Author Topic: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?  (Read 52704 times)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Wow. Can it get any worse than this?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 05:12:58 am »
I think the best thing about these posts is that they expose a lot of the ugliness that has plagued the comics community for too long.  It also proves that the industry definitely needed a high profile black creator on a high profile black character.  No disrespect to Priest or McDuffie, but I think it took a successful industry outsider like Hudlin to really shake all this mess out.

I should like to go on record as saying this message by In_Spirit is very possibly the most accurate I have ever read posted to this message board. It says in three very succinct sentences, something I have attempted to convey in a year (or so) of over-long posts. And my "over-long posts" aren't nearly as interesting nor are they as informative as are supreme illuminati's "over-long posts"  :D

In_Spirit's message says it all and clearly illustrates why the more ignorant members of the larger comic book-buying demographic are so rabid in their dislike of Hudlin's Panther. The more ignorant, rabid members of the larger comic book-buying demographic  remind me of many white NFL fans who when the new rules for interviewing qualified black and minority candidates for vacant head coaching positions were made public, began to whine about how since black athletes had dominated all of the offensive skill positions, all of the defensive positions and were making strong inroads on the once-unassailable white-dominated position of Quarterback, once black head coaches began competing with white head coaches, there wouldn't be anyplace left for white participation in the game. These are the depths to which their ignorance and stupidity descended. It isn't any mystery to me why the more ignorant and rabid members of the larger comic book-buying demographic are say the things about Hudlin and the Panther book that they do. It doesn't surprise me how these bad actors can infect others within the larger comic book-buying demographic with their rabid, resentful, and quite possibly racist ignorance. White people may not make a habit of referring to and greeting themselves as "brother" and "sister", but they realize that as a race, it is largely due to their ability to key on their physical and cultural similarities when "circling the wagons" to repel or oppress those people who don't look like them or act like they do. The larger comic book-buying demographic are expert when it comes to  playing the "us against them" game.

And because of Hudlin, it'll be easier for cats like McDuffie or Priest. Hudlin - he's like Martin Luther King, in a way. ;)

Hudlin has already made it easier for McDuffie and Priest as far as their standing with many in the larger comic book-buying demographic are concerned. But it isn't because he's like Martin Luther King, Jr. - in my always humble opinion of course. The reason Hudlin may have made things easier for writers like Priest - albeit temporarily - is because he is more like Malcolm X than he is like Dr. King. Hudlin is more like W.E.B. DuBois than he would have been to Booker T. Washington and then later, Hudlin would have been more like Marcus Garvey than he would have been to W.E.B. DuBois.

Booker T. Washington was a great man who did many great things for our people. It was also Booker T. Washington who uttered these words in his 1895 Atlanta Exposition Address. He was expressing the opinion that racist whites should look more kindly upon the millions of black American descendants of slaves before casting them aside in favor of newly-arriving immigrants to this country: "As we have proved our loyalty to you in the past, in nursing your children, watching by the sickbed of your mothers and fathers, and often following them with tear-dimmed eyes to their graves, so in the future, in our humble way, we shall stand by you with a devotion that no foreigner can approach, ready to lay down our lives, if need be, in defence of yours, interlacing our industrial, commercial, civil and religious life with yours in a way that shall make the interests of both races one."

There probably are many white people both within and without the larger comic book-buying demographic who would gladly take full advantage of Booker T. Washington's offer and abuse it and black people in return. This could explain why so many in that "demographic" cannot stomach Luke Cage unless he is teamed with Iron Fist..."devoted to" Iron Fist..."ready to lay down his life, if need be" for Iron Fist. Subservient to Iron Fist - who in my always humble opinion should have never been white Danny Rand in the first place, but should have been Shang Chi, The Master Of Kung Fu, from the start.

Hudlin's Panther does not reflect the type of values Booker T. Washington spoke of. Hudlin's T'Chaka didn't fight Captain America to a "draw". Hudlin's T'Chaka soundly defeated Captain America and left their battleground with the beaten and unconcious Captain slung over his shoulder like a sack of flour. In their minds, Hudlin doesn't know his place and because of this failing on his part, Hudlin now writes a Panther who no longer knows his place.

Priest wrote a Panther who was surrounded by white people. Priest's Panther even made a white man regent of "racist" Wakanda.

Looking at it this way, it should come as a surprise to none of us that Priest is the black author of preference where the larger comic book-buying demographic is concerned.
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 05:19:43 am »
Haha get out of here. Are you actually trying to portray Priest as the Sidney Poitres of comics?

GrimSkill

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 05:37:35 am »
I think the best thing about these posts is that they expose a lot of the ugliness that has plagued the comics community for too long.  It also proves that the industry definitely needed a high profile black creator on a high profile black character.  No disrespect to Priest or McDuffie, but I think it took a successful industry outsider like Hudlin to really shake all this mess out.

I should like to go on record as saying this message by In_Spirit is very possibly the most accurate I have ever read posted to this message board. It says in three very succinct sentences, something I have attempted to convey in a year (or so) of over-long posts. And my "over-long posts" aren't nearly as interesting nor are they as informative as are supreme illuminati's "over-long posts"  :D

In_Spirit's message says it all and clearly illustrates why the more ignorant members of the larger comic book-buying demographic are so rabid in their dislike of Hudlin's Panther. The more ignorant, rabid members of the larger comic book-buying demographic  remind me of many white NFL fans who when the new rules for interviewing qualified black and minority candidates for vacant head coaching positions were made public, began to whine about how since black athletes had dominated all of the offensive skill positions, all of the defensive positions and were making strong inroads on the once-unassailable white-dominated position of Quarterback, once black head coaches began competing with white head coaches, there wouldn't be anyplace left for white participation in the game. These are the depths to which their ignorance and stupidity descended. It isn't any mystery to me why the more ignorant and rabid members of the larger comic book-buying demographic are say the things about Hudlin and the Panther book that they do. It doesn't surprise me how these bad actors can infect others within the larger comic book-buying demographic with their rabid, resentful, and quite possibly racist ignorance. White people may not make a habit of referring to and greeting themselves as "brother" and "sister", but they realize that as a race, it is largely due to their ability to key on their physical and cultural similarities when "circling the wagons" to repel or oppress those people who don't look like them or act like they do. The larger comic book-buying demographic are expert when it comes to  playing the "us against them" game.

And because of Hudlin, it'll be easier for cats like McDuffie or Priest. Hudlin - he's like Martin Luther King, in a way. ;)

Hudlin has already made it easier for McDuffie and Priest as far as their standing with many in the larger comic book-buying demographic are concerned. But it isn't because he's like Martin Luther King, Jr. - in my always humble opinion of course. The reason Hudlin may have made things easier for writers like Priest - albeit temporarily - is because he is more like Malcolm X than he is like Dr. King. Hudlin is more like W.E.B. DuBois than he would have been to Booker T. Washington and then later, Hudlin would have been more like Marcus Garvey than he would have been to W.E.B. DuBois.

Booker T. Washington was a great man who did many great things for our people. It was also Booker T. Washington who uttered these words in his 1895 Atlanta Exposition Address. He was expressing the opinion that racist whites should look more kindly upon the millions of black American descendants of slaves before casting them aside in favor of newly-arriving immigrants to this country: "As we have proved our loyalty to you in the past, in nursing your children, watching by the sickbed of your mothers and fathers, and often following them with tear-dimmed eyes to their graves, so in the future, in our humble way, we shall stand by you with a devotion that no foreigner can approach, ready to lay down our lives, if need be, in defence of yours, interlacing our industrial, commercial, civil and religious life with yours in a way that shall make the interests of both races one."

There probably are many white people both within and without the larger comic book-buying demographic who would gladly take full advantage of Booker T. Washington's offer and abuse it and black people in return. This could explain why so many in that "demographic" cannot stomach Luke Cage unless he is teamed with Iron Fist..."devoted to" Iron Fist..."ready to lay down his life, if need be" for Iron Fist. Subservient to Iron Fist - who in my always humble opinion should have never been white Danny Rand in the first place, but should have been Shang Chi, The Master Of Kung Fu, from the start.

Hudlin's Panther does not reflect the type of values Booker T. Washington spoke of. Hudlin's T'Chaka didn't fight Captain America to a "draw". Hudlin's T'Chaka soundly defeated Captain America and left their battleground with the beaten and unconcious Captain slung over his shoulder like a sack of flour. In their minds, Hudlin doesn't know his place and because of this failing on his part, Hudlin now writes a Panther who no longer knows his place.

Priest wrote a Panther who was surrounded by white people. Priest's Panther even made a white man regent of "racist" Wakanda.

Looking at it this way, it should come as a surprise to none of us that Priest is the black author of preference where the larger comic book-buying demographic is concerned.

Long time no See Sinjection!!!

Yes,Yes yall! Sin is back and is Dropping the knowledge again ;D ;D ;D :D ;)

Jenn

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 05:46:56 am »
Sin came back because it's my birthday.  ;D

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 06:04:40 am »
Thank you, Grim. It's good to see you, brother.  :)

Happy Birthday, Jenn  ;)

I've had a very busy start to 2007. It doesn't leave me much time to post. When I finally did have the time to check in, I saw that the HEF was down for maintainence. I thought..."uh oh".

But here you all are. So it's all good.
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 06:42:19 am »
With threads like these:

Which ethnicity have you mashed the most?

Battle of the Israeli bitches

Fat Women vs Skinny Bitches vs Thick Heffas

...do their opinions even COUNT?

haha how are those threads any worse than your "Turn your negro card back" thread in the general forum?

Jenn

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 07:12:09 am »
Haha, if you have to ask that question, you're dumber than we suspected.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 07:23:39 am »
*holds Queen back*

he knows not what he's saying.
maybe he's young and naive.
let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 07:30:33 am »
Haha, if you have to ask that question, you're dumber than we suspected.

They are at worst sexist threads.

And exactly how does that interfere with their stances on racism and comics?

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 07:39:16 am »
With threads like these:

It cracks me up that these guys talk about sex like its even an OPTION for them.

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 07:40:40 am »
With threads like these:

It cracks me up that these guys talk about sex like its even an OPTION for them.

It cracks me up that instead of going there to their board and confront them, you guys sit there on your asses and do nothing but complain in the safety of your little board.

Dora Milaje seems to be the only one with balls enough to do it
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 07:43:52 am by Ammar »

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 07:56:09 am »
With threads like these:

It cracks me up that instead of going there to their board and confront them, you guys sit there on your asses and do nothing but complain in the safety of your little board.

Why so defensive? Strike a nerve?

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 07:58:23 am »
With threads like these:

No, I just find it funny how people everywhere on all boards talk the talk but are afraid to walk the walk.

Jenn

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 08:05:16 am »

Shut up white boy. You're on OUR turf, troll.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13:00 am »
With threads like these:

No, I just find it funny how people everywhere on all boards talk the talk but are afraid to walk the walk.

Ah yes, "proving" internet manhood. That's a worthy goal. Moron.