Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 675759 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2014, 06:29:28 pm »
Nah...

I'll see your "nah" and raise you a...

And should someone ask why such a hardcore Storm fan would reject such a project, the answer is simple:

...and any Storm fan who IS looking forward to this tripe deserves the most vicious of ridicule. Rutog98, the minute I create an invention that will allow me to kick you in your ass every time you post, you (and your ass) are going to be in a world of hurt.

I've done all I can.

Yes, you have. You can always go back to CBR with this nuthugging bullsh*t. HEF has become a little too Drake-like for my tastes, but you? You take the delusional cake, candles, plate, knife AND baker.

The word you're looking for to describe many fans of Black Panther and Storm here is 'disgruntled', not your word choice.

Betrayed is the word I would use, but that's not why I'm not buying the book. I'm not buying the book because the way Storm has been portrayed after the marriage. As in, right motherf*cking now. Who's she going to f*ck in THIS mini? Again...

As usual, Maxine Shaw's spitting that undiluted and unfilterred raw truth singned, sealed and delivered with that ether that burns real good.  8)

Storm finally gets a solo after every other tom, dick and harry does and some see that as cause to go all....

rather than realizing that in the wake of Marvel releasing solos featuring evry other character under the sun, the fact that they hadn't done the same for Storm looked mad suspect.

I find it very ironic that it was a majority of Black Panther fans on CBR that kept on raising this question whilst many X-fans posting on the notoriously racist X-boards decided to show their true colors by posting increasingly comments about how useless and irrelavent they felt Storm was much to the shock, horror and chagrin of some of the sself same Storm fans who joined up with this rablle to disrespect the Black Panther and his fanbase on CBR as if their lives depended on it.

At the end of the day, I just find it laughable for anyone to have the arrogance to suggest that thye're doing anything to "encourage" anyone on here to read anything independent of their own will.

If Greg Pak comes correct on the book that will no doubt be good for Storm as a character. But if he opts to pull the same sh*t that other X-writers have done by way of disrespecting T'Challa as a character, then f*ck him and everyone down with him.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2014, 06:42:25 pm »
...or did RIP

In case you weren't paying attention, that's exactly why rutog98 brought up Mr. McDuffie's name... 

---as in, not gonna happen.

Which shows just how disingenuous his argument is.

...or shows just how desperate the two of you are to make up crap I did not say. Neither of you can say that I brought up McDuffie prior to Princesa's post. It shows that your arguments are shallow and you can't refute my points sincethe both of you have been reduced to making false claims about things I said to try and win a point over. You sound like bitter sore losers. I've already gone into depth on this stuff on the "IGN Storm/Black Panther Marriage" thread. Perhaps, if you are really sincere, you should go reread what I posted there to brush up on your facts. I doubt you will since all you want to do is sling accusations which you know are lies. For the record, again, I already stated that if Maberry had focused on Storm instead of Shuri when he came on board, I believe the marriage would still be in tact today. Anyway, I'm not going through all of that again. I posted my feelings on this on that other thread. The point I was agreeing on with Princesa was McDuffie would have been an even better pick than Maberry, but I had not thought of it until she brought it up. Making blunders like this gives you away. You're irrational and delusional. You're just sore about the whole marriage thing and your emotions are getting in the way of logic.

Yes, racism from readers was an issue during the marriage, however, there were mistakes made with the handling of Storm at the beginning of the whole project that alienated fans of the character. Again, I've already explained all of this. If you are so sure of your ground, why don't you man up and point out to me specifically what I have said in my posts where I have gone wrong? If you are seriously man enough to take me on, don't just make general comments about things I supposedly said or what I think, do a post and quote things specifically  I've said in my posts that were inaccurate. I try to be honest and fair in my assessment of the whole situation. I seriously doubt you will take me up on this since you know I can back up my position and it doesn't go along with your feelings. Grow up.

The only person making shallow and exceedingly vapid comments in this forum at present is yourself, so please spare us from anymore of this peurile nonsense you've been spouting with every post you've dropped here so far.

Your assessement of the BP/Storm marriage was nonsensical to say the least and the fact that you seem to be of the impression that there are readers desperate to see T'Challa and Ororo back together again, says a lot about the obvious delusion that you seem to share with the X-Office who post AvX, haven't been able to pass up a single opportunity to troll T'Challa's character or mock Ororo in the process of doing so.

You talk about making valid points in your posts when everything you've dropped so far has reeked of disdain for what Reginald Hudlin did with T'Challa and Ororo just because of the rubbishe that EJD wrote.

Please miss us with your revisionist rubbish and get back to hugging the X-nutsack.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2014, 07:03:19 pm »
Nah...

I'll see your "nah" and raise you a...

And should someone ask why such a hardcore Storm fan would reject such a project, the answer is simple:

...and any Storm fan who IS looking forward to this tripe deserves the most vicious of ridicule. Rutog98, the minute I create an invention that will allow me to kick you in your ass every time you post, you (and your ass) are going to be in a world of hurt.

I've done all I can.

Yes, you have. You can always go back to CBR with this nuthugging bullsh*t. HEF has become a little too Drake-like for my tastes, but you? You take the delusional cake, candles, plate, knife AND baker.

The word you're looking for to describe many fans of Black Panther and Storm here is 'disgruntled', not your word choice.

Betrayed is the word I would use, but that's not why I'm not buying the book. I'm not buying the book because the way Storm has been portrayed after the marriage. As in, right motherf*cking now. Who's she going to f*ck in THIS mini? Again...

All this goes to show that I'm smarter than you. Its not my fault you didn't have the sense to stop keeping up with what was going on in the title while those x-writers were destroying Storm's character AFTER the marriage. You people are going on and on about bad Storm writing after the marriage, but I didn't read those issues. You know why? Because what they have been writing in the X-Men titles haven't felt like Storm to me in years. I stopped reading X-Men early during the Matt Fraction run back with Hudlin was still writing Black Panther.I've just been ghosting on boards every blue moon to see if anything was changing regarding the way she was being treated in the x-books. The only thing I read about the breakup in comics was one day when I made my once-in-a-blue moon visit to the comic shop after learning on Comicvine that BP broke up with Storm without any kind of legal proceedings or anything like that. I flipped through said issue to see if it were true. Since you were foolish enough to subject yourself to all of that trash in the x-titles where Storm was being mischaracterized and treated like wallpaper, you deserve all the disappointment you're walking around with. I had the sense to jump off that train before things got this far without keeping up with what was going on. The mistakes that were made with Storm's character I am learning about I do not hold against the character, but the writers.

That said, the premise for this new "Storm" book is very good. There is promise here for Ororo to shine like she hasn't shined in years if not ever. I am going to support this effort by spending my dollars on that book. Also, Storm is a single woman now. If she ends up finding love in the arms of some other man at some point, so be it. Same with T'challa, if he ends up finding love in the arms of another woman, that's fine. He's a single man right now. That said,  I don't think Storm should be with anybody right now after the break up and all. She needs time by herself to get her bearings.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:31:44 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

APEXABYSS

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2014, 08:53:07 pm »
The book is going to fail anyway, let's get real. It's a female lead title in the midst of the other Marvel Now titles She-Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel and Elektra. They all can't be winners, it will probably last a year.

As a reader I want to see Black Panther in the title, but most of all I don't want Pak to forget she's Black.

I think the book can do better than the other female titles put out by Marvel. It has the potential to do very well. Guest-starring T'challa in the title will reduce the book's chances at making it. For the first year of the title, T'challa doesn't need to show up at all. Marvel should do everything it can to make sure the book is a success especially its first twelve issues. That means keeping T'challa far away from the title.

If the book does very well the first year, then I would not mind the Black Panther showing up the next year for an issue or two as a guest-star.

Also, what do you mean he doesn't need to forget she's Black? Elaborate. Classic Storm is just fine the way she is and always should be (I'm ignoring this business about Cyclops and Wolverine recently). She got a lot of fans that way. If by Black, you mean written like she was in the EJD mini, then I wholeheartedly disagree. That Storm will DEFINITELY fail if trying to carry her own title. That was not Storm at all. Keep her speaking patterns formal and keep her regal. I don't want a stereotypical portrayal of Black people with Storm. It's racist, divisive and its not the character that I and others fell in love with. Not all Black people act and talk the same way and that should be reflected in the medium. I think its wonderful and inspiring to see a Black character like Storm speaking as eloquently as she does while having all the regal bearing of a goddess and possessing that fierce, indomitable will and personality backed by her enormous power levels. This is why she is arguably the most popular female comicbook character with her only real rival being Wonder Woman and this needs to remain untouched. She's a character that breaks through the color barriers and one that millions of readers can relate to.

^^^^ you need a hug!

Did anyone check-out The 2014 Presidential White House Correspondents' Dinner?

the “roast” seems quite timely...

"Well, The 2014 Presidential White House Correspondents' Dinner will be headed our way...
Can you believe they’re gonna “roast” the president, his administration & the entire government?
Wanda Sykes, Conan O’brien, Seth Myers, Jimmy Kimmel & many more celebrity comedians have taken part in this foolishness.
No one should have the right to make fun of world leaders (real or fictional). Right?"
~APEXABYSS  (Seth Meyers., my bad)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:50:38 PM by APEXABYSS »

Marvel Comics, if The President Of The United States can get “roasted"....  the new Storm solo series can get it too!
This is the 100th anniversary of the dinner. I’m glad the White House makes provisions for journalists to have a say & be heard. I know the M-office can handle the same scrutiny with the same level of dignity & etiquette. Remember, there are all types of journalists.

Again, on the subject of Storm & BP I’ve done investigative/journalistic research, character deigns, campaigned for a solo series for both characters, fan-fic comics, in-depth discussions & public/ private appeals for years. I can state my opinion from a qualified position.   

I’m sure BP is ready for a solo series as well. Hello?    

So, on with the roasting.

The Mohawk

Sosa’s got the best White Mohawk (check the Belly movie clip). Since Storm is black now. They should research the various hair-styles of black women. We know how Storm got her hair-do. Thanks Logan!! Every time I see her Mohawk, I think about showering, because it makes me feel dirty.

the first issue takes Storm to an idyllic Caribbean community harboring a terrible secret ~Greg Pak

The last thing the Caribbean needs is another Storm. Oh great, a black female X-man bustin’-up bad-guys in The Islands. Wait, yep, that too has been covered.

back on the Mohawk. Victor is the man, but, c'mon son. keeping the same style is like keeping the same attitude. I call it "The Logan Trim"...trim-lol

They seem only interested in Storm after everyone else has already stolen her thunder (straight-swagger-jacked-)!

Korra can do things I've never seen Storm do.

check-out Korra & her legend

and let's not forget about "FROZEN"

Now, Storm is ready? Go back to the drawing board. They have seen the profits of other similar characters, so now she gets her shot. it doesn't seem genuine, jus' money driven.

Racism- silly silly. It's not about race. it's about power & control. Fan-boy corruption.

BP did the same thing Donald Sterling did. Well, kinda. Y’all remember The infamous “Not him…” line. Later, in the same book she gets the Mohawk. Greg & Victor represented Storm with the same "Mohawk"  image. Can we please lose the “Zeus” (Greek God) lighting-bolt earrings? It screams “same ol same” & lack of true character research. I know the earrings are a tradition with Storm but so is the tradition of “Heads of State” remaining married.   

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 09:23:28 pm »
All this goes to show that I'm smarter than you.
The very idea that you think that you are smarter than me over a COMIC BOOK just proves that you are so far beneath me on the intelligence scale that you would have to look up just to be in the range of retard.

Its not my fault you didn't have the sense to stop keeping up with what was going on in the title while those x-writers were destroying Storm's character AFTER the marriage.

I haven't supported Marvel in years, you illiterate bitch. I've been very vocal in that. And *you're* smarter? You can't even read. The best part is that in admitting that you have no idea how Storm is currently being treated, you admit that you're so f*cking ignorant about this issue that you are going to happily throw your money into this racist bullsh*t and not even know that Marvel relies on ignorant motherf*ckers like you. You're happily supporting people who do not deserve your support, or even your respect. Uncle Ruckus ain't got sh*t on you, Rutog98.

The worst part about it is that you're repeating everything that I've said for YEARS, just in a completely different context. In the wise words of Lil Kim: get your own sh*t. Why you ridin mine?

^^^^ you need a hug!

She needs a better pimp. Only the dumbest of whores would come here to peddle their Marvel wares. Nearly all of us have made it clear that we're not supporting the title, so why is she still on her knees trying to suck dick? Cuz Daddy Marvel said so? f*ck outta here with that bullsh*t. #crankdattrolljaboy
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:36:22 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2014, 10:19:55 pm »
Your claims are ridiculous.

Of course you'd say that

I already said that I've all but dropped comics over the last 2-3 years because of the treatment of Storm. I am just now getting back into them

Yet you have no problem throwing other characters under the bus to prop Storm up and her unreleased comic

Also, I've stated several times that while she was in Hudlin's book, she became mere wallpaper in the X-Men titles during that time.[/quote]

Which is false since she wasn't in the X-Books at the time, the x-office even complained about it saying they couldn't do anything with her since she was in his book( yet folks like Logan, Beast and even Gambit can appear in multiple books without a problem )

I had stopped reading X-Men, actually, during the Matt Fraction run on the book and was pretty much only reading Black Panther.

Then you should know she left at the start of that and didn't come back until Warren Ellis took over Astonishing and was the only writer to make use of the idea that T'Challa would fund the X-Men and help their cause and used her as the mouth piece for that( SHOCKING )

When Claremont's alternate reality X-book, X-Men Forever, came out, I read that title and haven't really read anything since that book's cancellation.

Looks like only Marvel knew the old man didn't have it any more and give him non cannon sandbox to whittle away in angrly

I've already given my opinion on the Storm/Woverine relationship in the other thread. I am writing that off as Storm, in an emotionally vulnerable state, scraping the bottom of the barrel and rebounding hard by being with Wolverine.

Yeah you and the fans over at cbr keep saying this song and dance but the x-office gave you want you wanted and now you all act like that wasn't it

I stated this earlier and I went even further than this. If you are going to make a claim about my position on something, at least try and be honest about it.

No you need to be honest with yourself and stop running from the truth, the quicker you own up to your hating on other fans and characters folks might give you a small ounce of respect

Don't try and muddy what I say just because I don't agree with every gripe you have.

I didn't muddy anything that's you again running from the truth

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2014, 10:51:45 pm »
Your claims are ridiculous.

Of course you'd say that

I already said that I've all but dropped comics over the last 2-3 years because of the treatment of Storm. I am just now getting back into them

Yet you have no problem throwing other characters under the bus to prop Storm up and her unreleased comic

Also, I've stated several times that while she was in Hudlin's book, she became mere wallpaper in the X-Men titles during that time.

Which is false since she wasn't in the X-Books at the time, the x-office even complained about it saying they couldn't do anything with her since she was in his book( yet folks like Logan, Beast and even Gambit can appear in multiple books without a problem )

I had stopped reading X-Men, actually, during the Matt Fraction run on the book and was pretty much only reading Black Panther.

Then you should know she left at the start of that and didn't come back until Warren Ellis took over Astonishing and was the only writer to make use of the idea that T'Challa would fund the X-Men and help their cause and used her as the mouth piece for that( SHOCKING )

When Claremont's alternate reality X-book, X-Men Forever, came out, I read that title and haven't really read anything since that book's cancellation.

Looks like only Marvel knew the old man didn't have it any more and give him non cannon sandbox to whittle away in angrly

I've already given my opinion on the Storm/Woverine relationship in the other thread. I am writing that off as Storm, in an emotionally vulnerable state, scraping the bottom of the barrel and rebounding hard by being with Wolverine.

Yeah you and the fans over at cbr keep saying this song and dance but the x-office gave you want you wanted and now you all act like that wasn't it

I stated this earlier and I went even further than this. If you are going to make a claim about my position on something, at least try and be honest about it.

No you need to be honest with yourself and stop running from the truth, the quicker you own up to your hating on other fans and characters folks might give you a small ounce of respect

Don't try and muddy what I say just because I don't agree with every gripe you have.

I didn't muddy anything that's you again running from the truth
[/quote]

1) Who am I throwing under the bus to prop Storm up? I know you don't mean T'challa. Those two have been broken up now for years. It seems like pots and kettle with you. Storm's character is so colorful and rich that nobody has to be thrown under the bus for her to shine. If you want to know the truth, it was Storm's character that was thrown under the bus to prop up T'challa. The two characters were rushed into marriage in an unnatural and unrealistic way with Storm's character taking all the hits. This is what alienated the Storm fans early on. All I'm saying is let Storm shine like the star that she is. Marvel can try all they want to make Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) their first lady and their answer to DC's Wonder Woman, but Marvel's biggest female character is actually Storm whether some of those editors like it or not.

2) Storm was on the cast of some of the X-titles while she was in Black Panther. Get your facts straight. when Warren Ellis took Storm on, she was still married to Panther just like she was still married to Panther when Fraction was writing the book and Storm would show up there. There was a huge uprising among the Storm fans against Fraction for his writing of the character over on the CBR forums WHILE Storm was still in BP. One poster over there even said it should be a national holiday when Fraction leaves the book for the poor way he treated Storm. This was stated during the last 6 issues of Hudlin's run on the BP title. I remember because I quoted that poster over here at that time.

3) In regards to what you said about CC, you're entitled to your opinion. The point I was making is I did not support the x-books.

4) What do you mean "me and the fans over a cbr, etc, etc, etc"? I NEVER advocated for a Storm/Logan relationship. To be frank with you, Storm and Wolverine have been close friends for years. If they actually started dating, it would not be something that would come out of left field. They do have that kind of chemistry.  That said, I have been against the idea since FOREVER because Wolverine's heart will always long for Jean Grey. Storm does not need to be a man's second choice, but his first. This is one thing Panther had going for him (with this fan) over Wolverine. He preferred Storm OVER all other women. That said, I think the two characters were rushed into marriage in a way that did not feel very natural or realistic. So, once again, you make stuff up. As a matter of fact, just recently on the CBR board before the reboot, I posted there against the idea of a Storm/Wolverine relationship though you have plenty of Rolo'ers there who clamor for it. Just to show you don't know what you're talking about, I've barely posted on the CBR boards in years. I'm just getting back to it. Every now and then, when I used to post out of the blue, some of my friends and fellow Storm fans would welcome me back and ask me to stay. The x-titles were so bad that I had no reason to keep abreast with the board. Now, I do.

5) Stop making stuff up.

@Maxine

If you're so easily offended, then you should not have thrown a punch at me first. I did not insult you or come at you in any way at all. If you disagree with my position, you could have and should have responded to it in a civil manner. There's no point in trying to discuss anything with you. You get too emotional and you become irrational. I hold nothing against you. I am not your enemy. Take care.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:19:11 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2014, 11:20:08 pm »
If you're so easily offended, then you should not have thrown a punch at me first.

The f*ck are you talking about? Since when is "nah, I'll pass" a punch?

If you disagree with my position, you could have and should have responded to it in a civil manner.

You're taking it up the ass for Marvel and getting nothing in return but pubic burn on your chin. I'm merely pointing that out. Don't like it, stop doing it.

There's no point in trying to discuss anything with you.

Nobody cares about what you're prattling about, and as long as you keep prattling, you're going to keep getting cock slapped. And you're right. You and I have nothing to discuss - for any reason - as long as you're here at HEF. I don't converse with corporate whores.

*adds Rutog98 to the (n)ignore list*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:25:15 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2014, 11:42:31 pm »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2014, 05:03:27 am »
Maxine Shaw and Genki Sudo have more or less covered it as regards this assclown coming onto the HEF to peddle his particular brand of condescending BS.

It's pretty much obvious that some love to choose the Uncle Tom/Aunt Jemima route to travel on in favour of scraps from massa's table so a lot of the rubbish Rotgut69 has posted here hasn't really come as a suprise to me.

Anybody with even the most rudimentary of reasoning capacity would have recognized that post AvX, the X-office had done nothing of worth with Ororo other than turn her into a fool with no other mandate than to cheapen herself on Wolverine's cock.

This in their eyes, was vastly preferable to her actually being a Queen in her own right with all of the political clout and influence that came with that station.

The X-Office felt it would be better for Storm to go back to the dysfuntional X-Universe with their Schism's and faux revolution rather than have her be an evolved character in much the same way as is the case for Queen Medusa of the Inhuman's who in the absence of Black Bolt, is doing all possible to safeguard her people and bring order to the chaos that the Terrigen explosion has caused.

Ororo on the other hand, spends time pondering whether she should get permission from massa to form her own group and some of her fans dance for joy on the plantation even as the noonday sun of their stupidity fries their brains into a state of imbecility. :smh:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2014, 06:15:46 am »
Wait... wait...  wait...   :)

Watch this character rutog98 throw up another 'wall of text'  in response !

Watch!   ;)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2014, 06:23:30 am »
Wait... wait...  wait...   :)

Watch this character rutog98 throw up another 'wall of text'  in response !

Watch!   ;)

What really pisses me off with idiots like this is that they have the audacity to talk as if Storm fans are all one large monolithic group.

I grew up reading the original X-book that she featured in back in the 1970's and followed her adventures for years before the internet even existed ,so for this clown to come on here and start pontificating about the virtues of a Storm who's been thoroughly devalued in the X-universe is nothing more than a truly pathetic joke.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2014, 06:49:05 am »
What really pisses me off with idiots like this is that they have the audacity to talk as if Storm fans are all one large monolithic group.

I grew up reading the original X-book that she featured in back in the 1970's and followed her adventures for years before the internet even existed ,so for this clown to come on here and start pontificating about the virtues of a Storm who's been thoroughly devalued in the X-universe is nothing more than a truly pathetic joke.

You cannot allow yourself to get emotionally involved with characters like that.  The only exception is when you're laughing at them.

Remember what I wrote about comicbook fanatics?  How irritating they are?  They are the only people like this on planet Earth.
Them and video game fanatics....   
...and Star Trek fanatics...

... and Star Wars fanatics...

Most people classify them as 'nerds' but that's getting old. Hell, a lot of pop culture phenoms I enjoy are nerdy but not like these types.  Fanboys is what they are.  Real creepy types.  :-[

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2014, 09:01:25 am »

Agreed 100%.  8)

You cannot allow yourself to get emotionally involved with characters like that.  The only exception is when you're laughing at them.

Remember what I wrote about comicbook fanatics?  How irritating they are?  They are the only people like this on planet Earth.
Them and video game fanatics....   
...and Star Trek fanatics...

... and Star Wars fanatics...

Most people classify them as 'nerds' but that's getting old. Hell, a lot of pop culture phenoms I enjoy are nerdy but not like these types.  Fanboys is what they are.  Real creepy types.  :-[

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2014, 09:10:34 am »
The one thing we know for a fact is that the average X-fan cares little about the rest of the Marvel universe.

AvX, as an exercise in forcing those characters to confront the rest of the MU was designed to piss them off.
That was half the point of it.

So all the calls for Storm to engage the larger Marvel Universe were bound to go deaf ears the moment Reg left.

Just because the Xoffice was never going to let Storm supplant Cyclops as head mutant, never meant that they
were gonna let things lie with the character either.

Half my reason for championing Shuri in the first place was because it was inevitable that the Xoffice was going to snach Storm back at some point. Hell, both Clairmont and the 90's Xtoons both shipped Storm/Logan as a couple in the (alt) future.

We can't even say that our fanbase generates more money for Marvel than the Xoffice either. There was the potential for
that, true but that was mostly with outsiders to comics fandom (which is were the book's big appeal was).

But its harder to get new fans engaged in the first place than it is to hook the
folks that already come to the LCS every week.

They went with where the thought the money was.

All of this was kind of apparent at the time too.