Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455759 times)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2014, 07:27:41 pm »
Hey, I bought every issue of Black Panther and have been a member of this board since the issues leading up to the marriage. There is nothing I am saying now that I did not say back then. That said, I was always rooting for the marriage to work. It did not work, so I moved on. I've tried to be fair and honest about everything from my perspective. That said, I've always wanted Storm to have her own ongoing title. This is a dream come true for me. I've enjoyed being a member of this board and wish this whole family could share in my joy of her getting her own ongoing. It would be nice if everyone would try out just the first 4 issues of the title to see if they like it. Just because she and BP broke up with each other doesn't mean the book should not get a chance. There isn't going to be a Storm/Wolverine relationship since they've already broken up and Logan is about to die. (I am SO glad they aren't going to be in a relationship. I agree with you guys on that point.) There isn't going to be an Ororo/Scott relationship either. I know that Genki posted a cover where Storm and Cyclops were kissing (no, just no, Marvel) and I don't know what that was about. I have only read about 7 issues in the last 2-3 years because the X-Men writing was so bad.

You guys sound like some of the Storm fans who kept knocking the BP title long after they gave up on it and they didn't know that things got better. You're knocking something you haven't even tried. I've started a pull box at my comic store again. This is something I haven't done ever since "Doom War" in the BP title. "Storm" is the only book on my pull list. This book is going to rock and you guys are going to be sorry when you finally catch on that you missed the first issues and your comic shop will be fresh out of the books you will have missed. I'm doing you a favor right now in talking this sense to you. Support the book! :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:31:05 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2014, 09:02:02 pm »
Hey, I bought every issue of Black Panther and have been a member of this board since the issues leading up to the marriage. There is nothing I am saying now that I did not say back then. That said, I was always rooting for the marriage to work. It did not work, so I moved on. I've tried to be fair and honest about everything from my perspective. That said, I've always wanted Storm to have her own ongoing title. This is a dream come true for me. I've enjoyed being a member of this board and wish this whole family could share in my joy of her getting her own ongoing. It would be nice if everyone would try out just the first 4 issues of the title to see if they like it. Just because she and BP broke up with each other doesn't mean the book should not get a chance. There isn't going to be a Storm/Wolverine relationship since they've already broken up and Logan is about to die. (I am SO glad they aren't going to be in a relationship. I agree with you guys on that point.) There isn't going to be an Ororo/Scott relationship either. I know that Genki posted a cover where Storm and Cyclops were kissing (no, just no, Marvel) and I don't know what that was about. I have only read about 7 issues in the last 2-3 years because the X-Men writing was so bad.

You guys sound like some of the Storm fans who kept knocking the BP title long after they gave up on it and they didn't know that things got better. You're knocking something you haven't even tried. I've started a pull box at my comic store again. This is something I haven't done ever since "Doom War" in the BP title. "Storm" is the only book on my pull list. This book is going to rock and you guys are going to be sorry when you finally catch on that you missed the first issues and your comic shop will be fresh out of the books you will have missed. I'm doing you a favor right now in talking this sense to you. Support the book! :)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2014, 09:03:28 pm »
I separate my feelings on Storm the character I love from those on the X offices that I loathe. Mistakes aside at the end of the day the marriage failed by way of their active participation. I agree Storm was poorly used in the Panther series but much of the criticism was absurd and delusional. The Storm Hudlin drafted wasn't the star of all things X Verse,she was was sitting dusty and ignored on the back shelf of the attic. Irrational hate aside Hudlin made her relevant again, he didn't this dishonor her he enthroned her. He gave family (cuz the other kids at the orphanage really aren't your family) added layers and a platform and prestige and they chose to waste that potential and that's on them. I gave up on the marriage with the advent of Age of X and that mess realizing things wouldn't improve and disgusted with the toxic foolishness.
    BP/Storm to me were a perfect match mindful of Batman/Wonderwoman in JLU (maybe why McDuffie wrote them well). I wish he was given the series instead of Mayberry...instead of anyone...didn't happen. But the past is past and I've moved on. Ill support the Storm book...but tentatively. I'm here for no BP shade. I think Cornell got the Storm fanbase cross sections with BP and Pax better because quiet as it's kept a large part of X fandom doesn't care for her and he needs not to alienate members (like me) of the base.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2014, 10:49:26 pm »
Why didn't I think of McDuffie writing the book instead of Maberry? That would have been AWESOME! Thanks, Princesa, for mentioning that. Now I've gotta sit back and think about another missed opportunity. :( Well, at least this new "Storm" title opens a whole realm of possibilities for the character. The interviews with Greg Pak are very encouraging. He's saying all the right things and, best of all, this is a Storm solo title, not just another X-Men team book.

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2014, 04:29:24 am »
Similar to Geoff John's (who writes a great BP btw) or Bendis (who doesn't) , McDuffie is a name and brings his own audience.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2014, 07:12:01 am »
...or did RIP

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2014, 07:16:59 am »
...or did RIP

In case you weren't paying attention, that's exactly why rutog98 brought up Mr. McDuffie's name... 

---as in, not gonna happen.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:33:23 am by Battle »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2014, 10:50:53 am »
...or did RIP

In case you weren't paying attention, that's exactly why rutog98 brought up Mr. McDuffie's name... 

Which shows just how disingenuous his argument is.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2014, 11:53:29 am »
...or did RIP

Which shows just how disingenuous his argument is.

...or shows just how desperate the two of you are to make up crap I did not say. Neither of you can say that I brought up McDuffie prior to Princesa's post. It shows that your arguments are shallow and you can't refute my points sincethe both of you have been reduced to making false claims about things I said to try and win a point over. You sound like bitter sore losers. I've already gone into depth on this stuff on the "IGN Storm/Black Panther Marriage" thread. Perhaps, if you are really sincere, you should go reread what I posted there to brush up on your facts. I doubt you will since all you want to do is sling accusations which you know are lies. For the record, again, I already stated that if Maberry had focused on Storm instead of Shuri when he came on board, I believe the marriage would still be in tact today. Anyway, I'm not going through all of that again. I posted my feelings on this on that other thread. The point I was agreeing on with Princesa was McDuffie would have been an even better pick than Maberry, but I had not thought of it until she brought it up. Making blunders like this gives you away. You're irrational and delusional. You're just sore about the whole marriage thing and your emotions are getting in the way of logic.

Yes, racism from readers was an issue during the marriage, however, there were mistakes made with the handling of Storm at the beginning of the whole project that alienated fans of the character. Again, I've already explained all of this. If you are so sure of your ground, why don't you man up and point out to me specifically what I have said in my posts where I have gone wrong? If you are seriously man enough to take me on, don't just make general comments about things I supposedly said or what I think, do a post and quote things specifically  I've said in my posts that were inaccurate. I try to be honest and fair in my assessment of the whole situation. I seriously doubt you will take me up on this since you know I can back up my position and it doesn't go along with your feelings. Grow up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:57:23 am by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2014, 12:13:43 pm »
>>>rutog98

Here's the deal...   This isn't a win, lose or draw scenario.   No one here is desperate except you... remember you're the one with a book to sell. 
You also don't have a point other than to bring up issues from the past that don't even mean anything to anyone here. The word you're looking for to describe many fans of Black Panther and Storm here is 'disgruntled', not your word choice.
Another thing you might want to think about is learning how to separate one's 'feelings' from the reading material.  The Storm book? The fans here at HEF are simply not 'feeing it', so therefore, they're not interested in the book. 

What do you do in response?  You get personal.

You are a poor salesman.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2014, 01:09:18 pm »
>>>Battle, I was trying to keep things kosher. You started in with the personal attacks on me just a few posts ago with the McDuffie thing. You attacked me and I have a right to defend myself. With my last post, I wasn't thinking of trying to get people interested in the book. The post I made above was me taking a shot back at you and the other guy who took a personal shot at me. Again, it was not an attempt at all to try and get people buy the upcoming "Storm" book.

Now, something else I wanted to say on the whole Storm/BP marriage break up thing. (Spoilers: This has nothing to do with buying the "Storm" book.) While I understand why people are upset about the break up (I think it would have been nice if the marriage was handled in such a way that both Storm and Black Panther fans could be happy with and would have supported), it is imperative to look at ALL of the contributing factors that led up to the annulment of the marriage. It is so easy to try and write it all off as just comicbook reader racism, but when taking a closer look at the situation, there were several different criticisms leveled against the ordeal revolving around the treatment of the character, Storm. In order to get to the truth, one must take a hard look at these criticisms and weigh them fairly to see if there is any validity behind them. While there was a racist faction out there against the marriage for the wrong reasons, there was a far larger outcry about Storm being devalued to make T'challa look good. If you go back a page or two on this thread, I posted an article written by some guy (don't remember who) who outlined what he believed were the problems with the marriage of the two characters. What he posited reflects how most Storm fans who turned against the marriage really felt about the whole thing. Many of those Storm fans that turned against the marriage were Black, by the way. While I do not agree with everything the author of that article said (I addressed some of my points of contention with his piece on that post), there was a lot of merit to some of what he said. I say this as a Storm fan who got into comics because of my love for the character and will only read comics that features Storm in a very visible role. Other than that, I have no interest in comics. You will not find a bigger Storm fan than me and I have a very comprehensive understanding of the character and her canon. On top of that, I supported the marriage and always advocated for it to get better and better and it did get better as their story together progressed. I bought all of the issues of BP from when Storm first started appearing in the title till the end of "Doom War".  So, when I say that there are merits to some of the complaints made from the perspective of Storm fans, I speak from a very knowledgeable POV.

Some of you on here are hoping for the marriage to be repaired. If the people who want the marriage to be reconstituted, or , at least a romantic relationship between the two characters established in the future, and wish for the long term success of that reunion, one must examine both the strengths and weaknesses of the handling of the relationship and marriage the first time around so as to avoid making the same mistakes over again IF a relationship between the two is to be attempted once more  in the future. Otherwise, you'll get the same results and the relationship and/or marriage will fail again with the readership.

Just like some of you (like Moneyspider) don't trust the X-office with Black Panther, many of the Storm fans don't trust a relationship between Storm and T'challa to be fair to her because of many of the many mistakes that were made with the handling of the character at the beginning of the ordeal the first time around. By the time the book started getting better, the Storm fans had already booked off.  Right now, it would be bad for business for the two characters to get together again. It won't have a lot of support. Storm doesn't need to be in a relationship right now, she needs to be alone to get herself together and come once more into her own. This upcoming solo title is a good opportunity for her in this regard. Let the Storm fans get their confidence back in Marvel regarding their favorite character before attempting to put her in a relationship with anyone. That would be the smart play, to be honest. Afterwards, if Marvel wants to try and put the two characters back together, they should examine the strengths and weaknesses of the first attempt to strengthen what was good and eliminate what was weak and replace those weak points with something better.

The reason I've been rehashing old issues is I'm trying to shed a light on the SOME of the truths of the matter that resulted in disaster for the marriage. I see that many people here are disgruntled about the whole thing, and I get that, but I try to offer a fair and balanced perspective on the whole issue. To do that, examples from the past have to be brought up. As far as the racist element goes from some of the protesters of the marriage, there is no point in spending much time on that in discussion. You acknowledge that its there, but then you move on from it. Don't dwell on those people. It will rob you of your peace of mind. You'll never be able to reason with a racist. Instead, look at the other things outside of the racist people that can be worked on, and improve where things can be improved. In bringing in a balanced understanding to the reality of the Storm/Panther marriage failure with the readership, I hope to alleviate some of the cross feelings about the whole thing so people can just move on and hope for a brighter future. It may not happen right away, but coming back to these boards after being out of comics for about 2-3 years and feeling the tension here about the way the marriage thing ended up, I felt it would be good for me to put my perspective out there. Given time, maybe SOME of the posters will who are not happy with the ordeal will come to see certain things and the atmosphere around here will start to feel brighter. That said, I am in total agreement with those of you who are not happy with the way the marriage was ended. I was not happy with the way the marriage was rushed into either, though. Those two instances will always be weakpoints to the whole ordeal.

Personally, I think Hudlin took on a daunting task in writing a Storm/T'challa marriage in the Black Panther title. Storm is larger than life and is truly an epic comicbook character. She has one of the biggest names in the genre and has one of the richest histories/background stories of all characters. (She certainly has the richest and most exciting history of all the X-Men characters!) Trying to balance a title centered on a marriage between these two characters is challenging to do since she could very easily overshadow the Black Panther. At the same time, Storm has to be allowed to shine as the great and monumental character that she is. Not an easy task, but Hudlin took on the challenge and the book was getting better and better.

There is no wonder that whenever Storm is included on an X-Men roster under Claremont, she is always going to be front and center. She has a tendency to even overshadow most of her big named X-Men teammates when written by this scribe who has a great love for the character. She overshadows them many times because her character is so rich, wonderful and powerful that and he puts her inner self and power levels up on display for everyone to see. The other X-Men characters simply can't compete! :)

(Hey, don't hold it against me for that last paragraph. I'm a Storm fan, I have to sometimes indulge and tell the truth just like it is!)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:56:21 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2014, 02:10:52 pm »
>>>Battle, I was trying to keep things kosher. You started in with the personal attacks on me just a few posts ago with the McDuffie thing. You attacked me and I have a right to defend myself. With my last post, I wasn't thinking of trying to get people interested in the book. The post I made above was me taking a shot back at you and the other guy who took a personal shot at me. Again, it was not an attempt at all to try and get people buy the upcoming "Storm" book.

Now, something else I wanted to say on the whole Storm/BP marriage break up thing. (Spoilers: This has nothing to do with buying the "Storm" book.) While I understand why people are upset about the break up (I think it would have been nice if the marriage was handled in such a way that both Storm and Black Panther fans could be happy with and would have supported), it is imperative to look at ALL of the contributing factors that led up to the annulment of the marriage. It is so easy to try and write it all off as just comicbook reader racism, but when taking a closer look at the situation, there were several different criticisms leveled against the ordeal revolving around the treatment of the character, Storm. In order to get to the truth, one must take a hard look at these criticisms and weigh them fairly to see if there is any validity behind them. While there was a racist faction out there against the marriage for the wrong reasons, there was a far larger outcry about Storm being devalued to make T'challa look good. If you go back a page or two on this thread, I posted an article written by some guy (don't remember who) who outlined what he believed were the problems with the marriage of the two characters. What he posited reflects how most Storm fans who turned against the marriage really felt about the whole thing. Many of those Storm fans that turned against the marriage were Black, by the way. While I do not agree with everything the author of that article said (I addressed some of my points of contention with his piece on that post), there was a lot of merit to some of what he said. I say this as a Storm fan who got into comics because of my love for the character and will only read comics that features Storm in a very visible role. Other than that, I have no interest in comics. You will not find a bigger Storm fan than me nor will you find anyone who has a more comprehensive, encyclopedic knowledge base of the character than I do. On top of that, I supported the marriage and always advocated for it to get better and better and it did get better as their story together progressed. I bought all of the issues of BP from when Storm first started appearing in the title till the end of "Doom War".  So, when I say that there are merits to some of the complaints made from the perspective of Storm fans, I speak from a very knowledgeable POV.

Some of you on here are hoping for the marriage to be repaired. The definition of an idiot is somebody who does the same thing over and over again while hoping for a different result. If the people who want the marriage to be reconstituted, or , at least a romantic relationship between the two characters established in the future, and wish for the long term success of that reunion, one must examine both the strengths and weaknesses of the handling of the relationship and marriage the first time around so as to avoid making the same mistakes over again IF a relationship between the two is to be attempted once more  in the future. Otherwise, you'll get the same results and the relationship and/or marriage will fail again with the readership.

Just like some of you (like Moneyspider) don't trust the X-office with Black Panther, many of the Storm fans don't trust a relationship between Storm and T'challa to be fair to her because of many of the many mistakes that were made with the handling of the character at the beginning of the ordeal the first time around. By the time the book started getting better, the Storm fans had already booked off.  Right now, it would be bad for business for the two characters to get together again. It won't have a lot of support. Storm doesn't need to be in a relationship right now, she needs to be alone to get herself together and come once more into her own. This upcoming solo title is a good opportunity for her in this regard. Let the Storm fans get their confidence back in Marvel regarding their favorite character before attempting to put her in a relationship with anyone. That would be the smart play, to be honest. Afterwards, if Marvel wants to try and put the two characters back together, they should examine the strengths and weaknesses of the first attempt to strengthen what was good and eliminate what was weak and replace those weak points with something better.

The reason I've been rehashing old issues is I'm trying to shed a light on the SOME of the truths of the matter that resulted in disaster for the marriage. I see that many people here are disgruntled about the whole thing, and I get that, but I try to offer a fair and balanced perspective on the whole issue. To do that, examples from the past have to be brought up. As far as the racist element goes from some of the protesters of the marriage, there is no point in spending much time on that in discussion. You acknowledge that its there, but then you move on from it. Don't dwell on those people. It will rob you of your peace of mind. You'll never be able to reason with a racist. Instead, look at the other things outside of the racist people that can be worked on, and improve where things can be improved. In bringing in a balanced understanding to the reality of the Storm/Panther marriage failure with the readership, I hope to alleviate some of the cross feelings about the whole thing so people can just move on and hope for a brighter future. It may not happen right away, but coming back to these boards after being out of comics for about 2-3 years and feeling the tension here about the way the marriage thing ended up, I felt it would be good for me to put my perspective out there. Given time, maybe SOME of the posters will who are not happy with the ordeal will come to see certain things and the atmosphere around here will start to feel brighter. That said, I am in total agreement with those of you who are not happy with the way the marriage was ended. I was not happy with the way the marriage was rushed into either, though. Those two instances will always be weakpoints to the whole ordeal.

Personally, I think Hudlin took on a daunting task in writing a Storm/T'challa marriage in the Black Panther title. Storm is larger than life and is truly an epic comicbook character. She has one of the biggest names in the genre and has one of the richest histories/background stories of all characters. (She certainly has the richest and most exciting history of all the X-Men characters!) Trying to balance a title centered on a marriage between these two characters is challenging to do since she could very easily overshadow the Black Panther. At the same time, Storm has to be allowed to shine as the great and monumental character that she is. Not an easy task, but Hudlin took on the challenge and the book was getting better and better.

There is no wonder that whenever Storm is included on an X-Men roster under Claremont, she is always going to be front and center. She has a tendency to even overshadow most of her big named X-Men teammates when written by this scribe who has a great love for the character. She overshadows them many times because her character is so rich, wonderful and powerful that and he puts her inner self and power levels up on display for everyone to see. The other X-Men characters simply can't compete! :)

(Hey, don't hold it against me for that last paragraph. I'm a Storm fan, I have to sometimes indulge and tell the truth just like it is!)

Rutog98, though I agree with many of your points when looking at the whole Storm/Black Panther thing objectively, what are you really trying to accomplish?  I'm curious to see what Pak does with the Storm solo series as well. but coming on the Hudlin board overly trying to sell the book seems desperate...I can see debating certain ideas about how the character should or should not be portrayed, but the book will sell or not sell on its own standing, and if the x-boards are any indication, there should be enough X-fans to support the book for your efforts here not to matter.  Again, I can see your points and agree with many of them about how the marriage was handled, but Hudlin and Panther fans have valid gripes as well about how the X-books portrayed T'challa AND Storm post the break up. The affair with Logan, which is her biggest story since the divorce, was just stupid and a mark against who I've known the character to be since the Claremont days. Hopefully Pak will do better buy her and have some strong stories and definition of who she is that is relatable to her Claremont days and goes beyond even that.  I agree also that Panther should not be used for a long while, not only because of any negativity the "X-fans" might have, but it's been tired out and mishandled by the X-world too.  Let the characters stand and grow on their own before bringing them around each other again anytime soon.

I do think even the naysayers on here though will at least look through the book on the shelves just out of curiosity, if they don't buy outright.  But look, enjoy the book yourself, stop trying to get others to buy a book starring a character from a world they have current and somewhat valid issues with.  If they wanna buy, they'll buy.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2014, 02:39:14 pm »
It's funny how you put the blame of the "slights" to Storm to everyone but the people who've written her recently as a X-Man. You're real quick to say how she was sub servant to T'Challa by Hudlin she has been written actually being sub servant to Logan( across two books ), Cyclops( who under Gillen's pen told her she needs him more the Logan ), Emma who basically has slapped her around in every panel they've had together and Kitty/Rachel who under the great savior Brian Wood have told her she ain't *ish. It's apparently ok however since they're all X-Men and his holiness Claremont brought her to the forefront decades ago( which also gets his questionable stuff a pass or out right ignored ).

You have done the exact same thing other lovers of Storm have done in that it's T'Challa's fault, no one cares about Shuri, Natasha/Khamla/Carol have stolen her spotlight and you fans are bitter then turn right around and say no I wasn't taking any shots at anyone or throwing shade at other characters( that have nothing to do or are even under x-office authority ) and despite showing anger and bitterness swear there is none coming from the end you stand on( while then at the same time telling us to buy this comic just cause and ignore the shade you've thrown out ).

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2014, 04:32:27 pm »
It's funny how you put the blame of the "slights" to Storm to everyone but the people who've written her recently as a X-Man. You're real quick to say how she was sub servant to T'Challa by Hudlin she has been written actually being sub servant to Logan( across two books ), Cyclops( who under Gillen's pen told her she needs him more the Logan ), Emma who basically has slapped her around in every panel they've had together and Kitty/Rachel who under the great savior Brian Wood have told her she ain't *ish. It's apparently ok however since they're all X-Men and his holiness Claremont brought her to the forefront decades ago( which also gets his questionable stuff a pass or out right ignored ).

You have done the exact same thing other lovers of Storm have done in that it's T'Challa's fault, no one cares about Shuri, Natasha/Khamla/Carol have stolen her spotlight and you fans are bitter then turn right around and say no I wasn't taking any shots at anyone or throwing shade at other characters( that have nothing to do or are even under x-office authority ) and despite showing anger and bitterness swear there is none coming from the end you stand on( while then at the same time telling us to buy this comic just cause and ignore the shade you've thrown out ).

Your claims are ridiculous. I already said that I've all but dropped comics over the last 2-3 years because of the treatment of Storm. I am just now getting back into them. Also, I've stated several times that while she was in Hudlin's book, she became mere wallpaper in the X-Men titles during that time. I had stopped reading X-Men, actually, during the Matt Fraction run on the book and was pretty much only reading Black Panther. When Claremont's alternate reality X-book, X-Men Forever, came out, I read that title and haven't really read anything since that book's cancellation. I've already given my opinion on the Storm/Woverine relationship in the other thread. I am writing that off as Storm, in an emotionally vulnerable state, scraping the bottom of the barrel and rebounding hard by being with Wolverine. I stated this earlier and I went even further than this. If you are going to make a claim about my position on something, at least try and be honest about it. Don't try and muddy what I say just because I don't agree with every gripe you have.

To A. Curry,

I never said the BP fans don't have any valid gripes at all (I agree with some of their positions and have said  that in this and the other thread), but I am just taken aback to come back to these boards and find so much hate for the character, Storm, in all honesty. They liked her a lot here, its the fault of bad writing in the X-Men office that she's just wallpaper in the X-Men titles currently. Well, that is changing soon. Not only is she getting her own solo title, but her role in Wolverine and the X-Men has been beefing up recently. I've bought the last two issues and may continue buying the title. I think she is going to be front and center there once Logan is dead. Many of the hard feelings towards Storm that has taken root on these boards towards her is not fair. Also, I wanted to give a more balanced perspective regarding the reality on what happened with the marriage between the two characters in an attempt to try and alleviate some of the hate on the boards for Storm. All that said, your point is well taken. Everybody here now knows that the book is coming out in July. I think some, if not most people here will at least flip through the book in the store if not buy it as you've stated. I'm hoping what I have said has planted a seed in some people's mind that will ease some of the discomfort they have about the unfortunate Storm/BP thing as they will lighten up on the Storm hating as that seed blossoms in some of their minds.

I've done all I can.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:06:38 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2014, 05:20:22 pm »
Nah...

I'll see your "nah" and raise you a...

And should someone ask why such a hardcore Storm fan would reject such a project, the answer is simple:

...and any Storm fan who IS looking forward to this tripe deserves the most vicious of ridicule. Rutog98, the minute I create an invention that will allow me to kick you in your ass every time you post, you (and your ass) are going to be in a world of hurt.

I've done all I can.

Yes, you have. You can always go back to CBR with this nuthugging bullsh*t. HEF has become a little too Drake-like for my tastes, but you? You take the delusional cake, candles, plate, knife AND baker.

The word you're looking for to describe many fans of Black Panther and Storm here is 'disgruntled', not your word choice.

Betrayed is the word I would use, but that's not why I'm not buying the book. I'm not buying the book because the way Storm has been portrayed after the marriage. As in, right motherf*cking now. Who's she going to f*ck in THIS mini? Again...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:34:33 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX