Author Topic: U.S. Government Pursues New Rules For Teacher-Training Programs  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:34:55 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. Government Pursues New Rules For Teacher-Training Programs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:09 pm »
So many educators on the site.  What do you all think about this new policy?

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 09:46:15 am »
To be fair, I have a high level of expectations and little tolerance for not continuing my routines. I am set in my ways and it is a challenge to allow the classroom climate to change.

Some teachers should never be mentors, and my former mentor teacher should be at the top of the list. This quote is directly from the last observation she gave me, and if it doesn't tell you about the uselessness of those 16 weeks of non-paid "training", I don't know what does. The nicest thing I can say about my student teaching experience is that all 15 hours rolled into my pending Master of Education degree.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:48:17 am by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:56:42 am »
I don't know what the answer is but what is being done now is clearly a sham.

Even Teach For America has given up pretending that its business is producing teachers.

Its more about padding the resumes of rich kids who want to work in politics...like our current Secretary of Education.

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:08:26 am »

My proposal is to get more of high school level work done by 8th grade - certainly no later than 10th.

Then, condense most of undergraduate education into grades 11 and 12.

With that foundation, college professionalization could be reduced to 2-3 years and the idea of liberal arts in the 21st century would be redefined towards what MBA, JD, ScD, and MD programs offer.

More qualified educators would work with students earlier in their lives (as early as age 13 or 14) and fewer poor educators would work in classrooms through the early professional stages (ages 16-24).

I'm currently building these reforms in NYC, NJ, PA, FL, CT, IL, MI, Canada, and Mexico -- looking to start initiatives in CA, TX, and MO over the next year.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor