Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 530277 times)

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #675 on: July 26, 2014, 02:24:00 am »
Other than the points listed above, and the fact that I am one of the lone wolves on this forum that openly loves EJD's miniseries and finds it superior to the original CC script BY LIGHTYEARS [ if I see supertech supergenius TChalla in a old skool loincloth again, dealing with pathetic tech group flunkies and some Bull guy who wouldn't even rate a second look from the Dora Milaje, I'm assassinating the writer ] and other than having my doubts about Hickman reducing Storm to a "booty call" and even more dubious am I about Hickman remotely trying to spark back up the marriage between TChalla and Storm--more likely a passionate but troubled connection highlighting the character strengths and quirks of each character, given his long game and character focused style--I pretty much agree with what Rutog wrote above.

Hickman only planned on having T'challa and Storm continue their relationship in secret. Secret, because of the politics between Wakanda and the X-men. But a certain fool intentionally took that as "Storm being reduced to a booty call.", and Rutog took that as the gospel. Because he doesn't think.

I find it sad yet hilarious that the thought of Storm being a booty call for T'Challa but being on IN PRINT for Logan just gets a pass with a "but they have a history together"

She got over being disappointed about X-Force real quick

Logan, "The drunken, racist, child-killing, liar, with anger issues."

Offline panther0123

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 26, 2014, 05:22:09 am »
Other than the points listed above, and the fact that I am one of the lone wolves on this forum that openly loves EJD's miniseries and finds it superior to the original CC script BY LIGHTYEARS [ if I see supertech supergenius TChalla in a old skool loincloth again, dealing with pathetic tech group flunkies and some Bull guy who wouldn't even rate a second look from the Dora Milaje, I'm assassinating the writer ] and other than having my doubts about Hickman reducing Storm to a "booty call" and even more dubious am I about Hickman remotely trying to spark back up the marriage between TChalla and Storm--more likely a passionate but troubled connection highlighting the character strengths and quirks of each character, given his long game and character focused style--I pretty much agree with what Rutog wrote above.

Hickman only planned on having T'challa and Storm continue their relationship in secret. Secret, because of the politics between Wakanda and the X-men. But a certain fool intentionally took that as "Storm being reduced to a booty call.", and Rutog took that as the gospel. Because he doesn't think.

I find it sad yet hilarious that the thought of Storm being a booty call for T'Challa but being on IN PRINT for Logan just gets a pass with a "but they have a history together"

She got over being disappointed about X-Force real quick

Logan, "The drunken, racist, child-killing, liar, with anger issues."

You forget he is a kidnapping "Pedo-Weasel".

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 26, 2014, 05:58:55 am »
When Hickman took over all things Avengers a Spider-woman fan asked him about stories of her and Barton and he said "I'm not writing Clint loves Jessica". New Avengers fans can attest to there is no fluff in that book. None of Starks women or Reed or Black Bolts wives. If Storm was a part of this book she would have been significant and for the better. No schizophrenic silly relationship with T'Challa,still a confidant...I don't hate X Verse fans per se but there is an element I despise. I find them twisted. I have no problem with a person not favoring the marriage that's fine,I'll never accept Superman/Wonder Woman. No it's the ones with a form of soul sickness...There is something wrong...

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 26, 2014, 06:12:51 am »
Rutog is imo reasonable well balanced and sensible, and he wrote a very good post above. His extreme passion for STORM is very obvious, and while it sometimes leads him to opinions occupying the outer fringes for those of us who o not follow Storm with the intensity and dare I say borderline fanaticism that he does...what he always shows is a deep knowledge of and a solid grasp of the material he posts.

There is always something compelling about his posts. Whether or not we agree with him.

And he's right about Pak. He's right that Storm would take Logan's death very hard and it will have a heavy impact upon her. It SHOULD do so.  Given the DECADES they spent together, their romantic relationship...how could it not?

lf T'Challa died? She'd be prostrate, too.

I expect her to seek vengeance on the murderers of Logan...or a at least I expect her to do so if she's allowed by the X-Office to play a role in any kind of "get back" for Logan's death. I would expect the same...if Pak was writing her, and if he wasn't handcuffed by the X-Office and/or Editorial...if TChalla died or was severely injured.

This woman stood off Death itself for TChalla. Under RH's pen. Fighting Death's minions to a standstill is nearly on par with housing the essence of ETERNITY. Fighting a running battle with The Super Zombies while everyone else was getting eaten by them? Yeah, let's give her feats under RH's pen their props. The Super Skrull arc was basically The Storm Show. She beat down everyone, plus she rescued TChalla. TWICE.

Bringin that up off of the top of my head just to make it clear that Storm wasn't second fiddle to anyone under RH's pen.

Once again, Brother, your ability to see all sides of an issue and the extraordinary patience which allows you to do so is illuminated in your observation.

Rutog is what you say. Our Brothers on the other hand, have an opinion which they've formulated through time and experience with respect to Rutog at variance with your own. Salustrade, Seven, Genki Sudo, Kimoyo, Booshman have gone toe-to-toe with the denizens of that other place (CBR). The x-fanatics there would test the limits of even your considerable patience, Supreme.

As you know, that entire forum was purged to rid itself of individuals who allowed their passions to boil over to the point where some might have attempted a near-criminal act on the object of their ire. Salustrade, Seven and the others have confronted and are confronting mindsets and opinions not unlike in many respects to those purged CBR members every other day, if not daily. A steady diet of that can be irritating. They are bizarre, Supreme. I know. I've been there. I can see how Booshman - who has mentioned more than once Rutog's CBR activities - might be sort of abrupt with Rutog in their discourse.  Jenn has seen the worst of internet forums where fanatics of an intolerable and racist bent have given vent to their idiocy and she has evinced little patience with Rutog. Princessa of all people has referred to Rutog as a troll. And Kip...even Kip struck me as perhaps becoming mildly irritated (?) by some of Rutog's sometimes over-the-top descriptions of Storm's power levels.

I give it up to Rutog. He's standing his ground. He was wrong about Storm being written as second fiddle to Shuri. The way the story was written, if not for Storm's mild rebuke of Ramonda and her confidence in Shuri at a time when Ororo showed her TRUE STRENGTH OF CHARACTER functioning as Queen of Wakanda while her husband fought for his life, Shuri would not be the Black Panther today. Shuri is the Black Panther BECAUSE OF STORM. Wolverine gets kudos for transforming a "little punkin" into a Shadowcat. Storm's contribution to Wakanda and to the lineage of the Black Panther is ignored. Many Storm fans are afflicted with this tunnel vision. Rutog is one such.

Still, Rutog deserves a respectful reading and from what I've seen, he has attempted to be respectful when responding to rebuts to his debate points.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 26, 2014, 07:30:18 am »
@KIP, how do you know Xavier had a crush on Jean Grey? That's nasty.

Here's the thing, it's not what you think because of reconts.  When the X-Men originally started, the idea was that mutants were products of the atomic age, all of them born after atomic experiments began.  So, Xavier though he was bald, was probably only in his mid twenties in X-Men number 1.  That quickly changed when they started building a back story and started making him older, but when that was written, Xavier might have been only 5 or 8 years older than Jean and back then, that wasn't creepy.  (Plus, while they were all in HS, they were all seniors except Ice Man, and I think they quickly hit the point where only Bobby was under 18.)

It's like Sue and Reed.  Have you ever noticed how when they started, Sue is ten years younger than Reed with a crush, but in all modern retellings of the FF, Sue is the same age as Reed.  What we find creepy today, wasn't so creepy in the 60s.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:43:54 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 26, 2014, 07:55:17 am »

Here's the thing, it's not what you think because of reconts.  When the X-Men originally started, the idea was that mutants were products of the atomic age, all of them born after atomic experiments began.  So, Xavier though he was bald, was probably only in his mid twenties in X-Men number 1.  That quickly changed when they started building a back story and started making him older, but when that was written, Xavier might have been only 5 or 8 years older than Jean and back then, that wasn't creepy.  (Plus, while they were all in HS, they were all seniors except Ice Man, and I think they quickly hit the point where only Bobby was under 18.)

It's like Sue and Reed.  Have you ever noticed how when they started, Sue is ten years younger than Reed with a crush, but in all modern retellings of the FF, Sue is the same age as Reed.  What we find creepy today, wasn't so creepy in the 60s.

Kip, I've read one account that Prof X first met Jean Grey when she was still a baby and he was a fully grown man in his twenties. Others say Prof X was a fully grown man who'd met Jean Grey when she was still a small child. The age difference would have been far greater than a mere 5 - 8 year span.

Even if it were however, the relationship Prof X sought - or entertained notions of having - with Jean were highly improper, criminal, and creepy. Today, more and more we see school teachers who are sexually involved with their students. Mary Kay Letourneau pursued Vili Fualaau when he was still a very young student. The age span between those two and Prof X and Jean Grey is comparable I'd say.

Prof X was an older man who was in a position of authority and trust over a still-young lady, Jean Grey. He was interested in establishing what would have been an improper intimate relationship with his young charge. This would not go over today and I'd have to think it wouldn't have been smiled upon in the 60's either.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 26, 2014, 08:25:29 am »
Rutog is imo reasonable well balanced and sensible, and he wrote a very good post above. His extreme passion for STORM is very obvious, and while it sometimes leads him to opinions occupying the outer fringes for those of us who o not follow Storm with the intensity and dare I say borderline fanaticism that he does...what he always shows is a deep knowledge of and a solid grasp of the material he posts.

There is always something compelling about his posts. Whether or not we agree with him.

And he's right about Pak. He's right that Storm would take Logan's death very hard and it will have a heavy impact upon her. It SHOULD do so.  Given the DECADES they spent together, their romantic relationship...how could it not?

I expect her to seek vengeance on the murderers of Logan...or a at least I expect her to do so if she's allowed by the X-Office to play a role in any kind of "get back" for Logan's death. I would expect the same...if Pak was writing her, and if he wasn't handcuffed by the X-Office and/or Editorial...if TChalla died or was severely injured.

This woman stood off Death itself for TChalla. Under RH's pen. Fighting Death's minions to a standstill is nearly on par with housing the essence of ETERNITY. Fighting a running battle with The Super Zombies while everyone else was getting eaten by them? Yeah, let's give her feats under RH's pen their props. The Super Skrull arc was basically The Storm Show. She beat down everyone, plus she rescued TChalla. TWICE.

Bringin that up off of the top of my head just to make it clear that Storm wasn't second fiddle to anyone under RH's pen.

Once again, Brother, your ability to see all sides of an issue and the extraordinary patience which allows you to do so is illuminated in your observation.

Rutog is what you say. Our Brothers on the other hand, have an opinion which they've formulated through time and experience with respect to Rutog at variance with your own. Salustrade, Seven, Genki Sudo, Kimoyo, Booshman have gone toe-to-toe with the denizens of that other place (CBR). The x-fanatics there would test the limits of even your considerable patience, Supreme.

As you know, that entire forum was purged to rid itself of individuals who allowed their passions to boil over to the point where some might have attempted a near-criminal act on the object of their ire. Salustrade, Seven and the others have confronted and are confronting mindsets and opinions not unlike in many respects to those purged CBR members every other day, if not daily. A steady diet of that can be irritating. They are bizarre, Supreme. I know. I've been there. I can see how Booshman - who has mentioned more than once Rutog's CBR activities - might be sort of abrupt with Rutog in their discourse.  Jenn has seen the worst of internet forums where fanatics of an intolerable and racist bent have given vent to their idiocy and she has evinced little patience with Rutog. Princessa of all people has referred to Rutog as a troll. And Kip...even Kip struck me as perhaps becoming mildly irritated (?) by some of Rutog's sometimes over-the-top descriptions of Storm's power levels.

I give it up to Rutog. He's standing his ground. He was wrong about Storm being written as second fiddle to Shuri. The way the story was written, if not for Storm's mild rebuke of Ramonda and her confidence in Shuri at a time when Ororo showed her TRUE STRENGTH OF CHARACTER functioning as Queen of Wakanda while her husband fought for his life, Shuri would not be the Black Panther today. Shuri is the Black Panther BECAUSE OF STORM. Wolverine gets kudos for transforming a "little punkin" into a Shadowcat. Storm's contribution to Wakanda and to the lineage of the Black Panther is ignored. Many Storm fans are afflicted with this tunnel vision. Rutog is one such.

Still, Rutog deserves a respectful reading and from what I've seen, he has attempted to be respectful when responding to rebuts to his debate points.

As far as I'm concerned, Rutog deserves ZERO respect over here on HEF for the simple fact that his penchant for running down T'Challa and the Black Panther mythos whilst posting over on CBR, marks him out as being amongst one of the most two-faced and cowardly posters that I've ever had the misfortune of encountering in all my years posting on various forums.

In many ways, he is a less intelligent carbon copy of the same poster over on CBR whose lies he was so quick to endorse and carry forward as fact even when said fallacy was pointed out to him and as such, I see no reason why Rutog should be accorded any type of respect over here on HEF.

There's nothing remotely balanced about his approach to discussion/debate where the subject of Storm is concerned but it's very clear based on his posts that his knowledge of T'Challa and the BP mythos are just as lacking as that of the self same idiot he's so fond of co-signing over on CBR.

An idiot who never even read a single issue of Reginald Hudlin's BP run but still had the audacity to criticize it on CBR based on hearsay.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 26, 2014, 08:26:34 am »

Kip, I've read one account that Prof X first met Jean Grey when she was still a baby and he was a fully grown man in his twenties. Others say Prof X was a fully grown man who'd met Jean Grey when she was still a small child. The age difference would have been far greater than a mere 5 - 8 year span.

Even if it were however, the relationship Prof X sought - or entertained notions of having - with Jean were highly improper, criminal, and creepy. Today, more and more we see school teachers who are sexually involved with their students. Mary Kay Letourneau pursued Vili Fualaau when he was still a very young student. The age span between those two and Prof X and Jean Grey is comparable I'd say.

Prof X was an older man who was in a position of authority and trust over a still-young lady, Jean Grey. He was interested in establishing what would have been an improper intimate relationship with his young charge. This would not go over today and I'd have to think it wouldn't have been smiled upon in the 60's either.

Nah, in the 60s would have no problem with it. The simple fact that the comic code authority approved it, and it had no backlash on the stands nor were they worried about it having problems.  Standards were different back then.  They could have gotten married, and the audience wouldn't' have given it a second thought.  I have sometimes noticed such things watching old movies/tv shows.  Minor girls, adult men.  Standards were different back then.  (Shoot they had Superman do worse back in the 60s/70s.  Superman lost his virginity to a girl who was under his "robot teacher's" mind control. )

But for your point, that's why I said it was a recont.  Originally Professor X was not that much older. Then they made him old enough to serve in Korea.   But one should also note, Professor X said he had a crush on her, but he did not act upon it at all.  And it was never mentioned again.  (Though in this age of tarnishing heroes, someone will probably write that story.)

BTW, I'm not saying it was a good thing.  It should never have been written, but you can't expect 60s writers to write with modern standards.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 26, 2014, 09:09:14 am »
*stares at picture* What in all the f*cks in f*ckland...?

Hickman only planned on having T'challa and Storm continue their relationship in secret. Secret, because of the politics between Wakanda and the X-men. But a certain fool intentionally took that as "Storm being reduced to a booty call.", and Rutog took that as the gospel. Because he doesn't think. It's telling that the person who made the claim didn't even ask about it in the BP thread, he just went to the Storm thread and tried to smear BP with it.

Exactly this. Personally, I wouldn't have had any problem with that scenario at all because that's what would have made sense. Hell, it's the future I've written for them in my head.

I give it up to Rutog. He's standing his ground.

So did George Zimmerman, who was just as big of a fool.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:15:36 am by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 26, 2014, 09:48:23 am »

Couple of things I'd like to point out:

1) Storm was definitely written down as second fiddle to Shuri. When Doom attacked Panther and nearly killed him, Shuri was the one who went out looking for answers, not Storm. This was TOTALLY out-of-character for Ororo. Storm is a very proactive leader. No power on Earth would have stopped Storm from hunting down T'challa's attacker, yet Shuri got the shine here. During "Mutant Massacre", when Mr. Sinister sent his Marauders out to decimate the Morlocks, Storm sent Wolverine out to KILL, that's right, KILL the Marauders. She told him that she needed only one of them brought back to her alive. When she thought Magneto had killed Shadowcat in a story, Storm was prepared to take Magneto on solo in a fight to the death and take his life. When Marrow had a bomb attached to her heart that was going to explode and kill thousands of citizens, people Storm didn't even know, she engaged Marrow in a knife fight and killed her by cutting out her heart. Of course, it was revealed much later that Marrow actually has two hearts to bring her back to life. Recently, in Amazing X-Men (July's issue), she was concerned for Logan when he went up to Canada on his own and had Rachel Grey use Cerebro to scan for his location. She forbade Logan to leave the mansion because he is vulnerable without his healing factor. When Rachel was having difficulty locating him, Storm showed little patience and threatened to replace Rachel with her teenaged mother, Jean Grey. Now, Storm was not married to any of these people, but she chose to marry Panther, which means she loves him. So, yes, Storm was written as second fiddle to Shuri because it was Shuri who took on this role after the assault on T'challa while Ororo was portrayed as this wimpy, weeping wife so distraught over her husband's assault that she was just too emotionally fragile to do anything. Storm is MUCH tougher than that. Her strength of character and fierceness was written down to prop up Shuri. Maberry obviously doesn't know Storm's character or simply didn't care as all he wanted to do was give Shuri the limelight. Storm should have had Logan sniffing around the wreckage for clues, she should have Emma Frost on Cerebro scanning for clues as to Panther's attacker. Heck, she probably would have had Emma use Cerebro to sneak into Panther's mind clear over from America while Panther was in Africa behind his back to ascertain the identity of his attacker. She would have been out there interrogating people and even threatening them for information. Yes, I said threaten. The first time she and Candra crossed swords, Candra had invaded Achmed el-Gibar's home (Ororo's thief mentor back from her childhood days on the streets of Cairo) and convinced one of his street urchins to come with her. Candra's plans were to exploit his latent mutant abilities for herself. Achmed asked Ororo to save the boy from her corruption. In an attempt to locate Candra, she interrogated people and used intimidation to extract information from people as she worked her way through the criminal underground of the city.

Had this been an "in-character" Storm when Maberry took over? Emma would have found out from Panther's mind not only the identity of the attacker, Doom, but also about the nannite threat not only in her bloodstream, but in the bloodstream of every Wakandan citizen from Panther's mind. T'challa avoided telling Storm or anybody else about Doom since Doom would have immediately known that he told somebody through those same nannites. Emma, would have also gleaned this from Panther's mind as she probed his thoughts and memories and alerted Storm to this threat telepathically where Doom would be unable to detect Storm's knowledge of it. Emma would have likely told Ororo aloud (for Doom's sake) that she was unable to get anything out of Panther's head while telepathically telling Ororo EVERYTHING. Storm would have then mentally instructed Emma to telepathically instruct Forge or Beast come up with an antidote for the nannite infection. She would have then somehow come up with a way to instantly disperse this antidote to the entire population simultaneously and it would be a toss up as to whether or not Storm would charge over to Latveria on her own to rain down the fury of the elements upon Doom's head or if she would have restrained herself for a more concerted attack against Doom working with Shuri, T'challa and the Wakandan military.

2) I don't know what happened on CBR with the other Storm fans vs. Panther fans as I didn't get involved in the online fights over the Storm/BP marriage. I didn't even read the discussions going on there as I had already made up my own mind on the marriage situation. I believe the Storm fans definitely have some legitimate gripes about the whole ordeal (and I share some of those with them as I have outlined my complaints with the sloppy, unrealistic way the two characters were just thrown together in the marriage without any realistic build up, that TERRIBLE mini that brought down Storm and Ororo being written as second fiddle to that third stringer, Shuri). However, I told you guys at length about how I saw the positive potential in such a union. I voiced this overthere as well. Also, remember how I told you it was hotly debated on the internet for years who Storm should be with prior to her marrying Panther? Guess what? Surprise, my first choice for Storm to marry was the BLACK PANTHER in those debates. My second choice was Nightcrawler. He was the only one I thought who was formal enough in manner, gentlemanly and mature enough to be with her. Also, he wasn't pining over the other X-Men like Wolverine was over Jean...well, not going to go on and on about that. Though I never read Panther's title or stories with him save the Priest and original tellings of how he and Ororo met, I liked the idea of the two of them together. That said, I have already voiced my gripes on how the two characters were just SLOPPILY thrown together in an unrealistic way that hurt Storm's character in an effort to rush this forced marriage. It did not feel like a natural progression AT ALL for the two to marry as soon as they did. At any rate, I don't have to repost my arguments on this. To finish this point, I should say that I have never bashed Panther or Hudlin on any thread or forum. Also, I am who I am. I don't come on these boards and say one thing while going on CBR or any other board saying something completely different. So, I don't know what you mean by CBR activities I've been engaging in. I stand behind what I say. I don't change my opinion when I go from one audience to another.

3) You mention that I mildly irritate KIP, right? Perhaps I need to work on that...NOT. He needs to get with the program. KIP is used to me by now...or at least he should be. ;) We've known each other for years. We butt heads, but we like each other. We used to chat on IM, even, and we get on well. Sometimes, we would debate Storm on those IM conversations. He doesn't feel that I overstate Ororo's abilities (because I don't as I have canon PLUS interviews to back up what I say regarding Storm's power levels). Want to know what irks him? His words to me on IM a while back (we have not chatted in a bit), "Storm is a character who can easily become another Phoenix or Isis, but I don't think she should be that powerful." Now, I'm quoting from memory, but those are his exact words to me. I don't know who Isis is, but he told me she was some DC character. He believes Claremont overdid it with Storm. Me, I think she merely got her due and since its in canon, I'm not gonna let it go. Besides, other writers have touched up on the foundation Claremont has established for Storm and we see glimpses of this potential from time to time. On top of that, just last week, I tweeted Yost about possibilities of Storm having huge feats in "Amazing X-Men" since he just took over that title last month. He tweeted back to me that he "lives to give Storm big feats." He was singing my song and I'm dancing to the tune. Marvel is going to get my money for that book! They are doing exactly what they need to do to get me to open up my wallet for that title!

4) Regarding that Booshman guy, Genki, Salustrade and the others on that list you mentioned who are being rude to me, I don't have to be rude back to them because I have the facts on my side. (Earlier on, when I was irked, yeah, I said some not-too-nice things in response to some attacks upon me, but then I figure its not worth it.)  Storm IS all that and a biscuit. If they are jealous of the fact that she is the First Lady of Marvel, that's their problem for their Storm hating, not mine. They just don't want Storm to be great because she's not married to Panther right now. I'm just telling it like it is. Booshman is mad because when he came up with his anti-Storm stuff, I took out a can of "what for" and socked it to him. Notice, I didn't have to call him names, or curse him out (which I don't do to anyone on the internet or in real life) or make any real personal insults upon his person like he does to me except calling him desperate (which he is), ignorant and jealous. When folks on here tried to holler that if Ororo were paired with Peter Parker instead of T'challa how everyone would be saying that he's too good for her, I took care of that and showed how she's too good for Peter. Here's the facts: Storm's got her own solo series going on now with a HUGE fan of hers back from the early Claremontian days writing the book with a MASSIVE Storm fanatic, Daniel Ketchum, editing the book. Ketchum told Pak to write down a list of huge Storm feats he wants to see Storm do in her solo. On top of this, Pak is going to pit Storm against "gods" (and, no, these are not going to be low level "gods" that Spidey and Logan can fight, you can take that to the bank) and has stated she has the power to take on any of Marvel's big guns. (Side note: Pak is a Black Panther fan as well. I fully expect that he is going to have Panther show up in her book for an issue or two and the two of them will be portrayed very well together if this happens. Personally, from a business perspective and for the sake of readership, I think it would be best if Pak waited till the second year of the title to have Panther show up.) Yost is going to give Storm powerful feats and everything. I agree with those of you who say that Storm has been poorly portrayed in comics the last few years. That's why I dropped comics for the last 2-3 years, but just got back into them after the Storm solo was announced back in April. Many critics, people at Marvel and folks across the internet all say that Storm is the premier female character at Marvel. Seems to me she is about to get her due. She's poised to get the respect she deserves...FINALLY. So, people like Salustrade just look petty and ridiculous when they go posting scans of Storm at her low point to try and make the character look bad with all of this positive energy going on around this character right now as they talk about how "Black characters need to get respected at Marvel". LOL, give me a break. He's posting those pictures not because he's trying to take a shot at Marvel, but because he wants to take a shot at the character herself. It comes across like sour grapes.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:37:56 am by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 26, 2014, 10:26:30 am »

Not when this on-line character was making outrageous claims about my father taking his job as a Storm mascot!  ;)   

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 26, 2014, 10:40:32 am »

I slob on Greg Pak's knob like an ice cream cone whilst rocking my Storm cosplay attire.

Yup!

Creep actually making a Statement of fact usually voiced by readers not caught up on that X-crement Koolaid

Storm
reacting like the typical X-crement cult member sipping the aforementioned Koolaid.

That's why the fact that Creep has more or less been singled out as a disliked character by most of the other idiots like yourself posting over in CBR comes a no suprise to me.

Much like Storm, most of you tend to have no problem lashing out or generally trash talking when the truth proves inconvenient.

But since I don't do things by half or rely on misdirections, obsfucations or blatant lies like yourself, here we go....

Quote from: Kieran_Frost;343447
a) even some die hard T'Challa fans are voicing a lack of satisfaction with his work (and with T'Challa being central... man, that tells you something)
b) he is a very intelligent writer, who creates complex intelligent plots... nearly VOID of character.  He writers smart and emotionlessly stunted well (he'd write a wicked Emma); but the X-verse is built on character (and characterisation) and that is not his strong suit.  Never has been.  One of the main jokes you see about Avengers is 90% of the characters could be swapped out and in... the story would remain identical (which shows how much character matters to anything he does)
c) Hickman wanted to use Storm (the X-verse said no) and have T'Challa secretly sleeping with her behind the scenes = so to Wakanda they are broken up, but they would still be together.  Hickman didn't want to use Storm IN the Illuminati, but he wanted to use her as a glorified booty call.
d) the X-verse is THE LGBT strong hold... with Hickman running things... well his track record is appauling with LGBT characters

So NO, I don't desperately pine away waiting for the day Hickman gets to write her or the X-verse.  I'd be curious to see ONE guest arc (or even have him do a science team comic) and I'd happily by a T'Challa solo series or an Emma Frost/T'Challa duet book (man, that would be awesome), but in charge of the X-verse = GOD, NO!

Quote from: rutog98;343545
Can you please post a link that gives the details about Hickman wanting to use Storm as a booty call? Send it ASAP, if you can. I'm going to use this in a debate I am having with some internet pals. Where did you find this information?

Quote from: Kieran_Frost;346655
Yeah... I was so excited originally when I heard he was taking over New Avengers, making T'Challa and Namor major players... disappointing.  Plus he talked in several interviews about how diversity matters, and syaing how half the team will be women and minorities.  Yet 2 years later his "LGBT character" (*wink*) has yet to be outed.  Oh well.

Can't wait to see Guggenheim take a shot at it (I will miss Brian Wood), SO HAPPY that Deathbrid will be back.  I really want the comic to continue, it's such a great team.

So sorry I don't have a link; I was first told about in the BP thread (it was about Hickman and New Avengers after all).  Check there.  :)

Oh, I never meant to imply Hickman specifically used the term "booty call" in his comment (he didn't to my knowledge); that was my more flamboyant description... but ultimately... that is what he saw Storm as (call it what you will, that is what it was).  He didn't want to use her on the Illuminati (in place of Beast, let's be honest, Storm makes far more sense), he didn't want it to be public or known (so not referenced in the X-comics), he wanted to use Storm as a secret "intimate" sex partner for T'Challa.  That (to me) doesn't imply respect/a Storm I wanted to see.  She is NO ONE'S booty call, nor is she in a story simply to sleep with.

It's a shame, Storm would have been great on the Illuminati (it would have been nice to see Hickman try and rise up a female in Marvel to major "world moving" heights), Goddess knows she's more qualified that the walking blue furball, and it would have been a perfect situation to (if they wanted) start laying some real ground-work to one day bring them back together as a stable, couple.  Not rushed but slowly built.  Instead Hickman just saw her as a "booty call".  So I pass.

The fact that you're stupid enough to seek truth from one of the most dishonest and disingenuous posters on CBR, says more about your lack of character and general duplicity than anything else.

The poster in question never read a single issue of Reginald Hudlin's Black panther but was fond of slagging off the series just off of the strength of misinformation and hearsay in much the same manner as you yourself do within thi forum and the fact that this poster purposefully misrepresented Hickman's desire to write Ororo within the New Avengers by falsely implying that Hickman wanted her to be "T'Challa's booty call" despite evidence to the contrary makes you look all the more pathetic and stupid to boot.

At least this poster has always remained consistent in his support for all things LGBT regardless of whether they fit into story tropes or not.

All you're consistent with on here is peddling bullsh*t flavoured passive/aggressive misinformation and delusional rants.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:30:49 am by Salustrade »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #687 on: July 26, 2014, 11:18:46 am »

1) Storm was definitely written down as second fiddle to Shuri. When Doom attacked Panther and nearly killed him, Shuri was the one who went out looking for answers, not Storm. This was TOTALLY out-of-character for Ororo. Storm is a very proactive leader. No power on Earth would have stopped Storm from hunting down T'challa's attacker, yet Shuri got the shine here. During "Mutant Massacre", when Mr. Sinister sent his Marauders out to decimate the Morlocks, Storm sent Wolverine out to KILL, that's right, KILL the Marauders. She told him that she needed only one of them brought back to her alive. When she thought Magneto had killed Shadowcat in a story, Storm was prepared to take Magneto on solo in a fight to the death and take his life. When Marrow had a bomb attached to her heart that was going to explode and kill thousands of citizens, people Storm didn't even know, she engaged Marrow in a knife fight and killed her by cutting out her heart. Of course, it was revealed much later that Marrow actually has two hearts to bring her back to life. Recently, in Amazing X-Men (July's issue), she was concerned for Logan when he went up to Canada on his own and had Rachel Grey use Cerebro to scan for his location. She forbade Logan to leave the mansion because he is vulnerable without his healing factor. When Rachel was having difficulty locating him, Storm showed little patience and threatened to replace Rachel with her teenaged mother, Jean Grey. Now, Storm was not married to any of these people, but she chose to marry Panther, which means she loves him. So, yes, Storm was written as second fiddle to Shuri because it was Shuri who took on this role after the assault on T'challa while Ororo was portrayed as this wimpy, weeping wife so distraught over her husband's assault that she was just too emotionally fragile to do anything. Storm is MUCH tougher than that. Her strength of character and fierceness was written down to prop up Shuri. Maberry obviously doesn't know Storm's character or simply didn't care as all he wanted to do was give Shuri the limelight. Storm should have had Logan sniffing around the wreckage for clues, she should have Emma Frost on Cerebro scanning for clues as to Panther's attacker. Heck, she probably would have had Emma use Cerebro to sneak into Panther's mind clear over from America while Panther was in Africa behind his back to ascertain the identity of his attacker. She would have been out there interrogating people and even threatening them for information. Yes, I said threaten. The first time she and Candra crossed swords, Candra had invaded Achmed el-Gibar's home (Ororo's thief mentor back from her childhood days on the streets of Cairo) and convinced one of his street urchins to come with her. Candra's plans were to exploit his latent mutant abilities for herself. Achmed asked Ororo to save the boy from her corruption. In an attempt to locate Candra, she interrogated people and used intimidation to extract information from people as she worked her way through the criminal underground of the city.

Friend Rutog. Your recollection regarding the events in the X-Verse is, as always, uncannily on target.

However, your recollection of the events regarding RH BP and Storm's response is way off. I have the book in front of me.

Ororo DID NOT get all weepy and stuff. She saved...saved...TChalla TWICE in that arc alone. And that was AFTER the arc called LITTLE GREEN MEN, which was essentially The Storm Show. Ororo was the only person in the entire BP mythos who stood a chance of finding TChalla's soul solo, was brave enough to even think of doing so, had the spiritual reserves to actually make the trip, and then on top of all that had the combination of unending love, unending will power, and staggering might to actually venture to the realm of Death itself and free TChalla's soul. She went to the realm of Death, found TChalla battling Death's minions, and joined him in that battle. Because of her presence, the battle shifted. TChalla was fighting a truly gallant but LOSING battle until Ororo arrived. Together, they battled Death's minions to a standstill.

A. Stand. Still. In Death's own home dimension. Marinate on that. That is...unbelievably difficult.

That's more severely difficult than stopping old skool Unstoppable Juggernaut once he had a head of steam going during his charge. That's more difficult than beating Ultron-7 in h2h combat. That's more difficult than anything that either has done before...even more difficult than sealing the M'Krann Crystal. Because...THIS IS FIGHTING DEATH ITSELF IN DEATH'S VERY HOME.

In addition, Storm specifically selected Shuri to pursue The Rites of the Panther during that run...over the concerns raised by The Queen Mother. sinjection is correct. Without Storm? There is no Shuri the Black Panther. Storm simply was NOT written as 2nd to Shuri under RH's pen. You can make a excellent case for that being done under Maberry's pen, but even then recall...since Shuri was the new Panther, and both TChalla and Storm are well known commodities in comparison to her, Shuri SHOULD BE getting LOTS of shine because we need to be convinced as readers to care for Shuri. That was the plan once the idea of replacing TChalla came about.

And let's give RH more permanent props. He's the first EVER to have a FEMALE BLACK PANTHER. Truly "THE DEADLIEST OF THE SPECIES". He also made it possible for TWO PANTHERS to exist at once. The possibilites from that alone are STAGGERING if you're a good writer.

Why was Shuri tasked with becoming The Panther asap? Because Wakanda must always have at least ONE Panther up and ready to rock, ready to defend Wakanda at all times. Shuri...and ONLY SHURI...had the training and the best chance to take on Morlun, the guy that eats totems. He was hunting for TChalla, as TChalla was THEE ONLY BLACK PANTHER at that time. Shuri was the only person who had a chance of becoming A Black Panther while Storm was busy slapping Death around in Death's own house.

Once we remember the above, the proper context regarding the amazing story that RH wrote and Ledkilla just KILLLED IT on is now back in place.

Had this been an "in-character" Storm when Maberry took over? Emma would have found out from Panther's mind not only the identity of the attacker, Doom, but also about the nannite threat not only in her bloodstream, but in the bloodstream of every Wakandan citizen from Panther's mind. T'challa avoided telling Storm or anybody else about Doom since Doom would have immediately known that he told somebody through those same nannites. Emma, would have also gleaned this from Panther's mind as she probed his thoughts and memories and alerted Storm to this threat telepathically where Doom would be unable to detect Storm's knowledge of it. Emma would have likely told Ororo aloud (for Doom's sake) that she was unable to get anything out of Panther's head while telepathically telling Ororo EVERYTHING. Storm would have then mentally instructed Emma to telepathically instruct Forge or Beast come up with an antidote for the nannite infection. She would have then somehow come up with a way to instantly disperse this antidote to the entire population simultaneously and it would be a toss up as to whether or not Storm would charge over to Latveria on her own to rain down the fury of the elements upon Doom's head or if she would have restrained herself for a more concerted attack against Doom working with Shuri, T'challa and the Wakandan military.

What I am about to say is pure speculation on my part. But...I absolutely don't think that Doom was ill prepared for telepathic or psionic intervention/aid. He is a supergenius of the highest order, who knew full well the great difficulties he'd be taking on by assaulting TChalla and Wakanda as...revealed in the very pages of Doomwar itself...TChalla has REPEATEDLY defeated Doom prior to the initiation of DOOMWAR. In fact, TChalla...in a discussion with Reed during DOOMWAR...opined that Reed and TChalla taught Doom how to defeat them via the many painful defeats that each have inflicted upon Doom over the previous decades. Furthermore, in DARK REIGN, Doom specifically repelled Emma's attempts to read his mind. "No man or God may know the mind of Doom!" BMB wrote Doom saying such a thing.

Doom knows that Storm=help from the X-Men. Help from the X-Men=help from Emma. He already defeated Emma's attempts to probe his mind. He would have programmed his nannites to have a horrible nasty surprise for telepaths. A simultaneous psi shock for the telepath plus detonation of the bomb killing ALL NANNITE HOSTS is exactly the kind of thing that Doom would do, and what I guessed [ drawing from and running with the in story revelations that TChalla made to the X-Men regarding the very bombs that were programmed into the nannites to prevent them from being removed from the infected hosts ] that Doom had rocked and locked should the X-men telepathically intervene.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 26, 2014, 11:19:40 am »
2) I don't know what happened on CBR with the other Storm fans vs. Panther fans as I didn't get involved in the online fights over the Storm/BP marriage. I didn't even read the discussions going on there as I had already made up my own mind on the marriage situation. I believe the Storm fans definitely have some legitimate gripes about the whole ordeal (and I share some of those with them as I have outlined my complaints with the sloppy, unrealistic way the two characters were just thrown together in the marriage without any realistic build up, that TERRIBLE mini that brought down Storm and Ororo being written as second fiddle to that third stringer, Shuri). However, I told you guys at length about how I saw the positive potential in such a union. I voiced this overthere as well. Also, remember how I told you it was hotly debated on the internet for years who Storm should be with prior to her marrying Panther? Guess what? Surprise, my first choice for Storm to marry was the BLACK PANTHER in those debates. My second choice was Nightcrawler. He was the only one I thought who was formal enough in manner, gentlemanly and mature enough to be with her. Also, he wasn't pining over the other X-Men like Wolverine was over Jean...well, not going to go on and on about that. Though I never read Panther's title or stories with him save the Priest and original tellings of how he and Ororo met, I liked the idea of the two of them together. That said, I have already voiced my gripes on how the two characters were just SLOPPILY thrown together in an unrealistic way that hurt Storm's character in an effort to rush this forced marriage. It did not feel like a natural progression AT ALL for the two to marry as soon as they did. At any rate, I don't have to repost my arguments on this. To finish this point, I should say that I have never bashed Panther or Hudlin on any thread or forum. Also, I am who I am. I don't come on these boards and say one thing while going on CBR or any other board saying something completely different. So, I don't know what you mean by CBR activities I've been engaging in. I stand behind what I say. I don't change my opinion when I go from one audience to another.

3) You mention that I mildly irritate KIP, right? Perhaps I need to work on that...NOT. He needs to get with the program. KIP is used to me by now...or at least he should be. ;) We've known each other for years. We butt heads, but we like each other. We used to chat on IM, even, and we get on well. Sometimes, we would debate Storm on those IM conversations. He doesn't feel that I overstate Ororo's abilities (because I don't as I have canon PLUS interviews to back up what I say regarding Storm's power levels). Want to know what irks him? His words to me on IM a while back (we have not chatted in a bit), "Storm is a character who can easily become another Phoenix or Isis, but I don't think she should be that powerful." Now, I'm quoting from memory, but those are his exact words to me. I don't know who Isis is, but he told me she was some DC character. He believes Claremont overdid it with Storm. Me, I think she merely got her due and since its in canon, I'm not gonna let it go. Besides, other writers have touched up on the foundation Claremont has established for Storm and we see glimpses of this potential from time to time. On top of that, just last week, I tweeted Yost about possibilities of Storm having huge feats in "Amazing X-Men" since he just took over that title last month. He tweeted back to me that he "lives to give Storm big feats." He was singing my song and I'm dancing to the tune. Marvel is going to get my money for that book! They are doing exactly what they need to do to get me to open up my wallet for that title!

The historical Isis is the Greek adaptation of the African goddess Ausette. Ausette is extremely important because not only is she the mother of the God Osheru...whom the Greeks call Horus, and who is clearly the symbol that the Biblical Jesus and other Biblical figures like Moses was modeled after...Ausette also initiated the action which returned her murdered husband...Ausar...to life. Ausar was murdered by his jealous brother Set [ yes, that's where the Cain and Abel thing came from ] and his return to life is clearly the feat that Christians completely copied for their stories of Jesus.

I have to disagree with Kip. Ororo IS CLEARLY a member of the Ausette lineage. I mean...CLEARLY. It's glaringly obvious. Especially once her magic heritage was revealed. If she becomes a Ausette analogue? She'd backsmack the crap out of Phoenix. So yeah...I could see how Kip could want that NOT to happen because there's no way she'd be on any X-Team or be relateable to us nor would she marry TChalla or anyone else. She wouldn't even condescend to backsmack Thanos. She'd be on a footing with ETERNITY and whatnot. Which...housing the essence of ETERNITY and all...she could arguably be relatively close to being and doing already.

4) Regarding that Booshman guy, Genki, Salustrade and the others on that list you mentioned who are being rude to me, I don't have to be rude back to them because I have the facts on my side. (Earlier on, when I was irked, yeah, I said some not-too-nice things in response to some attacks upon me, but then I figure its not worth it.)  Storm IS all that and a biscuit. If they are jealous of the fact that she is the First Lady of Marvel, that's their problem for their Storm hating, not mine. They just don't want Storm to be great because she's not married to Panther right now. I'm just telling it like it is. Booshman is mad because when he came up with his anti-Storm stuff, I took out a can of "what for" and socked it to him. Notice, I didn't have to call him names, or curse him out (which I don't do to anyone on the internet or in real life) or make any real personal insults upon his person like he does to me except calling him desperate (which he is), ignorant and jealous. Here's the facts: Storm's got her own solo series going on now with a HUGE fan of hers back from the early Claremontian days writing the book with a MASSIVE Storm fanatic, Daniel Ketchum, editing the book. Ketchum told Pak to write down a list of huge Storm feats he wants to see Storm do in her solo. On top of this, Pak is going to pit Storm against "gods" (and, no, these are not going to be low level "gods" that Spidey and Logan can fight, you can take that to the bank) and has stated she has the power to take on any of Marvel's big guns. (Side note: Pak is a Black Panther fan as well. I fully expect that he is going to have Panther show up in her book for an issue or two and the two of them will be portrayed very well together if this happens. Personally, from a business perspective and for the sake of readership, I think it would be best if Pak waited till the second year of the title to have Panther show up.) Yost is going to give Storm powerful feats and everything. I agree with those of you who say that Storm has been poorly portrayed in comics the last few years. That's why I dropped comics for the last 2-3 years, but just got back into them after the Storm solo was announced back in April. Many critics, people at Marvel and folks across the internet all say that Storm is the premier female character at Marvel. Seems to me she is about to get her due. She's poised to get the respect she deserves...FINALLY. So, people like Salustrade just look petty and ridiculous when they go posting scans of Storm at her low point to try and make the character look bad with all of this positive energy going on around this character right now as they talk about how "Black characters need to get respected at Marvel". LOL, give me a break. He's posting those pictures not because he's trying to take a shot at Marvel, but because he wants to take a shot at the character herself. It comes across like sour grapes.

I would never presume to speak for the Brothers you mentioned, Brother Rutog, but I get the distinct feeling that each of them are certified Storm Fans...just not STORM OR DIE fanatics. And I tend to take Salustrade at his word, because to my knowledge he's never, ever varied one micron from it once he's given it or stated it. If he's taking a shot at Marvel and NOT Storm? I believe him. This is the same Salustrade who pulled Big Guns on hatas for dissing Storm during her X-Men days. Remember when Storm fans came over to HEF in the first place? Salustrade, sinjection, Yaw--who I miss dearly--jenn, and several others formed the main HEF Big Gun response. They were all uncompromising about caring for Storm. They were all equally adamant about the fact that liking BP doesn't mean hating Storm.Both should and would be elevated by their marriage.

They were right. Storm solo? Check. TChalla in NEW AVENGERS and ORIGINAL SIN? Check. TChalla probably getting his own solo next year? Check.

[/quote]
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 26, 2014, 11:22:55 am »

Not when this on-line character was making outrageous claims about my father taking his job as a Storm mascot!  ;)

What?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: