Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455782 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2014, 07:17:21 pm »
My memory may be a little fuzzy, but...

Come to think of it...how many times has Storm gone up against and wiped out an entire "mean ol' human army", and not have said army be comprised of black men?

Never.

The X-writers stay showing their collective bigoted ass everytime.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2014, 07:26:29 pm »
Come to think of it...how many times has Storm gone up against and wiped out an entire evil human army (where you can see their faces), and not have said army be black men?

Most of this issue...

And a bunch more.

Just to bring the point home? The recent RoLo pairing and breakup ain't the first time they swapped spit.

I wasn't a major fan of it back then, either. I always thought she should be with TChalla, but moreso...as much as I liked Logan back then...I didn't think he's a good enough person for her. Back then, I couldn't shake the feeling that he'd have one berserker rage too many and he'd do something like this to her:

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »

Come to think of it...how many times has Storm gone up against and wiped out an entire "mean ol' human army", and not have said army be comprised of black men?

Never.

You know what? I can't remember her wiping out a HUMAN army that didn't have Black people in it, either. My scans showed nonhumans. Hmmm.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2014, 07:28:43 pm »

It's the only kind of army she can beat, white ones use one man who always leave her unconscious, tied up, de powered and drooling on the floor

And the fans stay silent until a year later then you'll see a casual mention of not liking that here and there

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2014, 07:31:23 pm »

It's the only kind of army she can beat, white ones use one man who always leave her unconscious, tied up, de powered and drooling on the floor

And the fans stay silent until a year later then you'll see a casual mention of not liking that here and there

Noticed that. Stopped loving that...and stopped buying X-books...long ago.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2014, 09:47:35 pm »
If enough folks stop buying it.......maybe just maybe and this is a insane idea......someone at Marvel( since the x-office doesn't give a sh*t ) might notice and switch it up

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2014, 12:20:14 am »
>>>Sinjection1

Well, it's obvious that the current stable of writers at MARVEL know absolutely nothing about African American relationships dealing with love.
What these writers do seem familiar with is interracial relationships.

Do they (these writers), truly seem familiar with interracial relationships...or are they more comfortable portraying such relationships because there is at least one white character - a character in their comfort zone - they can cling to? Maybe these writers feel that black-on-black violence sells, but black love repels.

combo of all 3. great eye, brutha

And what hurts the most, is that there are still some amongst us who stay making endless excuses for what can only be described as being a sustained resistance to the portrayal of Black on Black heterosexual love within the 616 MU.

You get every single variation on love in the MU other than Black-on-Black but some amongst stay championing the X-office as being dedicated to diversity.

What a joke. :smh:

Now, Brothers...here is what we're dealing with:

Nezhno/Gentle --- revealed to be the biracial offspring of a Russian father and a Wakandan mother. The Russian father is nowhere to be found. The Wakandan mother and the Wakandan people reject Nezhno leaving that character no choice but to return to the only "family" he'd ever known...those mutants.

Kraven The Hunter --- another Russian who leaves his native land, migrates to Africa where he discovers a talent for big game hunting, a Congolese "witch doctor's" formula for enhancing his strength and abilities, and a lust for black women. He seeds the continent like some bizarro Johnny Appleseed. He meets Calypso and they have some sort of "wicked attraction" wherein Kraven feels he must destroy Spider-Man to secure Calypso's love, a love he is already assured of as Calypso is already smitten...but she still goads him time and again into attacking Spider-Man.

Mandrill --- the white male mutant born into a mandrill ape's body and given the power to attract women with his pheremones, teams up with the albino black female mutant Nekra. They wind their way to Africa where Mandrill uses his powers to seduce black women into painting their faces to resemble mandrills becoming in effect his combination "harem/army".

But when it comes to creating meaningful relationships between a so-called black male character and a so-called black female character...they simply can't bring themselves to do it. The company held its nose and allowed R. Hudlin the opportunity to attempt to create such a relationship between two of its flagship so-called black characters and we see how that turned out.

I heard someone say "Fair is a place where they judge pigs."  If we are looking for fairness, for justice...for common courtesy where the black fan's expectations might be attended to, we are looking to the wrong company. If we're not careful they'll hook up T'Challa with one of their white beauties...a "gem" of a character with a name to match.

The next Marriage of the Century will feature the groom: T'Challa, the Black Panther and the lovely reformed Alpha Flight criminal herself...Pink Pearl.

Don't you believe for one minute they won't do it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:22:16 am by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2014, 01:20:37 am »

Never.

You know what? I can't remember her wiping out a HUMAN army that didn't have Black people in it, either. My scans showed nonhumans. Hmmm.

I don't know about Storm taking out a normal human army of non-Blacks, but I know she's taken out the X-Men and "killed" Cyclops.

http://arousinggrammar.com/2013/04/23/storm-vs-everybody/
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

APEXABYSS

« Reply #323 on: July 01, 2014, 03:59:07 am »
whose?

Storm vs. African Traditions

We’ve discussed all aspects of Wakanda to piece together the authenticity.
language , architecture, population, politics, technology, education, economy etc. When I mention traditions... deaf ears.

(1st image) Queen Khamerernebty II & Pharoah Menkaure, 4th Dynasty of the Old Kingdom (2465 BC).
Notice her arm around his waist. That symbolizes/ represents “I got your back.” The Queen is always shown “Supporting” the King. In reality women choose men & not the other way around. "Behind every good-man is a good woman." they understood, did you? She is stating, "I choose him & I'm standing behind my decision."   hhmmmm

the women also support the men because...
The (cultural) system- the women create the laws- the men enforce the laws.

Tchallah would not divorce Storm & she would not divorce him. The marriage was compromised to control Storm. It’s a misrepresentation of  Wakandan (African) tradition. I can prove it!!!!

Wakanda is a sub-nation of Kemet (Egypt) & a Nile-Valley civilization. The man/woman balance is a part of that culture. Blacks today have adopted or have been assimilated into someone else’s belief system. that's basic 101. That's not authenticity! The corrupt side of Enculturation-

Enculturation is the process where the culture that is currently established teaches an individual the accepted norms and values of the culture or society where the individual lives. The individual can become an accepted member and fulfill the needed functions and roles of the group. Most importantly the individual knows and establishes a context of boundaries and accepted behavior that dictates what is acceptable and not acceptable within the framework of that society. It teaches the individual their role within society as well as what is accepted behavior within that society and lifestyle.

Storm vs. Wakandan Traditions
Storm vs. Wakandan Authenticity

Any solo Storm further deviants & dishonors something greater than comic-books. Send her back to make things right. Don't play with culture to please a demographic. Learn your own history, because they don't give a damn about it! That's what I thought!   

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:30:14 am by APEXABYSS »

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 01, 2014, 06:49:47 am »
After doomwar when it seemed he'd lost his "mojo" and all that went with it - rulership of Wakanda; Wakanda had lost that which made her unique in the world and wealthy beyond measure, the Vibranium; "she" had been toppled from her lofty perch as the proud, unconquered jewel she had once been to a low and vulnerable place where she had to depend upon the largesse of others to regain her footing...many of those "others" helping to do so were mutants who would eventually return and knock once - mighty Wakanda to her knees yet again...and having lost the respect of his people, was in the process of losing the amorous love of his Queen and was recovering from nearly losing his mind and his life, T'Challa decided he needed to "find himself". To accomplish this, he took leave of Wakanda, took leave of Africa determined to prove himself by becoming the head cook in "Hell's Kitchen".

In somewhat similar straits it seems, Ororo - who is about to endure the death of "her one true love" and likely beset by other tribulations - decides to borrow a page from her ex-husband's book. Unlike T'Challa, Ororo will "take off around the world on a one-woman peacekeeping mission". The Panther took care of Hell's Kitchen. Storm has decided she is going to put the rest of Hell's House in order apparently beginning in the Foyer of the home - the Caribbean - where she promptly puts the unruly black staff of butlers back in their place!!! From there it appears she will proceed into the Sitting Room, through the Family Room, into the toilets cleaning up any gross mess to be found in those quarters, the Dining Area...everywhere in the Hell's House except the Kitchen. T'Challa has been there. T'Challa has done that. And as she continues this Hell's housekeeping...er uhmmm..."peacekeeping mission", she will become "literally the greatest hero on the planet."

Is that anything like being "the most important mutant in the world" as she was told by her erstwhile - "he dead" - mutant mentor, Prof X on the day of the MARRIAGE OF THE CENTURY?  I suppose not. It must be something even greater than that. But hold on now....wasn't worldwide peacekeeping and protection something Ororo as "leader of the mighty Blue Team of the X-Men", something she should have been doing instead of getting bad haircuts and bad sex from her trollish heartthrob? I suppose I'll learn something from the contents of the two issues of this ongoing I've committed myself to purchase.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2014, 12:15:24 pm »

Never.

I don't know about Storm taking out a normal human army of non-Blacks, but I know she's taken out the X-Men and "killed" Cyclops.

I have to add one more thing: X-Treme X-Men issue 1 (or 2), Storm took out an entire squad of the Guardia, a premier elite, secretive military force in Spain with an electromagnetic pulse. No Blacks in that group.

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2014, 01:30:51 pm »

Pretty nifty! ;)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2014, 03:03:53 pm »

Never.

I have to add one more thing: X-Treme X-Men issue 1 (or 2), Storm took out an entire squad of the Guardia, a premier elite, secretive military force in Spain with an electromagnetic pulse. No Blacks in that group.

THANK YOU, Rutog98!!
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:19 pm »
>>>Sinjection1

Well, it's obvious that the current stable of writers at MARVEL know absolutely nothing about African American relationships dealing with love.
What these writers do seem familiar with is interracial relationships.

It's not just Marvel, but DC Comics and other forms of media (television and movies) are doing the same exact thing: keeping black men and black women romantically apart from one another.

It's an agenda, and in just about all forms of media, it's a war against black couples, and we are losing.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2014, 04:08:36 pm »
I’m not supporting anything representing women of color (storm) fighting black-men. We fight together not each other. have her fight them...

let the master teacher tell it...

Having Ororo attack Black men is per the course in X-books.

Pak is just continuing that good ol' boys tradition.

Yeeeehaaaaaaaw!

Having so-called black men at odds somehow with so-called black women seems per the course in Marvel Comics period.

Nothing ever proceeds normally.

Ororo and T'Challa marry and then the marriage is annulled.

T'Challa is engaged to Monica Lynne. T'Challa is grievously injured and during his long recovery, Monica meets, falls in love with and becomes with white reporter Kevin Trudeau.

In some battle...it might have been during Civil War...Monica Rambeau squares off against Bishop.

Doctor Voodoo is only able to establish a romance with Monica Rambeau through magicks and chicanery, not through mutual attraction and interests.

Meanwhile, the recently single Misty Knight - clad most of the time in a teeny-weeny red bikini - practically throws herself at Daredevil as they team up to take down a man with whom Misty must have had a brief relationship. The man was so-called black and a criminal...naturally.

Now, there was Claire Temple and Luke Cage, but that relationship probably happened before most of you were out of diapers.

All this from a company who allows an albino so-called black super-villian who derives her power from her ability to generate extreme hatred to somehow fall in love with the white racist villian Grim Reaper...who eventually kills her.

The same company who had the lovely Calypso, another so-called black female, fall in love with a white villian - Kraven the Hunter or was it Kraven's son? Whoever it was, that white villian killed Calypso.

This same Marvel Comics which has never seemed to keen to establish a normal romantic relationship between a black female character and a black male character, marries a black male homosexual to a white male homosexual superhero, breaks up a romance between a black male mutant and his Asian mutant girlfriend only to "evolve" his character into a bisexual with a thing for a character resembling the Jolly Green Giant's offspring....this same Marvel Comics who killed off the black male mutant Synch just as his character was moving closer to a possible romance with the female mutant Monet St Croix...this same Marvel Comics who had a white male mutant who resembled a vulture impregnate a female mutant of color and who produced a love story featuring the animal mutant Beast slobbering into the mouth of black female mutant Cecelia Reyes...this same Marvel Comics who for decades has had the character Tyrone Johnson aka Cloak, involved in an unrequited love relationship with his blonde hair, blue eyed partner Tandy Bowen, aka Dagger.

This same Marvel Comics seems to have an unwritten but ironclad directive that no so-called black male/female intimate relationship should be established, let alone endure.

yeeeehawwww.

Greg Pak?

http://www.gregpak.com/war_machine/

The guy who took a overlooked Black tech armor guy and actually made him somebody unique with his own profile and removed him from being a knockoff Iron Man?

http://www.newsarama.com/1502-greasing-the-gears-greg-pak-talks-war-machine.html

Maybe not "yeehaaaw" for HIM. "Yeehaaawww" for most of Marvel insofar as overall presentation and whatnot?

Yeah I can see that.

Pak? Mmmm...we have his written books wherein he writes a Black superhero quite well indeed. And that's what he's fixin to do with STORM.

Pak has a proven POSITIVE history in this area. So...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he writes some garbage about Storm or somebody else of color.

He wrote that Green Guy purrty good...http://them0vieblog.com/2012/04/27/greg-paks-run-on-the-incredible-hulk-with-jeff-parker-fall-of-the-hulks-review/

And so did one of my favorite guys, Peter David, who is waaaaayyyy too overlooked. Peter David is an AMAZING talent.

Wasn't it Greg Pak who wrote an alternate-universe tale where Storm was romantically hooked up with Thor and also Pak who provided us with that alternate universe X-Men story where a cover showed Storm and Cyclops kissing?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:22:08 pm by moneyspider »