness of RH's responses. I would ask you to consider,Thatguy,the following perspective:

RH has been ridiculed by many internet ignoramuses whom have spewed all manner of unsubstantiated foolishness about him and his book since its inception...including personal attacks and the most preposterous claims about the book,what is written about it,and in particular the racism of RH and the quality of his writing.The reasons that I bring this perspective up and keep emphasizing it is because none of us comic fans are actually EMPLOYED by the comic industry,so the reactions of fans to a new offering like BP is important not only to the integrity of the artists involved but also to the bottom line check that each receives for their endeavors.Posters like you and I and 99.9% of RH BP haters are not employed by MU,so we are free to spray whatever drivel we wish without reflection of the ramifications.I would submit,Thatguy,that were you to be roundly criticized by persons whom are thoroughly unaware of your work,and said criticism also included direct attacks upon your person i n the most offensive ways imaginable FOR YEARS...and this ignorace was indeed seeping into sites and areas that you frequent,and which could actually poison the minds of impressionable new readers against the quality of human being you are and the quality of the material you produce...well,you might be more than a little miffed too.I would say that there are quite a few internet people whom are defaming RH mercilessly and without consideration for fact or truth or honest reflection. Recall that there are many more whom RH would perforce be aware of--being in the industry of comics--whom are defaming him than those whom you and I would be aware of whom are engaging in the same kind of behaviour. I would daresay that you and I and anyone else whom is committed to their craft would find this more than a little unfair,and could understandably be upset and need to express ourselves in a forthright,uncompromising fashion.Frankly,I would do the same.However,because of RH's position,it would oftentimes be seen as impolitic for him to do what we do,and that is where I think the main thrust of our differing opinions on this issue is.I acknowledge that RH should speak his mind whichever way he sees fit--which he largely has--but his posts as Muddy Boots were dead on target as far as objective data is concerned.Bottom line: nobody has done or could do for BP what RH has done.If they could,they would have already.Nobody could make BP as important in the MU as RH has...or else it would have happened already.If you care for BP,I would assume that you would be pleased to see the infinitely higher profile and respect level that he has as a DIRECT RESULT OF RH and ONLY RH.Whether or not you disagree with RH...the ramifications of his actions have brought more respect for the CHARACTER OF BP and a SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER PROFILE FOR BP.This can ONLY RESULT IN GOOD THINGS.Would you not concede that point? Or would you prefer the Pre-PRIEST BP that resulted in him being basically humiliated month in and month out and treated as a C-lister at best...in his OWN BOOK?

Would you agree,Thatguy,that RH's engineering of a vastly amplified profile for BP is very good for him? Would you also agree,Thatguy,that it's quite difficult to actually get a grasp of a person's TRUE PERSONALITY via the internet in these kinds of forums and communities...wherein anonymity is a main and primary feature of the interactions engaged in? If we can agree upon that,then we CANNOT make damning PERSONAL ATTACKS upon RH or basically anybody else...because we already concede that we don't KNOW THE PERSON.We can pass our opinions about how we interpret their actions.We can cite posts.We can argue and debate about various posts and scripts.I can't conclude with any form of iron-clad rigidity anything about the PERSON POSTING unless they behave in a truly consistent and difficult to dispute way...and only then I can only say that "(screen name inserted here) posts alot of THIS (cite the posts) while online in THIS WEBSITE (site website),and after reading these posts I conclude this and that about the validity/accuracy/whatever OF THE POSTS." But I can't conclude anything about their day to day behaviours...or their PRIVATE behavioursIn other words,I cna't say a word about THE REAL THEM.I can only comment about what they post online.That's all.Would you not agree that you are limited to the same parameters?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:33:54 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Jenn

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2007, 08:41:27 pm »
Yeah it wasn't that bad where I lived during my day.  My parents said when they first moved to the neighborhood it was a lower income all white community.

Same here, and I was blessed beyond belief to be from a two-parent household who worked opposite shifts. Not too sure my life would've gone had it just been my mother and me. Those mofos STAYED in my ass.
I grew up playing the dozens.  If that is all you got then when I start talking about you and yo momma, you are going to start crying (or swinging).

YES! I say that I don't date white men. He calls me a nigger...and HE'S upset!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, means I don't give a damn to defend Hudlin, a man who proudly race baits to deflect all critics of his writing.

What does that have to do with the fact that I was called a nigger and you sat silently by? Yet you want to come up in here and act insulted? G'wan with that bullsh*t.

I'm not argueing that she need find white men attractive. Indeed, the fact that someone somehow be required to find only someone of the same ethnic ground attarctive offends me to my core.

And I should give a f*ck about your core...why?

Rather, I'm asking why dating a white man would be disrespectful to her father, and one presumes, her family and herself.

Right. All of you white boys did it. Over and over and over. Actually, what you all did was DEMAND answers from me, followed by getting mad at the fact that you can't whip or rape an answer out of me. How dare I not be intimidated by your manly white manliness of white manhood. Bitch, please.

Oh, and for the record? My gub'mint name has ALWAYS been public knowledge since the DAY I became a professional writer. It's Jennifer Daniels, formerly of Africana (now AOL Black Voices) and currently of BET.com...and I still say whatever the f*ck I want to say, whenever the f*ck I want to say it. And I still by my sh*t, no matter what bitch ass white boys like you think about it, thatguy. Try it sometimes. Maybe next time you and your lily white fraternity (The He-Man Hudlin Hating Honkeys) come acress such an "uppity nigger", you won't flip your sh*t like you all did today.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:51:25 pm by Dora Milaje »

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2007, 09:07:21 pm »
Maybe we should start attacking that guy the way he so berates any positive comment that one makes on comicboards.

Talking to him is much like beating your head against the wall over and over.   

Ask Moose.

He always says it is not about race ans yet  always works race into every one of his post.

Not to mention that the Anybody who actually likes this current run of hudlin's (I.e.  majority  who frequents this board)  he usually infers racism on their part.  Go to comic boards and look how many threads he has contributed to,

Poster a says :  the  sky is blue in panel 3  on page 4 of black  panther 23

That guy:  IT was blue until Hudlin touched it even though i have not read the book in months.   

This is obviously a parody of it but hey, it is better when i link to it:

http://www.comicboards.com/blackpanther/view.php?trd=061228211318

hell you can just go to http://www.comicboards.com/blackpanther and see how this cat rolls.(or should i say troll)

most long debates on the board are because the cat can never see when he has been bested in a debate.

He has three crutches he uses to defend anything besides coming with facts

1.  Hudlin went o his board as Muddy waters  (who the f*ck cares by the way)

2.  Hudlin is a racist (never seen a racist comment dropped directly out the mans mouth)

3.   Hudlin's  panther is not in continuity (where on a particular Joe Friday the man said(joe Q) the books original arc was to be a mini series that was not in continuity,  then   said the next couple of books on the marble knights line were slowly integrated into continuity)

I have seen Yaw school this fool with scans as proof, and some how he can still turn it into a race issue, before race is even mentioned.

All of his opinions of the entire African Diaspora are based off of his one black friend.   (see  African americans wanting to be buried in Africa).

I  am still rofl about the borderline racist comment.

Man i am glad my shift is over.   I would have spent way to much time clowning him. 

Oh well

the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2007, 09:09:13 pm »
Oh yeah happy birthday  Jen ;,  imean dora
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Jenn

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2007, 09:17:54 pm »
(never seen a racist comment dropped directly out the mans mouth)

Seconded. Just because Hudlin doesn't go the "my best friend is white" route doesn't make him a racist. It just means that he (like I) could give less of a damn what entitlebrats on the Internet think about him in regards to race relations. If Hudlin is a racist, show us something that the man SAID. Not something you IMPLIED, or something your friend swore he read, or something on the old boards that Hudlin obviously crashed himself because he's SOOOOOOO afraid of crackerbrats (as if archive.org doesn't apply to SMF boards). Prove it or get your ass CLOWNED mercilessly. Those are the rules here. If you can't do A, then B applies by default.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2007, 09:28:55 pm »

This would not be a 1 or 2 lux illumination,my friend...but the suprerme form of illumination.

Jesus after resurrection?

"Jesus after resurrection?" No,supreme illuminati after posting...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2007, 09:55:08 pm »
I'm not argueing that she need find white men attractive. Indeed, the fact that someone somehow be required to find only someone of the same ethnic ground attarctive offends me to my core.

my father and mother would disown me if I ever came home home with a white woman, that would be the ULTIMATE insult.

oh and happy b-day Jenn :D

Jenn

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2007, 09:56:25 pm »
"Jesus after resurrection?" No,supreme illuminati after posting...

*hands thatguy some sunshades*

GrimSkill

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2007, 10:43:58 pm »

my father and mother would disown me if I ever came home home with a white woman, that would be the ULTIMATE insult.

oh and happy b-day Jenn :D

Thats why I don't Bring Them Home,I keep em in the Dorm room and the back of my Car  ;) ;) ;D ;D

GrimSkill

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2007, 10:45:56 pm »
Tony Romowned!

BTW black people are all over Dallas. Just becauase you only ran in the Cliff or PG doesn't mean some of us aren't in those "other" places.

Then again some of us don't like to insulate ourselves with only other black people.

Ohhhhh HELL NO!!!

Change Your MOTHA#@^$ NAME!! Now!!! I Will NOT Be Confused with your Jucken and Jiven  House Negro @$$!!!!!

GrimSkill

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2007, 10:50:55 pm »
Yeah it wasn't that bad where I lived during my day.  My parents said when they first moved to the neighborhood it was a lower income all white community.

Same here, and I was blessed beyond belief to be from a two-parent household who worked opposite shifts. Not too sure my life would've gone had it just been my mother and me. Those mofos STAYED in my ass.
I grew up playing the dozens.  If that is all you got then when I start talking about you and yo momma, you are going to start crying (or swinging).

YES! I say that I don't date white men. He calls me a nigger...and HE'S upset!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, means I don't give a damn to defend Hudlin, a man who proudly race baits to deflect all critics of his writing.

What does that have to do with the fact that I was called a nigger and you sat silently by? Yet you want to come up in here and act insulted? G'wan with that bullsh*t.

And I should give a f*ck about your core...why?

Right. All of you white boys did it. Over and over and over. Actually, what you all did was DEMAND answers from me, followed by getting mad at the fact that you can't whip or rape an answer out of me. How dare I not be intimidated by your manly white manliness of white manhood. Bitch, please.

Oh, and for the record? My gub'mint name has ALWAYS been public knowledge since the DAY I became a professional writer. It's Jennifer Daniels, formerly of Africana (now AOL Black Voices) and currently of BET.com...and I still say whatever the f*ck I want to say, whenever the f*ck I want to say it. And I still by my sh*t, no matter what bitch ass white boys like you think about it, thatguy. Try it sometimes. Maybe next time you and your lily white fraternity (The He-Man Hudlin Hating Honkeys) come acress such an "uppity nigger", you won't flip your sh*t like you all did today.

GOsh Dang!!! :o :o :D :D ;D ;D

The HHHH or the He-Man Hudlin Hating Honkeys comment had me Rolling  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

I tried not to laugh but i KNOW for a fact they have and will say worse so what the ^#@$%& eva

Offline Static Froggy

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2007, 11:40:37 pm »
Wow. some dudes feel REAL big behind a computer screen. Some of these comments are asinine. fools dont even READ the book and commenting on it, wtf?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2007, 11:44:04 pm »
Wow. I have just read this whole thread. I had no idea this stuff was going on this badly on other threads. You have all of these racist jerks out there and I get banned from x-Fan for practically nothing?! These mods on these various boards have some serious double-standards. How they can sit there and allow white posters to call blacks racials slurs and to talk about Hudlin like that is an outrage. Yet, if I go on a board where the mods don't like Storm and debate the character using continuity, I get banned. So its worse for me to debate Storm than it is for these white posters to call blacks racial slurs and everything. Honestly, this board and one other are the only two I log onto. I have a SN on Newsarama and CBR, but I have probably made a grand total of 5 posts on those boards collectively.

Jenn, BTW, Magic Rabbit is a latina who considers herself a white girl. She identifies white. She posted this a while back before I was banned a year-and-a-half ago. I laughed when she posted that.

It does seem that if you are Black, you must "know your place" and just go along with what others think. Well, "seem" is understating it completely. Its a reality.

Guys, my whole thread about "Rugog98 and Comixfan/Xfan," disregard it. It is nothing compared to this. I was upset about it, but I never lost any sleep over it and its not major. This really puts things in perspective for me.

I know many whites feel this way, but they are not supposed to state it publically as it is politically incorrect to do so. Its supposed to be institutionalized and covert unless its under more private/closed instances, not so blatant as this. This has been my experience with it. I have not had any white guys throw things at me as some of you. I mean, I go for a walk at night and I get white guys driving by and calling me a slur, yeah, but outside of that, when I have experienced it, its been less obvious/in your face than that. Yet they log onto these boards and do this and mods stand idly by. They don't even bother doing the "politically correct thing." lol! Well, of course not, they feel the same way as the offensive posters.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:57:41 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2007, 01:41:27 am »
Wow. I have just read this whole thread. I had no idea this stuff was going on this badly on other threads. You have all of these racist jerks out there and I get banned from x-Fan for practically nothing?! These mods on these various boards have some serious double-standards. How they can sit there and allow white posters to call blacks racials slurs and to talk about Hudlin like that is an outrage. Yet, if I go on a board where the mods don't like Storm and debate the character using continuity, I get banned. So its worse for me to debate Storm than it is for these white posters to call blacks racial slurs and everything. Honestly, this board and one other are the only two I log onto. I have a SN on Newsarama and CBR, but I have probably made a grand total of 5 posts on those boards collectively.

Jenn, BTW, Magic Rabbit is a latina who considers herself a white girl. She identifies white. She posted this a while back before I was banned a year-and-a-half ago. I laughed when she posted that.

It does seem that if you are Black, you must "know your place" and just go along with what others think. Well, "seem" is understating it completely. Its a reality.

Guys, my whole thread about "Rugog98 and Comixfan/Xfan," disregard it. It is nothing compared to this. I was upset about it, but I never lost any sleep over it and its not major. This really puts things in perspective for me.

I know many whites feel this way, but they are not supposed to state it publically as it is politically incorrect to do so. Its supposed to be institutionalized and covert unless its under more private/closed instances, not so blatant as this. This has been my experience with it. I have not had any white guys throw things at me as some of you. I mean, I go for a walk at night and I get white guys driving by and calling me a slur, yeah, but outside of that, when I have experienced it, its been less obvious/in your face than that. Yet they log onto these boards and do this and mods stand idly by. They don't even bother doing the "politically correct thing." lol! Well, of course not, they feel the same way as the offensive posters.

Wow,Rutog98...you read this WHOLE THREAD and even read more than one of my uberposts in the same thread? You have some Job-like patience and some Budhha level focus,gurl. I am impressed.Really.

Do you stay in California? Guys drive by you and call you racist slurs? so you've been hit with slur-bys too,huh?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Jenn

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2007, 04:05:20 am »
Jenn, BTW, Magic Rabbit is a latina who considers herself a white girl.

Ahhh, the kind who is Latina during scholarship time? Yeah, I've met a lot of her kind.