Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 727549 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2014, 06:08:25 am »
Oh giddy Storm is fighting African militias again. Next arc she'll fight a possessed character from the shadow king.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2014, 07:45:22 am »
Oh giddy Storm is fighting African militias again. Next arc she'll fight a possessed character from the shadow king.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2014, 09:23:15 am »

Before or after she suckerpunches T'Challa?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2014, 10:11:57 am »

Actually, she's in the Caribbean, not Africa. Secondly, you (and the others) had no problems with Storm fighting rogue African militants when BP was trying to get her to marry him, but now, all of a sudden, you do. Stop with the double standards, guys. This is getting old.

Seriously, Storm and the Black Panther broke up. You people are complaining about all the shots taken at T'challa after the break up, yet Storm was treated WORSE at the beginning of the whole project to bring the two characters together and you guys have no problems with that.

In real life, one of the major issues in the Black community has to do with Black women complaining about how Black men don't respect them. There is a lot of merit to this as well. Indeed, many Black women are now dating White men because of this and are being treated better by White men in those relationships than the Black men treated them when they dated Blacks. I hope we are not seeing a microcosm of that here. I hope this is not the mentality being shown by some of you (not all of you), but its starting to look that way.

Lets put things in perspective, the shots T'challa took after the marriage was done is NOTHING compared to the way Storm was disrespected at the beginning of the marriage project. Some of you on here (Black men, at that) are even hoping for Storm to be humiliated by a White woman in the relationship department concerning Wolverine which totally flies in the face of the rhetoric you guys are spewing here...which makes it just that, rhetoric.  So, let me get it straight, its okay for Storm to be disrespected because she is a Black woman, but not T'challa because he is a man?

Most of you guys on here are simply trying to hide behind race issues on this. Its just a stick you try and use to attack Marvel for breaking up Storm and T'challa. Stop being pretenders on this. If you were real about your "concern" in the treatment of Black characters, you would have shown this same outrage when Storm was being disrespected in that Dickey mini and everything. I mean, what Dickey basically said in his mini in having Ororo and T'challa have sex as children is that Black girls are whores. He glorified this in his story and portrayed it as being something epic. This is made worse by the fact Storm was 12 and T'challa 16 in that abominable mini. That story also devalued Storm in many other ways as well. To top all of this off, Dickey didn't do this to just any Black female character, but a Black woman who was put on a pedestal even above her White female counterparts for many years by the writer who wrote the original Storm/T'challa story. Storm was untouchable and almost beyond mortal men in the way she was originally portrayed. I remember an e-mail I got from Claremont years ago during the whole "Invasion Arc"  in X-Treme X-Men where Khan wanted to marry Storm. CC said to me" What's a girl to do? This man likes her, but she has no interest in him. Problem with pairing Storm in a relationship is nobody is good enough for her." See how she was put up on a pedestal? And then, Dickey did this thing in the mini. No outrage on the part of many of you about any of this who are complaining about stuff now.  Also, there are a few examples early on in the marriage where Storm lost her voice. She lost that indomitable, independent spirit that is her trademark. Of course, some of these issues got better over time.  The true victim of the whole thing is Storm, not T'challa as the atrocities visited upon her character were much worse than this pettiness about her making unflattering comments about him after the annulment.

Personally, I think its a good thing that the two were broken up as her character was being hurt by the marriage. She was being held back A LOT. Don't wanna except this? Try this on for size, even when T'challa was put out of commission by Dr. Doom, it was Shuri who got the shine instead of Storm. In other words, Storm played second fiddle to a third string character. She would have continued to play second fiddle in this book, too, as the precedence had been established for this with the Shuri thing. I mean, Shuri? Really? There was a lot of potential with this marriage, but it was screwed up. That's just reality.

Finally, Storm is getting her own ongoing. Finally, she has the opportunity to shine like never before. Also, she is going to fight White characters in her book and not only Blacks, so its not a slight on Blacks that she is fighting dark-skinned characters in her title. Get over it. This book is a good thing and something that should be supported. If you really cared about Black characters, you people should be rooting for a well-written, successful book about the premier Black character in comicbook history. Black Panther has Black villains in his rogues gallery (Killmonger, Achebe anyone), but Storm can't have Black sparring partners?

Did the Storm/BP marriage need to end? The answer is a loud and resounding "YES!". Do I like the way the marriage was ended? No. However, you guys are getting petty. I mean, you make a mountain out of a mole hill. Take for instance what the Amazing X-Men Annual that came out earlier this month where Storm said she did not want or need T'challa's help to deal with a personal, family matter. You guys got all up in arms over that and overreacted. I already gave my counter to that with the T'challa/Doom situation where he told Storm not to interfere in that fight and also showed where Storm did the same thing to the X-Men when she confronted Candra in X-Men issues 60-61. However, even barring those facts, to get up in arms like you guys did because she said she didn't want or need T'challa's help was petty as that pales in comparison to the disrespect Storm's character endured on several different occasions.
Also, she is iconic. I don't care what anybody says. The X-Men books are Marvel's biggest book and Storm is the undisputed first lady of the X. She is large and in charge.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:58:49 am by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2014, 11:03:51 am »

In real life, one of the major issues in the Black community has to do with Black women complaining about how Black men don't respect them. There is a lot of merit to this as well. Indeed, many Black women are now dating White men because of this and are being treated better by White men in those relationships than the Black men treated them when they dated Blacks. I hope we are not seeing a microcosm of that here. I hope this is not the mentality being shown by some of you (not all of you), but its starting to look that way.

Actually, one of the major issues in the Black community is economic inequality.

Domestic violence is simply a by-product of that major issue I just pointed out.  Every single ethnic group is affected by domestic violence.

Now, why and what you brought up has to do with the Storm comicbook folks here at HEF dread, is beyond me.

Offline KidKamikaze10

• Some Nigerian Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2014, 11:44:42 am »
A few things, because though I don't agree with everything said in this thread and others, this argument is faulty:

One, the fact that it's in the Caribbean is even worse.  Because then they are putting African stereotypes in a region where it doesn't make sense.

Two, I don't think many people like Dickey's mini anyway.

Three, telling us who to support while throwing shade on Shuri.  Nice.  Didn't someone else bring this up with Carol?  I wouldn't bring up pettiness if you're going to do that, among other things.

Four, the pedestal is part of the problem with Storm's character.  That's not awesome, that's not humanizing; that's fetishizing, that's flattening the character, preventing her from being three-dimensional due to fan (and creator) idolizing.

Five, to address the fighting black people thing: yes, Black Panther has black villains.  But he lives amongst black people, his cast is predominantly black.  Storm is in a part of predominantly white cast, lives primarily in America, and only shows up to Africa as a savior, and nothing more till the marriage.  Now that it's over, it's back to doing exactly that: being a savior of the African peasants.  Doesn't sound like a great look right?

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
We're not REALLY doing the "white men/white women treat you better" mental illness because then I'm leaving and never coming back.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2014, 12:05:50 pm »
Rut...you like Storm, looking forward to the book...enjoy it. Personally I like what I like and don't give a flying fcccc what folks think that aren't doing anything for me. It's really not that deep. Ill probably give it a chance but cot damn.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2014, 12:40:16 pm »
I couldn't make it past the first sentence because I am literally lmao

And I thought "Miles Morales is a thug" would never be topped

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:30 pm »
Actually, she's in the Caribbean, not Africa. Secondly, you (and the others) had no problems with Storm fighting rogue African militants when BP was trying to get her to marry him, but now, all of a sudden, you do. Stop with the double standards, guys. This is getting old.

Wait what? What are you talking about? I am not bringing up anything about BP. And if she is "fighting Caribbean militants" to make me "feel better" then you are wasting your time bro/sis. There are no double standards. Same old tired ass story of her fighting militants and the shadow king. Based on what I am viewing all they need are some beggars praising her and generally being incompetent.  It is what it is. Sorry.

Seriously, Storm and the Black Panther broke up. You people are complaining about all the shots taken at T'challa after the break up, yet Storm was treated WORSE at the beginning of the whole project to bring the two characters together and you guys have no problems with that.
Again why are you bringing BP apart of the discussion? He has nothing to do with this. You're reaching.

What in the hell? Now you're talking about BP and then suddenly "black women leave black men" because how they are treated? Isn't based on the choices some of those women made? Don’t bother trying to make up mess out of your ass as you come along like what you are doing now.

Lets put things in perspective, the shots T'challa took after the marriage was done is NOTHING compared to the way Storm was disrespected at the beginning of the marriage project. Some of you on here (Black men, at that) are even hoping for Storm to be humiliated by a White woman in the relationship department concerning Wolverine which totally flies in the face of the rhetoric you guys are spewing here...which makes it just that, rhetoric.  So, let me get it straight, its okay for Storm to be disrespected because she is a Black woman, but not T'challa because he is a man?

What in the hell are you whining about? Take your straw man somewhere.

Most of you guys on here are simply trying to hide behind race issues on this. Its just a stick you try and use to attack Marvel for breaking up Storm and T'challa. Stop being pretenders on this. If you were real about your "concern" in the treatment of Black characters, you would have shown this same outrage when Storm was being disrespected in that Dickey mini and everything. I mean, what Dickey basically said in his mini in having Ororo and T'challa have sex as children is that Black girls are whores. He glorified this in his story and portrayed it as being something epic. This is made worse by the fact Storm was 12 and T'challa 16 in that abominable mini. That story also devalued Storm in many other ways as well. To top all of this off, Dickey didn't do this to just any Black female character, but a Black woman who was put on a pedestal even above her White female counterparts for many years by the writer who wrote the original Storm/T'challa story. Storm was untouchable and almost beyond mortal men in the way she was originally portrayed. I remember an e-mail I got from Claremont years ago during the whole "Invasion Arc"  in X-Treme X-Men where Khan wanted to marry Storm. CC said to me" What's a girl to do? This man likes her, but she has no interest in him. Problem with pairing Storm in a relationship is nobody is good enough for her." See how she was put up on a pedestal? And then, Dickey did this thing in the mini. No outrage on the part of many of you about any of this who are complaining about stuff now.  Also, there are a few examples early on in the marriage where Storm lost her voice. She lost that indomitable, independent spirit that is her trademark. Of course, some of these issues got better over time.  The true victim of the whole thing is Storm, not T'challa as the atrocities visited upon her character were much worse than this pettiness about her making unflattering comments about him after the annulment.

More accusations of your ass? Fine I hated reading that trash of the book. The majority of the people I have read so far didn’t like it. You must have missed my post where I was trashing it myself.

For reference:
Just by going through this man's website; the books he writes has a tendency to deal with sex, cheating, and the drama that comes with it in some form or fashion. SMH. I haven't touched the book when I heard the announcement. Still makes me wonder how in the hell he got a glyph award

And

Im still trying to understand how a writer whom is known to write the "hood dramas" was even allowed to write the storm mini?

Also I was formerly a shareholder of Disney. I didn’t like how the brands were showing characters of color. So I got out. I got tired of putting money into an organization with their treatment. To add I took my money elsewhere. Right now Brandon Thomas’ Miranda Mercury has my interests more on a black heroine than Storm could ever bring in the table: Indy writer whom does good work.

Hell I also gave my money to Redjack’s book
So basically I took “my money where mouth is” and it was elsewhere.

Personally, I think its a good thing that the two were broken up as her character was being hurt by the marriage. She was being held back A LOT. Don't wanna except this? Try this on for size, even when T'challa was put out of commission by Dr. Doom, it was Shuri who got the shine instead of Storm. In other words, Storm played second fiddle to a third string character. She would have continued to play second fiddle in this book, too, as the precedence had been established for this with the Shuri thing. I mean, Shuri? Really? There was a lot of potential with this marriage, but it was screwed up. That's just reality.

Who were doing the “screw-ups”? It certainly wasn’t Hudlin and it wasn’t McDuffie either. All Shuri was that she became BP that’s pretty much it. However you as a fan should be used to her “second fiddle” because she became betsy sidekick, lost the title of “leader” to Emma and hell even Jubilee had more cameo appearances outside of the x-verse.

Finally, Storm is getting her own ongoing. Finally, she has the opportunity to shine like never before. Also, she is going to fight White characters in her book and not only Blacks, so its not a slight on Blacks that she is fighting dark-skinned characters in her title. Get over it. This book is a good thing and something that should be supported. If you really cared about Black characters, you people should be rooting for a well-written, successful book about the premier Black character in comicbook history. Black Panther has Black villains in his rogues gallery (Killmonger, Achebe anyone), but Storm can't have Black sparring partners?
Read my point of buying black characters that isn’t from marvel earlier. 

Did the Storm/BP marriage need to end? The answer is a loud and resounding "YES!". Do I like the way the marriage was ended? No. However, you guys are getting petty. I mean, you make a mountain out of a mole hill. Take for instance what the Amazing X-Men Annual that came out earlier this month where Storm said she did not want or need T'challa's help to deal with a personal, family matter. You guys got all up in arms over that and overreacted. I already gave my counter to that with the T'challa/Doom situation where he told Storm not to interfere in that fight and also showed where Storm did the same thing to the X-Men when she confronted Candra in X-Men issues 60-61. However, even barring those facts, to get up in arms like you guys did because she said she didn't want or need T'challa's help was petty as that pales in comparison to the disrespect Storm's character endured on several different occasions.

Don’t put me in the category of “up in arms” just by you quoting my small line thinking I was apart of this camp. What does the marriage have anything to do with my point about her fighting “militia” and shadow king again? Elaborate

Also, she is iconic. I don't care what anybody says. The X-Men books are Marvel's biggest book and Storm is the undisputed first lady of the X. She is large and in charge.
Emma, Jean, Jubliee, Rogue, Pixie, hell even Magik. 

I don't really get why you had to place a serious attack on me based on my small comment. Sorry but your points don't fly and all your whining is a drag.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:09:30 pm by BmoreAkuma »
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2014, 03:32:08 pm »
Most of you guys on here are simply trying to hide behind race issues on this.

Either you're one of the "new blacks" or you're white. Either way, I think it's pretty safe to say that most of us here don't give 1/64th of a single f*ck what you think about our so-called racism. What the f*ck do you know about any of us, anyway?

Its just a stick you try and use to attack Marvel for breaking up Storm and T'challa. Stop being pretenders on this. If you were real about your "concern" in the treatment of Black characters, you would have shown this same outrage when Storm was being disrespected in that Dickey mini and everything.

We DID show outrage, Uncle Ruckus. *I* was the one leading the pack, calling for Eric Jerome Dickhead's head on a plate.

I mean, what Dickey basically said in his mini in having Ororo and T'challa have sex as children is that Black girls are whores.

Uh...no, that's what misogynist asshole like you took from it. A woman (or girl) having consensual sex with the man (or boy) she loves does NOT make her a whore. If anything, T'Challa came off as a man whore for mentioning that he'd slept with other women before her. I swear, you should be roundhouse kicked in the head for the stupid sh*t you say.

The X-Men books are Marvel's biggest book and Storm is the undisputed first lady of the X. She is large and in charge.

If STORM is the first lady of the X, I can't imagine how horrible the portrayal of the other X-Women are. Being the first lady of the X is like being the bottom bitch in a stable of whores. Is anybody even talking about this mini? Has it even come out? I haven't heard one thing about it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:41:29 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2014, 05:22:13 pm »
Rut...you like Storm, looking forward to the book...enjoy it. Personally I like what I like and don't give a flying fcccc what folks think that aren't doing anything for me. It's really not that deep. Ill probably give it a chance but cot damn.

Princesa,

The post was not directed at you. I made sure to say "some of you guys". You are not one of the people I was referring to. Regarding the other post you made, I'm going to say this and let it go: To me, one of the best kept secrets of the Black community is that Black woman. There is no woman in the world that is as nurturing, strong and sacrificing (where family is concerned) as that confident, strong Christian Black woman. While you have good women in every race, from my own personal observations, none compares to a special Black woman. To everyone, This is my opinion on the matter and it is fact as far as I am concerned. I am not interested in debating it because I am right. Case closed. Back to Princesa:  I say this because you mentioned in your post "White men/White women". While there are many good Black men out there as well, however, there is a problem in the community with quite a few Black men not showing Black women the respect they deserve. Its a huge enough problem that it is a concern for many Black women who are raising their voices about it. I'm merely pointing out a parallel here between real life and what appears to be going on here. Also, I don't believe that just because person is a certain skin color makes them a better choice for having a relationship with them. It has to do with the two individuals themselves.

Nobody that is hating on Storm now was hating on Panther when Storm was being disrespected way back when to prop him up. As a huge Storm fan myself, I didn't hate him either when she was being devalued to prop him. I blamed the writing, hoped things got better with time as I saw a lot of potential in the whole thing. Now, if a person is excited about Storm getting a shot at having her own book and wants to express that on this board, there is a faction of people here who want to ridicule you for it. Again, some people, not everyone. This is what I am getting at. If people don't want Storm to have her own book or if they are a hater of the character, why come to a thread about the book just to hate on her and hate on the title? This is not the thread for that.

I don't know how to multi-quote people to respond to many different posts, so I'll respond to some of the points right now on this post.

First off, I did not bring up BP in this discussion. Others did when they posted scans of the BP/Storm fight in response to the preview pages from the upcoming "Storm" issue I presented. After that, it was followed by the same old rhetoric about the "X-offices don't respect Black men because Storm is fighting some Black criminals in her first issue and she punched BP in the face." What I am talking about is hypocrisy. People are inserting race into the break up between Storm and T'challa talking about how he is getting the shaft because he is a Black man and he is being disrespected as a Black man. This is a position that is tenuous at best, to be frank. The sale numbers of the BP book were on a sharp decline, Storm was made to play second fiddle to a third string character in the book when Shuri took over and as a result of poor characterization of Storm that took place at the beginning of the whole ordeal, many of her fanbase were very resentful of the marriage. Her role in the title was declining and her character held back. The marriage needed to end. I don't think anyone here disputes that the way the marriage ended was bad, however, to always insert race into anything having to do with Storm's book in a negative way to victimize Black men is tired and old. The hypocrisy comes in when these same passionate feelings/arguments were not made when Storm truly was being disrespected in many ways early on yet these same people were oblivious to that and offered praise for it when it happened. If they are going to keep pushing this racial thing with Black Panther, then I'm gonna call them on that...especially when they are bringing this negativity to a thread that is supposed to be an uplifting thread about Storm's upcoming book.

Back to you, Princesa, again, you were not in my thought when I made the comments I made. I realize you have some criticisms of much  of what has transpire in canon and I am not saying that they are completely unfounded. One thing I can say for you is you try and be fair. You are also able to see things from the perspective of a Storm fan and how her character was victimized in many ways while at the same time you try and see things from the BP side where things may have been unfair to his character. I think you try to be fair though I don't agree with everything you say (and you don't agree with everything I say...and that's cool). I hold Jenn in the same boat as you on this as well as some others. However, I have to be truthful to say that there is some major Storm hating going on with some of the people here and they are bringing that into a thread that is supposed to be positive where those of us who truly love the character and want the book to do well can come and give voice to their enthusiasm for the upcoming product.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:05:35 pm by Rutog98 »

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2014, 06:29:47 pm »

Princesa,

The post was not directed at you. I made sure to say "some of you guys". You are not one of the people I was referring to. Regarding the other post you made, I'm going to say this and let it go: To me, one of the best kept secrets of the Black community is that Black woman. There is no woman in the world that is as nurturing, strong and sacrificing (where family is concerned) as that confident, strong Christian Black woman. While you have good women in every race, that none compares to a special Black woman. This is my opinion on the matter and it is fact as far as I am concerned. I am not interested in debating it because I am right. Case closed. I say this because you mentioned in your post "White men/White women". While there are many good Black men out there as well, however, there is a problem in the community with quite a few Black men not showing Black women the respect they deserve. Its a huge enough problem that it is a big concern for many Black women. I'm merely pointing out a parallel here between real life and what appears to be going on here. Nobody that is hating on Storm now was hating on Panther when Storm was being disrespected way back when to prop him up. As a huge Storm fan, I didn't hate him either. I blamed the writing and just hoped things got better. Now, if a person is excited about Storm getting a shot at having her own book and wants to express that on this board, there is a faction of people here who want to ridicule you for it. Again, some people, not everyone. This is what I am getting at. If people don't want Storm to have her own book or if they are a hater of the character, why come to a thread about the book just to hate on her and hate on the title? This is not the thread for that.

I don't know how to multi-quote people to respond to many different posts, so I'll respond to some of the points right now on this post.

First off, I did not bring up BP in this discussion. Others did when they posted scans of the BP/Storm fight in response to the preview pages from the upcoming "Storm" issue I presented. After that, it was followed by the same old rhetoric about the "X-offices don't respect Black men because Storm is fighting some Black criminals in her first issue and she punched BP in the face." What I am talking about is hypocrisy. People are inserting race into the break up between Storm and T'challa talking about how he is getting the shaft because he is a Black man and he is being disrespected as a Black man. This is a position that is tenuous at best, to be frank. The sale numbers of the BP book were on a sharp decline, Storm was made to play second fiddle to a third string character in the book when Shuri took over and as a result of poor characterization of Storm that took place at the beginning of the whole ordeal, many of her fanbase were very resentful of the marriage. Her role in the title was declining and her character held back. The marriage needed to end. I don't think anyone here disputes that the way the marriage ended was bad, however, to always insert race into anything having to do with Storm's book in a negative way to victimize Black men is tired and old. The hypocrisy comes in when these same passionate feelings/arguments were not made when Storm truly was being disrespected in many ways early on yet these same people were oblivious to that and offered praise for it when it happened. If they are going to keep pushing this racial thing with Black Panther, then I'm gonna call them on that...especially when they are bringing this negativity to a thread that is supposed to be an uplifting thread about Storm's upcoming book.

Well, considering the fact that I was the individual who posted the pics of Storm physically assaulting T'Challa during AvX alongside the scans of the aforementioned Weather Witch laying the smackdown on even more Black men in the scans you posted earlier, suffice it to say that where you see the posibility of positive character progression for Storm as regards her solo book, I see nothing but the same, tired portrayal of Black men as the perrenial problem and despoilers of all that is good and wholesome.

Greg Pak has done nothing more than confirm that he is another cog in the anti-Black machine that the X-Office has been for quite some time now.

On one hand, you rail against what you percieve as being torm hate running wild in this thread whilst you yourself engage in the denigration of a strong African female character in the person of Shuri.....

You're the only hypocrite posting delusional rubbish in this thread.

What you refer to as being "the race thing" is something that the likes of Don McGregor, Joe Quesada, Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin and the late great Dwayne McDuffie have all spoken out on but of course color blind individuals like yourelf find it easier to engage in misdirection and obsfucation as opposed to engaging in genuine discourse.

Carry on.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2014, 07:45:55 pm »

Either you're one of the "new blacks" or you're white. Either way, I think it's pretty safe to say that most of us here don't give 1/64th of a single f*ck what you think about our so-called racism. What the f*ck do you know about any of us, anyway?

If STORM is the first lady of the X, I can't imagine how horrible the portrayal of the other X-Women are. Being the first lady of the X is like being the bottom bitch in a stable of whores. Is anybody even talking about this mini? Has it even come out? I haven't heard one thing about it.

The Storm ONGOING title (not mini) will be out July 27th.

In response to Storm not being iconic: Ororo is probably the most iconic woman from the Marvel Universe. We are used to seeing her as a warring character (even the name has a certain ring to it, "Storm"). However, her origins place her as a bringer of life in Africa rather than a violent warrior. ~Greg Pak

BAM!

There has been  A LOT of hype about this book on the internet. Here is an interview with Pak on the Storm book that just recently came out: http://marvel.com/files/podcasts/mcom_this_week_marvel_now_storm.mp3

Between 10:15 and 10:30 on the interview link, he states that Storm has the power to go toe-to-toe with any of Marvel's big guns. I don't care what any of you haters have to say, this man is singing my song and I am going to buy this book. Its going to rock and if you don't buy it, you'll just miss it.

Regarding the first thing you said, actually, I'm not a "new Black" as I've been Black all my life. I am the epitome of Blackness and you would do well to show some respect. You are probably still trying to find your way while I have grown up with the council of wise elders making me wise. When I speak on the subject, you should close your mouth, take out some pencil and paper and write down the words of wisdom as I impart them as you marvel at my awesome insights so you can grow out of your foolishness. I just scanned through the parts of my post that you responded to. I did not read your responses to most of them save the two that I've posted here. I did that because you are obviously disagreeing with me on what I said based on your opening response to me. There was no need to read your retorts since I am right in what I said which makes you wrong. You should be trying to learn from me all about Blackness because there is nothing you can tell me on the subject. That said, you obviously missed the jist of what I said by singling out the quote you responded to with your opening jab.

You're a hard-headed, stubborn person, but I'm in it for the long haul. Stick with me, Maxine, and one day you, too, will be wise. Educating you is hard work, but somebody's gotta do it.

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2014, 07:57:07 pm »
tl;dr

Cool story, bro. #aintnobodygottimefordat

You're a hard-headed, stubborn person

And you're Rutog98. I win by default.

, but I'm in it for the long haul. Stick with me, Maxine, and one day you, too, will be wise. Educating you is hard work, but somebody's gotta do it.

Hmmm...let's see. I hold an Associate of Science, an Associate of Arts in Teaching, a Bachelor of Arts and am one month from earning my Master of Science en route to another master's - this time, in education. I've been inducted into Phi Kappa Phi - oh, and I earned in my master's in one year, not two. I think I'm covered on the education front.

You, on the other hand, are merely a bourgeoisie Uncle Tom on the internet with terrible reading comprehension skills. You have nothing to teach me about anything for the sole reason that you simply aren't intelligent enough to do so. That has nothing to do with education. You're just dumb as hell, Rutog98. If nobody has told you that before now, consider this a favor. You say such asinine sh*t that I would LITERALLY pay money to see you smashed in the face with a glass bottle. sh*t, you make Flex Hectic look like Stephen Hawking.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:15:41 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX