Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 530147 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #660 on: July 25, 2014, 02:22:38 pm »
At this point, I can't ven begin to fathom why most of you guys continue to feed this troll.

It's part of the on-line promotion tour.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 25, 2014, 03:33:23 pm »
First, I want to address the point about the White male X-Men. I already said that Wolverine was no good for Storm and am totally against that relationship. I never claimed Scott was any better either. If anything, he's worse than Logan, however, Warren is no pedophile. Bobby is a good guy, too. I have never seen Scott paired with a Black woman. Colossus, Warren, Nightcrawler, Cannonball and Bobby are all good guys, if you ask me. Sure, Gambit is a womanizer, but when he's in a relationship, he seems to be pretty monogamous and treats women he dates well.

Rutog, every white male mutant who is or has been an X-Man, or one who associates with the X-Men is doomed to follow in the footsteps of their founder, Professor X.

When Prof X founded his school and founded his first class of X-Men, he entertained thoughts of a possible romance between himself and Jean Grey.

Jean Grey, like her teammates, had blossomed physically but she was still a teenager. Prof X was likely kicking 40 yrs in the buttocks.  :)

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5930/127162.jpg
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:45:54 pm by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 25, 2014, 03:35:42 pm »
First, I want to address the point about the White male X-Men. I already said that Wolverine was no good for Storm and am totally against that relationship. I never claimed Scott was any better either. If anything, he's worse than Logan, however, Warren is no pedophile. Bobby is a good guy, too. I have never seen Scott paired with a Black woman. Colossus, Warren, Nightcrawler, Cannonball and Bobby are all good guys, if you ask me. Sure, Gambit is a womanizer, but when he's in a relationship, he seems to be pretty monogamous and treats women he dates well.

Rutog, every white male mutant who is or has been an X-Man, or one who associates with the X-Men is doomed to follow in the footsteps of their founder, Professor X.

When Prof X founded his school and founded his first class of X-Men, he entertained thoughts of a possible romance between himself and Jean Grey.

Jean Grey, like her teammates, had blossomed physically but she was still a teenager. Prof X was likely kicking 40 yrs in the buttocks.  :)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #663 on: July 25, 2014, 03:51:12 pm »
Jenn's "....black and f***ing" slogan

Nicked that from Hudlin.

Word? Get it, RH!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 25, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »
Misdirection’s, obfuscations and blatant falsifications reign supreme when fanatics seek to deceive the unwary and easily swayed............

You may call me by the slave name given to me by a seemingly benign benefactor when as a young woman recently come into her power and revered by her people, he plucked me from dwellings ancestral in Eastern Africa, and whisked me away to the land of the white man to join his army.

And oh what an army it was.

Populated with other specially gifted people from different parts of the world, my mind was intrigued with these “X-men” and the man who had drawn us together to fight the good fight in a war that I’d never even been aware of wilst nurturing the soil and crops of my Motherland

For many years I fought alongside my fellow mutants (for in time, I learnt that I was amongst an elite band of beings set apart from the rest of humanity by an X-gene) and there was much joy and tragedy along the way even as my heart was drawn further away from the open plains of the Serengeti that I’d known in my youth but even further away from the love that I found within the presence of another to whom the land had equally been home and hearth.

T’Challa, he who had captured my imagination as a young woman newly awakened into awareness.

I rescued him from the clutches of evil men who sought to enslave him and together we wandered adventuring across the length and breadth of the Serengeti until the call of duty to his homeland drew him away from me and I was once again left alone with thoughts and memories of first love blowing through the aeries of my mind even as I descended from the heavens like an avenging falcon to flay the flesh off of the marauding hordes of Slavers and others who sought to ply their trade in African flesh with impunity.

I never knew if I’d see my erstwhile Prince again and in time, my life was completely subsumed within the never ending cycle of struggle that informed the life of a mutant perpetually feared and hated by my fellow humans.

Funny how I never knew this “hatred” when I was back home in the Serengeti amongst my people.

I wonder what T'Challa i doing with himself these days?

You may call me Storm.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 25, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »
Misdirection’s, obfuscations and blatant falsifications reign supreme when fanatics seek to deceive the unwary and easily swayed............

You may call me by the slave name given to me by a seemingly benign benefactor when as a young woman recently come into her power and revered by her people, he plucked me from dwellings ancestral in Eastern Africa, and whisked me away to the land of the white man to join his army.

Populated with other specially gifted people from different parts of the world, my mind was intrigued with these “X-men” and the man who had drawn us together to fight the good fight in a war that I’d never even been aware of wilst nurturing the soil and crops of my Motherland

For many years I fought alongside my fellow mutants (for in time, I learnt that I was amongst an elite band of beings set apart from the rest of humanity by an X-gene) and there was much joy and tragedy along the way even as my heart was drawn further away from the open plains of the Serengeti that I’d known in my youth but even further away from the love that I found within the presence of another to whom the land had equally been home and hearth.

T’Challa, he who had captured my imagination as a young woman newly awakened into awareness.

I rescued him from the clutches of evil men who sought to enslave him and together we wandered adventuring across the length and breadth of the Serengeti until the call of duty to his homeland drew him away from me and I was once again left alone with thoughts and memories of first love blowing through the aeries of my mind even as I descended from the heavens like an avenging falcon to flay the flesh off of the marauding hordes of Slavers and others who sought to ply their trade in African flesh with impunity.

I never knew if I’d see my erstwhile Prince again and in time, my life was completely subsumed within the never ending cycle of struggle that informed the life of a mutant perpetually feared and hated by my fellow humans.

Funny how I never knew this “hatred” when I was back home in the Serengeti amongst my people.

You may call me Storm.

That quote...the text above the pic of Storm laying in the rai nholding Wolvreine's mask...is DOOOOPPPE. Who wrote that, Sal? You?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 25, 2014, 05:17:19 pm »

You may call me Storm.

That quote...the text above the pic of Storm laying in the rai nholding Wolvreine's mask...is DOOOOPPPE. Who wrote that, Sal? You?

Thanks my brother,

Yes, I wrote it.  :)

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 25, 2014, 07:28:52 pm »
Personally, I don't want Storm with anyone. According to a poster on another board, "Hickman wanted to use Storm (the X-verse said no) and have T'Challa secretly sleeping with her behind the scenes = so to Wakanda they are broken up, but they would still be together. Hickman didn't want to use Storm IN the Illuminati, but he wanted to use her as a glorified booty call."

Now, how disrespectful to Storm is this? This shows a TOTAL disrespect of Black women. Look, things were getting better with Storm and T'challa under Hudlin before he was replaced by Maberry...then things hit an all-time low with Storm playing second fiddle to a third string character like Shuri. If Marvel had allowed Hickman to get Storm just to be Panther's booty call, that would have been terrible. Look at how Storm is viewed when she leaves the x-office? She may be sleeping with Logan right now, but they are in a relationship at least. (Ugh). Its not like she's sleeping with somebody who wants to keep his thing with her on the down low like Hickman wanted to. Why can't Storm and T'challa be written as the characters that they are without one character having to be written down for the other? I mean, really? This is not rocket science, folks! Since Marvel can't seem to do it, then the two characters don't need to be in a relationship together, but should remain as close friends and should be able to share adventures together sometimes.

To be fair, not all x-writers are fair to Storm. Lobdell/Kelly/Seagle comes to mind as well as the x-writers post Claremont after she married Panther like that TERRIBLE Matt Fraction. On the other hand, Claremont/Yost/Davis/Pak are all x-writers who write a wonderful Storm.

On the CBR Storm thread where you first read this, you explicitly asked for proof of Hickman wanting to use as a booty-call "before you mentioned it to your pals on another forums". But that person (*hint hint* he goes by the initials "K.F.") never provided a source, and yet you still went ahead with it not even 2 hours later. Like it was true. Then when that was corrected by someone IN the thread , and you didn't even retract this blatant lie here. This just shows that you're not capable of debating in good faith, and are merely interested in little more than "sh*tposting". And Storm attacking Sunfire and breaking in to Japan, was her being "typical Storm". Just like when she barged into Wakanda TWICE, after her banning.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:34:06 pm by Booshman »

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 25, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »

You may call me Storm.

Masterful. Bravo, Salustrade!

You've looked into Ororo's soul and captured the truest essence of this tragic individual.

As a child, Ororo lived in Harlem. After the horrific incident while living in Egypt which killed her parents and inflicted her with claustrophobia, the orphaned Ororo had to resort to thievery to survive. Survive she did, maturing into young womanhood in her native lands and coming to be regarded as a goddess. Ororo would join the mutant supremacy organization a.k.a. the cult of the X-Men and her life would take a turn for the worse. The sad part is her future was written so that she wouldn't have been able to see dangers if she'd tried to do so.

While an X-Man, Ororo - now called Storm - would return to Harlem, to the place she called home as a child only to find it a rundown flophouse for societies dropouts and druggies. The thing is this. Ororo may have walked the streets of Harlem, dealt with a pimp, viewed the physical and psychological ruins of that community. Logan would have referred to Harlem as the slums, but Ororo didn't start slumming until she associated and continued her unfortunate association with that dysfunctional X-Mess.

Once a Queen. Once a glittering Queen.

Now, a lowly wretch lying in the rain weeping over the demise of some runt who'd outlived his usefulness long before now.

How fortunate we are...you and I, Salustrade and the rest of the Mighty HEF membership, that some x-writer isn't penning life's path for our footsteps.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 25, 2014, 10:22:53 pm »
Personally, I don't want Storm with anyone. According to a poster on another board, "Hickman wanted to use Storm (the X-verse said no) and have T'Challa secretly sleeping with her behind the scenes = so to Wakanda they are broken up, but they would still be together. Hickman didn't want to use Storm IN the Illuminati, but he wanted to use her as a glorified booty call."

Now, how disrespectful to Storm is this? This shows a TOTAL disrespect of Black women. Look, things were getting better with Storm and T'challa under Hudlin before he was replaced by Maberry...then things hit an all-time low with Storm playing second fiddle to a third string character like Shuri. If Marvel had allowed Hickman to get Storm just to be Panther's booty call, that would have been terrible. Look at how Storm is viewed when she leaves the x-office? She may be sleeping with Logan right now, but they are in a relationship at least. (Ugh). Its not like she's sleeping with somebody who wants to keep his thing with her on the down low like Hickman wanted to. Why can't Storm and T'challa be written as the characters that they are without one character having to be written down for the other? I mean, really? This is not rocket science, folks! Since Marvel can't seem to do it, then the two characters don't need to be in a relationship together, but should remain as close friends and should be able to share adventures together sometimes.

To be fair, not all x-writers are fair to Storm. Lobdell/Kelly/Seagle comes to mind as well as the x-writers post Claremont after she married Panther like that TERRIBLE Matt Fraction. On the other hand, Claremont/Yost/Davis/Pak are all x-writers who write a wonderful Storm.

On the CBR Storm thread where you first read this, you explicitly asked for proof of Hickman wanting to use as a booty-call "before you mentioned it to your pals on another forums". But that person (*hint hint* he goes by the initials "K.F.") never provided a source, and yet you still went ahead with it not even 2 hours later. Like it was true. Then when that was corrected by someone IN the thread , and you didn't even retract this blatant lie here. This just shows that you're not capable of debating in good faith, and are merely interested in little more than "sh*tposting". And Storm attacking Sunfire and breaking in to Japan, was her being "typical Storm". Just like when she barged into Wakanda TWICE, after her banning.

First off, after I asked that question, I did a google scan for Hickman writing Storm. I came across a BP forum where people mentioned Hickman wanting to write Storm in a book with BP. After that, my mind was made up. There's no way I believe he was going to try and repair the marriage. With the disastrous results from the first go around, Marvel was not about to let this happen. On top of it, I could not find any info about Hickman wanting to put her on the Illuminati. So, why else was he going to write Storm? I assumed the guy was right and he was going to use her for a booty call. My mind went right to the mini series where Storm was made to have sex with T'challa at 12, how Storm was written down to play second fiddle to a third rate character like Shuri and how Marvel had her beg Logan to stay with her. So, in my mind, I went to the worst conclusions possible and thought that guy knew what he was talking about since it would fit the pattern. As I told Princesa earlier, I would not be able to get back to the boards until tonight or tomorrow sometime. I did not see the correction on the other board till just now. That said, my position stands. Storm does NOT need to be in a relationship with ANYONE. If she gets back together with Panther, odds are she is not going to get the respect she deserves as one of Marvel flagship female iconic characters. Maberry showed us this as did EJD. Then, she's being messed up by the current x-writers with the Wolverine thing. This has gone on long enough. Its time to let this lady be alone.

@KIP, how do you know Xavier had a crush on Jean Grey? That's nasty.

@Everyone, I'm not saying that all of the X-Men males are good guys. I think a good many of them are and they happen to be White. The point I was making is I don't mind Black women being paired with GOOD men regardless of their race.  Sinjection has a point in that there should be more Black male characters on the team. Its an oversight on the part of the company. That said, how many Black characters are members of the FF? How often do you see Black characters as alternate members of the FF when members of the team take a sabbatical? Why are you only making this big deal about the X-office? On the Avengers, how many Black characters are on the team who have the same standing with the team as Storm with the X-Men? You have to include the positive as well as the negative.

Addressing the point about Hudlin being criticized if he had written an instance with Storm having to work to stop that tsunami, you may have a point there, but then again, you may not. One thing I will say is as a result of the mini and of some awkwardness at the beginning of his writing of Storm's character, many of her fans were completely close-minded to him. I always told them that he liked the character, who is difficult to write, and just needs time to get his footing with her. However, their minds were made up after the mini and a couple of awkward issues that followed. That said, I could see them looking for anything to criticize him for. You can't say for certainty how they would have reacted. One thing I was hoping for in Hudlin's book were big Storm feats. Who knows? If Hudlin had wrote that tsunami feat, Storm may not have even been winded afterwards and her fans would have been excited behind it. You're playing with a lot of "what ifs?", here.

Regarding the scan of Storm depressed over Logan's death, its good characterization. Though I am repulsed by the fact, she is in love with him, Pak is not responsible for that relationship. However, he is a great writer judging from Storm #1. Hopefully, he will deliver a GREAT story for issue 3 with Storm reacting to his death. Basically, he can take the lemons (Storm being in love with Logan) and make lemonade out of it with good storytelling when he dies (Ding dong the troll is dead!). I fully expect Storm to take Logan's death hard as that would be in character for her.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 25, 2014, 11:59:42 pm »

First off, after I asked that question, I did a google scan for Hickman writing Storm. I came across a BP forum where people mentioned Hickman wanting to write Storm in a book with BP. After that, my mind was made up. There's no way I believe he was going to try and repair the marriage. With the disastrous results from the first go around, Marvel was not about to let this happen. On top of it, I could not find any info about Hickman wanting to put her on the Illuminati. So, why else was he going to write Storm? I assumed the guy was right and he was going to use her for a booty call. My mind went right to the mini series where Storm was made to have sex with T'challa at 12, how Storm was written down to play second fiddle to a third rate character like Shuri and how Marvel had her beg Logan to stay with her. So, in my mind, I went to the worst conclusions possible and thought that guy knew what he was talking about since it would fit the pattern. As I told Princesa earlier, I would not be able to get back to the boards until tonight or tomorrow sometime. I did not see the correction on the other board till just now. That said, my position stands. Storm does NOT need to be in a relationship with ANYONE. If she gets back together with Panther, odds are she is not going to get the respect she deserves as one of Marvel flagship female iconic characters. Maberry showed us this as did EJD. Then, she's being messed up by the current x-writers with the Wolverine thing. This has gone on long enough. Its time to let this lady be alone.

@KIP, how do you know Xavier had a crush on Jean Grey? That's nasty.

@Everyone, I'm not saying that all of the X-Men males are good guys. I think a good many of them are and they happen to be White. The point I was making is I don't mind Black women being paired with GOOD men regardless of their race.  Sinjection has a point in that there should be more Black male characters on the team. Its an oversight on the part of the company. That said, how many Black characters are members of the FF? How often do you see Black characters as alternate members of the FF when members of the team take a sabbatical? Why are you only making this big deal about the X-office? On the Avengers, how many Black characters are on the team who have the same standing with the team as Storm with the X-Men? You have to include the positive as well as the negative.

Addressing the point about Hudlin being criticized if he had written an instance with Storm having to work to stop that tsunami, you may have a point there, but then again, you may not. One thing I will say is as a result of the mini and of some awkwardness at the beginning of his writing of Storm's character, many of her fans were completely close-minded to him. I always told them that he liked the character, who is difficult to write, and just needs time to get his footing with her. However, their minds were made up after the mini and a couple of awkward issues that followed. That said, I could see them looking for anything to criticize him for. You can't say for certainty how they would have reacted. One thing I was hoping for in Hudlin's book were big Storm feats. Who knows? If Hudlin had wrote that tsunami feat, Storm may not have even been winded afterwards and her fans would have been excited behind it. You're playing with a lot of "what ifs?", here.

Regarding the scan of Storm depressed over Logan's death, its good characterization. Though I am repulsed by the fact, she is in love with him, Pak is not responsible for that relationship. However, he is a great writer judging from Storm #1. Hopefully, he will deliver a GREAT story for issue 3 with Storm reacting to his death. Basically, he can take the lemons (Storm being in love with Logan) and make lemonade out of it with good storytelling when he dies (Ding dong the troll is dead!). I fully expect Storm to take Logan's death hard as that would be in character for her.

Rutog is imo reasonable well balanced and sensible, and he wrote a very good post above. His extreme passion for STORM is very obvious, and while it sometimes leads him to opinions occupying the outer fringes for those of us who o not follow Storm with the intensity and dare I say borderline fanaticism that he does...what he always shows is a deep knowledge of and a solid grasp of the material he posts.

There is always something compelling about his posts. Whether or not we agree with him.

And he's right about Pak. He's right that Storm would take Logan's death very hard and it will have a heavy impact upon her. It SHOULD do so.  Given the DECADES they spent together, their romantic relationship...how could it not?

lf T'Challa died? She'd be prostrate, too.

I expect her to seek vengeance on the murderers of Logan...or a at least I expect her to do so if she's allowed by the X-Office to play a role in any kind of "get back" for Logan's death. I would expect the same...if Pak was writing her, and if he wasn't handcuffed by the X-Office and/or Editorial...if TChalla died or was severely injured.

This woman stood off Death itself for TChalla. Under RH's pen. Fighting Death's minions to a standstill is nearly on par with housing the essence of ETERNITY. Fighting a running battle with The Super Zombies while everyone else was getting eaten by them? Yeah, let's give her feats under RH's pen their props. The Super Skrull arc was basically The Storm Show. She beat down everyone, plus she rescued TChalla. TWICE.

Bringin that up off of the top of my head just to make it clear that Storm wasn't second fiddle to anyone under RH's pen.

Other than the points listed above, and the fact that I am one of the lone wolves on this forum that openly loves EJD's miniseries and finds it superior to the original CC script BY LIGHTYEARS [ if I see supertech supergenius TChalla in a old skool loincloth again, dealing with pathetic tech group flunkies and some Bull guy who wouldn't even rate a second look from the Dora Milaje, I'm assassinating the writer ] and other than having my doubts about Hickman reducing Storm to a "booty call" and even more dubious am I about Hickman remotely trying to spark back up the marriage between TChalla and Storm--more likely a passionate but troubled connection highlighting the character strengths and quirks of each character, given his long game and character focused style--I pretty much agree with what Rutog wrote above.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 26, 2014, 01:03:22 am »

You just completely sidestepped THE FACT that you eagerly repeated what was a lie, and were called out on it. This entire post was 100% irrelevant. Nice strawman.

Pretty sure Sam Wilson has a high standing on the Avengers, as Storm does. If not MORESO NOW, that he's taking up Cap's mantle. (Again.) Secondly, the Avengers and no other group is an allegory for (among other things as well, but mainly) the Civil Right's Movement. So the X-men constantly disproportionately killing off/displacing the main group that played the biggest role in that part of the allegory is problematic from all sides. The Avengers and other groups, while problematic for not having a lot of black characters, don't get quite as bad as the X-men because they aren't a bastardized version of an oppressed group's story/movement.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 26, 2014, 01:07:55 am »
Other than the points listed above, and the fact that I am one of the lone wolves on this forum that openly loves EJD's miniseries and finds it superior to the original CC script BY LIGHTYEARS [ if I see supertech supergenius TChalla in a old skool loincloth again, dealing with pathetic tech group flunkies and some Bull guy who wouldn't even rate a second look from the Dora Milaje, I'm assassinating the writer ] and other than having my doubts about Hickman reducing Storm to a "booty call" and even more dubious am I about Hickman remotely trying to spark back up the marriage between TChalla and Storm--more likely a passionate but troubled connection highlighting the character strengths and quirks of each character, given his long game and character focused style--I pretty much agree with what Rutog wrote above.

Hickman only planned on having T'challa and Storm continue their relationship in secret. Secret, because of the politics between Wakanda and the X-men. But a certain fool intentionally took that as "Storm being reduced to a booty call.", and Rutog took that as the gospel. Because he doesn't think. It's telling that the person who made the claim didn't even ask about it in the BP thread, he just went to the Storm thread and tried to smear BP with it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:31:30 am by Booshman »

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 26, 2014, 01:28:56 am »
Hasn't shown me anything that shows Rut being a reasonable poster, taking the word of a known liar( especially one who's knowledge of Black Panther comes from those who hate the character as he's only read Doomwar ) drives that fact home further

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 26, 2014, 01:33:27 am »

Hickman only planned on having T'challa and Storm continue their relationship in secret. Secret, because of the politics between Wakanda and the X-men. But a certain fool intentionally took that as "Storm being reduced to a booty call.", and Rutog took that as the gospel. Because he doesn't think.

I find it sad yet hilarious that the thought of Storm being a booty call for T'Challa but being on IN PRINT for Logan just gets a pass with a "but they have a history together"

She got over being disappointed about X-Force real quick