Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 530103 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #585 on: July 20, 2014, 01:50:09 pm »
You know, that panel where they lie horribly about TChalla clocking Storm and KO'ing her? What was their "justification" for TChalla's attack of her? Was this AFTER she'd banged Namor? I mean...what's the deal behind that?
Wait are you serious? Sighes

Very serious. I never. Ever. Read the X-crement books. Soooo...I have been blissfully ignorant of their dooficity up til now.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 20, 2014, 02:54:48 pm »
You know, that panel where they lie horribly about TChalla clocking Storm and KO'ing her? What was their "justification" for TChalla's attack of her? Was this AFTER she'd banged Namor? I mean...what's the deal behind that?

There was no "justification" because it was a blatant fabrication supported by an absentee/biased/irresponsible editorial team that were hellbent on getting a story out that trashed T'Challa and Wakanda whilst pushing the false meme of "Mutants=feared and hated" that has long sinced lost whatever relevance it had in the beginning.

One X-writer wrote this.....

Wherein T'Challa laid not one finger upon Ororo (other than yanking her cloak)

whilst another wrote this....

which was then followed up by this....

where the fool who wrote this nonsense didn't seem to know that T'Challa had ceased being the ruler of Wakanda let alone High Priest of the Panther Clan post Maberry's Doomwar.

In fact all of writers responsible for AvX seemed to be wilfully unaware of the fact that Queen Suri was (and is still) the current ruler of Wakanda.

So tell me what this says about Marvel editorial and their criminally lackadaisical attitude to their so-called "shared universe" conceit?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2014, 03:15:42 pm »

Wasn't the Storm/Namor thing was kinda like a quasi alternate reality situation? None of the characters even remember it. So, during that time, Ororo would not have been married to T'challa...or, at least, aware that she was a married woman if she indeed were. IDK, I didn't read the story.

That said, I don't believe Ororo lied about being clocked by T'challa after hesitating to attack him. I think the tale told in the issue of that scan is every bit as valid as the fight that took place in the AvX issue where she told him he was the worst husband ever. They even had a flash back panel to prove what she said in that scan about him clocking her. Here's what seems to me to be what went on: There are two different stories as to how the break up took place. As I have always said, the way the whole break up went down was out-of-character for both Ororo and T'challa AND it was so poorly thought out and disorganized, it was like each writer could come up with their own way to do it as long as the deed was done. Therefore, you get contradicting events taking place. Also, I don't think the blame for this can rest squarely on the shoulders of the x-office. While they are responsible the version where T'challa clocked Ororo, I think both offices can likely take blame for the other version of the events.

@Sinjection:

I don't know Daredevil or Cage. I don't read either of their comics, so I can't really comment on the whole boxing match thing. I always thought Daredevil may have been a Spiderman-level character who can lift about 10 tons. I've just always had that impression though I have not read his books. From what you've stated, Daredevil is likely weaker than Peter Parker. If he doesn't have some kind of super strength, then I don't see how he could damage Cage like that in a fight. He probably has better agility than Cage to keep Cage from landing a punch, but unless he has some super strength, he should not be able to take Cage out of a fight by punching him out from what you've stated Cage's invulnerability to be.

@Princesa:

I think it would be nice for T'challa to meet his daughter and form a bond with her. It would bring out another aspect of his character. That said, I don't want Marvel to do to Storm what they did with Jean Grey having all of these alternate reality kids show up. I don't want to see a bunch of alternate reality kids of Ororo. Its tiresome and I will NEVER care as much about them as I do Storm and Storm's character might end up getting drowned out trying to play all of them up. That would make me hate them. One kid is cool. Since Kymera came to this time and reality first, keep her. If others start showing up, I'm gonna start calling them "the brats I don't care about" and I will turn against the whole lot of them.

That said, in X-Men, they are REALLY getting into the whole Storm/Kymera mother/daughter bonding thing. I am not currently picking up that title, but I am scanning through it in the store. Kymera is now going on team missions with her mother's all female team and she, Kymera, has vowed on this mission to be the one to save the day. I hope she doesn't have elemental powers like her mother. I would rather her have powers like Vixen. It would also suit her name better, Kymera which is just a funny spelling of "chimera" from  Greek mythology.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:56:53 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 20, 2014, 03:53:40 pm »
@Sinjection:

I don't know Daredevil or Cage. I don't read either of their comics, so I can't really comment on the whole boxing match thing. I always thought Daredevil may have been a Spiderman-level character who can lift about 10 tons. I've just always had that impression though I have not read his books. From what you've stated, Daredevil is likely weaker than Peter Parker. If he doesn't have some kind of super strength, then I don't see how he could damage Cage like that in a fight. He probably has better agility than Cage to keep Cage from landing a punch, but unless he has some super strength, he should not be able to take Cage out of a fight by punching him out from what you've stated Cage's invulnerability to be.

Daredevil has no super-human powers except for his radar-sense.  But even Spider-man would break his fists bare-fist punching Cage with all his might.  Well, depends on how solidly he hits him.

Now, DD is faster and more agile than Cage, but not super-humanly so.  He probably could avoid getting punched, but Cage would only need one good hit and then DD is out-cold.  (Shoot, really, if Cage went all out, that one punch could break, paralyze, kill DD.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2014, 03:56:09 pm »
@Sinjection:

Daredevil has no super-human powers except for his radar-sense.  But even Spider-man would break his fists bare-fist punching Cage with all his might.  Well, depends on how solidly he hits him.

Now, DD is faster and more agile than Cage, but not super-humanly so.  He probably could avoid getting punched, but Cage would only need one good hit and then DD is out-cold.  (Shoot, really, if Cage went all out, that one punch could break, paralyze, kill DD.

Uh, what year was this book written? Looks to me like Cage was really devalued in that fight.

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 20, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »
@Sinjection:

Uh, what year was this book written? Looks to me like Cage was really devalued in that fight.

I don't know the original story, but I do think Cage, like many other characters, have grown in power.  He is much stronger and, I think, more invulnerable than he was in the 70s.  Or rather, in the 70s his power level was inconsistent when he first came out.  There were times he didn't appear to be as strong as Spider-man; other times, he seemed much stronger. 

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 20, 2014, 04:04:50 pm »
@Sinjection:

I don't know the original story, but I do think Cage, like many other characters, have grown in power.  He is much stronger and, I think, more invulnerable than he was in the 70s.  Or rather, in the 70s his power level was inconsistent when he first came out.  There were times he didn't appear to be as strong as Spider-man; other times, he seemed much stronger.

Ah, okay. So, when DD beat him, was it during the time when his powers were inconsistent?

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 20, 2014, 05:59:41 pm »
@Sinjection:

Ah, okay. So, when DD beat him, was it during the time when his powers were inconsistent?

Daredevil - Cage Match
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #593 on: July 20, 2014, 08:53:10 pm »
@Sinjection:

Daredevil - Cage Match

helluva find, bruh! And yeah...Cage HAD gone through a strenght and invulnerability upgrade since the '70's. So did Ben Grimm as The Thing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:43:35 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 20, 2014, 10:12:48 pm »

Wasn't the Storm/Namor thing was kinda like a quasi alternate reality situation? None of the characters even remember it. So, during that time, Ororo would not have been married to T'challa...or, at least, aware that she was a married woman if she indeed were. IDK, I didn't read the story.

That said, I don't believe Ororo lied about being clocked by T'challa after hesitating to attack him. I think the tale told in the issue of that scan is every bit as valid as the fight that took place in the AvX issue where she told him he was the worst husband ever. They even had a flash back panel to prove what she said in that scan about him clocking her. Here's what seems to me to be what went on: There are two different stories as to how the break up took place. As I have always said, the way the whole break up went down was out-of-character for both Ororo and T'challa AND it was so poorly thought out and disorganized, it was like each writer could come up with their own way to do it as long as the deed was done. Therefore, you get contradicting events taking place. Also, I don't think the blame for this can rest squarely on the shoulders of the x-office. While they are responsible the version where T'challa clocked Ororo, I think both offices can likely take blame for the other version of the events.

Wait, that's complete crap. "Fox News Spin Doctoring Level" crap. Storm flatout lied, because she said that she was KO'd and the fight ended, with her waking up when she was clear of danger. But when she and T'challa fought in the other showing, the fight ended when she walked out of Wakanda with Rachel and the others. Unless someone is going to say that she fainted off camera during the latter example and they forgot to mention it or show it. Which in comicbook rules would mean, that it didn't happen. Because then anyone could make up and add any event that they want inbetween panels.

And the AoX wasn't really an alternate world/time like because Frenzy remembered her relationship with Scott when they got back to the 616, and accosted him over it.

And for the record, I'm not the misogynist, as you were the one who was deliberately using the same logic that misogynists use. It's like how some black Republicans have the nerve to cry foul when called out on using the same racist talking points against black democrats, that white republicans use against blacks in general.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 20, 2014, 10:15:30 pm »

Wait, that's complete crap. Like...."Fox News Spin Doctoring Level" crap. Storm flatout lied, because she said that she was KO'd and the fight ended, with her waking up when she was clear of danger. But when she and T'challa fought in the other showing, the fight ended when she walked out of Wakanda with Rachel and the others. Unless someone is going to say that she fainted off camera during the latter example and they forgot to mention it or show it. Which in comicbook rules would mean, that it didn't happen. Because then anyone could make up and add any event that they want inbetween panels.

And the AoX wasn't really an alternate world/time line because Frenzy remembered her relationship with Scott when they got back to the 616, and accosted him over it. Plus, if it wasn't connected and Storm wasn't connected to T'challa, then why would Namor and Storm ask Emma to remove their memories of what they did?

And for the record, I'm not the misogynist, as you were the one who was deliberately using the same logic that misogynists use. It's like how some black Republicans have the nerve to cry foul when called out on using the same racist talking points against black democrats, that white republicans use against blacks in general.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:18:39 pm by Booshman »

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:36 am »

In fact all of writers responsible for AvX seemed to be wilfully unaware of the fact that Queen Suri was (and is still) the current ruler of Wakanda.

Say on, Salustrade!

The writers were willfully unaware. They simply didn't care. Their aim was by hook, by crook, by any and every dirty trick in the book, to get Storm back so that they could get her flat on her back, legs open, beneath Logan.

Jenn's "....black and f***ing" slogan hurt them to the quick and they were quick to make us all pay for it by breaking up the MARRIAGE in the most humiliating way possible for T'Challa, having him say to Ororo, "...anybody but him." And then, having Ororo - quicker than a flash of lightning - on her back accepting Wolverine's lecherous attentions.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 21, 2014, 09:31:52 am »

Say on, Salustrade!

The writers were willfully unaware. They simply didn't care. Their aim was by hook, by crook, by any and every dirty trick in the book, to get Storm back so that they could get her flat on her back, legs open, beneath Logan.

Jenn's "....black and f***ing" slogan hurt them to the quick and they were quick to make us all pay for it by breaking up the MARRIAGE in the most humiliating way possible for T'Challa, having him say to Ororo, "...anybody but him." And then, having Ororo - quicker than a flash of lightning - on her back accepting Wolverine's lecherous attentions.

Yeah, they might as well have had Ororo moaning, "Can you make me feel good?"

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 21, 2014, 11:36:35 am »
Rut...
Azarri is in the October Avengers World solicits. It's 616. Storm his momma.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 21, 2014, 11:57:04 am »
Rut...
Azarri is in the October Avengers World solicits. It's 616. Storm his momma.

They need to keep him over there then and away from the X-titles. I'm not thinking about that guy.

Pretty nifty! ;)