Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 455789 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #405 on: July 10, 2014, 06:58:44 pm »

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:48 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Damn...

That is hilarious.

Poor Ororo. Poor, poor, poor Ororo.

Why do those who do so, write her to be so incredibly stupid at times?

Ohhhhhhhh she's talking big game. Big, big game.

"We're the X-Men, Sabra. We are some of the most powerful beings to ever exist. We are elite."

Elite, my ass-troturf.

Ororo is so elite that she needed help fighting Dracula. She was bested by Thor - an Avenger - by being kissed into unconsciousness  ;D ;D ;D Her "power" wasn't squat v.s. Thor's smooching skills. Valkyrie isn't a goddess. She's a Defender...or ex-Defender. She's an ex-Defender with a really, really, really huge hammer with which Ororo is very well acquainted.

Getouttahere with all that "we are elite" noise and get back to crying about how hard it is to be a mutant  ;D

Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #407 on: July 11, 2014, 03:19:48 am »
In the original telling of the Ororo/T'challa meeting, T'challa wanted Storm to stay with him as he was still enjoying her company. She left because the "Song of the Wind" had once more spoken to her telling her it was time to move on. He offered to kiss her before she left, and she responded with, "If that's your way." He was amazed that she would treat a prince's kiss so casually. IIRC, she said something to the effect of, "One day. If not, I shall be the poorer for it. Farewell, young prince," and she flies off from the tree branch they were sitting on.

That said, Pak is going to create some new characters for Storm to fill in her supporting cast. Of course, we will also see some of her friends show up from time to time. In the first issue of the ongoing, Pak will introduce a new character, Creep, that he hopes we as readers will get a kick out of. He also expressed interest in using this character again in future story arcs for the book. He assures us all that this is not going to be just another X-Men team book and that it is Storm's solo title.

All that said, Storm wouldn't need the help of other mutants to stop natural disasters or topple corrupt governments. Just take a look at Storm #1 where she stops that tsunami by herself. With her powers, being what they are and the extreme levels they are at, the natural disaster part won't be an issue for her. To topple corrupt governments, she'd probably get in with the opposing resistance faction in that country who will likely have moles in the government and that could be her supporting cast for that story arc. It can go any number of ways. One of the things that has me really excited is Storm being pitted against "gods" in her title. She's gonna cut up like something else!

I LOVE what Storm says about the Avengers in an upcoming X-Men book from these preview pages:

I think Pak is doing a very good job of stamping his STORM right away with the kind of differences we should expect to see from her. I also thought that there should be times when The Avengers call in The X's...especially when they're dealing with mutant baddies or newbs or some such. But...didn't the X's and Avengers combine teams? Uncanny Avengers and such? If so...yeah they went and did more than CALL the X's. They joined forces with the X's. And vice versa.

Bottom line? I'm going to cop a few issues and then spoil the crap out of them here on this site so all of you besides me n Rutog who are already buying our stuff will be able to determine whether or not you're going to buy copies.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 11, 2014, 05:01:43 am »
Now Greg Pak has put himself in a scenario that he cannot achieve nor accomplish. You cannot just flat out say that a character for over 30 years of writing is suddenly the "superman" of marvel. How can the person be if she isnt even among the leaders of the x-men? During that same span of 3 decades not one film. Not one TV series. Hell not even an ongoing. Dammit Greg I like what he did with the Hulk I really really did.

I don't like the hero but why the Blue Marvel can't be superman of marvel?
Thor?
Hulk?

A reason of "just cause" or "imo" doesn't fly.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 11, 2014, 05:44:26 am »
;D ;D ;D ;D Damn...

That is hilarious.

Poor Ororo. Poor, poor, poor Ororo.

Why do those who do so, write her to be so incredibly stupid at times?

Ohhhhhhhh she's talking big game. Big, big game.

"We're the X-Men, Sabra. We are some of the most powerful beings to ever exist. We are elite."

Elite, my ass-troturf.

Ororo is so elite that she needed help fighting Dracula. She was bested by Thor - an Avenger - by being kissed into unconsciousness  ;D ;D ;D Her "power" wasn't squat v.s. Thor's smooching skills. Valkyrie isn't a goddess. She's a Defender...or ex-Defender. She's an ex-Defender with a really, really, really huge hammer with which Ororo is very well acquainted.

Getouttahere with all that "we are elite" noise and get back to crying about how hard it is to be a mutant  ;D

Of course, the average X-Koolaid drinker will tell you that the above depicted beatdown that Storm recieved from Valkyrie in't canon even though it's pretty damn obvious that it is.

The X-Office has been a hotbed of fanboys masquerading as professional writers for a number of decades now and that wouldn't be so much of a problem if they kept their fanboyish stupidity to their own segeregated self perpetuated ghetto of the 616 MU.

Unfortunately, they all seem to suffer from the need to drag the rest of the 616 into their Bullcrap soap opera antics.

The only thing the X-bigots are good at doing is getting beat down upon by their own hubris....

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 11, 2014, 09:02:56 am »
Now Greg Pak has put himself in a scenario that he cannot achieve nor accomplish. You cannot just flat out say that a character for over 30 years of writing is suddenly the "superman" of marvel. How can the person be if she isnt even among the leaders of the x-men?

Ororo is going to be the Superman, Modesty Blaise with a little Adam Warlock thrown in for good measure. This idiotic "Creep" character to be introduced in the ongoing looks to be a setup for Storm's version of Pip the Troll....since her Logan the Troll is otherwise engaged at the moment. The first issue has yet to hit the stands and already Ororo is expected to see some of the same ol', same ol' albatross characters weighing her down as an X-Man and not only that, she's already been saddled with a waste of page space character called "Creep" of all things.

I sure hope "Creep" isn't a heterosexual goofy black male. If so, I'll be creeping away from the Storm ongoing with the quickness.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 11, 2014, 09:04:35 am »
If they really wanted to make Storm transcend the X-Universe,  this is what I would do.   Move her out of X- housing into a place on her own, maybe near her family.   

:D ....maybe near her family.... :D

What family?  ;D

The one that is being created as you type this!  ;)

I was thinking of the family Reggie introduced us to.    Hmmm....thinking about it, since mutants seem to run in families, it seems she should have a mutant cousin or two.

uh oh....introducing anything Storm-related that smacks of Hudlin's enhancements to her character could spell quick and certain doom for this ongoing.

Yeah.

X-DWEEBS AFTER READING A GREAT STORM BOOK THAT INCLUDES RH'S BACKSTORY FOR STORM'S FAMILY: "She has a Black family? Dang. That might mean that STORM is ACTUALLY BLACK.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate!!!"

Yep, something along those lines, possibly followed by: "They went and made Nick Fury black; then, they made the movie version of Alicia Masters black. They made a black Spider-Man. What's next...a black Johnny Stor....ummm..."

Well, that Black Johnny Storm is faintly possible because Sue Storm is Latina and the original Johnny Storm is now Captain America sooooo...

...but WAIT. Why not just introduce TChalla in the F4 as Stan Lee did, then swing him over to The Avengers via The X-Men? GRRREEEAAAT trio of launch pads for his own solo movie franchise, plus it adds much needed diversity to the first two franchises without straying too far from the comics premise. But naaahhh...that's too good of an idea.

I think the only problem with that is the Fantastic Four are with Fox and the Avengers are with Marvel Studios.

What REALLY needs to be done is for Marvel Studios to get the rights to ALL of Marvel characters for movies so that ALL of their characters will be under the Marvel Studios umbrella, but I don't know how likely that would be. However, if Marvel Studios was able to make an Avengers movie that included Spider-Man, are were able to make a Marvel Studios "Secret Wars" movie, the company would probably make oodles of more money.

I've never been a fan of various Marvel superheroes being sent to different movie studios, but I'm not a business man.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 11, 2014, 03:23:04 pm »

Of course, the average X-Koolaid drinker will tell you that the above depicted beatdown that Storm recieved from Valkyrie in't canon even though it's pretty damn obvious that it is.

Her face smashed into the ground, butt up in the air, there's the majestic mutant Storm in the classic cartoon depiction of someone who has been knocked the funk out. Valkyrie bashed Storm's brains out of her head. The beating he took from Iron Fist left T'Challa with a brain aneurysm. Ororo took a terrific wallop to her headquarters from a mallet fully matching the girth and likely exceeding the weight of the torsos of Valkyrie and Ororo. It's as if Storm had been hit in the head with a keg of beer mounted on a club.

The blood blasted from her nose and mouth was more than might be seen in some who have sustained a gunshot wound. Her face should have swollen to the size of a beach ball, but there she was...knocked the funk out, butt up in the air but face as beautiful as ever. Apparently, the writer and artist who depicted Ororo so disgracefully deigned to show her some small degree of dignity.

When Thor kissed Ororo into unconsciousness in the CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS miniseries, small hearts shot from her head as she swooned. In this instance, once Ororo awakened on the beach it would have been fitting to have her eyes spinning in their sockets counter to each other, small canary birds tweeting and circling her head and Ororo reciting her own version of the child's Halloween ditty "Trick or Treat".   "We're elite. Smell my feet. Give me someting sweet to eat."

But this "Pak" is going to make Storm into Marvel Comics' equivalent to Superman.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 11, 2014, 05:52:55 pm »

Her face smashed into the ground, butt up in the air, there's the majestic mutant Storm in the classic cartoon depiction of someone who has been knocked the funk out. Valkyrie bashed Storm's brains out of her head. The beating he took from Iron Fist left T'Challa with a brain aneurysm. Ororo took a terrific wallop to her headquarters from a mallet fully matching the girth and likely exceeding the weight of the torsos of Valkyrie and Ororo. It's as if Storm had been hit in the head with a keg of beer mounted on a club.

The blood blasted from her nose and mouth was more than might be seen in some who have sustained a gunshot wound. Her face should have swollen to the size of a beach ball, but there she was...knocked the funk out, butt up in the air but face as beautiful as ever. Apparently, the writer and artist who depicted Ororo so disgracefully deigned to show her some small degree of dignity.

When Thor kissed Ororo into unconsciousness in the CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS miniseries, small hearts shot from her head as she swooned. In this instance, once Ororo awakened on the beach it would have been fitting to have her eyes spinning in their sockets counter to each other, small canary birds tweeting and circling her head and Ororo reciting her own version of the child's Halloween ditty "Trick or Treat".   "We're elite. Smell my feet. Give me someting sweet to eat."

But this "Pak" is going to make Storm into Marvel Comics' equivalent to Superman.

ROFLMAO!!!

Sinjection1, you've totally killed it with this hilarious post.

I can't stop laughing over here.

Dayuuuuum!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2014, 09:01:29 pm »
"She's Marvel's Superman"
"We're X-Men we're the elite"

CM Punk take it away!

Them x-writers man, when they spin a bs yarn they spin a doozy
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:03:01 pm by Genki Sudo »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2014, 12:42:18 am »
Whatever Pak does? It's gonna be waaayyy better than what Storm's gotten from the X-Office lo these many decades. Better than Storm got from anyone NOT named CJP, RH, or McDuffie, Yost, or Aaron during SEE WAKANDA AND DIE.

Storm=First Black Female Solo Comic Book Lead for the Big Two since...what? Monica Rambeau's miniseries or whatever? I don't even remember. Not even Misty Knight got a solo. She got HEROES FOR HIRE.

Which was DOPE, btw. So was the all girls DEFENDERS.

Therefore...GO PAK!! GO STORM!!

There ya go.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:50:44 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2014, 06:32:07 am »
Whatever Pak does? It's gonna be waaayyy better than what Storm's gotten from the X-Office lo these many decades. Better than Storm got from anyone NOT named CJP, RH, or McDuffie, Yost, or Aaron during SEE WAKANDA AND DIE.

If this "Pak" comes through for Storm, he does right by Storm by doing the right thing with his write thing, and he somehow propels her above and beyond where she has languished for decades there won't be any sour grapes from this quarter. I would love to see an Ororo Munroe/Storm character created who has an appeal not simply to her core(cuckoo), audience but to the entire comicbook fandom. It would be fantastic to see Storm written and illustrated such that she grabs the attention of the casual comicbook fan, the purchases swell and
Storm=First Black Female Solo Comic Book Lead for the Big Two since...what? Monica Rambeau's miniseries or whatever?
enjoys a long, successful run.

Those of us who offer criticisms of her past portrayals and cautionary comments of what we could get from this new ongoing aren't doing so to sabotage the ridiculous book promotion campaign by Storm's "fans"(enablers). If people are going to read the book, they will read the book and good luck to them  :) Those of us expressing doubts do so on the strength of decades of a depiction of Storm which while it might keep some happy - that group of RoLo/mohawk haircut-loving/fake-fierce-one-minute-flirtatious-floozy-the-next group of enablers- has truly disgusted many of us who know that beneath all of that mutant madness and the x-crement she's had dumped on her, there is a gem of a character who if someone - like this "Pak" - does not act quickly, will find its fruition not in Ororo where it deserves to be, but in a character like Ororo...one likely to be of another race and ethnicity. When we criticize Storm's past and express caution about Storm's future we're being pragmatic.

I'm rooting for Storm to succeed. But in some Storm ongoing support posts I read it's like hopeful farmers wanting to get into the chicken egg business who are not only counting the eggs before they've hatched, but counting those eggs before they have any chickens in the coop. The chickens haven't arrived yet. I would hate to see the looks on those would-be chicken farmers' faces who've counted up all the eggs their chickens will hatch when the shipment arrives and they discover that instead of uncrating all the chickens there are iguanas in the crates instead.

...ya know?  ;)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:12:28 am by sinjection1 »

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2014, 07:53:46 am »
I'm giving it one and only one issue. If it doesn't impress me, then it's getting filed away. Honestly though, I don't expect this series to last honestly. 8 issues, tops.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2014, 08:13:33 am »
Me,  I will wait for the trade paperback. And maybe only read the library copy.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2014, 08:27:45 am »
I wish I could trade wait on some books. Would make storing them a lot simpler.