Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455778 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »
Well she did have dinner at a restaurant with Misty Knight (who I'm indifferent towards, at best), Colleen Wing, and Jean Grey....one time.

Other than that, drawing a blank.

Who remembers the time when Cecelia Reyes addressed Ororo as "Sista" only to have Ororo inform her that she was NOT her sista, sister or any such?

Cece wasn't "family material" as far as patchwork quilt Storm was concerned.

Ororo as written for much of her existence (pre-Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin and Dwayne McDuffie) has always been portrayed as being "above" her innate Africaness because most of the X-writer who've chronicled her exploits have mostly been obsessed with hyping up her exotic mutant status above everything else.

The fact that every other prominent X-man's heritage and ethnic background has been celebrated whilst Storm' has been all but buried, is an irony that's obviously lost on the singular imbecile posting in this forum who finds it convenient to run his mouth about people "hiding behind race" to point out the clear racial agenda that Storm's character is being used to push in the X-books.

Ororo was a joke before Reginald Hudlin introduced her into the Black Panther mythos and she's now an even bigger joke since being returned to the X-book segregationist ghetto.

All day, every day.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2014, 07:38:32 pm »
Which is partly why she's the most "iconic" woman in the MU. Storm is "safe" for the readership.

And why the public was so enraged when she started f*cking a black man. It sullied her in their eyes. Rutting with some dude in a locker room to subconscious stick it to your ex - now THAT'S class.

They were also enraged because "she and said black man had no prior romantic history and fell in love quickly". Unlike the now favored Forge. Who isn't a Native American that is always drawn to look like a 100% white guy, and who she had a long history with/spent a lot of issues with prior to their falling in....oh wait.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You and Maxine served that whole argument with a hood style two piece.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »
As much as Rutog seems to be going on some inane tangents and comes off a bit delusional, In his defense Maxine did say some pretty hardcore things to him...it's her choice and style but wishing violence on dude and cursing at him might be considered a pretty bad look too...not that she cares or even should.  Do you.

The difference is that 1) I don't care how I look, and 2) I'm not trolling a board trying to put some uppity black bitch in her place. Rutog98 is free to be as dumb as he pleases as long as he doesn't mind being HEF's resident f*ckboy.

"Signs you may be a f*ckboy with Professor Houseshoes" | Best Buds Show

As for Storm not having any black friends...in fairness, there aren't a lot of black people in the X-Fandom. She's been seen with a number of them a number of times - or at least as many times as you'd expect in a comic where virtually none of them are actually in the book. I also agree that Storm's blackness is a bit of a joke, but Storm more than likely sees herself as a mutant first, a black woman second/third. We know how much she loves Kenya - remember those HIDEOUS African get-ups she used to be drawn in? It's like...Storm is what white people think elegant black people should be. They think it's a compliment, the way they depict her. Kind of like when white people talk about how articulate they are. You know they mean well, but it still bugs like hell.

That said, though she doesn't know it, I actually like her though we are in disagreement on the idea of supporting Storm's book.

Liking somebody who doesn't like you in the slightest makes you the f*ckboy of all f*ckboys. Nobody better say sh*t to me again about how I treat this jackass. Dude's giving me Flex Hectic tease. *deep shudder*

I can have some fun while I'm at it poking at the hornet's nest and getting a tirade out of her while making light of what she says through selective reading of her posts.

See, it's posts like this that give away your dudebro status. I'm not a thing to be poked or riled, and I don't dislike you because of the Storm book. I dislike you because you're n obsessed bootlicking Uncle Tomming troll who publicly declares that he likes somebody who has made it more than clear that she doesn't like you.

Now, I'll call you an obsessed bootlicking Uncle Tomming troll in a heartbeat, but it's not to make you mad or because I think it's fun. I'll call you an obsessed bootlicking Uncle Tomming troll  because I think you are a bootlicking Uncle Tomming troll. How you feel about it doesn't mean sh*t to me. That's the difference between you and I.

You, on the other, enjoy the idea that you are pissing me off or that I'm taking things personally. This is as is disturbing as it is egocentric. (Because really, who the f*ck ARE you? I thought you were a white woman before now.) We've had far, FAR better trolls here than you, Rutog98, although not nearly as long-winded and bombastic. Just to make this clear, Rutog98, you realize that you genuinely creep me out, right? That I would lock the door and dial 9-1 on my phone with my finger hovering over the second 1 if you were walking down my street? You are the very epitome of a nice guy, and I'm not the only one who sees it. I didn't even have to expose you as a f*ckboy - you did it yourself. Like I said...you're stupid as hell.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:24:30 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2014, 11:26:13 pm »

Ororo as written for much of her existence (pre-Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin and Dwayne McDuffie) has always been portrayed as being "above" her innate Africaness because most of the X-writer who've chronicled her exploits have mostly been obsessed with hyping up her exotic mutant status above everything else.

The fact that every other prominent X-man's heritage and ethnic background has been celebrated whilst Storm' has been all but buried, is an irony that's obviously lost on the singular imbecile posting in this forum who finds it convenient to run his mouth about people "hiding behind race" to point out the clear racial agenda that Storm's character is being used to push in the X-books.

Ororo was a joke before Reginald Hudlin introduced her into the Black Panther mythos and she's now an even bigger joke since being returned to the X-book segregationist ghetto.

All day, every day.

I was gonna post the video for MC Hammer's "Here Comes The Hammer" but that would be me just being mean

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2014, 12:24:30 am »
Maxine, you're a basket case.  You're entertaining and you're a Storm fan at heart (though you don't like what's going on with the character right now...some of it, I agree with you). Knowing that your elevator doesn't go all the way up makes it easy to dismiss the things you say. It also makes your posts entertaining to read when you're trying to go at somebody. I can't believe some people let you get under their skin. That's what I meant when I said I liked you. You have entertainment value. Nothing else. The last thing I'm going to do is sit here and go full out against a female. Its not very masculine and its not worth it even if you were a man. That one of the reasons earlier in this thread when you were rude to me, I made a retort to you weeks ago that was harsher than I liked and then later kinda took it back. Seriously, you're wound so tight emotionally its a wonder you don't have high blood pressure or that you can actually function day to day with all of this emotional stuff you have going on. Its gotta be holding you back in life from focusing on some positive things you could do to better yourself in life. That said, in real life, I wouldn't have much to do with you. I prefer the company of people with class, no offense, but you need to wash your mouth out. ;) If you'll notice, in my posts, I NEVER use profanity. Not here, not on any board and not in real life.  I keep things clean, kosher and G-rated. That said, I now choose not to respond to any of you oafish posts. What would be the point of it? Also, I remember the photo you posted of yourself. You're not ugly, but you're my type...at all. So, no worries, I wouldn't be showing up on your doorstep for any reason whatsoever.

For the rest of you, I've been holding onto some knowledge for quite some time that I have not divulged. Of all the characters Storm has established bonds with, the Black Panther ranks like second or third on Pak's list as his favorite Storm bond. I think the Storm/Kitty relationship was his absolute favorite. He also likes the character of Black Panther. He's not going to "disrespect" him. Many of you guys are so negative and so full of anger that it boggles the mind. You're knocking on a book that hasn't even come out yet, wow!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:46:40 am by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2014, 03:07:26 am »
I for one appreciate this Good Fellow's restraint.

That the Black Panther "ranks like second or third on Pak's list as his favorite Storm bond." is quite the earth shattering revelation.

.... >:(  shuddup you crickets! I can hear you chirping out there.

How nice it is to know that T'Challa ranks as yet another Marvel Comics writer's "also ran".

Jon Maberry loved writing Namor and loved writing Shuri.

T'Challa likely ranked fifth, sixth...errrummm...on Maberry's list of favorites. An "also ran".

Maberry ran "also ran" T'Challa outta town and into the ground.

Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2014, 03:40:36 am »
It's like...Storm is what white people think elegant black people should be. They think it's a compliment, the way they depict her. Kind of like when white people talk about how articulate they are. You know they mean well, but it still bugs like hell.

Yeah, I've said on CBR a few times that Storm is like white people's idealized version of a black person. Contrast all her "safe extremes" with other black heroes. Then compare their levels of popularity with her's, how often they're used period, and how much hostility they generate when they often do anything impressive/of merit compared to Storm.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:46:35 am by Booshman »

APEXABYSS

« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2014, 03:43:23 am »
For the rest of you, I've been holding onto some knowledge for quite some time that I have not divulged. Of all the characters Storm has established bonds with, the Black Panther ranks like second or third on Pak's list as his favorite Storm bond. I think the Storm/Kitty relationship was his absolute favorite. He also likes the character of Black Panther. He's not going to "disrespect" him. Many of you guys are so negative and so full of anger that it boggles the mind. You're knocking on a book that hasn't even come out yet, wow!

It’s not negativity, racism or anger! It’s a lack of cultural sensitivity & understanding.

There is a tragic history of depicting black people as “BUG-EYED”. They have to be careful with the imagery, as well as the writing.

http://www.newsarama.com/21442-storm-1-first-look-blows-away-her-enemies.html

Quit using blanket statements. You’re making accusations. It's rude! Address the arguments & not your made-up beliefs. I’ll hit you with an avalanche of historical facts to support any statement I make. That's not "knocking"... that's clear observation.   

Fact #1: Heads of State & Royalty do not divorce. 6000 years of  proof!

Fact #2 : Heads of State & Royalty do not divorce. 6000 years of  proof!

Keepin’ It Real” means being honest. The truth is essential when critiquing culture related issues.

Freedom of Speech & Expression for You, Max, Greg, Victor & everyone else. 

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:46:25 am by APEXABYSS »

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2014, 04:13:55 am »
Nicolas Sarkozy, now ex president of France divorced his wife.

Silvio Berlusconi, now ex Prime Minister of Italy -who once said something about President Obama "having a nice tan"...some such nonsense- divorced his wife.

6000 years of Royal marital excellence shot to hell.

I'll bet neither divorcee  engaged in hot sex with an ugly, hairy troll before the ink on their divorce decrees had dried. Storm stands alone in that regard.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2014, 04:44:24 am »
That's what I meant when I said I liked you. You have entertainment value. Nothing else.

I wish I could say the same for you. If only you were actually funny, or intelligent, or even slightly coherent.

The last thing I'm going to do is sit here and go full out against a female. Its not very masculine and its not worth it even if you were a man.

"Female"? Female what? Female dog, female tiger...? Oh, you meant a woman. *scribbles in my Ashy Larry 101 book*

Seriously, you're wound so tight emotionally its a wonder you don't have high blood pressure or that you can actually function day to day with all of this emotional stuff you have going on. Its gotta be holding you back in life from focusing on some positive things you could do to better yourself in life.

"Emotional". Check. And the only thing I'm being held back from is potentially starting my 2nd master's in the fall...because I'm applying for a Ph.D. in Journalism at the one of the best journalism schools in the the country. And you? #byefelicia

That said, in real life, I wouldn't have much to do with you. I prefer the company of people with class, no offense, but you need to wash your mouth out. ;)

Chastising my tone...check. *scribbles in my benevolent sexism BTW, it sure is funny that you never check the men here on HEF about their behavior, or language or tone. But you have a special interest in me. Hmmm...can't imagine why. #broswillbebros

If you'll notice, in my posts, I NEVER use profanity. Not here, not on any board and not in real life.  I keep things clean, kosher and G-rated.

Tsk-tsking my language...check. (And who the f*ck cares?)

That said, I now choose not to respond to any of you oafish posts. What would be the point of it?

Good! Shows you might not be so stupid after all.

Also, I remember the photo you posted of yourself. You're not ugly, but you're my type...at all.

Freudian slip...check. (Don't worry, nobody believed you anyway.)

So, no worries, I wouldn't be showing up on your doorstep for any reason whatsoever.

"I want you to know that I, personally, do not find you f*ckable. That's something that you, as a "female", need to know." Check.

Lessee...you fall somewhere on the low side of the Bitch-o-Meter. High enough to be pitied and mocked, but not high enough to write home about. You need more people, bruh. Go through the archives or something - we've had far better misogynists than your whiny ass - and stop embarrassing yourself with this passive-aggressive "gentlemenly putdowns" sh*t.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:16:42 am by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2014, 04:48:48 am »
I for one appreciate this Good Fellow's restraint.

That the Black Panther "ranks like second or third on Pak's list as his favorite Storm bond." is quite the earth shattering revelation.

.... >:(  shuddup you crickets! I can hear you chirping out there.

I believe I speak for most of us when I say...

It’s not negativity, racism or anger! It’s a lack of cultural sensitivity & understanding.

There is a tragic history of depicting black people as “BUG-EYED”. They have to be careful with the imagery, as well as the writing.

Argh, don't post that sh*t. Rutog probably jacks off to it every night. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being angry or negative about yet ANOTHER "Storm vs black people" story. I mean...they broke up the marriage for THIS sh*t?

I believe I was the poster way back in the day who was against a book and publicly admitted that I was wrong about it. Come to think of it, I think that's how I wound up registering at HEF. I talked a lot of sh*t, and came here to personally apologize to the dude for getting it all wrong. If I turn out to be wrong again, I'll do the same. But let's face it...we both know that I'm going to right, just like I was about all things Maberry. And I DID give half-props to EJD for the beautiful artwork in his book. I just wish he had understood the ramifications of what he was writing when he penned a 12-year-old having sex with a 16-year-old. You have to be aware of that kind of thing, and it can't be stressed enough that these sex scenes add absolutely nothing to the narrative. I mean, what on earth is going through a man's head when he thinks of all night f*cking and a pre-teen child?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:11:02 am by Maxine Shaw »

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2014, 04:49:18 am »
It's like...Storm is what white people think elegant black people should be. They think it's a compliment, the way they depict her. Kind of like when white people talk about how articulate they are. You know they mean well, but it still bugs like hell.

Yeah, I've said on CBR a few times that Storm is like white people's idealized version of a black person. Contrast all her "safe extremes" with other black heroes. Then compare their levels of popularity with her's, how often they're used period, and how much hostility they generate when they often do anything impressive/of merit compared to Storm.

During the days I trod the CBR lunatic landscape I was told more than once that Storm was not black...neither was Monet St Croix, and questions regarding C. Reyes race/ethnicity swirled like gnats in those foul confines. While many view Ororo as a multi-racial bisexual, her "blackness" has always been disputed. Which of course, is the reason why so many viewed her relationship with jet-black T'Challa with disdain.

Now...a Pew Study finds that the majority of Americans do not consider President Obama to be black. How many times has our President told the nation and the entire world to its face that he's a BLACK MAN?

If Ororo could speak for herself I'll tell you what she'd say...or sing, rather.

Running to T'Challa she'd sing: Rescue Me! Protect me in your arms. Rescue Me!

APEXABYSS

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2014, 04:50:00 am »
Nicolas Sarkozy, now ex president of France divorced his wife.

Silvio Berlusconi, now ex Prime Minister of Italy -who once said something about President Obama "having a nice tan"...some such nonsense- divorced his wife.

6000 years of Royal marital excellence shot to hell.

I'll bet neither divorcee  engaged in hot sex with an ugly, hairy troll before the ink on their divorce decrees had dried. Storm stands alone in that regard.
Fun!

Of course, It happens. Marriage is no longer sacred.  Still, dealing with percentages & not blanket statements, we’re talking about a very low single-digit percentile, in a 6000 year history. Heads of State, Royalty & marriage is an African tradition. They were the first to establish it. Fact!

The King of a sovereign African nation would not abandon his civic duty to up-hold that tradition. A writer for a fictional comic would. They couldn’t wait for her to leave Tchallah & drop her panties for Logan. African heritage is disregarded. You have to understand non-black-people have difficulty accepting the real history of Africa & ancestral glory. Fan-boy corruption!

Imagine if Obama & Michelle had a domestic dispute & then divorced. It wouldn’t happen. Why? That would taint & shame the legacy of the presidency.

Best example: Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie with Empress Menen Asfaw. 

Haile Selassie aka the KEBRA NEGUS meaning “Glory of The King” & aka NEGUS NAGAST meaning “King of Kings- Lord of Lords” for all you niggas!

Empress Menen Asfaw aka “Mother Mary”  & QUEEN-OMEGA meaning “The Last Queen of Queens”

King of Kings & Queen Omega represent the last true Royals.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:43:26 am by APEXABYSS »

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2014, 05:11:15 am »
During the days I trod the CBR lunatic landscape I was told more than once that Storm was not black...neither was Monet St Croix, and questions regarding C. Reyes race/ethnicity swirled like gnats in those foul confines. While many view Ororo as a multi-racial bisexual, her "blackness" has always been disputed. Which of course, is the reason why so many viewed her relationship with jet-black T'Challa with disdain.

Remember when they kept saying that she was biracial or some other stupid sh*t? Dude. Her mom is black. Her dad is black. She has, at a minimum three black grandparents. She's black. sh*t, she's blacker than most of us - 3/4 Kenyan and 1/4 whatever Storm's father is. ("Munroe" is a typical surname for blacks from the Louisiana/south Texas region.)

APEXABYSS

« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2014, 06:02:38 am »

Argh, don't post that sh*t. Rutog probably jacks off to it every night. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being angry or negative about yet ANOTHER "Storm vs black people" story. I mean...they broke up the marriage for THIS sh*t?

that "bug-eyed" sh*t is border-line. angry or negative? whatever it may be, it's motivated by a lack of cultural sensitivity & understanding.

he also said, "they needed to divorce..." ouch! screw legacy & let's get her a solo book. no! don't play with culture just to exploit storm for fan-boys.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:05:05 am by APEXABYSS »