Author Topic: Pray to WHOM??? ... Religious Views, Relationship Between Religions  (Read 1229 times)

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I think this is an interesting enough topic that it deserves its own thread, in case anyone cares to comment.

The issue is the propriety to pray to Jesus.  Related are whether prayer should be directed only to God (or if, for you, the two are one and the same), or through any other intermediary.

Also touched on is the interrelationship between early Christianity and Judaism. 

Any Muslims might like to comment on these issues from an Islamic perspective.  So too members of other faiths, or no faith at all.

Geez, we’re talking ‘bout a child praying to Jesus. Really!?! Has she read the bible? Can she read the bible? Nah, man! I agree, the lunchroom teacher & school handled the situation inappropriately, but the motivation may have been sincere. Maybe! I pray it was.

Does the 5 year old (child) really understand what she was doing? It’s called indoctrination. It’s blind-faith. Forgive them lord fore they know not what they do. 

No one, I said, nobody is born with a religion. Fact! We are all born with an innate connection with the divine creator.

ROMANS 5:
20 God’s law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful grace became more abundant.

JOHN 16:
23 In that day you will NOT question me about anything.

25 These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; an hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but will tell you plainly of the Father.

26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I DO NOT say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;

^Did you check the bible verses? Jesus is telling his disciples that he’s gonna speak to them straight-up & straight-forward. You know, he’s spittin’ that real-talk. And what does he say? He says you don’t have to pray to him or in his name. Remember, this is the Christ removing himself from the equation of your connection with god & telling you that it’s okay to just pray to god without his intervention.

Let me double-back. The situation is- (he’s in the garden of Gethsemane)  he knows they’re (the guards) coming to get him.

If you were about to leave your loved-ones, go away & you wanted to comfort them- what would you say to them? What would your last words be? His was to go to god- not him. That’s some really real talk. Word!

The point is- the little girl was praying to Jesus. The same Jesus that says you don’t have to pray to him. More proof that this kid does not understand the gospel nor does her parents nor do most Christians. Faith without works is dead. Dead! 

It’s good to pray! But! You can’t call yourself a doctor or nurse unless you study medicine. And graduate! You can’t call yourself a Christian unless you truly understand the teachings of the Christ.

Jesus is the same guy that washed his disciples’ feet. Any of you washin’ your buddies’ toes? Hell no! Be honest! You’re humble but not that damn humble. A dude  that humble would not want you rockin’ a “Jesus-Piece”, hangin’ his image on your wall or in your church* or praying to him.

He doesn’t mind his followers givin’ him props, but he’d rather you focus on your divine connection that existed before any of the prophets. Who are you praying to? Real-talk

AMEN ( Egyptian/ Kemetic)

*The word church means “Circus”. Ever heard of  “Circus De Soliel“? it means Church of the Sun {son}
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:16:17 pm by michaelintp »
The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Your interpretation of the verses sounds very Jewish. ;)

Interesting thing is that my son has done a lot of reading about the early church. My eyes popped out when he read me something James said regarding the obligations of the growing number of Gentile followers.  I don't have James's quote handy, but what James was describing ... get this ... were in fact the Seven Noahide Laws that according to Jewish tradition apply to all non-Jews (more obligations, like the Sabbath and kosher laws and more were later given to the Jews at and after Sinai). What blew me away was James was advocating a mainstream Jewish approach that sounded nothing like a new religion at all. Essentially to transmit Jewish monotheism to the Gentiles. Sounded like a lot of Orthodox Jews I know today.

Paul apparently was on an entirely different trip.  :(
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer to WHOM??? ... Religious Views, Relationship Between Religions
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Noahide_Laws

Oh, here is something on the Noahide laws, since I mentioned it.

See the section entitled "Christian Adherence" and you'll see what I'm talking about. Cites the Christian Scriptures. Also discusses Islam.

I find this interesting.

It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6