Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455745 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2014, 01:21:47 pm »
My memory may be a little fuzzy, but...

Come to think of it...how many times has Storm gone up against and wiped out an entire "mean ol' human army", and not have said army be comprised of black men?

Never.

The X-writers stay showing their collective bigoted ass everytime.

You know what? I can't remember her wiping out a HUMAN army that didn't have Black people in it, either. My scans showed nonhumans. Hmmm.

I don't know about Storm taking out a normal human army of non-Blacks, but I know she's taken out the X-Men and "killed" Cyclops.

http://arousinggrammar.com/2013/04/23/storm-vs-everybody/

I have to add one more thing: X-Treme X-Men issue 1 (or 2), Storm took out an entire squad of the Guardia, a premier elite, secretive military force in Spain with an electromagnetic pulse. No Blacks in that group.

THANK YOU, Rutog98!!

I'm not sure what you're thanking dude for since he was only able to find ONE incidence of Storm bringing the pain to a non-black set of soldiers weighed against the multiple incidences of similar martial actions against a plethora of Black combatants leading up to this....

You know heads are scraping the bottom of the barrel in desperation to shore up a threadbare argument. :smh:

I like to think of myself as decently intelligent, even as a child. And I don't want to think that I've been hoodwinked by the X-Office for half my childhood into thinking that they're cool people when really they're undercover raving racists with a particularly bad problem with Black men. I also know for a fact that their very disinclination to include Black people in their books should make for the overwhelming majority of the people who Ororo smashes on be White bad guys and girls.

Remember The Marauders and what she did to them? Remember practically everyone not named TChalla or Bishop who she fought?

She even fought Calysto in the movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBjf1zZ4QeU

but I overwhelmingly prefer the comic book version:

As much as we disliked this image, depicting a kiss between Scott and Ororo which never happened and IIRC this cover is for a nonissue which didn't come with a story and ISN'T canon:

We gotta take satisfaction that...at the time in 2012 when TChalla and Ororo were already on the rocks for all intents and purposes, Storm still said and did this right here to Cyclops:

We gotta find some real satisfaction in this Marvel canon book with multiple imagery showing our triumphant Ororo:

And I just like this picture here:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:50:48 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2014, 03:18:11 pm »
Supreme Illuminati,

I'm really confused by some of your posts in this thread.

It's almost as if you're looking for any excuse to avoid looking at the elephant in the middle of the room.

The mere fact that the X-Office remained resolute in their decision to leave Reginald Hudlin to carry the weight of chronicling Ororo and T'Challa as a married couple should be a clear indication to anyone with a descerning eye to see exactly what agenda they were (and still are) pushing.

Posting multiple cans of Ororo doing battle with random mooks doesn't change anything.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2014, 05:23:08 pm »
Actually that cover to Astonishing X-Men did come with a story as a alternate universe Storm was sacrificing multiple alternate universe Cyclops', the first issue even lead into that as alt universe Storm set her sights on 616 Cyclops with a kiss

Written by Pak and drawn by McKone

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »
Supreme Illuminati,

It's almost as if you're looking for any excuse to avoid looking at the elephant in the middle of the room.

The mere fact that the X-Office remained resolute in their decision to leave Reginald Hudlin to carry the weight of chronicling Ororo and T'Challa as a married couple should be a clear indication to anyone with a descerning eye to see exactly what agenda they were (and still are) pushing.

Posting multiple cans of Ororo doing battle with random mooks doesn't change anything.

allow me to clear up that confusion, my brother.

I am aware that the X-Office's agenda has been overall definitely and decisively anti-Black and most especially anti-Black mutant.

What I am trying to discern is if they have been 100% that way, so that I don't paint EVERYONE with the same broad brush.

The evidence that can provide a counterargument to the "100% hatas without exceptions" approach is/are books and works that show contrary evidence.

I labor under zero illusions regarding the overall, dominant, and consistent pattern of behavior that I have been aware of regarding the X-Office.

Actually that cover to Astonishing X-Men did come with a story as a alternate universe Storm was sacrificing multiple alternate universe Cyclops', the first issue even lead into that as alt universe Storm set her sights on 616 Cyclops with a kiss

See? I didn't know that. I haven't bought X-books with any consistency in literally decades. Good catch, Genki Sudo the Neo Samurai.

I still think that Pak's amazing WAR MACHINE run destroys arguments that he has a pronounced or even visible anti-Black male disposition.

I will check out the STORM books and decide for myself if I see evidence justifying a change in my opinion.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »
Supreme Illuminati,

I am aware that the X-Office's agenda has been overall definitely and decisively anti-Black and most especially anti-Black mutant.

What I am trying to discern is if they have been 100% that way, so that I don't paint EVERYONE with the same broad brush.

The evidence that can provide a counterargument to the "100% hatas without exceptions" approach is/are books and works that show contrary evidence.

I labor under zero illusions regarding the overall, dominant, and consistent pattern of behavior that I have been aware of regarding the X-Office.

See? I didn't know that. I haven't bought X-books with any consistency in literally decades. Good catch, Genki Sudo the Neo Samurai.

I still think that Pak's amazing WAR MACHINE run destroys arguments that he has a pronounced or even visible anti-Black male disposition.

I will check out the STORM books and decide for myself if I see evidence justifying a change in my opinion.

There does seem to be a difference in how writers write black characters OUTSIDE of the X-Office's influence, and how those same writers write black characters WITHIN the X-Office's influences.

For instance, when Jason Aaron wrote Black Panther in "See Wakanda and Die", it was brilliant because he was writing outside of the X-Office and under the supervision of the rest of Marvel. However, when he wrote Black Panther a few times in X-books under the influence of the X-Office, he catered to Jerry Springer-type shenanigans and catered to haters of Black Panther/haters of the union between Storm and Black Panther. Jason Aaron made Storm and Black Panther look ridiculous (aside from "See and Wakanda and Die)" because the X-Office was involved.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:29:44 pm by moneyspider »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 03, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »
What really doesn't make sense, is that the X-office is a constantly changing group of people.  The people who are there now are not the same people who were there ten or fifteen years ago,  but the problem is been around for years.

The only people who have actually been around that long are the fans.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 03, 2014, 05:47:40 pm »
What really doesn't make sense, is that the X-office is a constantly changing group of people.  The people who are there now are not the same people who were there ten or fifteen years ago,  but the problem is been around for years.

The only people who have actually been around that long are the fans.

Cater to the only people who will buy it

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2014, 02:11:29 pm »
Supreme Illuminati,

There does seem to be a difference in how writers write black characters OUTSIDE of the X-Office's influence, and how those same writers write black characters WITHIN the X-Office's influences.

For instance, when Jason Aaron wrote Black Panther in "See Wakanda and Die", it was brilliant because he was writing outside of the X-Office and under the supervision of the rest of Marvel. However, when he wrote Black Panther a few times in X-books under the influence of the X-Office, he catered to Jerry Springer-type shenanigans and catered to haters of Black Panther/haters of the union between Storm and Black Panther. Jason Aaron made Storm and Black Panther look ridiculous (aside from "See and Wakanda and Die)" because the X-Office was involved.

^^^This comparison between Jason Aaron's writings sans X-Office heads and Jason Aaron wrtiing within the X-Office fold is...dead on. Very well said.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »
I can't get behind you guys on Jason Aaron. He may do a good job with T'challa, but he ALWAYS writes down Storm whether its with the X-office or any other office. I can't stand this guy. Keep him as FAR away from Storm as possible.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2014, 04:34:37 pm »
I can't get behind you guys on Jason Aaron. He may do a good job with T'challa, but he ALWAYS writes down Storm whether its with the X-office or any other office. I can't stand this guy. Keep him as FAR away from Storm as possible.

Most BP mythos enthusiasts feel exactly the same way about the bigoted twats in the X-office who've taken so much pleasure in disrespecting T'Challa, Shuri and Wakanda over the last few years.

f*ck every single one of them and the X-characters they write about.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2014, 08:51:20 am »

Ya know, I never considered that he writes down Storm. I remember he wrote Storm leading the sword armed attack that slaughtered the Skrulls. What other instances did he write down Storm? I'm sure they're there if you said they are, I just missed them.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2014, 09:37:23 am »

Ya know, I never considered that he writes down Storm. I remember he wrote Storm leading the sword armed attack that slaughtered the Skrulls. What other instances did he write down Storm? I'm sure they're there if you said they are, I just missed them.

I think that is what he meant by writing her down.   Storm could have turned back the whole invasion alone;  forcing her to fight without powers is holding her back.

Of course people forget his whole premise;  he took away the Skrull and Wakanda tech to make them fight with sticks because he didn't believe Wakanda could beat a fully engaged Skrull army.   And that means he didn't believe Storm could beat Skrull army,  even with Wakanda behind her.   So he took both armies back to prehistoric tech and made the Skrull forget hire to shape shift in combat.

He wrote them smart, tough and deadly but he also wrote them as too weak to beat the Skrull at the hight of their power.

Compare that to Hickman 's invasion.   Thanos forces are more technologically advance and suicidal; Hickman 's Wakanda would have beaten the Skrulls without having to be reduced to sticks.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2014, 11:50:42 am »

He's always coming up with reasons why Storm can't use her powers. Recently, in Amazing X-men, in the arc before Yost took over, the X men traveled to a hellish dimension. He wrote that there was no weather there, so Storm had no powers and had to go hand to hand. Meanwhile, there was air there (Storm has demonstrated that she can control air down to the atomic level so she should have been able to control that), heat (which Storm controls) and moisture. Storm controls moisture too. She was able to use this control over moisture to control ocean currents, take control over Hydro man's physical form and instantly dissipate him, create water lenses capable of isolating and focusing specific wavelengths of sun's rays as they passed through said lens, she's created instant flash floods and made it rain which means she moving moisture around to do so,  she has controlled the elements in other mystical hell dimensions before and has even turned weather spells back upon sorcerers who tried to use weather magic against her (which blows any argument that she can't control magic weather), yet Aaron wrote her down in this story. I didn't buy a single issue of that crap when I scanned through the first issue in the store and saw this garbage. Storm's powers adapt to control the natural forces of whatever dimension she's in. Trion story, anyone? I'd he just wanted to show off her hand to hand, he should have found another way to do it that does not devalue her with PIS.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:55:32 am by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2014, 03:28:20 pm »
No weather but there is air there?  Yeah what did he think the wind is?   
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:35:25 pm by KIP LEWIS »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2014, 04:36:34 pm »

I think that is what he meant by writing her down.   Storm could have turned back the whole invasion alone;  forcing her to fight without powers is holding her back.

Of course people forget his whole premise;  he took away the Skrull and Wakanda tech to make them fight with sticks because he didn't believe Wakanda could beat a fully engaged Skrull army.   And that means he didn't believe Storm could beat Skrull army,  even with Wakanda behind her.   So he took both armies back to prehistoric tech and made the Skrull forget hire to shape shift in combat.

He wrote them smart, tough and deadly but he also wrote them as too weak to beat the Skrull at the hight of their power.

Compare that to Hickman 's invasion.   Thanos forces are more technologically advance and suicidal; Hickman 's Wakanda would have beaten the Skrulls without having to be reduced to sticks.

I did not know that J.A. didn't think that TChalla could beat a top tier Skrull army with all of their tech and superpowers aligned and maxed out.

I think that Wakanda could do such a thing, as they have more resources and abilities than most MU writers have bothered to explore or use.

For instance...remember when we here at HEF first mentioned Wakandan mutants [ and Mark Millar took a flyer from us and specifically had Reed Richards ask TChalla about mutants...and be stonily ignored...during the first Civil War and Illuminati arc? ]. Wakandan mutants, Wakandan sorcery and magic, Wakandan Mystic Vibranium, Wakandan tech, the Wakandans themselves [ in truth Wakanda's weakest citizens would equate to low genius level intellect+ an "average Olympian"  combo in other parts of the world ]...including the Gorilla Cult, the whole Royal Family inclusive of capes like The Crew [ I renamed them the NGUVU ITHOBO roughly translating to "Strong Warrior Squadron" ] and The Black Musketeers [ who as TChalla's cousins and half brother, I renamed them the KSH...the Kefalme Shujaa Heshima "The Royal Warriors Of Honor" ], the whole arsenal of hundreds of powerful Wakandan sorcerors [ not just Zawaviri--dang it, I forget dude's name--and Mendinao ], Hunter ,the Hatut Zeraze the Midnight Angels the Dora Milaje, the entire Order of TPG and even enemies like Killmonger and Achebe as NOBODY wants to see Wakanda fallen to space aliens...all of them would band together.

Plus? TChalla still has resources like THE NOWHERE ROOM that nobody else has.

Wakandans routinely face the various homegrown shapeshifters that litter the traditional magic landscape of Africa and Wakanda. TChalla has encountered The Skrulls several times and studied them...without the converse being true.

The Ultimate Prep Beast in the MU would defeat The Skrulls. And that's without Storm there. Storm? She's one RogueStorm from ruling star spanning empires...or destroying them.

So yeah.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: