Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455803 times)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »
The book is going to fail anyway, let's get real. It's a female lead title in the midst of the other Marvel Now titles She-Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel and Elektra. They all can't be winners, it will probably last a year.

As a reader I want to see Black Panther in the title, but most of all I don't want Pak to forget she's Black.

I think the book can do better than the other female titles put out by Marvel. It has the potential to do very well. Guest-starring T'challa in the title will reduce the book's chances at making it. For the first year of the title, T'challa doesn't need to show up at all. Marvel should do everything it can to make sure the book is a success especially its first twelve issues. That means keeping T'challa far away from the title.

If the book does very well the first year, then I would not mind the Black Panther showing up the next year for an issue or two as a guest-star.

Also, what do you mean he doesn't need to forget she's Black? Elaborate. Classic Storm is just fine the way she is and always should be (I'm ignoring this business about Cyclops and Wolverine recently). She got a lot of fans that way. If by Black, you mean written like she was in the EJD mini, then I wholeheartedly disagree. That Storm will DEFINITELY fail if trying to carry her own title. That was not Storm at all. Keep her speaking patterns formal and keep her regal. I don't want a stereotypical portrayal of Black people with Storm. It's racist, divisive and its not the character that I and others fell in love with. Not all Black people act and talk the same way and that should be reflected in the medium. I think its wonderful and inspiring to see a Black character like Storm speaking as eloquently as she does while having all the regal bearing of a goddess and possessing that fierce, indomitable will and personality backed by her enormous power levels. This is why she is arguably the most popular female comicbook character with her only real rival being Wonder Woman and this needs to remain untouched. She's a character that breaks through the color barriers and one that millions of readers can relate to.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:42:29 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 01:46:29 pm »
I really hope they keep BP out of the "Storm" title for a while. This is a very hot button issue and I want the title to do well. Storm is a bigger character than Black Panther. There is too big a risk of her character being devalued to make him look good. If this happens, it will alienate readership from the book and there will be another internet uprising behind it reinforcing to Marvel to keep these characters apart.

That said, I think it would be nice if Ororo and T'challa were good friends, but its not an interaction that needs to occur in her title anytime soon. Give the book a chance and let it get some steam first before T'challa shows up for an issue or two...if he even shows.

Why risk her title with something like a Storm/BP reunion when so many of her fans who will be supporting the book HATE it? There is no point to prove in forcing something on the readership they don't want to see. All it will do is tick them off and alienate them ensuring the book's failure.

To me, the bottom line is the X-books don't have a problem putting Black Panther in their books when they want to trash him, but somehow we should NOT want him to show up when we want Greg Pak and other writers to write him well?

That may not be what you meant (and I don't really think that is what you mean), but that's kind of what it sounds like. It sounds like "if Black Panther is not getting outright trashed in an X-book, then Storm fans will be upset, and we shouldn't upset them, because we want Storm's ongoing book to do well."

So many of her fans are pssing me off and have been pissing me off for years over their biased attitudes against Black Panther that I really don't care what they want, because all those types of fans want is for no black man to appear in any of their books, especially when Storm is concerned.

I'm not interested in appeasing Storm's fans, the majority of whom need their heads examined.

And why would her character have to be "devalued" in order to make Black Panther look good? How about writers and editors make them BOTH look good, like professionals should? It doesn't have to be an either/or thing, and neither character has to look bad.

What Marvel should be doing (and should have been doing from the get-go) is making both characters shine, just like their original creators intended instead of turning Storm and Black Panther into an episode of Real Housewives or a reality show on VH1.

And if Marvel and fans keep wanting that, AND WON'T BE HAPPY AND WON'T SUPPORT THE BOOK IF BLACK PANTHER SHOWS UP IN IT AND IS WRITTEN AS RESPECTFULLY AS SHE IS, then both parties should and WILL be called out for their stupidity.

Hasn't Marvell catered to stupidity and racism enough?? I'm sick and damn tired of black men and black women being purposely kept apart, both in real life and in comic books, TV shows and movies because of racist, close-minded, biased, bigoted, insensitive, fanatical, arrogant, delusional and irrational attitudes of certain segments of the population.

I'm taking a stand and I don't care who has a problem with it or who it pisses off.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:53:21 pm by moneyspider »

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 01:55:51 pm »
I really hope they keep BP out of the "Storm" title for a while. This is a very hot button issue and I want the title to do well. Storm is a bigger character than Black Panther. There is too big a risk of her character being devalued to make him look good. If this happens, it will alienate readership from the book and there will be another internet uprising behind it reinforcing to Marvel to keep these characters apart.

That said, I think it would be nice if Ororo and T'challa were good friends, but its not an interaction that needs to occur in her title anytime soon. Give the book a chance and let it get some steam first before T'challa shows up for an issue or two...if he even shows.

Why risk her title with something like a Storm/BP reunion when so many of her fans who will be supporting the book HATE it? There is no point to prove in forcing something on the readership they don't want to see. All it will do is tick them off and alienate them ensuring the book's failure.

To me, the bottom line is the X-books don't have a problem putting Black Panther in their books when they want to trash him, but somehow we should NOT want him to show up when we want Greg Pak and other writers to write him well?

That may not be what you meant (and I don't really think that is what you mean), but that's kind of what it sounds like. It sounds like "if Black Panther is not getting outright trashed in an X-book, then Storm fans will be upset, and we shouldn't upset them, because we want Storm's ongoing book to do well."

So many of her fans are pssing me off and have been pissing me off for years over their biased attitudes against Black Panther that I really don't care what they want, because all those types of fans want is for no black man to appear in any of their books, especially when Storm is concerned.

I'm not interested in appeasing Storm's fans, the majority of whom need their heads examined.

And why would her character have to be "devalued" in order to make Black Panther look good? How about writers and editors make them BOTH look good, like professionals should? It doesn't have to be an either/or thing, and neither character has to look bad.

What Marvel should be doing (and should have been doing from the get-go) is making both characters shine, just like their original creators intended instead of turning Storm and Black Panther into an episode of Real Housewives or a reality show on VH1.

And if Marvel and fans keep wanting that, AND WON'T BE HAPPY AND WON'T SUPPORT THE BOOK IF BLACK PANTHER SHOWS UP IN IT AND IS WRITTEN AS RESPECTFULLY AS SHE IS, then both parties should and WILL be called out for their stupidity.

Hasn't Marvell catered to stupidity and racism enough??

Thing is, there has already been an established precedence with Storm's character being devalued for him to look good. To be honest, racism is not the main reason why the Storm fans turned against the Storm/T'challa relationship. Personally, I agree with you that BOTH characters should be written in way that is true to themselves and both written well. Thing is, there is too much emotional baggage here for the time being. That's why I say wait about a year until T'challa (or Cyclops) shows up in her book for an issue or two as a guest-star to give the book every advantage of being successful. People are so angry about the Storm/T'challa thing right now that they are close-minded to it no matter how well it is done. Give them time. Let Storm shine in the way people are used to see her shine (but, this time, enhanced!). Don't force things on the readership they don't want to see. Instead, if you want to see a strong friendship between the two, let it happen gradually during year 2 of the series.

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 02:10:29 pm »

Thing is, there has already been an established precedence with Storm's character being devalued for him to look good. To be honest, racism is not the main reason why the Storm fans turned against the Storm/T'challa relationship. Personally, I agree with you that BOTH characters should be written in way that is true to themselves and both written well. Thing is, there is too much emotional baggage here for the time being. That's why I say wait about a year until T'challa (or Cyclops) shows up in her book for an issue or two as a guest-star to give the book every advantage of being successful. People are so angry about the Storm/T'challa thing right now that they are close-minded to it no matter how well it is done. Give them time. Let Storm shine in the way people are used to see her shine (but, this time, enhanced!). Don't force things on the readership they don't want to see. Instead, if you want to see a strong friendship between the two, let it happen gradually during year 2 of the series.

Storm being "devalued" in order for Black Panther to look good is a lie spread by Black Panther detractors because they wanted to use every excuse in the book as to why they did not want Storm with that black man known as T'Challa but would drool and get wet whenever the pairings of Storm and Namor, Storm and Dr. Doom, Storm and Thor, Storm and Wolverine and Storm and any white man in the Marvel Universe is mentioned in terms of romance, babies and marriage.

Storm being "devalued" in order to make Black Panther look good is a lie spread by Black Panther detractors who probably never read Hudlin's book, or just read one panel from a book, read it out of context and spun lies off that one panel to prove that they were "right."

And yes, racist fans will always be close-minded to Storm being with a black man, despite how well it is done, because they are racist. And I don't like rewarding racists by keeping black women and black men apart. That sort of thing is not my bag.

And yes, they are still emotional because they always get emotional whenever they see Storm being in a loving relationship with a black man as intelligent, charismatic, noble, strong, independent and handsome as T'Challa, because she has actually found someone worthy of her love. They'd much rather see her getting her vagina stretched out by white men in the Marvel Universe, most of whom are nowhere near as intelligent, charismatic, noble, strong, independent and handsome as T'Challa is. One of those white men even has to literally hide his face, for God's sake.

Don't force things on the readership they don't want to see? Don't force readers to see a black man and a black woman together in a title? Don't force readers to see a black woman and a black man being respectful toward each other in a title? You've got to be joking. Tell Marvel not to force readers to read about a black woman punching a black man in the face, an image that some Storm fanatics are STILL posting gleefully in Appreciation threads as recently as Thursday. Tell Marvel to not force readers to see the ultimate destruction of a black marriage out of the blue all so that it could be part of the stupid AvX storyline and all so that racist fans would no longer have to "put up with" seeing a black woman being married to a black man (who were put together by a black writer...OH NOES!)

To say that Marvel shouldn't force readers to see Storm and Black Panther in a book is incredibly insulting, since Marvel and some fanatic Storm fans have been incredibly insulting US and those who want to see a black man and a black woman in a loving marriage and/or a loving relationship, and they've been insulting us for YEARS with their racist bullsh*t.

Don't talk to me about force and what shouldn't be shown to racist readers and Marvel who caters to racist readers.

And given them time? Time for what? They've been racist for years, are still racist and close-minded and still pleasuring themselves to the thoughts of having Storm being man-handled by white characters. To this day, they are STILL bashing Black Panther and the marriage has been over for damn near two years. Give them time? Nah, dude.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:21:47 pm by moneyspider »

APEXABYSS

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 02:30:28 pm »

"If my girl canít do what I want, I donít want the girl,Ē
  ~ Donald Sterling

^ I don't know if you guys really read what you just wrote, but the conversation seems vaguely familiar...
do fan-boys feel this way, too? do they want Storm all to themselves? if so, the BP & Storm break-up makes since, now!

"It will always be that way....It bothers me a lot that you're associating with black people. You're supposed to be a delicate white or a delicate Latina girl. You don't have to have yourself walking with black people." ~ Donald Sterling
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:34:22 pm by APEXABYSS »

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 02:43:49 pm »

"If my girl canít do what I want, I donít want the girl,Ē
  ~ Donald Sterling

^ I don't know if you guys really read what you just wrote, but the conversation seems vaguely familiar...
do fan-boys feel this way, too? do they want Storm all to themselves? if so, the BP & Storm break-up makes since, now!

"It will always be that way....It bothers me a lot that you're associating with black people. You're supposed to be a delicate white or a delicate Latina girl. You don't have to have yourself walking with black people." ~ Donald Sterling

I'm going to read Storm's ongoing solo book regardless if Black Panther shows up in it or not, because Storm is one of my favorite characters (or at least the IDEA of Storm as originally created is one of my favorite characters), and I never would have appreciated her if she had never become Black Panther's queen (because I had ignored her for decades before the marriage).

But I don't condone racist readers or Marvel rewarding racist readers.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 02:49:41 pm »

Storm being "devalued" in order for Black Panther to look good is a lie spread by Black Panther detractors because they wanted to use every excuse in the book as to why they did not want Storm with that black man known as T'Challa but would drool and get wet whenever the pairings of Storm and Namor, Storm and Dr. Doom, Storm and Thor, Storm and Wolverine and Storm and any white man in the Marvel Universe is mentioned in terms of romance, babies and marriage.

Storm being "devalued" in order to make Black Panther look good is a lie spread by Black Panther detractors who probably never read Hudlin's book, or just read one panel from a book, read it out of context and spun lies off that one panel to prove that they were "right."

And yes, racist fans will always be close-minded to Storm being with a black man, despite how well it is done, because they are racist. And I don't like rewarding racists by keeping black women and black men apart. That sort of thing is not my bag.

And yes, they are still emotional because they always get emotional whenever they see Storm being in a loving relationship with a black man as intelligent, charismatic, noble, strong, independent and handsome as T'Challa, because she has actually found someone worthy of her love. They'd much rather see her getting her vagina stretched out by a white man.

Don't force things on the readership they don't want to see? Don't force readers to see a black man and a black woman together in a title? Don't force readers to see a black woman and a black man being respectful toward each other in a title? You've got to be joking. Tell Marvel not to force readers to read about a black woman punching a black man in the face, an image that some Storm fanatics are STILL posting gleefully in Appreciation threads as recently as Thursday. Tell Marvel to not force readers to see the ultimate destruction of a black marriage out of the blue all so that it could be part of the stupid AvX storyline.

To say that Marvel shouldn't force readers to see Storm and Black Panther in a book is incredibly insulting, since Marvel and some fanatic Storm fans have been incredibly insulting US and those who want to see a black man and a black woman in a loving marriage and/or a loving relationship, and they've been insulting us for YEARS with their racist bullsh*t.

Don't talk to me about force and what shouldn't be shown to racist readers and Marvel who caters to racist readers.

Prior to Storm joining the BP cast in his title, how long have you followed her?
Storm was TOTALLY devalued in several instances beginning with the mini series. In the original telling of the story where Ororo and T'challa first met as children (CC version), it was T'challa who needed rescuing and Storm who saved him from his would-be captors. It was T'challa who was all googly-eyed over Storm in the original tale as she literally just stole his breath away and his heart with her regal bearing, majestic powers and otherworldliness aura. I can recall at the end of their time together, she told him that the Song of the Wind was speaking to her and telling her to move on. He offered her a kiss and she said something like, "if that is your way." He was surprised that she was not all fawning over the thought of being kissed by a prince and wanted her to stay with him. In real life, the man should put the woman on a pedestal like that. It should not be a case where the woman is chasing the man. The man should be trying to impress the woman.

Dickey totally changed things around and wrote Storm like an ordinary girl living on the streets who was awed by a prince. She was up behind him and he talked down to her telling her to hold her hands together so she did not steal. She went on asking him if she were beautiful and everything looking for his approval. It was CRAPTASTIC and what was done to her character in that story was nothing short of an annihilation! It was TOTALLY disrespectful to that Black woman to rob her of her dignity like that when she had been written better beforehand. What makes it worse is a Black man messed up Storm like that while a White man wrote her up on a pedestal. Not even Jean Grey or any other X-women EVER got that quality of writing in their flashback years as little kids that Storm got. Storm has always been the strongest personality and most regal member of the X-Men. This includes both the male and female cast of the book. CC even established Storm as having a stronger personality and will than Magneto when Magneto joined the team. Got it? So the White writer showed deeper respect for the character than that Black writer, Dickey.

In the original telling of the story, CC's Storm NEVER looked down upon T'challa. She was always gracious and "divine". If Dickey was unhappy with Storm having to save T'challa because she's a female and T'challa is a male, he could have created circumstances to merit that without devaluing BP. What if T'challa ate poisoned berries the night before accidentally or was bitten by a poisonous bug in his sleep which would have slowed him down in that fight? Plenty of scenarios could have been used, but he opted to write Storm down.

Moving on, when the two characters visited Namor in Atlantis, Storm came across like an airhead, kinda like the wife just sitting there while the two men spoke. Storm is much more assertive than how she was portrayed in that story and should have partaken much more in the discussion there while offering a tremendously insightful perspective from her viewpoint. The three people there, Storm, Namor and Black Panther should have all be portrayed as equals. Also, there was some very weird speech patterns coming from Storm in that issue. I was able to look past it since Hudlin was new to the character and Storm is a tough character to write unless you know her. The way she was written here would have worked if it were Invisible Woman and Reed Richards talking to Namor, but not Storm. Of all the Marvel women I can think of, Storm has the strongest, most commanding presence...and that was because of the writing of a White man named Chris Claremont who instilled this in the character from the beginning. 

When T'challa met the Inhumans on the moon, Storm should have been present when BP was talking to Black Bolt. Instead, she stayed out with Medusa, the wife of BB. Again, if Sue was being written in the scene instead of Storm, it would be fine. Sue is used to sitting back and letting the man, her husband, take the lead as she follows. Storm, on the other hand, either leads or co-leads.

Of course, Hudlin's Storm got better as he went along and gained a deeper understanding of the character.

Initially, people were open to the idea of the marriage. The marriage issue between Storm and T'challa hit record sales for the title, if I remember correctly. It was the early portrayals of Storm in the title that happened when Hudlin was getting a grasp on the title and that HORRIBLE mini series that alienated the Storm fans, many of whom never came back to the title because of this.

After Hudlin left the book and Maberry took over, what happened to the sales? The first issue of Maberry's run saw a boost in sales from its declining numbers. However, readers picked up Maberry's first issue and read a book about Shuri (a character nobody cares about) and didn't buy another issue. Fans are not going to support a book about Shuri. Storm should have gotten the shine Shuri got there to increase sales. This proves as well that its not entirely because both characters are Black that the book saw a decline in sales. Fans lost faith in Hudlin because of the Dickey Storm mini (which Hudlin did not write) and some awkwardness in Hudlin's Storm writing that happened early on in his writing of the character. I think Hudlin could have brought those fans back by beefing up Storm's role in the title to equal Black Panther's and by telling big, epic, exciting stories featuring Storm's enormous power levels up against antagonists with exciting, earth shattering powers while playing up BP's technological prowess. (BP's technological prowess was played up in the book, but Storm could have done more.) Storm was not doing much in the X-titles at this time other than being wallpaper and tossing a lightning bolt here or there. Storm fans would have flocked back to BP if Hudlin had done this with Storm and the fans got wind of it. It was more like Batman=Black Pather's role in the book and Robin=Storm's role in the book. I think the book would have benefited more if it were 50/50 between the two.

You are quick to blame race for all of this, but I think you are overemphasizing it in this instance. I have shown how White writers have done well by Storm in their writing of her. I remember e-mailing with Claremont during the "Invasion" arc if X-Treme X-Men which happened well before even the idea of a Storm/T'challa marriage. One thing he commented on to me through e-mails was he didn't feel any guy was really good enough to date Storm. He totally held her in that high regard as the unreachable, untouchable "goddess" too good for any mortal man to court. The relationship she had with Forge under his run is essentially like a reflection of what happened when that "unreachable goddess" lost her powers and had to walk like ordinary folk. When she regained her powers, well, the relationship was over. It did not end officially, but it was just over as that chapter in her story was done as far as the writer was concerned. She and Forge were simply portrayed as good friends and nothing else after this.

When Claremont had this blond-haired guy named Cameron or something try and date Storm, there was such an uprising against it like you would not believe. The Storm fans were SO against it and would not let it go, that it drove him batty on the board he was on. They maintained that Storm was too good for that blond surfer mutant and were so successful in their endeavors that CC ended up just dropping the whole thing altogether and dropped Cameron and his sister both from the cast of the title after just a few issues. I can remember one post he made during the whole ordeal saying something like, "Okay, okay, I get it. I made a mistake with this. You don't have to keep rubbing it in. We'll correct it and move on." I was there. Those Storm fans would not let it go until after the dating thing was ended. It didn't take too long for them to get the results. LOL!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:35:53 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »
To clarify some of the things in my post above, there are some things I'd like to say.
In regards to the original portrayal of the Storm/BP meeting as children, what that story really touched upon was Storm's "unreachable, unattainable" goddess character in the way she responded to T'challa's desire to kiss her. Dickey totally did not get this "goddess" persona of Storm that was with her even before she was worshipped as a goddess. This whole goddess thing appeared to have become a part of her as soon as she began hearing the "Song of the Wind" and her powers manifested based iff what was illustrated in the original telling of the Storm/BP meeting.

Addressing the leadership thing, in her early portrayals of the BP title when the duet met Namor and the Inhumans, I stated above that she should have been an equal partner in those discussions which she was not. Storm's character is of the type where she would not have allowed herself to fall into a secondary role as she did in those instances. I can recall after she gained leadership of the X-Men, she told Cyclops point blank, "I lead the X-Men" when it appeared as if he wanted to regain the status of X-Men leader. There were other complications between Storm and Xavier that arose concerning the leadership of the X-Men which led to a heated disagreement between the two as both characters wanted to lead.

Storm is not the type to sit back and just allow others to take control. Sometimes, she may allow that permissively, but never just passively as we saw in her earlier portrayals of BP. Its just didn't feel right for the character.

Many Storm fans argued that Black Panther was a drag on her personality. It is because of instances like these that they make such claims. Don't always be so quick to write things off as racism. Sure, you are always going to have a racist sect when dealing with Black characters, however, many of the complaints were justified.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:59:39 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2014, 05:21:42 pm »
>>>Rutog98

How many times are you going to keep writing the same cornball replies over and over and over again?

You're more repetitive than my turntable avatar.  ;D

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2014, 05:26:46 pm »
>>>Rutog98

How many times are you going to keep writing the same cornball replies over and over and over again?

You're more repetitive than my turntable avatar.  ;D

What can I say? Some people around here are stubborn! If they would all just agree with me, life would be so much easier for them as they would finally be able to bask in the light of truth!  If they had been enlightened to the truth the FIRST time I said this stuff, we would all be in agreement right now thus I would not have to go to the lengths I go to. Everyone should be at their local comic shops right now telling their comic suppliers to add the new upcoming "Storm" title to their pull list. We are not all there yet, but you don't have to fret, you don't have to worry, that ol' Rutog98 is on the case.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:38:04 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2014, 05:44:57 pm »
Speaking of comic book shops, this weekend I just happen to be cruising down the boulevard and passed by the one and only comic shop in Flo-Town around my way.  In front of this shop,  I see these white dudes dressed up as superman and didn't quite catch what the other dudes were dressed as... but they were wearing these silly, colorful costumes trying to attract people to enter the shop.

Have you ever thought of doing a gig like that to get readers at their 'local comic shops right now telling their comic supplies to add the new upcoming "Storm" title to their pull list'?

Think about it:

You can dress up as Storm!  Y'know, wearing a caped black, S&M outfit with a platinum wig and high heels.  Oh, and y'know what...?
You can shoot this on high definition digital video, do your Storm promotion thing and then upload to YouTube!

That will get readers into their local comic shops adding the new upcoming ''Storm" title to their pull list! I can assure you of that!  :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:46:32 pm by Battle »

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2014, 05:55:02 pm »
Speaking of comic book shops, this weekend I just happen to be cruising down the boulevard and passed by the one and only comic shop in Flo-Town around my way.  In front of this shop,  I see these white dudes dressed up as superman and didn't quite catch what the other dudes were dressed as... but they were wearing these silly, colorful costumes trying to attract people to enter the shop.

Have you ever thought of doing a gig like that to get readers at their 'local comic shops right now telling their comic supplies to add the new upcoming "Storm" title to their pull list'?

Think about it:

You can dress up as Storm!  Y'know, wearing a caped black, S&M outfit with a platinum wig and high heels.  Oh, and y'know what...?
You can shoot this on high definition digital video, do your Storm promotion thing and then upload to YouTube!

That will get readers into their local comic shops adding the new upcoming ''Storm" title to their pull list! I can assure you of that!  :)

Nah, I don't wanna take your job. My bodily features and mannerisms are far too masculine to pull it off. While I am told that I'm a very handsome guy, I could never look like a woman even if I tried. If you are getting tired of your job (I am told by women that standing heels all day can be a killer!), maybe you can get your daddy to dress up like that and hang out in the streets of New York telling folks to buy comics. I hear you pull off the Storm look well, and if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, your daddy probably has similar features to you, thus he'd make a much more suitable replacement for you than I ever could. :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:59:29 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2014, 06:06:08 pm »

Think about it:

Nah, I don't wanna take your job. My bodily features and mannerisms are far too masculine to pull it off. While I am a very handsome guy, I would be an eyesore of a woman. :) If you get tired of your job, though, maybe you can get your daddy to dress up like that and hang out in the streets of New York telling folks to buy comics.

There ya go! :)

This is the 'conversation' you really wanted to have here at HEF, right?   Instead of writing the same stuff over and over again.

Only one caveat, I was serious...  there really were these dudes dressed as comicbook characters to attract readers to enter the shop around my way today.  I mean, If I was walking down the street and saw a grown dude dressed as a comicbook character, that wouldn't entice me into going inside the shop...

--- I'd run in the other direction!  :)

Is this what guys have to do nowadays to attract readers to comicbook???  Troll discussion forums and dress as comicbook characters? ???

This is a serious question.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2014, 06:06:51 pm »

Hasn't Marvell catered to stupidity and racism enough?? I'm sick and damn tired of black men and black women being purposely kept apart, both in real life and in comic books, TV shows and movies because of racist, close-minded, biased, bigoted, insensitive, fanatical, arrogant, delusional and irrational attitudes of certain segments of the population.

I'm taking a stand and I don't care who has a problem with it or who it pisses off.

I'm not even buying this comic or want T'Challa or anything Wakandan in this comic( I don't trust the x-office ) just dropping by to say Moneyspider is dropping straight up pure uncut knowledge( fresh off Peruvian boat )

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »

^ There it is, right there.