Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 454874 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »
Storm ain't iconic, she ain't a flagship, she ain't a goddess

She's a mutant aka a X-Man and when Marvel tried to move her beyond that "fans" like yourself threw a hissy fit and Marvel stopped and she became a non factor as they went with other X-Men. No one else is to blame, not Carol, not T'Challa, not Wanda, not Jen Walters, not Elektra only those who wanted the same old stuff.

Unfortunately...except for the zinger thrown at Rutog98...I agree with this.

Ororo SHOULD BE thee TOP FEMALE HEROIN in ALL of the MU. She is NOT. That's the purview of Carol Danvers or Valkyrie...or they might bring back The Celestial Madonna. And even Gamorra is likely to get the nod before Ororo. Although Ororo and Monica Rambeau should be in the short list of Top 4 MU Females. And there's no way you can list Top 4 MU Females without listing Sue Richards.

Acceptable http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=22766&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=53490

Absolutely. FAR better to be with a man who left you sobbing on a floor while he stood over you, berating you. At least he's not black!

Double damn triple damn true. I mean...I hated what Forge did to Storm. She should stuff a sleet and hail storm up his native parts.

It's funny you say that about Storm but at the same time she rarely had any appearances outside of the x-verse until she got married. Showing up with the X-Men don't count

You are DEAD ON correct. But. They Tea Party'd RH for bringing Ororo to the forefront again.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2014, 10:56:49 pm »
When I said that Storm is really Marvel's top female, I made the statement because she is their most recognizable female character to the world at large. Marvel may try and promote Carol Danvers or somebody else, but the everyday person would know Storm way before they would recognize the others.

As a side note, one thing Greg Pak said in an interview that got me excited was he proclaimed Storm to be the most powerful female character in Marvel. I just thought it was awesome that he felt that way. :)
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2014, 11:00:06 pm »
Storm ain't iconic, she ain't a flagship, she ain't a goddess

She's a mutant aka a X-Man and when Marvel tried to move her beyond that "fans" like yourself threw a hissy fit and Marvel stopped and she became a non factor as they went with other X-Men. No one else is to blame, not Carol, not T'Challa, not Wanda, not Jen Walters, not Elektra only those who wanted the same old stuff.

First off, I thought the marriage between Storm and T'challa had a lot of potential. I did not throw a fit about it though I complained about the mini and how the characters were just thrown together without any realistic build up to marriage.

That said, Storm's role is stepping up. She's being primed to take Wolverine's place when he dies in Wolverine and the X-Men, she's getting her own solo and she's a member of "Amazing X-Men" authored by Chris Yost who has a great love for the character and writes her well. She went through a slump, but she's coming out of it.

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2014, 04:06:25 pm »
That said, Storm's role is stepping up. She's being primed to take Wolverine's place when he dies in Wolverine and the X-Men, she's getting her own solo and she's a member of "Amazing X-Men" authored by Chris Yost who has a great love for the character and writes her well. She went through a slump, but she's coming out of it.
A 30+ year slump?
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »
A 30+ year slump?

That's Rut, a contradicting post at every turn

"I don't throw shade"

Then throws shade in the next post

The thirst is real

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2014, 05:44:12 pm »
When I said that Storm is really Marvel's top female, I made the statement because she is their most recognizable female character to the world at large. Marvel may try and promote Carol Danvers or somebody else, but the everyday person would know Storm way before they would recognize the others.

As a side note, one thing Greg Pak said in an interview that got me excited was he proclaimed Storm to be the most powerful female character in Marvel. I just thought it was awesome that he felt that way. :)

I wonder if Black Widow is now more recognizable after the Avengers, Iron Man and Cap movies and cartoons than Storm.  If there is a premiere female hero in Marvel, it is Black Widow, not Captain Marvel or Storm.   After all, Black Widow became actually got a team-up animated movie; a higher profile than Storm ever had.  (And for some reason Punisher is being pushed in these animated movies too; first teaming up with Iron Man (and Black Widow is in that animated video too, and now he team up with Black Widow.)  She's so popular, there is talk of a solo movie for her. 

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2014, 07:00:14 pm »
A 30+ year slump?

;D ;D ;D ;D
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2014, 11:29:41 pm »

I wonder if Black Widow is now more recognizable after the Avengers, Iron Man and Cap movies and cartoons than Storm.  If there is a premiere female hero in Marvel, it is Black Widow, not Captain Marvel or Storm.   After all, Black Widow became actually got a team-up animated movie; a higher profile than Storm ever had.  (And for some reason Punisher is being pushed in these animated movies too; first teaming up with Iron Man (and Black Widow is in that animated video too, and now he team up with Black Widow.)  She's so popular, there is talk of a solo movie for her.

Okay, I must say...imo Widow is long overdue for movie props. She is just brimming with possibilities. I'm still disgusted that Marvel managed to screw up on ELEKTRA THE WAY THAT THEY DID. And I have to say that I forgot about Widow's recent explosive popularity due to the Avengers movies and had no idea about the animated stuff.

And THE TASKMASTER should be Marvel's Deathstroke.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2014, 08:52:30 am »
I think the top woman character in Marvel right now is Black Widow and I love her movie presentations.She is competent and formidable even with no powers and I love that . No shade (as she is certainly a favorite of mine) but Storm is a Black (black-ish )chick with white hair so of course she's recognizable. As far as Forge goes...best thing I can say he's not Wolverine. Logan is my deal breaker on this book. I HATE them together...and is thought they were quits...

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:03:06 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2014, 02:11:50 pm »
^^^^^This is EXCITING! July 23rd can't get here FAST ENOUGH!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2014, 04:25:37 pm »
http://www.newsarama.com/21442-storm-1-first-look-blows-away-her-enemies.html

Business as usual.

Why am I not suprised at the continued anti-black male vibeonce again exhibited by the X-Office and Greg Pak, their latest Kool Aid inductee.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
"But Greg Pak won't write Africa as being a land of savages cause you know he too is a man of color"

"Fans" really got what they wanted her being a nothing like them African savages and more men of color emasculation, I am shocked they haven't tagged Tyler Perry to do a Storm mini

Madea Goes To The JGS

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2014, 02:37:38 am »
It's the only way to see black males in an X-book. Villianified. Anytime I've ever seen a x-story that for whatever reason, sends them Africa, we always get the same ish. I will not be supporting this book, just like I haven't bought any X book in the past ten years (aside from AvX, those two issues linked to The story Reggie wrote early in his run and that X-annual right before the wedding).

I'd rather read a book about Monica/Spectrum. She's been awesome in MA.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:09:01 pm by BLANKS!!! »