Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455766 times)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2014, 08:42:25 am »
I used to think Forge was afro Cuban. I'd rather seen Storm with a woman but Forge would be acceptable to most.

APEXABYSS

« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »
My apologies. I understand there may be some collateral damage.

Kings & Queens do not divorce. All royalty comes out of Africa- it is an African concept.

remember this...
person of the year 2011 "THE PROTESTOR"

Time editor Rick Stengel said that The Protester was chosen for "steering the planet on a more democratic though sometimes more dangerous path for the 21st century".

He said that demonstrations have occurred this year in countries with populations... , and the word 'protest' has appeared in newspapers and online "more this past year than at any other time in history".

"Everywhere, it seems, people said they'd had enough. They dissented; they demanded; they did not despair, even when the answers came back in a cloud of tear gas or a hail of bullets,"

{ :o }

think about it!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2014, 03:19:39 pm »
I used to think Forge was afro Cuban. I'd rather seen Storm with a woman but Forge would be acceptable to most.

Why would you rather see Storm with a woman.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »

Why would you rather see Storm with a woman.

Agreed. Storm is straight. There are some Storm fans who want Storm to be bisexual. I don't think its a natural fit for her and I think it holds the potential of doing her character irreparable harm. Storm is really Marvel's iconic female character. Its not Carol Danvers, no matter how much Marvel tries to push it. This is a very controversial issue for today and I would consider it to be very racist of Marvel to make Storm into a lesbian or bisexual. The reason I call it racist is they are not willing to make this move with big named White characters like Iron Man, Captian America, Thor or Peter Parker Spider Man out of fear of the harm it would do them, so why do it to the most prominent Black character/character of color in the whole history of comics? If Marvel were to do this with Storm, they would try and promote it as them being "progressive" by touting how they are making this epic character a part of the LGBT community. In reality, it would be them using her as a guinea pig since they don't want to take the risk with a very prominent White character. I say, let them make Carol Danvers or Steve Rogers or Tony Starks gay if their aim is to make a major character gay. There is a reason why Marvel and DC don't make give their flagship characters this kind of sexual orientation.

A few years ago, there was talk of doing an X-Men movie spin-off on Storm. If they made her gay in the comics, it would be all over the media if the idea of a movie ever saw the light of day. People will be talking about a superhero movie coming out featuring a gay character lead. Many parents will not take their kids to see the movie and many others will be turned off by the idea completely. Even outside of comicbook movies, in mainstream society, you don't see gay movies out in the theaters. People know a movie centered on a gay character will by no means compete in box office sales with comparable films about heterosexual characters.

By keeping Storm with men, she will appeal to a much broader range of audiences. It good for business and I think its a horrible idea to try and make her the "ultimate minority": Black, female, LGBT.  I believe a move like this would permanently regulate Storm to second string character status.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:29:28 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2014, 07:22:32 am »
I think Storm is definitely bisexual and this isn't me projecting its always been part of her presentation. Even Hudlin shaded her and Yuriko.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2014, 07:26:06 am »
I think Storm is definitely bisexual and this isn't me projecting its always been part of her presentation. Even Hudlin shaded her and Yuriko.

You mean Yukio. Yuriko is a different character, entirely.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2014, 02:09:20 pm »
Just like a Storm fan to throw shade on another female that doesn't inhabit the x-world

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2014, 04:36:22 pm »
Just like a Storm fan to throw shade on another female that doesn't inhabit the x-world

I meant as in Yuriko Oyama a.k.a. Lady Deathstrike.

And I'm not really much of a Storm fan these days.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2014, 05:37:34 pm »
Talking about Rut throwing Carol Danvers under the bus, Rut's thirst is very strong

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »
Talking about Rut throwing Carol Danvers under the bus, Rut's thirst is very strong

Oh. My bad.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2014, 12:41:34 am »

You mean Yukio. Yuriko is a different character, entirely.
I tend to confuse those two.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2014, 05:54:34 am »
It's funny you say that about Storm but at the same time she rarely had any appearances outside of the x-verse until she got married. Showing up with the X-Men don't count
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2014, 12:42:35 pm »
Acceptable http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=22766&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=53490

Absolutely. FAR better to be with a man who left you sobbing on a floor while he stood over you, berating you. At least he's not black!
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »

Hey, look, if this is done to ANY major flagship character from Marvel or DC, the company would more than likely be throwing that character under the proverbial bus. I don't think its a good idea to do to any large, iconic character, however, if Marvel is going to do it to an icon, there are lots of Carol Danvers out there and lots of Steve Rogers, but only one character of color with the iconic stature of Ororo Munroe. She should be protected. Don't take these kinds of chances with her. Don't make her the guinea pig. Better it be done to Carol or Tony Stark than Storm.

Regarding Storm/Forge, much as I don't care for it, Storm and Wolverine are an item right now. Given that Forge is slated to appear in Storm's book in September, the month Logan dies, maybe he does so to console her? I don't know. I don't like him. That said, Storm is too good for Forge. He's a crusty old man who needs to find a woman in his own age group who is just as ugly and wrinkly as he. Putting Storm with Forge is like driving a Lexus through a jungle. The natives just can't appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:17:34 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2014, 05:29:52 pm »
Storm ain't iconic, she ain't a flagship, she ain't a goddess

She's a mutant aka a X-Man and when Marvel tried to move her beyond that "fans" like yourself threw a hissy fit and Marvel stopped and she became a non factor as they went with other X-Men. No one else is to blame, not Carol, not T'Challa, not Wanda, not Jen Walters, not Elektra only those who wanted the same old stuff.