Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455767 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2014, 09:32:20 am »
Sorry until that happens this is nothing more than speculation at best.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2014, 10:19:49 am »
Similar to Geoff John's (who writes a great BP btw) or Bendis (who doesn't) , McDuffie is a name and brings his own audience.

Geoff John wrote BP? I freakin love GJ!! When did he write BP?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2014, 10:39:16 am »
Similar to Geoff John's (who writes a great BP btw) or Bendis (who doesn't) , McDuffie is a name and brings his own audience.

During his short Avengers run( Red Zone )

I know it's gotten the stamp of approval by others but all I know Johns from is his GL and Flash stuff and as a Kyle and Wally fan his writing of them didn't endear himself to me

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2014, 11:14:08 am »

During his short Avengers run( Red Zone )

I know it's gotten the stamp of approval by others but all I know Johns from is his GL and Flash stuff and as a Kyle and Wally fan his writing of them didn't endear himself to me

Ohhhhh YEEEAAAHHHHH!! He MERKED that run. Helluva good writing by our Geoff Johns on that run. "TChalla, I know you like to manipulate people and move people around like chess pieces. But I'm not playing your game."

"But Stark...you're my knight!" CLASSIC LINE.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2014, 10:53:42 am »
Is she still with Logan or not because if she is I'm not spending a dime on this book.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2014, 01:21:30 pm »
Is she still with Logan or not because if she is I'm not spending a dime on this book.
You should see the panel of Logan saying the classic line of "you're too good for me" despite the fact that I slept with you.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2014, 02:55:02 pm »
You should see the panel of Logan saying the classic line of "you're too good for me" despite the fact that I slept with you.

"You're too good for me but I hit it anyway LOLOLOL BYE BITCH!"
(might not be an exact quote)
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
Isn't he supposed to die shortly after this title begins.  So he can't be around for long.

Seems like Calisto is going to be one of her first villains.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2014, 04:24:27 pm »
I'd like to see some African gods and goddesses show up in her book...Shango and Oya, for starters.

Shango is the Yoruba god of fire, thunder and lightning, and Oya is the Yoruba warrior goddess connected to wind, lightning, fertility, fire and magic.

Oya:

Shango:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 04:33:24 pm by moneyspider »

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »
I'm with you, Moneyspider. I want to see some uberpowerful characters show up in Storm's title. Callisto is connected to Storm's past, so it makes sense for her to show up in the title, but I want to see Storm face antagonists who are worthy of her power.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2014, 06:53:47 pm »
Good luck with that lol

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2014, 07:04:21 pm »
I'd like to see some African gods and goddesses show up in her book...Shango and Oya, for starters.

Shango is the Yoruba god of fire, thunder and lightning, and Oya is the Yoruba warrior goddess connected to wind, lightning, fertility, fire and magic.

Oya:

Shango:

In my instructionals, I used these very images to show specifically how the knowledge brought about by our African spiritual practices has the most profound impact on our martial arts arsenal, technique application, tactics, strategies, and much more. Much more. I specifically point out that lack of knowledge of the orixas will wholesale prevent you/us/whoever from practicing African martial arts like Kipura...miscalled Capoeira.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2014, 07:05:29 pm »

"You're too good for me but I hit it anyway LOLOLOL BYE BITCH!"
(might not be an exact quote)

*dead*
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2014, 08:16:53 am »
I noticed in the latest solicits of one of his ten books they were "finally" going on a date and I'm thinking I'm not here for this bullish.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2014, 09:48:55 am »
I noticed in the latest solicits of one of his ten books they were "finally" going on a date and I'm thinking I'm not here for this bullish.

That's in "Wolverine and the X-Men", not her ongoing title. That said, Wolverine is going to die soon. You survived the Storm mini by EJD, so you're tough enough to survive this business with Wolverine for just a few more months. I'm not even picking up that Wolverine title.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)